Scoop

Kerry Washington Talks about Shooting Sex Scenes with ‘President Fitzgerald Grant’, Being Olivia Pope & More

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

kerry-washington-cover-shoot-01One of our favourite Hollywood girls, Kerry Washington, landed the cover of Allure magazine’s November 2014 issue (click here if you missed it) but the Scandal actress talks to the magazine about so much that she usually opens up about.

In the editorial Kerry wears gorgeous dresses by Zac Posen, Lanvin, Stella McCartney and more.

You can read the full feature as well as see more pictures from her shoot here.

In the interview the new mother talks about shooting sex scenes with President Fitzgerald Grant III (Tony Goldwyn), getting into the character of Olivia Pope and more.

kerry-washington-cover-shoot-02 kerry-washington-cover-shoot-04

Read excerpts from her interview below!

On shooting sex scenes for Scandal: “They’re hard to do. Sex scenes are always awkward. You’re doing things that you’re supposed to do with only certain people in your life. Because this is not your real partner in life, doing that is awkward. And then doing it in a room full of people is awkward.”

On Tony Goldwyn’s sex appeal: “Particularly with a show like ours, where people are so invested in the chemistry, you just learn to be careful, because people’s real relationships in life are important. I so respect and admire his wife and him and their family, and he feels the same way about mine. And so you learn to be careful about how you say things.”

On what it takes to transform into Olivia Pope: “Shoes. There’s a reason why you say, ‘Oh, they walk in this world in a certain way.’ Shoes have a big impact. Even in rehearsals at Scandal, oftentimes I’ll ask for my shoes. I’ll be standing around in my sweatpants and tank top and hoodie sweatshirt with Christian Dior or Gucci shoes, because I want to be able to walk and stand like Olivia…. How a person walks says a lot about who they are.”

Photo Credit: Allure Magazine

1. babycakes

October 21, 2014 at 5:35 pm

yawn!!!!!!!!!!!

2. tunmi

October 21, 2014 at 5:47 pm

I loved it. I know allure had it written as “the new mother” and I am not in any way blaming BN but why not describe her on her echievements. The interview does not go into her personal life but her professional life. She was nominated for a Primetime Emmy for her character in Scandal (Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series), and she has won an Image Award for the same character in Scandal (Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series).

• bruno

October 21, 2014 at 8:25 pm

@tunmi.what the hell are u saying. everyone knows keri is an emmy nominated actress. you remixed one of my old comments and pasted it. u think I eont catch u. thief. pls keep shut

3. french naira

October 21, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Love some Pope

4. bruno

October 21, 2014 at 9:18 pm

bellanaija pls can you post the response shonda rhimes sent a fan who was complaining about the gay sex scenes in how to get away with murder and scandal.trust me, u wont regret it. so funny

5. jake ro

October 21, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Really like her.she is getting beautiful and classy by day.only that african american actresses have never been given the honour they deserve for their work.that is why I wish that africa will be stong all round to protect their own..is getting crazier when it comes to black people on this planet.they must fight to be able to survive this planet.is long over-do.

6. Uju Lilian Ikegbune

October 22, 2014 at 12:15 am

i love Olivia pope.
    ethniques.blogspot.com/2014/09/styling-what-to-wear-this-weekend-one.html

7. grand duchess I

October 22, 2014 at 12:15 pm

In french accent “za girl is fione”