News

What Would You Do? RHOA Star Phaedra Parks reportedly “abandons” husband Apollo Nida as he begins 8-Year Jail Term

BellaNaija.com

Kandi-Burruss-Todd-Tucker-Wedding-Photos-Phaedra-and-Apollo BellaNaija
All you Real Housewives of Atlanta fans know the story by now…but we will summarise for those who do not.

The Marriage
Lawyer Phaedra Parks married Apollo Nida in 2009.

He was an Ex-Con
Prior to their wedding, Apollo had served a 6 year jail term in a state prison for auto loan fraud. If you watch the show, you would know that when questioned by friends on why she married an ex-con, Phaedra defended her husband by saying he was a changed man and he only committed white collar crimes.

Back to the Criminal Life
Fast forward to January 2014, despite his reality TV fame, wife and 2 children, Apollo fell into a life of crime once again. He was charged with bank fraud and identity theft. According to a written affidavit viewed by Radar Online, “Nida created fake companies, enabling him to access databases to find individuals to rip off. He opened fake bank accounts under those real names and funneled stolen U.S. Treasury checks and auto loan proceeds into those accounts. He also allegedly opened a fake auto dealership and applied for auto loans in the names of stolen identities.

Off to Jail
Now he has been sentenced to 8 years in jail and began his stint in jail just a few hours ago.

She “abandoned” Him
Even since his sentencing, Apollo has been “bitter” about his wife not supporting him. According to reports, Phaedra and the children will not be visiting him in jail and the marriage is effectively over for now.

In a recent interview with Atlanta’s B100 radio station, when asked if his marriage would last through his time in prison, Apollo said, “I doubt it. I mean, my wife didn’t even f—king show up for my sentencing. I’m still salty about that.” Just yesterday, he reported to jail late because he reportedly visited their home and had a shouting match with his estranged wife.

On her own part, Phaedra had this to say to US Weekly via her rep, “Phaedra is now putting all of her energy into ensuring the well-being of her two children and making decisions that are in their best interests. This situation has put a tremendous strain on Phaedra and her family, and she is working hard to bring back a sense of normalcy to everyone’s lives.

****

So BellaNaijarians, let us talk about it! What would you do in Phaedra’s shoes? His actions and bad choices almost destroyed her career as a lawyer and has now torn their home apart. That said, marriage is supposed to be for better or worse..right?

1. Samira Mustapha

September 11, 2014 at 4:47 pm

It will be ‘sayonara, fool’ for me, too. Can’t wait for any man in jail….by the way, he is fine so he will be Brutus’ ‘wifey’ in jail. She has her priorities right, protecting her kids and making their life as normal as possible. But she is no angel too….she must have known what was going on but being a lawyer, she protected herself by not signing anything and not having her name on ANYTHING! He was an exconvict when they married, with no discernible income, that was why she insisted on a 40 page iron clad prenup, yet 18 months later, he made $2.3 million and being a lawyer, she did not ask any questions? Nah, she knew….

• ak

September 11, 2014 at 6:00 pm

NOW That is what the Bible calls a WISE WOMAN.

Phaedra’s eggs were getting old. She needed a man. lol.

She saw a fine man, gave it a chance, but made sure she was protected by her prenup if he ever tried nonsense.

I love Phaedra.

• iyke

September 11, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I guess, marrying him for the purpose of having kids right? Hmmmmm, interesting! Didn’t look at it from that perspective. Fair play to her if that was the case. Smart and realistic move.

• Nahum

September 12, 2014 at 9:47 am

Men I respect Phaedra to death. She knew what she wanted from the get go. She wanted children born in holy matrimony from the same father and that is why she chose an ex convict and still protected herself with a prenup. I wish Naija women could be more emotionally detached like this. I heart this chick DIE!!!!!

• BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

September 12, 2014 at 12:55 am

GBAM!

• i no send

September 12, 2014 at 10:23 am

toh..i agree

2. Iyke

September 11, 2014 at 4:51 pm

None of my biz….Her decision, her choice!
    However, the blame is on him but the joke is on her!
    In my opinion, it’s about about character, not just calisthenics. She knew he was a fraudster yet married him.l. hope she finds happiness in whatever her decision is. Just hope the kids don’t end up damaged.

• Joan Rivers

September 11, 2014 at 6:46 pm

EErrmm excuse you Iyke, you just said none of your biz yet you say the jokeis on her, Howzat?. She married a fraudster whom she feltis a changed man yet tightened up her end just in case. There’s nothing wrong with giving second chances to people and how we eventually know they’re living for that second chance is when they give it all they’ve got, obviously her hubby didn’t that’s why she did WHAT!! Left his sad stupid life to rot some more in jail.

3. abby

September 11, 2014 at 4:52 pm

how stupid can one be by putting selfish desires over family, he didnt only bring sadness on his family but those he ripped off too, if i were the wife , i will leave him and concentrate on my children

4. Mbang

September 11, 2014 at 4:59 pm

If only the media were just as interested in men who abandon their imprisoned wives.

5. Lorna

September 11, 2014 at 5:06 pm

[email protected] Mbang…(tongue out)
    I think it’s cos women are more on the receiving end. i feel you though.

6. @edDREAMZ

September 11, 2014 at 5:39 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    That dude really fu**ed up…. The babe did great no doubt…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

7. jason Ibrahim

September 11, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Ya right you women,haven’t had enough off men already?…with your element of dragging dudes down.. she married an ex-con for whatever reason I won’t be surprised if she was in on this and this dude took the fall for her and her career

8. Rs

September 11, 2014 at 5:48 pm

FIX IT JESUS!!

• Pat

September 11, 2014 at 8:51 pm

@rs lol. Phaedra was funny.at that reunion

• oreos

September 11, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Girl! I liked your comment like 20 times….I remember….Fix It Jesus! Fix It

9. AVID BLOG READER

September 11, 2014 at 5:52 pm

What do you expect from a tale of 2 cons? They are both phony as hell!

10. BlueEyed

September 11, 2014 at 5:58 pm

I bet Kenya is somewhere laughing her fake ass off, enjoying her fake African oil tycoon’s money. I don’t blame Phaedra tho

11. www.usaveone.blogspot.com

September 11, 2014 at 6:06 pm

This is UN-debatable, I will sincerely abandon the *maga if such happens to me.

• Fashionista

September 11, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Loool @ sincerely! Omo, it’s a tough one.

12. blackberry

September 11, 2014 at 7:02 pm

if it were the wife going to jail now, everyone will they will encourage him to leave her and justify it by saying a man has got needs that definitely need to be met and cant wait for 8 years alone without any woman.

the world is really a mans world.

13. Naveah

September 11, 2014 at 7:53 pm

You do anything to put my life, my children’s life and my livelihood in jeopardy, I will drop you like a hot potato quick quick sharp sharp. You open you eyes, know sey wetin you dey do na someting wey go put you inside jail, you expect that I will be hanging out waiting for you for 8years, drag my children on a long car rides to the big house AND put them through the experience of a jail house visit one of which is to make you squat and cough in case you put something up your twat? I THINK NOT!

The statement he made about being salty that his wife is not waiting 8 years for him shows his lack of maturity and level of self absorption. He should have been thinking about that possibility when he was trying to make a quick buck off of people who work hard to keep their credit clean. He wasn’t thinking of his sons or his wife, he was thinking about himself and now he’s got his fingers caught in the cookie jar, he wants to cry foul. Abeg, this maga should just go and serve his time, find some ghetto chick for whom memorizing jail routine is a habit. All that smarts, he can’t use it to make an honest salary, he knows how to use it to steal from people.

• Bella

September 12, 2014 at 8:40 am

You are one correct babes! I love your comment and frankly I feel the same way, he needs to take his foolery elsewhere cause clearly Phaedra ain’t got time for that! She did good by protecting her self and her assets and giving this mugu a second chance, but what did he do, show himself again, he is clearly a habitual criminial and likes being inside with that pretty boy face for whatever reason. From that moment he made that decision, fool, your ragged ass is out of my life. Bye!! Whhether she knew or didn’t know, to be honest that none of her darn business cause she one correct babe and ensured her ends was covered whilst clearly enjoying the money! I wish more women would wake the hell up and protect number 1 first before 2. This dude got everything he deserved and Phaedra knew he’d slip. Once a thief, always a thief.

14. Joe

September 11, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Ther’s a saying that “wha goes around comes around” he’s been caught, so let him just face d music & stop crying over split milk!

15. nene

September 11, 2014 at 10:12 pm

before??? she made a mistake marrying that man. he is own his own. high five to phaedra jare!

16. khaleesi

September 11, 2014 at 10:27 pm

she’s wicked. she knew what he was up to the entire time, enjoyed the money, and now wants to form anger/dissapointed. idiot!

17. saviour udoh friday

September 12, 2014 at 12:51 am

i think it is pay back time for him. I am sure he made people cry. Now is his turn….. Jungement time. God blessed him…..and also for give him.

18. Amh

September 12, 2014 at 3:51 am

Apollo, the disrespectful fowl. Serves him right. He gladly blew 5k on strippers. .was arrogant and very proud to say it. He has no respect for his wife. Went all ahead with the poke marked face 2 timing hieffer called kenya moore . Rubbish , shes better off without him.

19. Nenny

September 12, 2014 at 4:00 am

@Naveah, you said it all. Loved your post 30x over.

20. AT L'S Finest

September 12, 2014 at 4:25 am

Lmao! What were you guys expecting? By the way, I knew it was going to be like that. You don’t expect her to wait especially when she’s got her name to protect.

21. Iris

September 12, 2014 at 4:46 am

I think she knew from the beginning. That just makes her a b****h. If she didn’t know, then I guess issorai.

22. house of MP

September 12, 2014 at 7:06 am

I will wait on him…

• Bella

September 12, 2014 at 8:42 am

you aint right! LMFAO

23. Mrs oluwole

September 12, 2014 at 10:29 am

The “southern belle” abi what does she call herself, that married an ex con! Suspicious if you ask me, but she is a smart Alec who needed kids and choose a handsome man to do it with. Can’t wait to see Nene’s face though!

24. sum1special

September 12, 2014 at 10:51 am

But she knew he was a criminal before marrying him….she probably thought he had changed…she made the right decision to leave him. He is very irresponsible ,should have thought of his wife and kids before defrauding people.

25. Cherelle

September 12, 2014 at 11:19 am

Sure babe.. I would act the same way if i were in her shoes…He was given enof consideration and also given a second chance to turn over a new leaf by having been married to Phaedra! She dropped HIM like its HOT! ouch!!

26. Cherelle

September 12, 2014 at 11:23 am

8years is many fruitful years ahead for her to be playing good ‘Wife” (for better for worse). while he is in jail when it is not even sure of what other crime (s) he would involve himself in, and who knows, it might be life sentence by then! Babe WALK jare, you have your two lovely kids to live for!

27. Ayo

September 12, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Phaedra knew about Apollo’s shady deals all along!!!

28. Nystyle

September 15, 2014 at 3:14 am

As long as she tasted of that money and treats him like this,..mark this..she shall go down someway soon.