Style

Nigerian Transgender Iris Sahhara Henson Wins Super Sireyna Pageant in Philippines

BellaNaija.com

Iris Sahhara Henson - July 2014 - BN Beauty - BellaNaija.com 01
Nigerian transgender Iris Sahhara Henson who represented Nigeria at a transgender pageant – Super Sireyna in the Philippines, has emerged the winner.

She took to her Facebook to share the excitement;

“OMG! I WON! I am still not sure it is a reality! Maybe I’ll wakeup from this amazing dream in a minute! My arm is turning red from me constantly pinching myself to wakeup from this beautiful dream! I am overwhelmed with love! Philippines is truly my home away from home. Thank you to Vivienne Melanie Mesias for believing in me from the start, Vincent Christone for the amazing support and gorgeous dress designer. My team Patrick Starr Isorena for my National head dress/ the boys, Jonas Collantes for his constant care for all the contestants, Uncle Roderick for his kind guidance, the backstage team who made the show a reality, the fans and personal messages of love & support made me feel truly special. Finally, the Eat Bulaga show and production team for giving us the platform to exhibit our intelligence and creativity in positive way on the longest daytime national television show in the world! SHOCK IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT TO how I feel right now! I am buzzing! I’ll reply to your all lovely messages soon, as soon as I get my head together! Love you all! KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSES”

1. Amh

July 19, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Haa chibuke or chijoke. You are here again. Pls go away quietly. He looks like cossy sha. No one is intrested. Freak,

• Daverytimes

July 19, 2014 at 12:58 pm

So much hate and vitriol, people like you are why Nigeria remains backwards. The day people like you die off will mark a new beginning for Nigeria.

• Iris

July 19, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Where did you get chijoke from. .. dont start rumours.. he is from north central and went to bsu. His real name is Oche.

2. Amh

July 19, 2014 at 1:01 pm

It is you . Chijoke alias sahara that will die off. Stupid fowl. Get lost.

3. Aragon

July 19, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Congrats Nigeria!

4. Shost

July 19, 2014 at 2:03 pm

A massive congratulation to you Ms. Nigeria.

5. Truth

July 19, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Iranu!!

6. @edDREAMZ

July 19, 2014 at 2:32 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Congrat dude and this is one big achievement no doubt…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

7. Linsdey

July 19, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Has Jonathan congratulated her for making Nigeria proud ?

8. azeez oluwaseun

July 19, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Congrats Iris! Keep making Nigeria proud, even though they’re not worthy of your achievement and praise. Ȋ̝̊̅ love you!

9. NNENNE

July 19, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Making Nigeria proud???
    Am lost!!!
    Yes. Am lost!!

10. sharon

July 19, 2014 at 5:47 pm

@azeez she/he is making you proud .are you alrt or you are also lost inside,since you are worthy of the praise we dash you

11. BUKOLA

July 19, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Making Nigeria proud in what way? He is doing it for himself.

12. ciarra

July 19, 2014 at 5:58 pm

I am reading some comments and the way I see it, many people prefer trangender more than gay people. A man who wants to be a woman by force that’s insane,I am a white person trapped in a black woman’s body, I hate rap music, I want to be white, so should I start bleaching till I turn china-white, dye my hair blonde, wear blue eye lens, I will still be black, a self hating black woman, that’s what people would call me.

13. bruno

July 19, 2014 at 6:00 pm

No matter how much u cut and sew, u can never be a woman, cutting off ur penis doesn’t make u a woman, instead it makes u a man without a penis, change ur outward appearance all u want, ur insides are still all man, ur bones are man bones .

• Mr. J

July 19, 2014 at 10:33 pm

@bruno-Maybe u r just jealous of ms. Nigeria and i think u are a transgender that can’t come out that’s why u r hating other people..

• bruno

July 20, 2014 at 2:12 pm

I am a man, why would I want to be a woman, being a man is like winning the lottery, LOL. I hate people who alter them selves to look like something their not, a girls who is black who changes her self by bleaching has low self esteem, just like a boy who changes his sex to be a woman, has low self esteem and serious daddy issues, how long will ur liver last with all the hormones ur taking. Not long sweet heart. LOL

14. Mostest

July 19, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Doing Nigeria proud. Reminds me of when agbani won miss world. #sipstea

• Anonymous

July 19, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Lmaoo …how dare you put Agbani in the same sentence as this.

15. aveir nicolai espinosa

July 19, 2014 at 9:42 pm

so proud of you Ms, nigeria just keep on believing and follow your heart., life is not a fantasy but always remember dreams do come true.. just keep on dreaming we people believe in you!

16. Goya

July 20, 2014 at 12:28 am

Why do you guys hate someone who isn’t doing anything to you? guys, is she a threat to your sexuality? Are you struggling with your sexuality? females, do you think she will steal your man? You know some of your boyfriends & husbands are getting it on the low with these transgenders or gays. Be deceiving yourselves thinking that your man only likes your pum-pum. If Sahara doesn’t affect your happiness, relax and continue to pray for that disastrous umbrella nose president & the safety of Nigeria. They are killing your people like animals every day. Your lives have zero value in Nigeria. Your Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, yet una no get light, water, security, but u are worried about gays & transgenders living THEIR OWN lives. Bury your phucking heads in shame.

17. kijhasl

July 20, 2014 at 1:59 am

A Nigerian transgender completely grabbed the attention of the judges which consists of a marketing director from a top sporting brand, a consulate of the U.S. Embassy and a former Miss Universe. A Nigerian transgender who defeated 7 other countries and impressed the crowd with unparalleled intelligence. Now tell me if he’s not making Nigeria proud.

• bruno

July 20, 2014 at 2:08 pm

You are clearly mad, a man who’s in denial of his sex, he’s so ugly as a boy that’s why he’s hiding under all those fake wigs,eyes lashes and make up. Having boobs doesn’t make u woman, to be a woman,u must be born a girl first and grow into a woman. We shouldn’t be promoting this transgender –

18. nicky

July 20, 2014 at 3:35 pm

biko how did he change his colour frm blck to white? these transformations must ve side effects biko.. wish him well

19. Taiwo

July 20, 2014 at 3:55 pm

This is indeed the end times …. God have mercy !

20. Ona

July 20, 2014 at 4:18 pm

U pple are sha wicked for still addressing her as “him/he” lol. Damn u all!

Ms Sahara nne….congrats! Whatever makes u happy….thrive in it! Dont mind them.

21. cris villalon

July 20, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Congrats Ms. NIGeria!!you deserve the crown..we love you!! From Philippines ♡

22. cris villalon

July 20, 2014 at 5:10 pm

You really deserve the crown… 🙂 congrats!! You’re an inspiration to us.. we love you..
    From Philippines ♡♡♡

23. Anonymous

July 20, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Oh boy…

24. browncholate

July 20, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Story makes me speechless, comments make me speechless. Too hard to understand why a man would want to be a woman this bad or vice versa. I hear stuff like ” I feel trapped in a body that doesnt feel like mine”. The one question I’d like to ask a transgender if I ever met one would be “So are you happy now?”. Some serious psychological isshh going on with dem transpeeps! God help them and us!

25. Flames

July 20, 2014 at 10:07 pm

So much hate 4 1 pesin, no matter what let’s all rmbr dat dis pesin is a human being created by God. Jesus said we shouldn’t judge, wat we should do instead is try 2 mend our own ways n run d race 4 God’s kingdom. It is God who will judge if som1 is evil or not. Dat being said, congrats Iris 4 ur win

26. Flames

July 20, 2014 at 10:11 pm

So much hate 4 1 pesin, no matter what let’s all rmbr dat dis pesin is a human being created by God. Jesus said we shouldn’t judge, wat we should do instead is try 2 mend our own ways n run d race 4 God’s kingdom. It is God who will judge if som1 is evil or not. Dat being said, congrats Iris on ur win

27. janedoe

July 20, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Congrats Clifford!!!! Yeah, he’s Idoma and went to Benue State University. He has always been very creative!!!!

28. PurpleiciousBabe

July 20, 2014 at 11:10 pm

As a documentary addict, watched a documentary on this last year, this should be her 2nd time then lol, aside interesting documentary none the less.
    What I kept thinking, a straight man who fall for a supposed girl cos these ladies guys look so much like women.
    I feel sorry for our sons and unborn ones, it doesn’t get better 🙁

29. irene

July 21, 2014 at 6:04 am

for JESUS said if you are ashamed of me I too will be ashamed of you. iris or chijioke since you decided to tell GOD that his creation is imperfect GOD will also tell you and show you too that your life will be imperfect. idiot

30. elize

July 21, 2014 at 6:17 am

Congrats to ms. Nigeria! Just be true to your self. Those who hide just to be clean and neat in the outside is a mess within. Just be real and be a good follower of god. Congrats again. 😀 from Philippines.

31. kk

July 21, 2014 at 10:57 am

Big congratulations Iris!!!!! Happy for you. Making Nigeria proud 🙂

32. Peeka

July 21, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Congrats Ms. Nigeria. Don’t mind those idiots! they are just jealous of you because you prove to them that they are wrong and nothing but an asshole trying to pull you down! God bless you, you know what, God is on your side! just do the things that makes you happy!

From Philippines 🙂

33. happychick

July 22, 2014 at 5:32 pm

THIS IS UTTERLY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! someone pls tell me some sick individuals are actually not congratulating this lost mental case of a human being! some idiots be there saying we shuldnt judge abi? nonsense!!! please this dude needs to go for mental evaluation…he dey really craze for head! oloshi! oniranu jatijati
    ps bella better post this oh it might change a life

34. yin

July 27, 2014 at 5:07 pm

congrats saharra. Pls ignore these ignorant people. They will never understand the pains of a transgender. Goodluck..

35. Ogunsanmi Emman

July 28, 2014 at 1:31 am

Nigeria is still essentially a macho, male dominated society. Anybody doing anything contrary to the accepted norm of the society is considered an outcast. That is why a transgender like Ms Sahhara is being crucified. Transgenderism has become a phenomenon that has been accepted in the western word but culturally alien to Africa (Nigeria). I believe individual should be accepted for merit in whatever they have chosen to be because the world is changing and becoming freer of taboos. I congratulate Ms Sahhara for creating a class for herself as a super transgender model. She should adopt a country because her gender is not legally and culturally recognized in Nigeria.