News

MFM Pastor Battling Eye Cataract says G.O. gave Him Anointing Oil & Prayer Points instead of Money

MFM Pastor - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01
A 61-year-old father of two, Pastor Lawrence Okechukwu Amuruche is crying out for help.

The pastor speaks out after the anointing oil, water and prayer points given to him by the General Overseer of his church Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministeries (MFM) Dr. Daniel Kolawole Olukoya has failed to stop the cataract growing in his eyes.

Amuruche heads the Satelite town branch of the church and reveals he has been battling with eye cataract which has grown on one eye and may affect the second if he doesn’t get medical help as soon as possible.

In an interview with The Sun, he revealed the eye problem started when his eyes were constantly itching him, and he later had blurry sight. His wife told him there was a growth forming in his eyes, so he went to see an ophthalmologist.

The optician told him he had developed an eye cataract and he urgently needed surgery.

“At the hospital, they said I should provide N450,000 per eye. That is N900,000 for the two eyes but I cannot afford it. I did an eye test for which I paid N130,000 pending the time I will get money for the surgery. But I have not been able to raise money and my situation is getting worse by the day.”

Pastor Olukoya on BellaNaija.com

When asked if his church has done anything to assist him, he said;
“I have gone to my General Overseer for money to do the surgery. To get him was a problem. It was just last week that I was able to get him.

But instead of giving me money to do the surgery, he gave anointing oil, prayer points and water to be washing my face. I told him that I have prayed. I have been doing fasting and have been doing vigils concerning the eyes. But it has been deteriorating. If my coming out to seek for help will lead to my sack, let him sack me and I will go instead of losing my eyes in the name of ministry. And I will not be able to minister, I will not pastor and I will be in the house and they will not pay me.”

1. Africhic

July 29, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Herein lies the problem, like the Ebola story.

2. ak

July 29, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Lobatan

3. Aragon

July 29, 2014 at 2:05 pm

‘Pastor’ Lawrence Okechukwu probably gave all his life savings to ‘Pastor’ Daniel Kolawole Olukoya along with so many other gullible Igbos to keep living large.
    Any Igbo person that goes to any of the Yoruba churches has a brain the size of a pea.

• Mo

July 29, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Can’t you just comment without tribalism….what has “Yoruba or “Igbo” got to do with this story now…i wonder who has the pea brain????…you are no better than these so called religious men of God both groping in the dark….

• nene

July 29, 2014 at 2:32 pm

hian. biko watch what you’re saying. Don’t they pay Pastor okechukwu a salary as a pastor? Secondly, the general overseer would’ve tried to raise money for the pastor (since he doesn’t want tog I’ve him money), after all they raise money to build churches and other projects.

• Desertthirsty

July 29, 2014 at 2:47 pm

@Aragon, You are beyond dumb. Grab a lifeline to merely stupid and keep up.

• Aragon Enemy

July 29, 2014 at 3:09 pm

So you have to tribalized it, you just showed the size of your brain.

4. John

July 29, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Oh Nigerian pastors o

5. Robin Hood

July 29, 2014 at 2:16 pm

religious hustlers. a lesson to other nigerians that throw every calamity of theirs to god and so called men of god. be pragmatic

6. lade

July 29, 2014 at 2:27 pm

I’m not quite sure why he expects the GO to pay for the cataract surgery. The problem with Nigerians is an unjustified sense of entitlement and this story right here illustrates that.

• drainer

July 29, 2014 at 2:39 pm

@lade…if you work for an organisation that large, it should be part of their responsibility to attend to such critical condition. Am sure if same money is needed to open a branch in Lekki…it will be done immediately in the light of ROI.

• Wonufatukasi

July 29, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Ooo, judge rightly. Cataract is not a risk of been a pastor it can happen to any body.. If he hand out money to every pastor with medical problem he would have to steal. Because of this one case that is out you people are making myopic judgements. What was he doing when he was younger that he does not have assets to cover his surgery, where are his children, wife and family that they can’t raise money. Please apportion the right blame because this is the problem of Nigeria, we accuse the government of no this that but in your own little career are you efficient, doing it with predijuice and in right standards.

• Ona

July 29, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Well, if the GO is living in luxury and this man has been a faithful servant why not? We all know that Nigerian church do not pay their pastors, and the ones that do pay them peanuts so where will this man get the money for his surgery? GO is living luxuriously and cant fork out a few thousands of dollars for his pastor’s surgery? Yet u lots will gladly give ur all to him? What then is the offering and tithes u pay every sunday supposed to be used for? THINK DAMN IT!

• Wonufatukasi

July 29, 2014 at 11:32 pm

And if he was paid peanuts, I wonder y he decided to stay. Don’t emphasis what you don’t know. Money at time matters more on how you invest and use it. One might live a better life that someone with same salary just because of the way you spend, your priority and you think thinking quotient.

• ak

July 29, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Please keep quiet there…

Why shouldn’t he expect his boss to pay for his surgery?

If the boss asks him to fast 100 days for the church, won’t he do it?

If the boss tells him to switch offices and pastor a different Church, won’t he do it?

In America, we have healthcare insurance that is paid for by the employer,,, That would have been what he would have used to pay for a surgery…. Since this is not the case, his oga at the top (if he claims not to have common N900,000- But he can give 40million naira to first class graduates) should at least try a fundraising event that Pastors are so good at when they visit churches,,,,

In the same vein, it is such a shame when employees do not understand / have rights in Nigeria.

• slice

July 30, 2014 at 5:08 am

In america we have health care insurance paid by the employer.
      No, we don’t. In America, some people have healthcare insurance paid by the employer. If your employer doesn’t provide health care ins., you get it yourself or you go without. if this man wanted a health care plan, he could have bought one himself. but he didn’t and now it’s everyone’s fault but his. sigh

• ak

July 30, 2014 at 3:21 pm

@Slice.. It is time to get yourself educated on OBAMACARE aka Affordable Care Act that makes it mandatory for every employer with over 50 employees to provide comprehensive health care for its employees:

If MFM were in America, it would be considered a non profit with over 50 employees and would not be exempt from this requirement

My underlying assumption was based on a company of MFM’s SIZE… I would not expect a business like a small shop to offer healthcare insurance.

Before you begin a rant, please take time to ask the right questions.

**Asko**

• slice

July 30, 2014 at 5:37 pm

lol i even loved your comment while trying to reply. i didn’t rant at you. i just told you the same facts you repeated ie not everyone in america has healthcare insurance through their employer.
      and i followed it up by saying if you don’t have healthcare insurance through your employer then it’s your responsibility to get that yourself. whether or not it would be “right” thing for the employer to help you is beside the point. if I’m “ranting” at anyone, it’s at the guy
      while we’re at it though, what you’ve stated about 50 or more employees is just one part of the story. there are two other issues 1) they have to be full time employees and 2) they actually have to be employees of the church. this pastor may not be considered an employee because he is the head pastor of a satellite branch, which may not put him under employee status. you also don’t know whether he is working full time for the church.

• MOI

July 29, 2014 at 9:22 pm

BECAUSE HE WORKS FOR THE GO. WHAT ABOUT MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR STAFF?

7. 90s

July 29, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Xtians of 2day lack faith,if G.O had given u d wata,oil nd prayer points, y nt cry out to God wit a heart full of sincerity instead of putting 1mind on christ nd d oda mind on medicals? God hs done it b4 nd e can stil do it again, d wata,oil nd prayer point wunt work 4 u sir cos u lack FAITH u only bliv in wat a doctor can do wen u av a doctor who is higher dan all doctors. SMH, I pray God sees u tru though. I dnt knw y pastors of 2day reason d way dey do,wat shuld we d congregation do!

• benny

July 29, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I have lost my damn mind reading ur comment. Where do I begin? Who will save Nigerians from this form of mental slavery? Who?

• Ona

July 29, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Does ur GO and his family not fly abroad to the finest hospitals when they are ill? Why can’t he pay for the surgery of a man who has served him so faithfully? Keep spewing ignorance and remain oppressed.

• ak

July 29, 2014 at 3:51 pm

@90s You are the problem with Nigeria… God gave us brains, and a cure to Cataracts for a reason. Nonsense… When you were a child, didn’t your parents give you immunizations to protect you from infantile diseases? Why didn’t they put their trust in God alone – like you claim is the solution to all problems?

Why don’t you go on 5 years fast and say, “Man shall not live by bread alone but by the Word of God?” It’s not your fault.

Mumu.

• amaa

July 30, 2014 at 10:21 am

Reading your comment made me understand why High flying pastors get away with living in luxury while their congregation wallow in abject poverty. Even if GO can not fund the surgery he can help him raise funds by using his good office abi na platform to appeal to well meaning members to come to his aid.

8. linda g.

July 29, 2014 at 2:39 pm

So bellanaija was rhis newsworthy? When Pastor Olukoya does thousands of good for church paying school fees, rent etc. That one u wont make that a headline, but this senile man comes to tell story which I doubt you confirm is true, you just post it ro tarnish pastor Olukoya reputation. I only have one thing to say to you bella , MAY GOD JUDGE YOU. I use to respect this blog in 2006, with time it has detrioted to horrible journalism. You are no different from the razz blogs out there like SDA or lindaikeji who will post any rubbish to get clicks and gain some traffic. I lost all respect for this Blog. And no Olukoya is not my pastor, however he is the only nigerian pastor I respect.

• benny

July 29, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Mahnnnnnn… Some of you are religious extremists. The difference between you ppl and boko haram is that ur pastor hasn’t ordered you to carry arms yet

• Sandi

July 29, 2014 at 10:05 pm

GBAM!! GBAMMER!! GBAMMEST!!!

• Beautiful

July 30, 2014 at 1:09 am

At Benny you have said it all, People are so sick with church/pastor thing, and that was what full fledge adult to eating grass like animals just because that pastor asked to so do.

• Zomi

July 29, 2014 at 4:42 pm

LMAO @ may god judge u! lol. Christians, this is why the rest of the world laughs at u all. You preach one thing then do another. “God will judge her” for telling the truth. GTFOH with that BS!

• Zomi

July 29, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Oh and furthermore, ur hypocrisy knows no bound! “May god judge you” too for not respecting other nigerian “men of god”. Look at this one o! So because u chose one to respect, we should all shiver in fear and shake in our boots?? Backward minded somebody! And what are u doing reading sdk and lib if they are razz. Chop for bush, clean mouth for road. Hypocrisy written all over u.

• Fire and water

July 29, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Go and sit on a hot stove and padlock your rotten mouth. Don’t come to this blog ever again. The owners can publish what they please , get off your righteous horse and use your brain!!! That’s assuming you have one. Stories have been published on the only pastor you respect on this blog praising him on money he has given out. Mind you this money is earned from those who pay tithes and offering o. If you are ever seen on this blog again you will smell your rotten self. Olodo.

• Wonufatukasi

July 29, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Oo, if na so so easy to collect tithe and offering, go open your church and collect for the man surgery abi.

• Ola

July 29, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Thank you. Bella has never posted anything good about Olukoya nad he has paid for the treatment of tens of thousands. Why wont you educate the public not play on their emotions and intelligence.

9. @edDREAMZ

July 29, 2014 at 3:04 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Lord God, this pastors are not smiling…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

10. Ola O.

July 29, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Doesn’t he believe in ‘silver or gold I have none but what I have I give unto thee …… In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, receive healing in your sight’

11. NaijaPikin

July 29, 2014 at 3:20 pm

How pastors continue to promote false sense of hope is beyond me.

My pastor in yankee had cancer, it was spotted during his routine checkup. He came to church and talked to the congregation about the importance of medical checkups and praying in addition to receiving medical treatment. Afterall na God give the doctors wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

No our naija pastors will be handing out oil, handkerchief, and bullshit advice. Those who have ears and brain, let them hear and process.

• Zomi

July 29, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Nooo our naija “pastor” will bash medical practitioners all day and tell their members not to trust in medicine but should be drinking and rubbing oil to receive healing. Meanwhile they will be quick to fly their own family on a private jet to america for the best medical care! I know a mega pastor in naija who’s wife supposedly has cancer and is flown over to the US constantly on one of his PJs for treatment yet he is always preaching and telling his members to shun medicine and trust in anointed oil. Many have died or gotten worse because they have refused to follow up on their treatments or shunned it altogether because they’d rather trust in what their pastor said. Very wicked ish!

• Sandi

July 29, 2014 at 10:11 pm

hmmmm NaijaPikin,

Na so I get dey recurrent muscle spasms o, triggered by a crash I was involved in some years back. I had an episode at the office, I took my meds and felt better, but my Supervisor had a vision that day that it was a spiritual attack o. He offered me annointing oil instead, I respectfully declined and took my meds. Oga asked me to follow him to none other than MFM for prayers. I said thank you and declined.

Ignorance of Nigerians o. May God help us all.

12. Ona

July 29, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Nigerians and religion enh? The main pastors are using it to enrich themselves while using it to manipulate and avoid helping their members. Look at the other “pastor” telling the public to go and touch ebola secretions by faith! Are u kidding me?? Its said cos this nonsense has eaten wayyy toooooo deep into my people’s brains that no atom of common sense makes sense to them anymore.

• Stephanie-Feld

July 29, 2014 at 4:06 pm

All these pastors will be gallivanting around with their $50 million jet while their employees are suffering.

13. Idak

July 29, 2014 at 3:47 pm

We Christians make it easy for our critics. They may be hypocrites
    but the truth is that we still make it easy. However, it would have been fine for the sake of objectivit and balance if we got the view of the Go himself.
    The next thing, critics will be threatened with curses and told not to speak against the man of God else thier lineage will be impoverished for ever. I often wonder where this image of God emanates from? Certainly not the God revealed in Jesus Christ.
    BN, if the man is reachable he should go to a general hospital to see an ophthalmologist. I am sure the cost is no where near what he is quoting and like minded folks like myself will contribute a sizeable portion of the related cost needed to address his eyes before it is too late.

14. Babytohcute

July 29, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Eyaa for the pastor. But why make it a public thing? It’s like a woman publicizing her marital issues. What I understand from this is that he went to the G.O for money but was disappointed. Never put your trust in man, he should know better. Well, all the best to him.

15. Tessy

July 29, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Is there no teaching hospital or federal medical centre were d surgery can be done.rather than private hospi.90000k is too much.

16. Mis

July 29, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Wonder why this man is coming out to say this. If he has an axe to grind with the pastor, he should say so. Everyone knows that Fashola sponsors cataract eye surgery at Ikeja General Hospital. I am sure there is more to this story and BN should confirm things like this before publishing. I’m disappointed.

17. imk

July 29, 2014 at 4:44 pm

@aragon Can’t you just comment without tribalism….what has “Yoruba or
    “Igbo” got to do with this story now???

as for the mtn G.o I keep my comment

libersblog.blogspot.com

18. person

July 29, 2014 at 5:20 pm

its only God DAT heals even if he goes to seek for human help n its rendered God still has a final say.I guess my grandma did an eye operation n it was not up to DAT amount.nawa please don’t be in a haste to judge cos dis could also b a lie just to attract a reader trying to destroy d church.let God b d judge iboooo or Yoruba it doesn’t matter okay.except u don’t believe in God.most times we lack faith,check d story of Abraham n his son Isaac u will c wen d promise was made was not its arrival n wen it did come he was put to test to sacrifice his son.so y criticizing without hearing from both side we have our flaws and maybe try to own a company so we would c how quick d money will come.or even own a Church.remove d wood in your eye before removing d one in anoda persons eye

19. jimi hendricks

July 29, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Always hear the other side before passing judgement.All the man said is just an allegation.
    I doubt the he price quoted for cataract surgery and eye exam

20. Meggi

July 29, 2014 at 5:30 pm

God has given t̶̲̥̅̊ђe̶̲̥̅̊ doctors knowledge †̥ detect and diagnose diseases and provide remedies, so pls t̶̲̥̅̊ђe̶̲̥̅̊ church should do something Fø̲̣̣я̅ t̶̲̥̅̊ђe̶̲̥̅̊ pastor.

21. alex

July 29, 2014 at 5:52 pm

I really don’t have much to say Bella but I strongly beliv that pastor lacks faith..if the man of God gave him oil and prayer pionts to use definitely he knew dats all he needed..and Bella no be everything u see u go dey post ooo I know what I’m saying coz I’m a blogger too..(Alexlatest)

• Idak

July 29, 2014 at 9:47 pm

This lack of faith talk irks my soul. What of thr pastors who God used to perform verifiable miracles but themselves died from one medical ailment or the other? Did they also lack faith?

22. armywife

July 29, 2014 at 6:56 pm

I wish he could see my comment. ABUTH did a successful cataract surgery for my friend and I am very sure iy wasnt up to N450k. Maybe he can try them.

23. anonymous

July 29, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Ummmh
    I really dont know where to start but please listen
    I had cause to request to see Dr. OLUKOYA recently and i was shocked to discover how easy it was to meet him. I was asked to book an appointment and i was given a date to come because there are tons of people always waiting to see this one man only.
    Dear readers when i saw this man, i was in awe bcus his humility is just too glaring.
    I knew no one among his protocol. I gave no one any money but i saw this man of God.
    Now listen carefully to where i am really going
    Before i saw this man i waited for about 6HOURS and i got to meet several others and i realised how caring this man has been to many people who do not even come to his church. And so much so to his members and the youth to the extent that they nicknamed him ATM.He doesnt care which tribe u are. He will just attend to u. I learnt a lot of pastors are in the act of of cooking up anything to exploit the man. Some will even divert funds entrusted in their care And many that are no longer pastors in his ministry still go about parading themselves. If the said man is sinncere he will will surely get attention in MFM. This church is a big church and some senior pastors there can easily even help him with or without the G. O.
    Am really surprised that many people here are just passing comments as if they are absolutely certain of the truth of the story. Do u know this man even speaks little Igbo?
    I used to jump into conclusions like that but i have come to realise i am what i say and what i do.. U c God is real and i am convinced that Dr. OLUKOYA is a true servant of God… As for whoever is being so negative about this man, be careful, because u never know u may have a reason to seek God through this man one day. Never say Never.

• Naijatalk

July 29, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I second this! I had cause to see this man and although one can argue that these men of God are more accessible outside of Nigeria, I was taken by his humility. I was in the middle of a miscarriage while speaking to him and he told me not to worry about it that I would have my baby back. This was in December. By january I was pregnant again. I am not a member of MFM and I have not been there since that encounter. My intention is not to imply that it was that visit that prompted the conception, my point is that he is quite accessible and humble too and if this Pastor seeks an audience with him again explaining the situation, then financial help could be on the way. I wish you the very best Pastor

• Godlady

July 29, 2014 at 9:10 pm

God Bless you!!!

• Lindsey

July 30, 2014 at 2:52 am

Well said

24. bee

July 29, 2014 at 7:40 pm

God said dou shall not judge,the only thing am going to say to this matter is that.pastor olukoya is a good man and one pastor i respect so much.anyone trying to spoil hiis image or say something negative abt him,my God that i serve will fight on his behalf and purnish them ijn.

25. keep calm

July 29, 2014 at 7:42 pm

my problem with this story is that cataract surgery is not 900k. for the two eyes, he would be able to have the surgery for at most 400k thats even at a private ophthalmologist, in a teaching hospital, at the very most, 200k. #justsaying

26. Gods child

July 29, 2014 at 7:49 pm

The cost he’s quoting for the surgery and tests says it all….I know the GO personally and I can testify that he is not an insensitive person, yes I agree that it is difficult to see him because of the cumbersome amount of people that go to him him for financial help and prayers, besides you don’t even need to be sick for him to give you money, talk more of a pastor of his ministry that needs the money for a surgery. I think this man is up to something but only God knows best and I pray he is forgiven for what he is trying to do. Amen

27. Ibiyemi

July 29, 2014 at 7:54 pm

I have never commented on BN but this story caught my attention because : 1. My younger sis is a doctor 2. She did a project last year in Osun State. She partnered with Ife Teaching hospital to carry out free cataract surgery on people in Oreade LGA. 3. It’s a minor surgery done in 1 day. 4. The cost of this surgery is 20k per eye in teaching hospitals and not more than 50k per eye in private hospitals. In summary for this man to have claimed that the cost of the surgery is 900k as against 40k shows that he is a liar and we shoulnt believe anything he says. And thats the issue we have with lazy journalism. A call to a doctor will help BN confirm if this story is worth posting on their blog. This however does not negate the fact that employers are required to cater for the medical well being of their employees.

• Godlady

July 29, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Waa gbayi!!

• Speak Out

July 30, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I agree totally with you. BellaNaija obviously did nothing to verify this man’s claims which are obviously flawed. You have inadvertently promoted wrong information. I find this post highly unethical. of BN.

28. flora

July 29, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Ok, pastor, if u want to beg the public for money, no problem, but you can do that without mentioning the name of another man of God and whatever transpired between the both of you. what do you hope to achieve .

29. 90s

July 29, 2014 at 9:39 pm

@ak, tanx 4 callin me a mumu, its a free world 4 u to share ur view nd @alex tanx 4 dose words nd ur undastanding wit d word of God, G.O only gave wat e knws wil elp dats my bliv

• ak

July 30, 2014 at 3:34 pm

@90’s you are very welcome.

Personally i think there is more to the story…

But if i am running to a Man of God for help after praying and fasting on my own (and hopefully visiting many pastors for help) and my condition has not improved, My G.O should either heal me on the spot.. Like Peter did in Acts 3:6

or He should give me money to fix it.

I’m going to make my point clear:
      Every person that came to Jesus/his apostles were healed IMMEDIATELY…. Or within the hour**

For this pastor, it has obviously been more than an hour if he gave an interview to the SUN

30. Save Naija!

July 29, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Nigerians, God is tired of you people! You call on him too much, moreso than any other country in this world. So sick of the ignorance Nigerians display when it comes to religion. As if we are the only ones that God created. Everything, we call God, mosquito bite, we call God, craw, craw for yansh, we call God, pimples for face, we call God, you name it, we call God. God has given us the knowledge and wisdom to do most things, but No NOT Nigerians. We call God for everything! The most basic thing such as cleaning your environment, so as not to breed mosquitoes, which as we all know cause malaria, Nigerians would rather sit back, in a very dirty environment that breeds these mosquitoes. After they get bitten by the mosquitoes and then get malaria, they start shout for God to come save them! “Stupid as stupid does”. Hey before you criticize, I say look at other countries of the world where religion is not so prominent in their National life , yet they are doing great in most life indices! Common Nigerians use your freaking brains, it does not mean you are less of a christian or muslim than any other people!!! Religion is the opiate of the poor mind!

31. halyma

July 29, 2014 at 11:28 pm

So bellanaija readers have gone round all the hospitals in Lagos and known the cost of the surgery or everyone is trying so hard to validate his or her point? I have seen a surgery cost 1.2m in one hospital, another 300k, another 650k and yet another 200k.

Be it as it may, my advice to this pastor is to try and raise funds through the church branch he is pastoring, friends and loved one while also asking God for a miracle in terms of fund and healing because this his eye condition will only get worse with time

32. Anon

July 29, 2014 at 11:59 pm

I did an eye test for which I paid N130,000.
    That amount? I will hold my counsel until I hear from the GO or his rep. Pastor Olukoya is indeed humble and does a lot of goodwill for people so why not this one?

33. jinkelele

July 30, 2014 at 12:39 am

Just sensational story really,
    Cataract is cheaper in teaching hospitals probably less than 50k just may take awhile, no admission necessary.
    Private may vary from 300k-500k

I truly doubt that his case is that bad, cataract is not blindness, once the lens is taken out an IOL is put in so its not an emergency. He should just book in a general hospital or meet mtn foundation and other groups for when the next free eye surgery will be

34. NNENNE

July 30, 2014 at 12:51 am

@MO…I stopped reading this because of your comment. Whatever happened to constructive criticism?
    Honey, I am done!!

35. TuumTum

July 30, 2014 at 6:01 am

Am very sure dis pastor went into the ministry for money not for saving souls… Or maybe its Poverty/inability to speak English that is worrying him. @least try and use the anoiting oil b4 complaining. Mtcheew he has finally forced me to call him coporate begger pastor…

36. beebee

July 30, 2014 at 11:15 am

in my opinion some of these news are usually one sided. so people should be careful at being immediately judegemental.:
    this man may not actually be a pastor.
    he may have been helped before and he squanered the money.

in my opinion you dont even need to be a pastor to help som1 in need, i beliv all things being equal, olukoya would have helped him. there must be somthing amiss

37. Bills

July 30, 2014 at 11:21 am

My dad had a cataract surgery in February at the Orile-Agege general hospital, although getting an appointment for the operation was tedious, the ophthalmologist did a wonderful job and it didn’t cost us an arm and a leg. i’ll suggest BN gets in touch with this man so that he can get treatments without further delay. My dad’s eyes were terribly bad because he avoided the surgery for so long, doctors said it was a risk at that stage, he could go totally blind after the surgery but with faith in God and the doctor’s professionalism, those eyes are very fine now. Leave pastor matter, go and treat yourself!

38. keiskwerd

July 31, 2014 at 10:26 pm

toh….u see where ur faith has landed u? before u come out to beg for help, pls beg for forgiveness from all those gullible ones you allowed go blind by telling them their faith would heal them…..
    Because i’m nice, i’d tell you this free….ur time would come to give your G.O anointing oil…..cos guess what? cataracts is pretty common, u didnt have to be a witch to acquire it…stamping ur feet and shouting die by fire would not take it out….as you go older chances that you would get it are pretty high.
    Still cos I’m in my nice mood, maybe cos its the Ramadan holiday season..no I’m not a muslim….I’d tell you something else free of charge. Cataract surgery isn’t 900,000 in the hospitals you should be going to at your socioeconimic level. I dont blame you, you’ve been healing people for so long so have not had time to visit the mainstream sector to know the kind of hospitals available. there are government hospitals and then private hospitals. private hospitals have different grades. i wouldnt go into the grades because you belong to the government hosiptal group. Cataract surgery goes for as low as 15000! Yes, take that to the bank! You cant be this ignorant in 2014…..Because there is an ongoing strike, you may want to try a private hospital, again know ur class, a fair hospital would do it for 50k. Be sure of the expertise of the person doing the surgery else u wait out the strike.
    Cataract surgery is a minor surgery done under local anaesthesia. Most patients would go home the same day, few would sleep over.
    I’ve taken pains to write all the above so u can get off the net and save ur job in the strong belief that you did not do this as a scam to get cash from our ever gullible Nigerians that believe anything sprinkled with religion on it…cos i dont know any hospital that charges 900000 for cataract removal…some1 is scamming some1, either u or the doctor.

39. Timothy

November 13, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Now its clear why the GO will not. Fall for Your schemes by giving yu N900.000 for bilateral cataracts operation! Yu really need to ask God for forgiveness coz even if yu want to goto India ,Egypt or any other foreign country for the surgery yu wouldn’t need such ridiculous amount of money! And if yu are sinscere, any of your church members could foot the bill for you

40. obateru

January 10, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Its a pity the way we comment about men of God this days, may God have mercy on us all.Dr olukoya has paied hospital bill for thousands of people. To the extent of people calling him ATM machine. If you as a father or mother, u r child comes home to ask for schl fees which u kno should not be more dan 150k and d child is asking for 900k. What would u do. Am not sayind d pastor lied but I want u to know dat DKO knows how much it cost for such operation.

41. omofoye s

April 13, 2015 at 3:17 pm

is only God that can forgive that man that called himself a pastor even though GO gave u water and prayer point don’t u have believe and u call yourself a pastor I believed GO an do more than that cos someone that present motor to pastors during 25th yrs anniversary I believed this man is an opposition that want to spoil GO name may God forgive u