News

“Ibinabo Saved My Life”! Veteran Actor Romanus Amuta on Death Hoax

Romanus Amuta Photos - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01006
Veteran Nollywood actor Romanus Amuta, popularly known as Natty from the 80’s sitcom New Masquerade is shutting down reports that he is dead.

Over the past 24 hours, news of his death as a result of partial paralysis has gone viral

Speaking with the Nollywood Television in Enugu, the actor confirms he is very much alive, and praised AGN president Ibinabo Fiberesima for helping save his life.

“I am very much alive” he says.

“Ada’m, Ada di ora nma, only God will reward you for saving my life. You have showed me that there is God. Anybody that says you are not working is not well. As you have saved my life, God will continue to preserve you. You brought me to this kind of big man hospital, paid everything, still gave me and my family extra money and still you have bought food stuff for me that doctor said I should be eating, only God can reward you, you have given me hope, now I am free” Amuta said while commending Ibinabo on service to AGN members.

Ibinabo held hands with the family and prayed. She also thank God for President Goodluck Jonathan who loves Nollywood and provided the benevolence funds that has made possible AGN’s dream of taking care of its sick members.

Overwhelmed with the love and kindness, Natty’s wife launched into thanks. “You have showed me today that God is a human being, he is a woman and her name is Ibinabo, madam thank you, Nollywood Television please help me to tell the world the good things this beautiful woman have done for me and my family, anybody that speaks ill of madam will incur the wrath of God, my husband is alive and will get better, God has used madam Ibinabo to bless me, Thank You Lord” she said.

On the good deed, Ibinabo said “It is a blessing to me that God has given me a platform through which I can show forth his goodness, I will only encourage people to come on board and join the health scheme that the guild has secured for its members.”

Romanus Amuta Photos - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01007Romanus Amuta Photos - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01002Romanus Amuta Photos - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01003Romanus Amuta Photos - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01004Romanus Amuta Photos - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01008Romanus Amuta Photos - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01009

1. Nma

June 9, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Ibinabo is on a major damage control parole.

2. dondumex

June 9, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Chai! Thank God uncle nati is still alive and kicking….God will restore him in Jesus name..amen
    Dondumex.com

3. mujer

June 9, 2014 at 9:26 pm

You know, while I am happy that our dear one and only Natty has been saved from the grip of death, I am annoyed at the suggestion that this was done using funds dependent on charity. Actors are workers. they should have access to health care, they should have a decent pension, and being off the screen should not be the same as a death sentence.

• Dlapikin

June 9, 2014 at 9:48 pm

That is exactly the point Clarion has been making!

• nene

June 9, 2014 at 10:23 pm

gbam!

• Nma

June 9, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Yup thats what Clarion has been hammering on. It just seems like Ibinabo took on this “charity case” to silence critique meanwhile many Nollywood veterans and actors have died (some critically ill) due to treatable illnesses. Why is this story emerging now AFTER she is being criticized for chopping alone and not procuring benefit packages for veterans and current actors? And will she continue to help this particular veteran after all the fanfare? The guild needs to establish a benefit package/system for members….especially veterans. All i am seeing here is just damage control and hype.

• slice

June 10, 2014 at 12:33 am

to have that, nigerian actors will have to do what other business people all over the world and nigeria have to do: either save for health care or buy health insurance. if you want retirement income as a self employed person, then do the same: save or buy.

4. nene

June 9, 2014 at 10:22 pm

pr damage control!!! i remember the man as “nati” from new masquerade with zebrudaya. he looks sick.

5. nikky

June 9, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Thank God for his health.

6. O~Intuition!

June 9, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Regardless of ” Ibiinabo on a major damage control parole” (@Nma), we need to start supporting our Veteran Artists and ‘advising’ the current ones to have a long-term plan because everyday isn’t christmas.

You couldn’t have said it better @mujer…”Actors are workers. they should have access to health care, they should have a decent pension, and being off the screen should not be the same as a death sentence”

7. @edDREAMZ

June 9, 2014 at 10:54 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    I really dont see this thing as any big deal i swear, common, she is doing her job thats why she is the prsident at first instance….. Thank God natty survived at last though….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

8. creamissh

June 9, 2014 at 11:20 pm

wow.. this is the same thing clarion talked about. thank God ibinabo took some points from her and got to this man in time…. just like @mujer said “actors are workers and they should have a decent pension” .. if the health scheme ibinabo talked abt is for real then kudos to her. this is a step in the right direction for AGN i guess.

9. ADULT JOKES

June 10, 2014 at 3:58 am

Nice one Ibinabo.

10. chic

June 10, 2014 at 8:51 am

this IB babe is on a major PR parole! !! well, everystick has two ends, when u pick up one end, u av automatically picked up d other end………so ride on babes what u sow, u shall ‘most def’ reap……

11. Tony

June 10, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Please can we all for once appreciate a good deed without strings attached. If she did not help this man everybody would say she is wicked, ex convict, eats alone, begs from the government as Morale Police Madam C has been preaching about. Now she has done something nice, yet it is called Damage control, PR etc
    Do people ever lack something negative to say???? Actors are supposed to safe for rainy days, pensions, insurance and many safety nets exist. The industry is big and you can not force people. Today they buy flashy cars, villas and when rainy days come and no money, then AGN president is not doing her job.
    I have said it before and i would say it again. If Clarion has plans of commercialising, she can share them with the current leadership, one does not have to be at the helm of power to make a change. Before Ibinabo became president of AGN was there commercialisation?

Thank God, this PAPA is alive and thank you IB for reaching out. Talk is cheap so let people talk.

12. Sola

June 11, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Please can someone tell me if that is Ibiwari in the red shirt that Ibinabo is hugging? It looks like her but not sure. Anyway TONY, TONY the defender of IBINABO . Ibinabo has done a good thing but Natty’s wife she take back all those praises equating Ibinabo to GOD before God descends on her with fire. God will not share his glory with anyone. Damage control or not, she has helped someone although truth be told, numerous people do exceedingly more than she has done or can ever do for less fortunate people in this world and they don’t go about plastering it all over the news or making sure everyone notices what they’ve done. Whatever her motives are for doing this, the fact is she has helped Natty. Knowing Ibinabo, it’s all for the praises she wants directed at herself. So who will you help next IBINABO? Make sure you call NTA NEWS to film that one or AIT because everyone has to see you doing your good deeds abi!!

13. Tony

June 11, 2014 at 4:48 pm

SOLA, I personally do not know IBINABO. Lol. I just feel those criticising her have different motives so have refused to see any good in her. All some people want is to chew her and spit it out. At least let her show the world that the money she is accused of begging up and down, she uses it to help people. hahahah