Features

Lydia Idakula Sobogun Shares Her Uplifting Story of Finding Purpose on The Inspire Series with Glory Edozien

BellaNaija.com

Untitled

If you’ve had a mentally and physically exhausting day, and you need some form of boost to keep you going, then you should watch this edition of The Inspire Series.

Today, Glory Edozien chats with Lydia Idakula-Sobogun, the curator of Taruwa. {Read BellaNaija’s feature on Lydia to find out more about Taruwa}

Glory’s introduction to the video sets the tone for what you’re about to watch:
My biggest fear is dying without fulfilling the reason for which I was created. I believe everyone on earth is created for a purpose. We aren’t just pawn pieces, moved at the whim of the gods. No. Each of us was made because we have something the world needs. And that need is tucked away deep within us and requires careful excavation of social obligations and noise to unroot it.

And with that, we’ll leave you to watch. Find out what Lydia has to say on how she found her purpose for living.

Check it out!

1. F

October 21, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Wow!life changing video!Must watch

2. GIWJ

October 21, 2014 at 7:15 pm

This is absolutely mind blowing!!!! I love her story. God is good. This is very timely I needed to hear this. Thanks Glory

3. voice of reason

October 21, 2014 at 7:56 pm

thank you!

4. Akpo 'Diddie Uyeh

October 21, 2014 at 9:04 pm

She has passion for the arts and someone I deeply admire…

5. Wande

October 21, 2014 at 11:13 pm

WOW! I learnt so much, at first the video seemed long to watch but I got so in to it that time flew by lol. And to think I almost skipped viewing this post, all because I was going by a number of comments. Thank you Lydia, can’t explain how touched I am at this hour. What is strange is that I came across ‘Taruwa’ today for the first time today on google whilst researching some things, and never payed attention…fast forward a couple hours later and I’m watching the CEO! Thank you Glory Edozien, I look forward to more interviews like these, your doing a great thing here!

• Tincan

October 23, 2014 at 9:12 am

So agree with you. What an inspiring interview. Lydia is at the kind of place where I want to be in terms of my attitude and disposition, relationship with God and peace with myself. What an inspiration, to think I nearly missed watching it….

6. Good

October 22, 2014 at 3:38 am

Wow! Very inspiring! Must watch! God bless u Lydia

7. Mz Socially Awkward...

October 23, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I am all kinds of blown away. Lydia, you were a delight to listen to & I’m still all kinds of blown away. Thank you so much for sharing the amazing story of your journey and giving me so much to think about regarding my own. Thank you.

Glory, please continue go grow the series going in this direction. The Sisterhood in the state that it exists today bladly needs to be inspired to new levels.

8. jinkelele

October 23, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Truly its pink envy I have right now for Lydia

Even Glory seemed …speechless

9. Tincan

April 6, 2016 at 6:52 am

Watching this again, a year and a bit on. Such a blessing. Thank you for sharing Lydia and Glory.