Relationships

Ara: “I Cooked Everyday even as the Breadwinner in my last Marriage”, now Open to Dating Younger Guys

Ara - August 2014 - BN Relationships - BellaNaija.com 02 (2)39 year old drummer Ara‘s 2 year marriage ended in 2013, and after discussing her regrets this August, now she is opening up to Punch about being a mumu (fool) for love, and her newfound openness to dating younger men.

The Type of Wife She Was

“I am the most submissive wife. I am ‘mumu’ (fool) for love. You can ask my ex, he can tell you. There was never a day I didn’t ask him what I should cook even though I was the breadwinner. I would always ask him what he wanted. And whatever he said, if we didn’t have it, I would jump on an okada and enter the market to go and buy the stuff. I am a hopeless lover.”

Dating Younger Men

“When I meet the right person and fall in love, I will consider marriage. I really want to fall in love again. I don’t believe in marriage just for its sake. If a younger guy comes up to me, I don’t mind dating the person. I don’t mind marrying somebody who I am older than. I have spoken to a couple of people and they don’t see anything wrong with it. If the person has a mature mind and is committed, then it is not a big deal.”

Ara - August 2014 - BN Relationships - BellaNaija.com 02 (1)

On the Status of her & her Ex’s Relationship

“We have a child together. My boy is six years already. He has remarried. I am not envious that he got married again. God forbid! When he calls me, I always ask him if his wife isn’t around. I would also ask him if his wife knows that I am not interested in him. I don’t know her and I don’t know her name. I wouldn’t want her to feel I want to take her husband again. So I tell him I hope the wife knows that I am not interested and that his calling me is just to find out about his son. I wouldn’t want to make any woman unhappy.”

Source: Punch

1. bruno

October 25, 2014 at 11:09 am

you are going to hell. malachi 2:16 for I hate divorce says the lord god of isreal. #sarcastic

• AW

October 25, 2014 at 12:18 pm

I really worry for you, are you okay? I have not asked to be sarcastic or condescending, I am asking because I am really concerned about your emotional and mental stability. Most of your comments sound like a cry for help to me. So I ask again, are you ok?

• bruno

October 25, 2014 at 1:28 pm

@aw, you got me. you have figured me out. all my comments are a cry for help. pls help me, what should I do? I should go to tb joshua and oyedepo and give them all my salary so they can pray for me abi. monkey like you

• Ona

October 25, 2014 at 3:42 pm

LMAO! I freaking love this bruno guy yo! #butwhathesaidistruenah #thelordsaidso #rightthereinyourpreciousbible #Artthouindenial?

• Lois

October 25, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Is this the only way of dealing with your depression? Please get a life!

• memebaby

October 26, 2014 at 6:59 am

oga bruno… aren’t you gay ? so will you be joining her in hell or nah ?

2. Jaybee

October 25, 2014 at 11:10 am

This is what happen to career ladies and it is funny u know? There must be something bad about u..mist men doesn’t depend on food..look at your ways of life ana amend before falling in love again..goodluck.

3. Chukwuma

October 25, 2014 at 11:17 am

It isnt worth the publicity, being mumu for love? With your explanations there, it wasnt love but a kind of “pity” relationship.

Cook for your husband is mumu? Ask him what he will take is mumu too, na wa o.
    Just move on with your life, you are still young.

• slice

October 25, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Why now? Its obvious isn’t just cooking that was the problem. Its the fact that the guy wasn’t contributing in anyway. If u don’t ve a job, at least cook, at least clean, at least take the kids to school. Do sthg

4. deb

October 25, 2014 at 11:28 am

Even if you are a breadwinner as a woman, there is no special thing cooking for your husband except if he doesn’t worth it.

• Idomagirl

October 26, 2014 at 2:31 am

‘He doesn’t worth it’?

• Hian

October 26, 2014 at 5:18 am

Oyine, mind yourself o. I can’t be howling this late night.

• ada nnewi

October 27, 2014 at 5:40 pm

That phrase kills me…lmao!

• Mabel

October 27, 2014 at 10:25 am

If he ain’t working he better have a hot meal for me when I get home. He better have done the laundry, clean up the place, run my bath when I walk through those doors, oil me down afterward, and rub the ache out of my feet and back. You ain’t sitting at home watching football all day while I go bust my butt on the plantation and then you expect me to come home to cook and clean, and give you my body for your pleasure..nah bwoy it ain’t happening.

Anywho, sounds like she fattened the fowl for the snake, cause the marriage ended in 2013 and the ex is already remarried. Girl got played and doesn’t even know it.

5. efe

October 25, 2014 at 11:35 am

@Bruno. you quoted a scripture from the bible.it will get better.praise God.

6. ellen

October 25, 2014 at 11:37 am

We all don’t know the story behind her divorce…you don’t expect her to feed d tabloids with everything…no-one has the right to judge her…..most men take advantage of submissive women and its really not something you want to hear or talk about.

• Just me

October 25, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Thank you!
      Some men take advantage of women. .Period!
      I wish her happiness. She should take time though to evaluate what went wrong in her previous marriage. It takes 2 tango.

• G

October 25, 2014 at 3:18 pm

period… some men really take advantage of women… true…. hope you healed from all that and make wise decisions…

7. Mabel

October 25, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Hmmmmm Nigerians and their shallow minds. @bruno , fu** you!!!!!!!!!!! You are really stupid, bloody idiot. I can swear u are still single that is why u think thru UR anus, moron. Eheh, women who go about feeding men and being submissive to such idiotic excuse of husbands only have these kinda tales of woe. There is nothing wrong in cooking for your husband but there is everything wrong in cooking for a fool that can’t bring bread to the table. Such animals never appreciate you QED

• Minka

October 25, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Best comment!!! The main reason why society restricted women to the kitchen was cos back then, men did all the farm work while the females stayed home with the young ones and cooked for them. Now that women work too, there’s no excuse why a man can’t cook for his girl depending on the nature of his job tho. But if a woman is the sole bread winner, the man had better get busy and make himself useful. Yes! It’s a big deal to earn money and buy food and still cook for a man who does nothing in return. All these mumu submissive wives go hear am for this hardcore 21st century Lmao. *waits for bae to be done with my pancakes*

8. suwa

October 25, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Why can’t people make comments without hating. … No woman’s wants divorce. Do you have any idea what a woman goes through as a breadwinner and yet submit. Its just sad how our freedom of speech has made us heartless. Its her life and her choice. She deserves to happy.give her chance. If only we know how loving our God is……. Thank God He isn’t man…

9. bunmite

October 25, 2014 at 2:36 pm

We shd always learn to appreci8 pple dat talks about their experience instead of insulting dem. She wouldn’t be calling herself a mumu if she hadn’t been used by her ex. Although one thing I can pick from Bruno’s comment is what d bible says about divorce. May d Lord have mercy

10. Di

October 25, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Nigerian Marriage seems to be unfair to women yet Nigerian girls are desperate to get into it. I hope things get better in my country, when every woman will be treated with equal respect by themselves and their men. Ladies love yourselves. It’s ok to be selfish sometimes.

11. Beeee

October 25, 2014 at 3:35 pm

It’s really funny how people quote scriptures to back up their arguments yet forget all the other scriptures that apply to them. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. While we are quoting scriptures, the Bible does give room for divorce in the event of adultery. No one knows what happened in the marriage. And Mr. Bruno, with all the scriptures that apply to you, where are you going if this young lady is going to hell?

• Mohammad

October 25, 2014 at 6:48 pm

It was a simple point Bruno was trying to make and it’s a shame that you missed it. There is a scripture for everything; even to the point of contradiction. Lots of people end up bitter because people happen to castigate them based on one reading of scripture that not even everyone believes in. As a gay man, I understand why he would react as strongly to religion and the culture that the kind of unblinkered, unquestioning thinking that Nigerians tend to exhibit even on here. It might not have been sensitive of him, but think of how many more insults and scriptures he has had to field as a gay man. At least Ara has you on her side for defence. How many Nigerians defend gay rights?

• Beeeee

October 25, 2014 at 7:32 pm

I have no issues with gay rights…I have an issue with someone jumping and insulting people and giving a flimsy excuse that it’s because of the discrimination against gays. I really don’t care about any insults he has to field as a gay man. That is the life he has chosen to live. It’s none of my business. You cannot expect people to accept your lifestyle while you run their own lifestyles down everyday. He may not believe in the Bible as he stated but what gives him the right to use it as a joke. That is a book that is sacred to me and a lot of people. I haven’t come across anyone on Bella Naija that has discriminated against him because of his sexuality. But he insults and runs people down here everyday and that is okay? So everything and everyone in Nigeria is crap because the culture does not accept homosexuality? I have a lot of gay friends who face discrimination of the worst kind everyday but they are kind and loving people. They don’t blame the culture for hate, they blame the people who perpetuate the hate. So please, enlighten me and tell me what I am missing

• bruno

October 25, 2014 at 9:15 pm

mohammad I will kiss you if I see you. you are probably one of the smartest people on the blog. everybody missed my point even tho i put the #sarcastic but you didnt.

• Mohammad

October 25, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Thank you for responding. But you make a few points that suggest that you missed the general gist of what Bruno was saying. It wasn’t a particularly elegant or sensitive way to bring it up, but I don’t believe he was being insulting to anyone on here in the comments for this particular article. Neither did I sense that he was being genuinely critical of the fact that Ara has had a divorce.
      What I thought he was trying to illustrate here was that it will be so easy to use scripture to justify our judgement of her; yet we manage to use our reasoning to avoid that; so we should be similarly able to avoid using the Bible or any other “holy” book as justification for lots of the criticisms and judgements that we use them for. Scriptures were written by man (and woman!) and can be contradictory; so religious folk should stop being so sensitive about people pointing this out. I don’t see anyone actually trying to justify the scripture that he quoted here; all I hear is how offended certain people are by the fact that Bruno said it.
      Two other points: being gay isn’t a choice as you say- no one chooses that. That’s as ridiculous as insisting that you could be gay if you wanted to. The truth is that people learn to accept themselves as they are and because it is healthier. The other point about people directing their frustrations at the perpetrators of homophobia and not attacking the culture that allows it to foster is not really fair either. People questioning previously unblinkered beliefs make people take personal responsibility for their acts of homophobia or other kinds of prejudice based on scriptural injunction. The culture needs to change and any challenge that facilitates it should be applauded.

• Lois

October 25, 2014 at 9:46 pm

This is not about being gay or straight. It is about the silly sarcasm and insult to an individual who have seffered the pains of divorce. He should confront the scriptures or ignore it and not lash out at people. It is extremely difficult for African to defend what is completely alien and un-acceptible to its norms and values. That is not anyone’s fault. I have very resposible gay friends who do not exhibit desperation, bitterness and folly like Brono does. Another example is you Mohammed who comes across as cultured and well-mannered. Brono needs help and it will be better if he pours his energy into better profitable ventures and neutralise the venom he spits here. He is one of the reasons people will continually loath gays. He is a bad example of a gay man/freak

• Iris

October 25, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Actually a lot of people didn’t miss the point. There is a disgusting amount of homophobia in Nigeria but he is not an irritant because he is apparently gay. He is an irritant because he attacks everyone and everything – overweight women, straight people, women in abusive relationships, black people. I will never forget the first quote I saw – a mocking quote about Jill Scott when she talked about being at a positive stage in her life. Maka why? Where did that even come from?In every sphere or concept in life you will find extremes and religion is no different. In Christianity you will find fanatics, intolerance, plain stupidity, Does it make every Christian like that? No. You do not have to believe in Christianity but why should you actively take every opportunity to disrespect it? If we were to judge all gay people by Bruno’s comments then best believe that the rate of homophobia would be on a level far higher than what it already is. Simply put, he is to homosexuality what bad Christians are to the religion.

• Beeee

October 26, 2014 at 9:54 am

Mr. Mohammad, it is obvious that you are Bruno fan so whatever I say will not make sense to you. I think some of the people who read my comments have gotten the general point I was trying to make which is, “you cannot run people down and scream homophobia when they fight back”… thank you and have a happy Sunday

12. Beeee

October 25, 2014 at 3:41 pm

BN, I don’t think it’s fair that people can “love” their own comments multiple times. Once is fine but it’s not fair that someone can do it 50 or 60 times…lol

• Aura

October 25, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Yes, I agree! It’s quite distorting when one individual is delusionally loving their own comment. BN please take note!

13. bruno

October 25, 2014 at 3:50 pm

many of you people are so thick in the head that u cant understand a common joke. I was being sarcastic. I dont believe in the bible

• Beeee

October 25, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Obviously

• nyinyes

October 25, 2014 at 6:38 pm

If u dnt believe in the bible! That ur Biz, but ddnt insult those that do, cos every1 is entitled to their opinion n religion! Same as u, so keep ur sordid opinions to urself n hv respect for our bible n religion! That’s jst common sense!

• Mohammad

October 25, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Sweetie nyinyes, please no vex! The bible actually says that. The same bible that people use to justify attacks against women, homosexuality, slavery, and any defiance against oppression or the status quo. Don’t shoot the messenger. The sooner people (even religious ones) learn that it is never to be interpreted literally (never mind taken that seriously), the more we will grow as a people. Challenge your interpretation and change your actions.

• Ephi

October 25, 2014 at 9:23 pm

No one should ram their unbelief / atheism / agnosticism down our throats. It’s not a must to believe, but please respect others’ right to do so.

• Di

October 26, 2014 at 3:13 pm

@mohammad
      The bible justifies violence against women??? The bible says to marry one wife and love her, bible has female prophets and Godly women spoken of, now that is something the koran doesn’t have!!! No female prophets and encourages pedophiles to marry four children and birthed ISIS / boko haram rapists / abacha!
      Get the fack out of here!

14. Tosin

October 25, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Wow, I wish I was a Naija guy. All this cooking…

15. Theresa

October 25, 2014 at 5:14 pm

From her story, I think she did not understand what was important to her husband. She thought it was food but the man felt otherwise. This lack of communication/misunderstanding of a partner’s needs is a common problem in all marriages. I wish both of them had worked harder on understanding each other instead of divorcing after only two years of marriage. I hope they are wiser now.

Marriage is hard work and involves a lot of unselfishness, a willingness to learn and forgiveness. But there is great reward for those who do these things. To all single people out there, don’t be put off by what you hear, marriage is still a great institution. But it is a living organism, if you feed it, it will grow if you don’t (deprive your husband of respect or your wife of love) it will wither and die. It is also like a game, there are rules to succeeding, ignore them at your peril.

To all married people out there, don’t stop learning from your spouse how to be better. Now more than ever, there are tons of information on marriage, but the greatest source of knowledge is your spouse and God. Don’t forget these two. “By wisdom a house (marriage/home) is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.” – Proverbs 24:3-4

• slice

October 25, 2014 at 6:06 pm

of course it was the woman’s fault….

• urghh

October 25, 2014 at 11:30 pm

abeg keep quiet. what do you know? somehow, somehow, we’ll find a way to always blame the woman. and of course, its always a female blaming the woman. way to go ‘strong independent women’!!!

• Changing Faces

October 26, 2014 at 10:42 am

So from this short excerpt of her interview, you’ve drawn conclusions( how she didn’t understand her husband’s needs and how they didn’t work hard enough at the marriage), and included a lecture… You, madam marriage counselor, do not have all the answers, so save your condescending speech for yourself

• siko

October 26, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Please Theresa, I feel it is very inappropriate to just conclude the cause of this lady’s marriage breakdown based on two or three paragraphs of an interview she gave. How do you know the husband hated the food she cooked or who told you she didn’t try other things to understand her man or marriage or to make it work?

The problem we have as Nigerians is that we are always very prescriptive and can be painfully judgmental even when it comes to issues we dont have a deep or thorough understanding of!

I have seen many women suffer psychological and physical trauma just because they forced themselves to stay in a very abusive relationship because they didnt want to be seen as not keeping their home! It is comments like these that make some wicked and abusive husbands to be merciless towards their wives because they know if she runs away or leaves them, society will put the blame on her head!

Please let us be very careful with the utterances we make when we hear of a situation we dont know much about; I have seen many women leave a marriage and then got happily married to other men and they live to testify that had it been they remained in the earlier marriage trying or forcing to make things work, they might not be alive today!

• Fashionista

October 27, 2014 at 2:10 am

Na wa oh, you gleaned all this from that short excerpt above? Hian! Anyway it’s you now, the ITK of them all!

16. dorys

October 25, 2014 at 5:43 pm

@theresa, God bless u,I agree too there was a communication breakdown.There is nothing wrong in being holding the forte financially for a while if ur hussy is going thru financial stress or even cooking for him.I guess at one point she gave up either due to bad advise or other wise after all she did not mention the guy cheated or was violent wit her and now this same guy has remarried,She prob did not see any thing good in him.We women should learn to be patient, loving and supportive to our husbands BUT if he does any of the above mentioned show him the door

17. nene

October 25, 2014 at 6:05 pm

i can’t blame her. experience is the best teacher, and we all learn from experience. so whatever makes her happy, she deserves to be happy and stress free.

18. Queen1

October 25, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Whatever their problem was, I still don’t believe in airing one’s dirty laundry in the public. What’s done is done. She should learn from her past mistakes before she embarkes on any relationship again. I personally don’t believe in dying in a marriage if I’m not happy. My happiness comes first and if its not working, its just not working.

19. Ephi

October 25, 2014 at 9:21 pm

BN, just as someone has pointed above, pleeeease fix this issue of a person being able to “like” their own comment multiple times — Bruno in particular, side eye.

20. lotus flower

October 25, 2014 at 9:29 pm

She still sounds like a mumu. She is proud to announce that she doesn’t even know the name of here ex husband’s wife~ the step-mother to her son. Don’t you want to know who will be around your child? You talk to your ex about your son but don’t want to know anything about the woman that will also interact with your boy. Makes no sense.

• papa_adex

October 26, 2014 at 4:55 am

Your Comment is senseless .

• Ghost

May 30, 2019 at 4:47 am

Like seriously…it is senseless

21. Na Wa

October 25, 2014 at 9:58 pm

And the point of this story is???? I’m not one to castigate women especially if it is a typical nightmarish Naija marriage but please how does coking everyday in your marriage make it successful? It really doesn’t make sense to me. Food does not solve all issues. There are other determinants. There was definitely a communication breakdown. All in all, God is the only true keeper of marriages. Leave Him out and the devil comes in .

As for Mr. Bruno, you need Jesus. If you think all this nonsensical freedom of speech you are displaying here is right, I pray it won’t be too late for you to make amends.

• Mohammad

October 25, 2014 at 10:28 pm

What gives you the right to suggest that somebody needs Jesus? What if I suggest that you need Soponna in your life to free you from the bondage that you’re currently in?

22. bruno

October 25, 2014 at 10:31 pm

why are you christains pained when I quote the part of the bible that doesnt favour you. its called being a hypocrite. it is clearly written in malachi 2:16. I didnt make those words up. abi u have bible open it and check. loooooooooool

• Topsy

October 25, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Please just shut up.
      Can’t imagine how miserable your life must be offline, Jobless troll. Pele.

23. brownchocolate

October 25, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Bella. I think its time individuals who use this platform to instigate hatred and spite were shown the door. What’s the whole point of moderation if people can come up and use hateful and insensitive words? Really getting bored of coming across these kind of comments. Its time you started using filters. Thank you.

• Oriegwu

October 27, 2014 at 8:36 am

That is ehn. This freedom of speech business has taken a whlole nother angle here. See me see local wahala.To think that there are individuals with so much confusion and hate inside them. Na real wah. Madness di kwa n’udi n’udi.

24. A

October 25, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Mohammed and Bruno, may God forgive you.

25. babygiwa

October 25, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Ara, learn from your past and move on. May the good, awesome and loving God we serve be with you, amen.

26. G

October 26, 2014 at 1:09 am

Y is it rampant that married men don’t even keep to their vows to the extent of marrying a second wife…. only social media reports such cases and the 1st wife faints…
    sometimes we should call a spade a spade… Men feed on the notion that women are more than men. They feed on the notion that women are afraid of being alone… who promoted that lie… obviously men. This is their security to put some women in bondage.
    So they think when they don’t take responsibility of their actions… the woman with resilience, humbles her self.. Gives chance after chance, forgives, bites her tongue, …
    Oh why wouldn’t they be shocked when the woman stands up that she is worthy… Bc mugu you believed a lie and tot every day was Christmas.. U tot you’ll still come and meet that mumu wife…
    To all those who think they are Mumu wifes.. note this God loves you, Jesus ministered to alot of women bc of the social injustice.. that drove some of the women to take decisions not best for them. But the Lord restored them. It’s not today that women are being put down.. Men behave like they r so perfect. Let a woman commit the same crime… e.g let me not go with the spirit of lust they bring into marital home or etc… Forgive yourself, don’t even remember the mugu in your tots.
    Trust me those men may look like they have moved on with their life’s… marrying and all. They might drag your name in front of their mates to cover face. But deep down they RESPECT you for NOT taking their BULLSHIT….

• Di

October 26, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Very well said!!!

27. Idomagirl

October 26, 2014 at 2:36 am

So the moral of the story is that all her submission did not stop her marriage from crashing? Where are the submission activists? The ones who think submission is all that’s needed for a marriage to work?

28. Changing Faces

October 26, 2014 at 10:56 am

Can people just get off Bruno’s case for a second… I do not agree with many of her comments here but for people to suggest that her comments shouldn’t be published is just ridiculous. We can’t all be the same and should be allowed our own views. The same people that attack Bruno for not agreeing with Christian beliefs are the first to bash all Muslims for the atrocities of a few extremists(boko haram, Isis). Now some are suggesting that she likes her comments, so what? Like your own comments too! I have liked peoples comments multiple times because I loved their point of view. A lot of the comments here actually bully her and do same things she’s accused of doing. Good on BN for respecting everyone’s right to be heard and damning the Bella naija police!

• Idomagirl

October 26, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Ahn ahn…Bruno na woman? and I don dey call am ‘he’ since…I shall amend sharply.

• benny

October 26, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Bruno is male ooooooooo. Aunty mi he is male. He has stated this over and over again and identified as a freethinking homosexual

• Susan

October 26, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I can’t like your comment enough. Majority of us as Christians say horrible things about people who are not believers using very condescending language. I see it here all the time, about Muslims, about celebs about homosexuals but when it’s done to us then we start crying out for respect. It’s soo obvious that Bruno’s comments are reactionary ones to the things he been told by Christians or heard them say. Please let him express himself. We don’t help our religion and beliefs when we are always insulting pPl who don’t agree with us. Let us show love like has been shown to us by our Father. 🙂

• Anonymous bystander

October 27, 2014 at 5:06 am

For some reason, I think your attempt at being politically correct and calling Bruno “her” when the name is clearly a “he’s” name is the funniest thing I’ve read in this whole BN comment thread. Spot in dude!!! (That’s me assuming you are a “him” and not a “her”)

29. g girl

October 26, 2014 at 11:58 am

ara be strong……he just took advantage of the fact you loved him with all your heart,he is a gold digger….all these jobless men that are looking for well to do ladies to marry and then maltreat them….there is God oo…..even if your wife is the breadwinner at least be useful…finance in the home is not easy,especially when the both parties are working..God will surely help us even the bible says ..a man that cannot provide for his home is worse than an unbeliever

30. kassy dameji

October 26, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Ara,b4 u got married to ur ex was he employd or nt?if he was unemployd den itz ur fault thinking lv will mk a way bt if he lost d job after d marage den u support him.By d way Who do u expect to cook for u him?grow up girl! by d way Who is d breadwinner In his hoz nw?

31. beibei

October 26, 2014 at 7:09 pm

okay..so here is my comment. ..Mr Bruno u got issues man…try to understand der ar days wen Ur comment doesn’t hurt others days u shld b careful…did u see d finishing akinwummi got on Friday for saying shit (for supporting praise tweets on 10 ways to kip Ur man)…learn frm dat.
    Ara my darling u will fall in love d’s article is gonna sell Ur market…..life is too short pls rock it!!

32. Richard Hendon

October 27, 2014 at 5:28 am

She obviously still likes her ex and this is some revenge ” I’ll tell the world you were broke and I’m still hot, guys are going chase me’ release. The world does not need to know what went on in your home financially, that’s your business. There are marraiges where the husband frll on hard times and the wife had to be the breadwinner till the guy got back on his feet. I believe in love and call me stupid but love isn’t selfish. Love doesnt tell the world ‘oh i was the breadwinner in our marriage’.

I am a guy who met my wife in London. She was a Chartered accountant, with her own house, car, and a great job, she’s even two year older. She was the breadwinner but to us there was no big deal because we always prayed and believed that things will work out ok. She used to tell me ‘there are loads of mattiages where wives start out better off’, She never disrespected me and you’d never guess the age difference. That is love. I just bought her an suv and I’m doing pretty well professionally. Sometimes God blesses a home through the husband, sometimes it’s through the wife.

The most important thing is the home is blessed. Men.. I love my wife. A woman can make a man feel like a king, sometimes your biggest test as a woman is to help your man become all he can be, In him you should see a seed of greatness and you that soil where he can blossom. Sometimes you need to observe your man, is he in the right field, is he utilising his talents? Money comes and goes ( my wife has stopped working to take care of the kids, that how well I am doing) but real love, i’m taling about that old school, down for whatever, ride or die, I’m going to give the best of me and support you to be the best of you type love. I love my wife…

33. brenda

October 27, 2014 at 11:11 am

sorry but this doesn’t sit well with me,
    1. first of all what women need to know is that WE ARE NOT BREAD WINNERS of a family, that’s a mans responsibility we are there to help, immediately you take on that role it creates a problem in the home, even when that’s done i think its immoral for you or any woman to declare to the whole world that you are the bread winner… that for me is pride and no man can stand that unless you date a “boy” with no direction in life and just wants to have fun who will later dump you for a woman he will want to PROVIDE for. Men naturally are providers but if you take that away from them that’s already a problem…. you call your self submissive and maybe you are but i see you are not in the area of finances, remember you are a helper not a provider and the only reason then you would prefer to date a younger man is so you could dictate to him… but even he wont put up with that
    2. Regarding you checking with your EX to ensure that his wife is ok with him calling you, who does that? every woman who gets married to a man who has been married before and has kids from his previous marriage know that there’s always going to be communication between his Ex and her husband, its only an insecure woman who would have issues with that, there is a reason you are his EX and she is his wife. I hope you find peace within your self before getting into the next relationship and know your place in a mans life please read II Corinthians

34. Richard Hendon

October 28, 2014 at 9:10 am

Brenda, I already love you..

35. Dabliz obas

October 31, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Some comment in here though