News

The Skincare System Vogue called “Revolutionary” has Landed in Nigeria – FOREO Luna

FOREO- BellaNaija - June2014004

Sweden-based FOREO is taking the beauty industry by storm with its iconic new range of beauty devices that provide a smarter, more effective way to care for the skin. Launched last year, FOREO’s Luna™ range has already received widespread coverage in magazines such as Glamour and Vogue, and is sold worldwide at notable retailers, including Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, Sephora and 10 Corso Como. The LUNA™ has also recently been granted the prestigious “Innovation of the Year” award from Elle Sweden.

One of the main driving forces behind FOREO is their dedication to promoting healthy skincare across the globe. That’s why they are now entering the African market – so that beauty lovers in the region can have access to the same award winning skincare devices. To cement their commitment, FOREO recently sponsored African Fashion Week and their LUNA™ range was showcased at Cosmex.

FOREO- BellaNaija - June2014001

There is a strong culture of beauty and makeup appreciation in West Africa. So, what if the skin’s natural beauty required no makeup to improve its appearance? For FOREO, that’s where beauty starts – with skincare, instead of makeup.

Women with darker skin tones produce more melanin and can often have larger pores, leading to oilier skin. This coupled with excess use of makeup can clog up pores which will then lead to pimples and blemishes. It is for this reason regular, twice daily cleansing of the skin is important. That’s why beautiful skin starts with a consistent cleansing routine, as cleansing provides the vital foundation for maintaining naturally beautiful skin. Appreciating this, FOREO is bringing a skincare range that will complement every woman’s beauty routine – the LUNA™

FOREO- BellaNaija - June2014007 FOREO- BellaNaija - June2014005

The secret to the LUNA™ range’s global success is in the T-Sonic™ pulsations, channeled through a unique brush surface of soft silicone touch-points. This provides deep yet gentle cleansing that removes dead skin cells, and unclogs pores of dirt, oil and makeup residue. Available in 3 models tailored to specific skin types, the LUNA™ also has an anti-aging function that directs lower-frequency pulsations to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The result is skin that looks smoother, healthier, clearer and radiant – no makeup required.

FOREO- BellaNaija - June2014006FOREO- BellaNaija - June2014002

Lola from FOREO, says “The Luna Range is probably one of the most exciting things that has happened in the Beauty Industry since face wash was invented!  It takes skincare to a whole new level. In the last 22 years I’ve been working as a makeup artist and therapist I haven’t come across anything that has really made such a difference to my own personal skincare routine.  It’s easy to use, leaves my skin looking and feeling great. Plus the battery lasts forever. This is ideal for a working mum of two.  I don’t need to make time to “pamper” myself as its waterproof I can just jump in the shower and then get on with my day!”.

Watch Makeup Artist Lola Maja-Okojevoh‘s (CEO, Sacred Beauty) review of the FOREO Luna device.

The LUNA™ is available for purchase online at  Jumia.com.

You can also visit Sacred Beauty for a skin consultation or treatments.
The Sacred Group is located at: 2 Abiola Close, Shonibare Estate, Maryland, Lagos or L’espace No. 19 Olosa Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.

For Stockist enquires across Nigeria please call: +234 80 97 97 97 97  or +234 80 76 76 76 76.
____________________________________________________________
Advertorial – Sponsored Content

1. Bella

June 23, 2014 at 12:16 pm

and yet the models on the ads are plastered in makeup. mscheewwwww

2. @edDREAMZ

June 23, 2014 at 1:05 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Making sense but vaseline is still the best skin care knwn to man…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

3. Nuna

June 23, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Frigging expensive! I’ll stick to my neutrogena face wash abeg. Does the job and my skin feels like a baby’s butt. Aint nobodu got time for this mehn.

4. jay

June 23, 2014 at 2:44 pm

I would love to give this product a try and probably review it, but the price oh!

[email protected]

5. Ada Ada

June 23, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Mbok as everyone dey shout say e cost, could somone kindly tell me the price?

• Joan85

June 23, 2014 at 6:46 pm

199USD enjoy 🙂

6. Bose

June 23, 2014 at 8:46 pm

It’s on Jumia for 32K
    It’s pricey but it works! I’ve got mine.

7. BeautyQueen

June 23, 2014 at 8:52 pm

To be honest everything is relative to value cause Even if you don’t spend it all at once you still spend 32k over time on other things. i was gonna buy it but figured id get it cheaper when i travelled but it was more expensive in Dubai!! so Nigeria isn’t that bad after all lol. Been using it for a few weeks and its better than the clarasonic in my opinion.

8. Bade

June 24, 2014 at 10:18 am

All these faces are made up so whats the point of this exactly??

9. Amiyah

June 24, 2014 at 4:24 pm

It’s pricey, but I’ve had bad skin for a while and so bought this in London at Harvey Nichols,
    It does work and at the end of the day and when you’ve had bad skin trust me you go pay o!

10. Ronkebabe

June 24, 2014 at 8:22 pm

So happy the Luna has come here, My girlz av been teasing me from London Town, I av mine thank-god from Jumia, the Blue

11. Pamela

June 25, 2014 at 4:10 pm

This brand and product is new to me but I am very interested in the technology & packaging. I currently own a Clarisonic Mia 2, but would love the chance to compare both devices/brands. The retail price is steep, but is “right” within the marketplace. Have you seen the FOREO ISSA project?

12. toks

June 25, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I don vex, they never get Nija colors… haba… Does this ting actually work? My girl got me the mens.. Love as no price sha, I no go lie, I never use um since however all this noise. I go try am

13. Petite&Sweet

June 26, 2014 at 2:54 am

I’ve been seeing this Foreo thing around for a while now and beaauty blogs are nearly all saying that it’s worth the price. Soap and water just aint cuttin it no more. Anyway sha, I think I’m gonna book the Facial first and see what the fuss is about. Maybe I’ll get the chance to meet Lola, if I can have her skin then i’ll buy the brush and cream and anything else they sell me! Look forward to more videos i’m so in love with her. She’s my woman crush.

14. Zuwaira

June 28, 2014 at 12:48 pm

It works like magic right from the first use. I got the pink Foreo Luna which is for sensitive skin more than a month ago. My face is never clean with out using this cleansing device. It helps what ever facial product you’re using before go into to the skin for its proper function. My skin is clearer and smoother by the day. And when you apply your make up, it looks so smooth. I got my Foreo Luna from Sacred Beauty at L’espace for abt 44kand I got a free signature foreo facial. You can also get the Foreo Mini for abt 32k. It’s pricy but worth the investment. You all have a good weekend.

15. Hillary

July 15, 2014 at 6:26 pm

I’m using Clarisonic Mia and I don’t know if Luna will be worth the switch. It’s more expensive than Clarisonic but has awesome features like variable speed and it’s easier to clean because silicone doesn’t harbor bacteria. Can anyone please help me?