News

“We are not liable”: Liberian Health Minister on Use of Experimental Ebola Drug

BellaNaija.com

gwenigale

Earlier today, BN brought you news that the Liberian government would be receiving sample doses of ZMapp, an experimental Ebola drug,  to help combat the Ebola.

According to BBC Africa, Liberia’s Health Minister,Walter T. Gwenigale stated the following conditions for using the drug:

Ebola Waiver

Photo Credit: www.frontpageafricaonline.com/Twitter

1. me2me

August 12, 2014 at 7:53 pm

O he is in order. But they should be sure its the same given to the Americans. Before they turn us to Zombies

• Libgirl

August 12, 2014 at 9:28 pm

My thought exactly.

2. Elle

August 12, 2014 at 9:53 pm

gbam! me dont trust america o

3. pastor Godwin

August 12, 2014 at 10:51 pm

how are we sure that what you people are saying now is true. Come to look at what one of the liberian person was saying, he said the liberian are not repondsible for what every any one is saying about them. That ebola is not from that. Please will need to know where this is coming from please. And not only that you people need to send the surplement agrand the world.

4. Rita

August 12, 2014 at 11:51 pm

To me dis ebola was invaded by white scientist den pass it to africa d black monkeys as dey say so dey can mk money n name out of it. Na only God go save us

5. sas

August 12, 2014 at 11:54 pm

they can still sue based on the condition they’re in when they sign the waiver. useless Liberian government. This same health minister had his birthday party over the weekend and the useless president was also in attendance. I hope they sue the Liberian useless government.

• Teris

August 13, 2014 at 10:50 am

?!
      haba! wetin now? cool down and then make constructive criticism.

6. mujer

August 13, 2014 at 1:11 am

This shows forethought and complete comprehension of the issues associated with human experimentation, which is what this is. So yes, given the alternative of absolute death, a patient or whomever has the legal authority to speak on their behalf when their mental faculty is in question has to waive their rights to sue and acknowledge that the side effects of the medication are unknown and that they plan to assume 100% of all unintended consequences of taking the experimental drug. Its fair. Otherwise, dont take it and fight ebola off naturally if you can.

7. Rita, if I start with u & ur dumb as – comment, I won’t stop.. Ill just let it go as Elsa taught me.

8. Wifey

August 13, 2014 at 2:34 am

I don’t think they can sue. This drug is expermental. Usually drugs have to be tested for years before deemed safe. But due to the emergency is being release no.

Sigh. this is terribe. I think this “virus” was created in the west and sent to Africa. Now the same people that created the disease have a treatment. *sarcasm*. Someone is going to make billions, maybe even trillions off of killing/vacinating Africans..

This is my personal opinon. I don’t apologize for it.

9. Tony

August 13, 2014 at 6:02 am

Must we always insult these people? Few days ago the insults was because America had not provided the experimental drug to Africa. They were called wicked, manipulative, killers to name a few. Now the drug has been provided, big mouths still suspect it could be fake. What have Liberian or Nigerian doctors come up with? Do people think of the time spent by scientist in the US to come up with these?

We Africans are so ungrateful sometimes. So this man should not celebrate birthday again?
    @SAS, because there is Ebola, you no longer eat abi??

Armchair critics.