News

Aisha Falode: A Letter To You, My Son’s Killer(s)

BellaNaija.com

Aisha Falode and her son Bella Naija
Six months after the passing of her son Toba Falode, veteran Nigerian broadcaster Aisha Falode pens a touching piece.

Read;
In years gone by, I read detective books and watched Crime series depicting how murderers sleep at night.

How they wake up in sweat with nightmarish images of the soul they had taken, and are so filled with dread and guilt of their crime that they spend their night dripping hot, sticky sweat of horror at what they had done.

How they stare at the night, wishing somehow it would never come, I mean, murderers live in such fear wishing they could turn the hands of the clock or go back in time and re-enact the whole scene of their evil deed, so as to reverse the killing of their innocent victim.

Such was my naivety because death was so far away from me. Then death came so close to me I can still feel its hot breath down my spine. Yet I see how helpless it has become for it cannot strike the same victim twice. Death is so uncanny, it takes a soul but it knows that the soul goes back to the Maker in peace, yet he is lucky because the person who wore its cloak, the person who struck the blow, the person who took breath which does not belong to him, becomes its victim.

I say this today, my son’s killer/s you have become the victim. Death has deceived you and is now sneering at you. You are in your own hell, a living hell, hades of which will be immersed in you for the rest of your life.

Toba Falode aka Tyler Fray would have been alive today, breathing, laughing, writing songs about life and oppression, songs about people like you, evil people who think they can oppress, suppress and kill just because they can, but he is not for he rests in the bosom of the Almighty his creator. You Killer had no right taking his life because you did not give it.

Killer have you ever gone back in history or do murderers have no time to read up what happens to those of their like who came before them? If you do you will know that the Avenger of Death is forever lurking behind you and one day, very soon and sooner than you can imagine, you will pay for your crime and your sins. The Bible which we uphold says vengeance is God’s and indeed the Quran as well says there is no hiding place for the wicked.

Killer, the sister’s heart you wrenched by taking her brother and confidant, the family you brought despair and misery on, the friends you left crippled with excruciating pain and I though drenched in sorrow by your inhumane callousness, know in my heart that the Avenger is upon you.

You have challenged the Almighty God by taking a life He created by breaking His commandment that thou shall not kill. Then like a wicked unrepentant soul, you walk the streets as if nothing happened? Believing in your ignorance that the one who created ears cannot hear and the one who created eyes cannot see. Surely your conscience is judging you, you sweat profusely in the cold of the night, and shiver in the heat of the day, you jump at the slightest sound and you keep looking over your shoulder, petrified even of your own shadow and dreading the inevitable and knowing in your heart that death has cunned you and the Avenger is so close you can feel the hair on your nape standing.

Perhaps one day, your nightmare will end and you will free yourself but not before the Avenger gets you, forcing you to speak, telling the world of how you killed my son on that sad night hunting you in Dubai. When you pushed my boy, a good son, and the hope of my future from a 17 Storey building. What a callous, heartless and cold-blooded killer!

How did you kill him, why did you kill him? Oh, lest I forget you, the witness, an accessory to murder. Only God knows what pushes you to soil your hands with innocent blood by remaining silent and protecting a killer from a most foul and heinous crime while the image of Tyler’s dead body haunts you at night, you said you wish you could have done more at the time of his death. Yes you can. Speak up and free yourself from the insanity creeping up on you and the long stretch of dark miserable years ahead, how did Tyler Fray die?

How did my son’s innocent blood splatter on your body? Did your bloody knuckle punch the life out of him, or did you smash him with a stone before throwing him over the balcony, or did you just push him to his death? Why did you say you would take the punishment for his death, why do people you call friends keep meeting such a fate around you, is it coincidence?

Do you know, that there were actually three people on that balcony on that night? The all seeing God, the omnipotent, the ever present…He was there and He witnessed that murder and He is calling you to account for Tyler’s Death. Killer!!!! Look! Feel!

Hear the sound of the footstep of the long arms of the law looming over you like the sun covers the earth ………….

The Avenger is upon you like the waves of the Ocean smashing against the rock there is no escape for God is a just God.

I know Toba is in heaven and that gives me peace.

What kind of peace can a killer give his mother?

You can sign the petition for Federal Government to re-open the case on Change.org – Click here
***
The piece was written by Aisha Falode for Sahara Reporters.

1. Joyful

August 15, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Aisha, may the God of all comfort, comfort you and your family. Our prayers are with you and yours! I just signed the petition; the culprit will surely face the wrath of God and the law!

2. @edDREAMZ

August 15, 2014 at 2:32 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    I really feel for this woman….. May his soul R.I.P……
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

3. abiodun

August 15, 2014 at 2:38 pm

my heart goes out to you dear aunty aisha & family. GOD ll fight for you

4. richbee

August 15, 2014 at 2:43 pm

God will comfort you in jesus name. Never pray for anyone to experience this kind of deep pain and loss.May you find strength in Jesus

5. cythina

August 15, 2014 at 2:44 pm

it is well Aisha. Vengeance is of the Lord. I lot my brother April 28th 2014, a car hit him in Lagos, when he was trying to cross the road….but I’ve prayed for the killers, who am I to judged

6. bee

August 15, 2014 at 2:46 pm

i feel her loss…someday the whole truth shall come to light and justice will be served. Then you will get the closure u deserve.

7. Eugenia

August 15, 2014 at 2:54 pm

God will comfort u and ur family in JESUS Name.

8. Lolade

August 15, 2014 at 2:56 pm

May The Lord grant you peace, comfort and calmness. May the Good Lord grant you fortitude to bear your loss in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen. God bless you and it is well with you and your household. Xx

9. Gladys

August 15, 2014 at 3:00 pm

The stars shine for Toba in Heaven for death has been swallowed up! God comfort u and your family, Amen

10. bellemoizelle

August 15, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Amen………………………….This is sad…………………. God’s peace la vie est belle

11. Bade

August 15, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Mrs Falode, take solace in Th alpha and the omega, beginning an the end. The one who speaks things into existence, the one who parted the red sea. The ultimate judge will judge the killers of your son.

12. monaresa

August 15, 2014 at 3:12 pm

this is indeed a word of truth pouring from a bleeding heart. May God grant you peace from within and may the soul of your son find eternity in Christ Jesus. nothing is hidden under the sun, All will be revealed and louder for the bible says that man makes an atrocity in secret but the Lord himself reveals all in public. it is well with you.

13. Xristybabes

August 15, 2014 at 3:13 pm

So sorry for this great loss Aunty Aisha….may the good lord continue to give you the strength to bear this.it is well with you

14. SunanaAmina

August 15, 2014 at 3:34 pm

May God comFort your heart Aisha. Sannu.

15. sexy diva

August 15, 2014 at 3:38 pm

May the lord grant you the fortitude to bear the lost,as for the killer for the rest of his or her days on earth he or she shall knw no peace.

16. 4tunechuks

August 15, 2014 at 3:41 pm

take heart madam……………..

17. Lanre

August 15, 2014 at 3:42 pm

May God be with you and give you the heart to bear this loss. I know you will never forget, but in due time, you will find peace from God. God loves you and I am glad Toba is in heaven watching over you and his sister. This is so sad.

18. henrietta

August 15, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Take heart ma and be strong. May his soul continue to rest in peace!!!

19. sandra

August 15, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Na Wa for some of these wicked Arabs sef! How can you push another human being off a tall building like that? Knowing them for who they are they will like to cover it up and say the boy committed suicide and keep on dragging the case. If it was an oyinbo boy they would have served justice speedily and passed judgement swiftly. I know there is one whose judgement is greater than the one passed at the human court and His name is GOD. He will comfort this grieving mother and remove His peace from the lives of the killers and his accomplice

20. T''Osh

August 15, 2014 at 5:16 pm

God will console you and fight for you.

21. Nach

August 15, 2014 at 5:43 pm

It is well dear. I just signed the petition and also shared it. Just will defiantly run its full course

22. Omy

August 15, 2014 at 6:16 pm

May God comfort you now and always….Blood speaks….
    The blood of Abel did.
    The blood of Jesus did and still does…
    Your son’s blood will speak,…and God will hear and arise on your behalf.

23. Jennifer

August 15, 2014 at 6:34 pm

I pray for healing and comfort for this courageous mother. I admire and love her. Toba is resting in better place. No one will ever hurt him again. As for his evil killers, may they know no peace.

24. bunmi

August 15, 2014 at 6:51 pm

There is no doubt that the loss of Miss (or Mrs!) Falode’s son is a painful one. I pray for comfort for those who are genuinely hurt by the death. But I think Ms Falode’s hurt would be better justified if she could make known the father of the boy. Not disclosing who the father is could mean that something is not right with the woman’s past which might have been part of the cause of the death of the boy. Let us think deeply more about this incident.

• Tracy

September 1, 2014 at 8:47 pm

I find your comment most annoying and insensitive. What has the father of the boy got to do with this? When did it become a crime for a woman to demand for justice for her own son? For your information, the father chief Gabriel Falode(former Md of Nitel) is late and he died more than 10 years ago. Before his death, he and the boy’s mother had parted ways and bore two kids together. Nevertheless they remained friends and he was supportive of his kids until his death. I think some comments are just not worth it considering that the woman is pained at her loss. Please u need to withdraw the statement and grow up in your reasoning!

25. Preston

August 15, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Every word seemed like it was written with blood. The murderer must be found, any forensic report, cctv footage ?
    She needs a closure.

• Deedara

August 15, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Unfortunately the local police are colluding to cover up all the evidence because the main suspect is from a wealthy family. Sad! RIP Toba.

26. Wumsbaby

August 15, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Feel for this woman…….her only Son. May God comfort you and may his killer(s) know no peace.

27. Jackie Onassis

August 15, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Sister: May God hear you and may he give you the strength to overcome all this pain! I know you will never forget your son.. As he was your blood …

28. Bird's Eye

August 16, 2014 at 12:56 am

Kai, I feel this woman’s pain. There’s pain in every letter of every word. I pray that our Lord grants her peace and numbens her pain.

I’m so sorry for your loss ma.

29. I pajamas lee

August 16, 2014 at 3:58 am

God will definitely fight for you

30. Anonymos

August 16, 2014 at 10:34 am

Toba tears flow down my face as i writ this. I still cant believe youve left us. But GOD will Fight for you. I miss you more thank words can ever describe.. I think about you and i pray for you. The one person that pushed you will face his wrath. GOD will fight this battle for all of us who felt your loss, he will bring your killers out as the Bible says ‘Thou shall not kill.. I will never forget in school how your mother loved you soo much you were always mummys boy. I just cant even Imagine or put into words how shes doing But i pray the almighty God protects her and gives her strength. and to your beautiful sister Oh how was she always protective of you. God be with your Family and also with You Toba. We Miss you dearly!

31. papermoon

August 16, 2014 at 4:13 pm

i pray dat God heals ur heart. I pray dat God gives u strength to rise above despair and bitterness. fe killers hav taken away ur son, dey must not take away ur JOY.