News

Gunmen Abduct Petroleum Minister Alison-Madueke’s Sister

Diezani

Diezani Alison-Madueke

Nigeria’s Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke’s sister has been kidnapped by gunmen in Port Harcourt.

Vanguard reports that the men abducted her sister, Osiyo Agama, at gunpoint as she was walking to her car on Tuesday night.

The motive for the abduction is currently unknown, as there has been no report of the men asking for a ransom.

1. Just me

October 24, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Clearly an inside job. All money related or some kind of beef.
    Hope she’s safe.

2. bruno

October 24, 2014 at 8:04 pm

no rest for the wicked.

3. Melinda

October 24, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Good for her, it’s because of all the money they are stealing. People are angry and will continue to lash out.

4. femi

October 24, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Cha! Those boys don’t hammer o! I envy those boys. They shouldn’t collect anything less than £10million. Diezani get the mini. She must pay!

5. tunmi

October 24, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Nigerians online cried out when NOI’s mother was kidnapped. When the girls were gone, crickets, lies, and threats from the fed govt. Now they have taken another important family member. Sorry, my concern are with the girls who have yet to return after 6 months.

6. Naomi

October 24, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Evil men everywhere, I pray nothing happens to her

7. NNENNE

October 24, 2014 at 9:51 pm

@bruno….The poor girl does not deserve to be kidnapped. Stop justifying evil.Nothing justifies kidnapping.

• bruno

October 24, 2014 at 11:57 pm

@nnenne. 22 love this for a stupid comment like urs, how is that possible, na juju u dey use. I dont support violence in any way but sometimes u have to fight back ur opressors. I hope they dont harm the girl tho. when they start attacking politicians and their families, I think they wilk sit up and stop stealing all our money and start improving this country’s security.

8. Tosin

October 25, 2014 at 3:05 am

Christmas is near, I guess. People are starting to prepare.
    It will shock these kidnappers the day serious action starts being taken against their crimes. For now, they should enjoy the bonanza.

9. kdot

October 25, 2014 at 8:56 am

She deserves it. Wish it was her they kidnapped. She is a thief that steals with the pen….Ole aji bole

10. Jamce

October 25, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Kidnapping and militancy in Nigeria is basically the “chicken coming home to roost”. Am in agreement with Bruno on this one. If assassins, kidnappers and suicide bombers start targeting the thieves in government, their families and their cronies, there will be a reduction in corruption.

11. tenya

October 25, 2014 at 3:16 pm

How can you people be so heartless and keep on saying the girl deserves to be kidnapped for her sister’s sins? Havent you heard what Jesus said about weeping with those that weep and rejoicing with those that rejoice? I know politicians are very corrupt but for goodness sake my people let us leave God to deal with them in the only way he knows best. But if something unfortunate happens to anybody no matter who they are or what they have done, please it is evil to be rejoicing immediately in someone’s predicament. It is not a healthy or good behaviour to try to play God! Let us think of her life in danger and put ourselves in her shoes, then you will feel the need to have pity on her, We are all human beings please and anything can happen to anybody. I read the same thing to when Alamaisehye’s son was killed in Dubai. Please let us be merciful and leave judgement ONLY TO GOD! You dont know what will happen to you or members of your family tomorrow

• Mohammad

October 25, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Sorry Aunty Tenya. I hear wetin Jesus talk. When they were meant to share their goodies with common man, dem no do; but una want make me come follow them dey weep abi? As I don talk before, the Nigerian revolution is coming. And na the overprivileged plunderers of our national fortune dem suppose target.
      #bringbackourgirls

• aisha muhamed

October 26, 2014 at 1:09 pm

@Mohammad what has Jesus got to do with this? Why not use the prophet Mohammed to relate to this piece, enough is enough you are so vain. Haba

• Iris

October 25, 2014 at 11:55 pm

There are many ways to make your point without bringing Jesus into it. I wish a lot politicians loved Jesus the way you seem to. If they did we wouldn’t be where we are today. I go to church too but please give Jesus a resting break today. It is enough to simply say “It is bad to rejoice over someone else’s evil.”

12. jake ro

October 25, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Muhammad , are you sure you are not one of them.one thing withleaving this kind of thing to keep going on is , what happen after the purge of eliminating the so -called bad guys, they will turn to the good guys cos evil is evil , it does not matter what name you give.why all of this—-simple, nigeria is a nation without rule of law, where gangs, terrorists, foundamentalists theives , killers , kidnappers, totally ignorant and uneducated are the law ,there is no justification for this type of behaviour cos today it is them and tomorrow it is you

• Mohammad

October 25, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Am I sure I am not one of them? See question! In the words of Yemi Alade, Ayakata!

• Mohammad

October 25, 2014 at 10:19 pm

By the way I have no problem with what you’re saying. Like you say, evil is evil is evil. I don’t expect the government to only show concern when one of their own becomes a victim. That’s what the “chicken coming home to roost” means in this instance.

13. Mohammad

October 25, 2014 at 10:14 pm

First they came for the nearly 300 girls and the government did nothing. Na when dey come for corrupt government official family member you want make I come dey weep with dem abi? Abeg #bringbackourgirls biko

• aisha muhamed

October 26, 2014 at 1:11 pm

@Mohammad its your brothers that came for the 300 girls you stating about? So what are you gonna do???

• Mohammad

October 26, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Aisha your comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired. If you had read the entire strand of my conversation with Tenya which I referred to, you would have understood that it was her who brought Jesus into the matter first and not have embarassed yourself with that comment.
      And to your other comment about it being my “brothers” who took the 300 girls; not only am I not Moslem nor from anywhere near Northern Nigeria, you show yourself to be deeply ignorant and hopelessly tribalistic. What if I was Moslem and/or northern? Can I not demand action from a government that is meant to protect all of its citizens? Ode!

• Mohammad

October 26, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Two points on which you reveal embarrassing ignorance:
      1. I am neither Moslem nor from Northern Nigeria- if that’s what you mean about my brothers being the ones that abducted the girls. We are all Nigerians and have a right to demand action from our government to facilitate the release of the girls. Let’s not get into some ridiculous tribalistic/religious argument.
      2. If you’d bothered to read the entire conversation between Tenya and me, you’d have realised that it wasn’t me who brought Jesus into this. I have no reason to invoke Mohammed, Amadioha, or any other number of religious spokespeople to address her original comment.
      We Nigerians need to learn to address issues without any resort to religious sentiments. My points are not invalidated by my ethnicity, or my religion (or my lack of one).

14. Nina

October 25, 2014 at 11:37 pm

We cannot feel safe amercing wealth for ourselves and keep building high walls, and leaving our environment poor. We must adopt this mindset of making the life of the least of us better before we can feel truly safe. It might just be some family member or some aggrieved house help.