News

Ibrahim Babangida Reportedly Hospitalized in Germany

BellaNaija.com

babangida

Former head of state, Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida (IBB) has reportedly been hospitalized in Germany.

He was rushed to Germany from his residence in Minna, Niger State ten days ago, according to Sahara Reporters.

Sources allegedly say that Babangida is “severely ill,” and that his condition is as a result of a “chronic back ailment” which  he had previously had surgery for in Germany.

1. Fleur

September 22, 2014 at 2:07 am

hmmm. Only in naija will chronic back ailment will yield the description “seriously sick” I am betting on kidneys. they are in the back and merit a flight out.

2. bruno

September 22, 2014 at 2:44 am

Sign of end times, hahahahahahahaha.

3. slice

September 22, 2014 at 3:44 am

i sure don’t wish him well

4. Pat

September 22, 2014 at 4:04 am

Oh Babaginda, don’t know if I should pray for him, feel sorry for him or just continue chewing my chewing stick. What happened to the millions this man embezzled during his regime and after? Why does he have to be rushed to germany if he and government official invested in quality health care. Its pathetic how this leaders steal. They steal money that could last their generations a lifetime. Unbelievable! Nigeria should be far more developed than what it is today.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

September 22, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Admit it, you really wanted to pray for whatever private jet that flew him out to suddenly develop engine failure (or a volcano to erupt & create an ash cloud which stops all planes from taking off) so that he’s forced to make use of the finest healthcare which Minna has to offer, abi? If you won’t admit it, I will… Poetic justice would be seeing these criminals-on-the-loose suffering from the failed systems they’ve helped to create.

I know the Bible says to pray for our enemies but I’m seriously still working out my grace in that particular area….

• ak

September 22, 2014 at 1:25 pm

SPOT ON @MzSociallyAwkward.

My first thought was “AT LAST, THIS MAN DON DIE”

Then i read the rest of the news and I must admit i got sad. lol

• Carliforniabawler

September 22, 2014 at 1:56 pm

My Sister, grace for kini now?? Even Christ was mad at the Jewish leaders at the time, and as you no holy pass our Saviour, abeg, vex away!!
      Again I say, Prov 11:10 – “…..when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy…”
      My Yoruba people will say “akutuku e lona orun”…..meaning…”may he die multiple deaths on his way to the grave”…a tad harsh when translated though, hehehe.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

September 22, 2014 at 2:01 pm

@ak, abeg make e no quick to die, oh. Na national debtor wey never pay us the money e dey owe tay-tay… If na only for that reason, I fit relent, begin fire prayers for his speedy recovery…

• Pat

September 22, 2014 at 3:43 pm

@Mz Socially Awkward abeg o no kill me with laugh ooo. You are too much 🙂

• AVID BLOG READER

September 22, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I am so happy I was not the only one dancing azonto on the inside when I saw the headline. God forgive me o.

• amaaa

September 23, 2014 at 11:17 am

MSA don’t fill guity . I remember growing up and there this song Ron Kenoly sang “When the righteous prospers the city rejoices when the Wicked Perish let out a shout of joy”. That is what I will be doing now Letting out a shout of joy for the Evil Genius called Baba if you put am Gida na you sabi!!!!!!

5. Ijebu Boy

September 22, 2014 at 7:12 am

Hopefully be doesn’t make it. Yes i said it.

6. CHY

September 22, 2014 at 7:18 am

HMM.

7. Busarni

September 22, 2014 at 7:28 am

Why Germany na? He Was the head of state for years and he couldn’t fix the health sector. Hope his past is not haunting him. Rubbish leaders.

8. Ada

September 22, 2014 at 7:41 am

Awwww Kpele o. U live in Minna and fly to Germany for medical attention. God is watching you

9. Fols

September 22, 2014 at 8:15 am

Wishing you had used your time in power to establish a good healthcare system so that you can be treated in your own country, like most other world leaders. For the sake of your family, get well soon sir. Hopefully one less person to meddle with the outcome of our elections next year!

10. Carlifoniabawler

September 22, 2014 at 8:37 am

lol….Get well soon??….NOT!!
    Prov 11:10

11. Omoté

September 22, 2014 at 9:13 am

They’ve destroyed Nigeria 4 us n dey run out of d country anytime any of them gets a health scare. What happens to the rest of us who can’t afford to jet off to Germany??? I have no pity for him n his likes.

12. baby

September 22, 2014 at 9:38 am

thou shall not c ontest 2015 election take it as a sign from God., reconcile with your creator,i wish u speedy healing.

13. Anon

September 22, 2014 at 9:51 am

Excessive bending over! *evil grin*

• Carliforniabawler

September 22, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Chaii!! You are a harsh somebody, but itz not my concerns…..
      I have never found a more apt situation to invoke Kermit the Frog and his hot cup of Lipton tea…lol..

14. Nerybanty

September 22, 2014 at 9:54 am

Back pain na sign of end time, I fear your judgement.

15. AAA Events & Design

September 22, 2014 at 10:06 am

high time the leaders invest in our health system, and invest in our doctors here. We can achieve 100% healthcare system if our Leaders will just remember that one day they will die.
    Imagine how many lives would have been saved, if you could just dial 911 and an ambulance showed up on your untarred street within 5mins just to give your dad or mum or relative or the woman who sells akara immediate medic care, without been rich. God help us all. Wish him quick recovery.

16. Stella Odoni

September 22, 2014 at 11:40 am

Quick recovery

• Carliforniabawler

September 22, 2014 at 1:46 pm

or slow {painful} death??

17. leeleo

September 22, 2014 at 12:03 pm

In late FELA voice…One day of cause you must die

18. prince

September 22, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Mr Ibrahim sorry for ur back O, but why germany all your medical issues! Is there where u hide all ur goodies!!,let guys kno wuts up,u’kno wut i mean baba.!!!

19. dotty

September 22, 2014 at 12:43 pm

dia ris God

20. Deel

September 22, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Let them all take heed…nobody lives forever!

21. peyton

September 22, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I kinda suspected this he hasnt been looking well lately no it is not because he is aging.any way i wish him a speedy recovery in JESUS name amen. @ mz socially awkward not to worry his grace is sufficient for you, as an aside it is extremely diff to pray for ”bad people” but then again all of us are undeserving of grace, and Love but yet GOD loves us inspite of all our messups and excesses.

22. fbi

September 22, 2014 at 6:13 pm

If @avid blog reader is dancing azonto on d inside I see no reason why I shouldn’t dance skelewu on d outside…

23. PD Young Billionaire

September 22, 2014 at 9:01 pm

IBB and co inaugurated corruption in Nig.We’ll remember you for that sir.Unsafe recovery!

24. Og

September 22, 2014 at 9:32 pm

@PD u are Absolutely right corruption significantly began after IBB. He destroyed the improvements previous presidents had started working on.

25. mico

September 22, 2014 at 10:02 pm

If view from the human angle, I don’t think there is anyone who actually known the history of IBB in this country that will want him to return alive… There are many more to go

26. kjaz

January 29, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Dis idiots don’t fear God dey always tink dey own dere life. I want God to kill all d evil genius in our govt offices