News

Mum is Proud! Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Praises Kids

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde - August 2013 - BellaNaija
There is no greater joy for a doting mother whose children constantly make her smile.

Today, Nollywood actress Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde took to her official Instagram account to share some good news about two of her children.

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde - June 2014 - Clan - BellaNaija.com
Her second daughter Meraiah, 14,  is the head girl of her school and her older brother M.J. is a young music producer.

“OMG! Congratulations Meraiah !!! On becoming the Headgirl of your school and outstandingly so. WOW! #BeautywithBrains you inspire me! You all inspire me… Your older brother #CaptainE is also the youngest producer in Africa at #15 ! #ThankyouLord #Grace #Jesusislord! #recordbreakingFamily #itsourthing

1. Miss Pee

June 19, 2014 at 12:55 pm

hmmm, congrats oooh, but record breaking? I don’t think so, I’ve seen a girl in Ph who was the headgirl in her school but much younger than your daughter.

• Tia

June 19, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Ode read it again! She meant her son who is the young producer

• Miss Pee

June 19, 2014 at 4:52 pm

When next you want to run your mouth like pure water or pee read again and again she said #recordbreakingfamily so it was generalised and not specify.

• Lisa

June 19, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I think she was referring to her son being a producer at 15.

• tracey

August 7, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Jealousy is bad are you so jealous of omotola that you must look for something foolish to say

2. Akua

June 19, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Nice family…..congratulations!

3. Underage kids need privacy

June 19, 2014 at 1:09 pm

she is putting her kids out there but when bloggers start posting stuff about them, she rants like a lost cow! mschewwww

• huummm

June 19, 2014 at 2:03 pm

#Isnt that true. She wants to have her cake and eat it too. IMPOSSIBLE

• ekalor

June 19, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Cow! com’on.. really

• Naveah

June 19, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Where is the LIKE button for this comment, abeg? You ain’t never lied!!!

4. good to know but lets see the quality of his movies first before you start announcing him to the world. meraiah is a bit bigger than 14 tho
    worldshocker.blogspot.com

5. me

June 19, 2014 at 1:32 pm

omotola sharap already…lol nt hating sha.

6. me

June 19, 2014 at 1:33 pm

hide ur kids from the media plss

7. dior

June 19, 2014 at 1:33 pm

sum pipo cant read, she said her son not the girl………….habaa!.

• CarliforniaBawlar

June 19, 2014 at 5:11 pm

sum pipo cant spell……….habaa!.

8. tunmi

June 19, 2014 at 1:34 pm

“There is no greater joy than a doting mother whose children constantly make her smile.”

I know we love children and we all too often equate children with a person’s worth. But that but is not necessary because you do not want to alienate your subscribers who do not agree with that. OmoT’s message was nice and lovely and proud and deserving. The message alone conveys her thoughts, BN please try to not dangerously ad-lib

• CarliforniaBawlar

June 19, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Gbam!!BN can like to add salt and pepper to story.
      My bff keeps going on about nothing beating the joy of ‘biological’ motherhood and I respectfully told her that we would have to agree to disagree on that.
      My mum did a pretty darn great job at raising us and is constantly making sure we are the best we can be. But once upon a time…everyone was great…either in college or had an ongoing career, yet my mum was close to clinically depressed ‘cos things weren’t going well with her career…I remember her friends would tell her not to worry, that at least she had good kids that were making her happy…na so my mama go just dey give them blank stares….in the end, she had to find herself spiritually all over again to regain her joy and peace.

9. +Rare Gem+

June 19, 2014 at 1:40 pm

So proud of u Omotee! Ur family shall continually soar like the Eagle~

10. Hope

June 19, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Omotola stop it already!! Habaa!! So so bragging..Youngest producer in Africa? ermm what has he done and how does she even know?
    This woman needs to learn how to keep her gob shut sometimes..gosh!

• The real Hopeful

June 19, 2014 at 3:18 pm

You should learn how to keep your gob and tactless brain shut down! Hater! It dosent add anything to society. Do you know how many people have been inspired by this message already? She dosent gush about diamonds! Gucci shoes or Prada bags! She gushes about achievements!!! And that says a lot about how intelligent she is and her sort of person.
      I know it hurts as an underachieving angry person to see news of winners next time don’t click on their story trust me it’ll help you get through the day.
      I’ll add my own CONGRATULATIONS to the thousands already doing that on Instagram , twitter and Facebook JARE. Omosexy ! I tap into your special kind of blessing! Amen.

• tracey

August 7, 2014 at 7:20 pm

And you need to learn to keep your jealousy aside. One day when youre rich and famous you can do what you will as for now you shut up and concentrate on your life not others that have already made it. Mtcheeew

11. No wonder

June 19, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Omo T, shey you dey expose your children to the world abi? Don’t you know the world in general is wicked? Their mouth no good especially in this internet age where there are no restrictions, people talk anyhow. When people come after your children with their mouth and subject them to scrutiny, abeg no talk or vex because even international celebrities face the same things. Them don talk about child bullying tire but mehn, the world ain’t changing for anybody. I understand that as a proud mother, you really can’t wait to flaunt it. But you are no everyday mum, your life is out there so you are different. Anyway, I understand the proud feeling and kudos to your children.

12. haardey22

June 19, 2014 at 2:32 pm

some peeps in here your comments shows how bitter and miserable you are. she is a celeb but dont forget she is also human , she is only praising her kids, if she doesnt sing their praises are you the one to do that for her ???… let her be abeg she is only a proud mother, despite her much absence from their lives her kids are still successful

13. trendycubicle.com

June 19, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Every mother is proud when her children are doing well, some gist their friends and colleagues about the success of their kids, while others take it to social media, so i guess its just her way of gisting us about the kids.

14. MOM

June 19, 2014 at 3:06 pm

MHH NA WAOOOOO, I SEE NOTHING WRONG IN HER EXPRESSING HER JOY OVER HER CHILDREN’S SUCCESS AFTER ALL IT IS A NORMAL THING PEOPLE DO ON FB, TWITTER AND ALL AROUND. AM SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU OMOTOLA. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. EACH TIME I SEE UR PICS AM SO THRILLED. LOVELY HOME.

15. Samantha

June 19, 2014 at 3:06 pm

OMG! People People every proud mum has a right to showcase her children’s achievements, my mum brags about me to anyone sitting next to her in the underground train, overhead train, bus , planes, at her job, in church, at the park ….lol everywhere oooo the woman has my pictures on every social media there is and you would think I am some mega star with many achievements. I am just a lawyer! Omotola brag about your kids all you want, especially when they have done you so proud and well done to your kids! #cheerstokidswhomaketheirmamaproud!

• CarliforniaBawlar

June 19, 2014 at 4:51 pm

lmao!! I know!! My mum is on another level as well… Her last flight back to Naija she actually hooked me up with some ExxonMobil oga’s contact…he sat next to her on the plane and she mentioned her daughter who was ‘doing well’ in the oil industry, na so them become padi o.
      Moral of the story? maybe something good can come out of bragging….but that would be 1 out of every 100 bad eye IMHO. But my mama nor send, our most recent conversation, she said ” I don’t mind my friends laughing at me that my daughter is not married….na them sabi!! By the time they see all your achievements dem go know say pikin pass pikin” In my mind i’m thinking “abeg wetin achieve oh?!” lols.

16. bukola

June 19, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Congrats omo t. May God be with ur home.

17. Victory

June 19, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Nawa to all these haters, let my children make me proud and u will hear the gist. If Omo T is so proud of her kids then it shouldnt call for all these. One advice to Omo T, better start cooking for your haters with detol cos if u dont take care of them who will?. Well all I see is jealousy and guess haters gonna die b4 their time when the world will hear about my children. So happy for u Omo sexy, dont mind them joor na jealousy go kill them.mtchewwwwww.

18. obinna

June 19, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I think there should be a few things that she protects from public scrutiny, things like relationships and family. She doesn’t need to feed the public with her personal family details. That’s just setting a standard of invasion of privacy.

19. Fume

June 19, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Na wa to una o Haters.com, Mothers put their kids as dp’s on bb, on fb, talk about them on twitter if it’s their birthday, a graduation, or just simply happy they have them. it’s what mom’s do they cant help themselves. So to criticize a mother for being a mother is just wrong. would you have your kid and not be proud of them? The world is wicked, the world is wicked is enough God will take care of them.

20. ivie

June 19, 2014 at 4:50 pm

There’s no wrong Praising your child’s achievement or accomplishments!!! Motherhood is not a platter of Gold. Congratulations Omo T, your kids will soar high and more in all they do.
    I know that feeling when I was made the head girl of my school at 14 too.. my mum was very proud and she told every one, didn’t bother if they cared or not as far as her joy were gain fully expressed!
    If you worry yourself with the ills of this world instead of you focusing on God’s grace and blessings… then you should ask your self whose child are you?(my God is a consuming fire!)
    We all should stop giving evil some audience!!!
    Appreciate life,live,love and pray always!!
    PS: sorry for this epistle…as the spirit leads so I jotted..lol#Blessed day every one 🙂

21. nene

June 19, 2014 at 7:22 pm

i know omotola is a poser and likes to brag but i’m going to cut her some slack when it comes to her kids. every parent can and should brag about their kids, good or bad.

22. Ife

June 19, 2014 at 7:27 pm

I think I agree , just jus coz dey are famous does not mean that their private lives should be out there for everyone to see especially innocent kids that never asked for all the undesirable attention. Everyone should have a right to privacy. If u decide to put your child’s photos on your social media page at least you choose who gets to view. In this case anyone can have access to these photographs and the identity of the kids. I don’t think that is a wise move in this present climate. As for me there is a privacy setting on my social media so I can control who sees my activity.

23. Miss Toke

June 20, 2014 at 2:37 am

That’s really nice and cool, God’s blessing..

24. adelegirl

June 20, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Why are people criticizing Omotola for praising her kids, for being a proud mum? My mum constantly praises us her kids and magnifies every tiny lil bit of achievement. Most parents I know do that- you should see parents congratulating their kids on ‘”graduating” from playgroup and nursery school, on their first poo, first word, first step, etc. It’s what parents do. Pls people should cut Omotola some slack.

25. lady

June 20, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Totally agree with u some parents r misguided . What is a 15 yr old doing being a music producer. What about focusing on school. Omotola pls don’t let this fame get to ur head and then make poor choices . For ur children’s sake .

• tracey

August 7, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Look… He is done with high school and wants to do music. You can parent but never force your child into doing something they dont want to do. If he wants to do music thats none of your business. When you have your own kids you can force them to do what you want them to do. Its not your family so dont render terrible advice

26. jennifer

June 24, 2014 at 8:46 am

hey people. not bcos omotee is a celeb she cnt do all dis. she’s a aproud mother and am sure all u haters mum wuld luv to show off too buh dey re not noticed. maybe nxt world ur mum shuld try so hard to be a celeb. omotola I love u and ur family.