Events

Aww…Solange Knowles is ‘Mrs. Ferguson’ Now | See Pictures from Her Wedding in New Orleans

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Solange-Knowles-Wedding-Alan-Ferguson-November-2014-BellaNaija009

A few days ago BN gave you the scoop about Solange Knowles getting married over the weekend to her boyfriend Alan Ferguson in a quiet ceremony – well, the wedding has happened and we have a look inside her glorious weekend for you.

The weekend started off with a rehearsal dinner, then the wedding ceremony itself and then the reception.

It was a colourful event with all the guests dressed in white as well as the couple. Of course, Beyoncé made an appearance with Jay Z (and they looked so cute together too).

Check out pictures from her day!

Rehearsal Dinner

Solange-Knowles-Wedding-Alan-Ferguson-November-2014-BellaNaija003 Solange-Knowles-Wedding-Alan-Ferguson-November-2014-BellaNaija002

Wedding Day

Solange-Knowles-Wedding-Alan-Ferguson-November-2014-BellaNaija005 Solange-Knowles-Wedding-Alan-Ferguson-November-2014-BellaNaija004 Solange-Knowles-Wedding-Alan-Ferguson-November-2014-BellaNaija006 Solange-Knowles-Wedding-Alan-Ferguson-November-2014-BellaNaija007

Wedding Portraits

Solange Alan Ferguson WeddingSolange Alan Ferguson Wedding 3

Reception

Solange-Knowles-Wedding-Alan-Ferguson-November-2014-BellaNaija001 Solange-Knowles-Wedding-Alan-Ferguson-November-2014-BellaNaija008 Solange-Knowles-Wedding-Alan-Ferguson-November-2014-BellaNaija011 Solange-Knowles-Wedding-Alan-Ferguson-November-2014-BellaNaija010

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Wire Image/Josh Brasted

Additional Photo Credit: Instagram.com/Beyonce

1. Ada

November 17, 2014 at 8:59 am

Lol @ bella Naija. Photo Credit is Getty Images/Wire Image/John Brasted and you are splashing Bella Naija logo Ontop the photo LWKMD

• Some people look for story where there's none

November 17, 2014 at 9:38 am

Loool i’m sure this issue has been brought up before. BN have subscribe to getty images, Its all legit and paid for

BellaNaija.com

November 20, 2014 at 9:36 pm

@Ada, we have a legal agreement with Getty Images which gives us the right to use the images as well as add our watermark. Thank u for your concern.

2. abby

November 17, 2014 at 9:02 am

OMG! I love this wedding. If only I could have such a classy/vintage wedding…but no it ain’t happening, all the amala-eating family and friends won’t let me. **sobs**

• miss pynk

November 17, 2014 at 9:33 am

It heavily depends on your negotiating skills
      I got married on a wednesday in zanzibar with 50 guests. Yes i live in Lagos.

pynk360.com

• Beeeee

November 17, 2014 at 10:16 am

lmao @ negotiating skills….so true

• Tikka Masala

November 17, 2014 at 1:41 pm

50 guests in Zanzibar? My exact dream situation – numbers & location wise! Well done for pulling it off! And congrats! Just read your posts on your blog 🙂

• Nino

November 17, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Dear Pynk please can you share your wedding with us…that is one wedding i want to seee…Biko we will be nice

• abodo

November 17, 2014 at 10:39 am

Haha thats very funny

• Nahum

November 17, 2014 at 1:49 pm

I almost died of laughter when I read this comment. I truly wish my wedding was like this but hells na!!! My hubby’s family just had to have their “owambe”.

• ATL's finest

November 17, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Lmao @ Owambe Chaiii that’s d problem oo.. Location & numbers of guest!!! Every chance they get to party, it becomes theirs :)..

• miss pynk

November 17, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I had an wambe trad. I decided to just show up to my own trad the saturday before the formal. 1200 guests, i let them do what they want, hence the negotiating skills. My entire formal in a 5 star resort was the cost of the hall in lagos with the free plastic chairs. And oh yeah i had a full asian buffet complete with sushi and sashimi too, go figure. And my formal reception went out with a bang of musical chairs, which the guests took a little too seriously. My yoruba owambe father is still busy telling everyone who will listen how at 64 ,he won the limbo challenge at the formal.

to those asking for it to be shared on bellanaija, I unfortunately wont be doing that as my husband is private and it wasnt a”society” shebang. However pieces of it will show up on my blog from time to time.

• zee

November 17, 2014 at 6:11 pm

lolz, u ar soooo funny

3. Naijasinglegirl

November 17, 2014 at 9:09 am

Trust Nigerians to copy and abuse the hell out of this new trend. #whiteasoebi,whitegele&whiteshoes&whiterice.

My eyes are on BN Wedding photos for the next couple of months.
    naijasinglegirl dot com

• miss pynk

November 17, 2014 at 9:35 am

The white pantsuits are hot. I would have considered it if i wasnt married already oh.

• Surely

November 18, 2014 at 12:33 pm

don’t lie. u won’t have had the liver to wear pants…

• jhennique

November 17, 2014 at 9:38 am

lmao @ White Rice

• Audrey

November 17, 2014 at 11:04 am

Lmao! the white rice bit got me laughing real hard.

• Nahum

November 17, 2014 at 1:50 pm

I join you in monitoring BN. Naija’s will just kill this trend off with their copy copy

• benny

November 17, 2014 at 3:13 pm

That “magnificent” wedding with the food dispensers and all white decor from a few weeks back was the same thing. Not every event is a naija dissing event. Their wedding guests also wore white. Calm down

• ynnon

November 17, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Didn’t Tiwa Savage wear white during her traditional wedding?

• Ona

November 17, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Lmao @ white rice.

TBH, i have always wanted an unconventional wedding theme like this….down to the white bike with white flowers attached….soooo me! However i dont see that happening given that my boo’s family are definitely already talking about a big ass wedding, plus he’s the only son and his dad is a public figure. As much as i like going to naija functions, i have always dreaded the big, typical naija weddings….i have always wanted something intimate, small and me. He could care less whether its a big wedding or we went to the court house as long as im happy. My family could care less really, but his family will def be disappointed.

4. jhennique

November 17, 2014 at 9:13 am

oh! she wore three dresses. Solange seems like a jumpsuit freak. LOL.
    I love the last look best. and her hurrrr…..
    I love how simple the whole thing was. Im an advocate for simplicity. Gosh i hate all the pomp and display and elaborate ceremonies!.
    The all white thing tho…a bit creepy.
    BN pls update the page. There are a lot of other pictures 😀

• jhennique

November 17, 2014 at 9:15 am

Does anybody see the lady in this picture with arms folded?

Shez wearing tennis shoes. LOL! I love hw unbothered white folks can be. How simple! no tym!

• Surely

November 17, 2014 at 10:47 am

She wore 3 jumpsuits and a dress, not 3 dresses. Ugh. You’re one of the people that call short dresses gowns I’m sure.
      So all white is creepy because all you know is Nollywood and Celestial (cele) tinz LOLLL

• Idomagirl

November 18, 2014 at 12:28 am

Wait…short dresses are not gowns? Ha, so i’ve been hembarazing myself since…

5. bruno

November 17, 2014 at 9:14 am

I’m so glad they didn’t invite their father, he should go and take care of his baby mamas

Solange looks so good in stephane rolland couture.

Happy married life, no fighting oh.

6. Que

November 17, 2014 at 9:15 am

I expected nothing less…..love them, and that last pic with d sparklers is something I see myself imitating! Lovely!!!

• Troll

November 17, 2014 at 9:25 am

There’s harmattan oh. Don’t go and set your house on fire

• Idomagirl

November 18, 2014 at 12:32 am

LMAO…

7. TANTRA

November 17, 2014 at 9:21 am

Not the usual wedding ceremony. Happy wedlock, dede na aunty Ferguson.

8. Changing Faces

November 17, 2014 at 9:22 am

An all white wedding party… I love it!

9. mrs chidukane

November 17, 2014 at 9:31 am

The wedding is so Solange. They’re both super stylish people, I love it!

10. Naijababeii

November 17, 2014 at 9:41 am

Abeg na temple or where dem do dis wedding? the all white luks gud but ……………………………..

11. benny

November 17, 2014 at 9:50 am

The best wedding I have ever seen. nothing else comes close. ♥♥♥♥♥

12. BlueEyed

November 17, 2014 at 9:56 am

Now this is a Solange style wedding, a real stylish New Orleans party, I love her outfits esp with the capes. Talk about the right way to break the internet.

13. oj

November 17, 2014 at 10:09 am

am I the only one thinking that the 2 pics under “wedding portrait” seem to look occult? they remind me of scenes from “buffy the vampire slayer” only they were wearing black.

• Beeeee

November 17, 2014 at 10:18 am

Its supposed to be vintage…I guess that’s the look they were going for

• Anon

November 17, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I find it a bit creepy. Zombie-like.

14. Mrs Diamond

November 17, 2014 at 10:23 am

everyone is loving the simplicity bcus na celebs…If na average 9ja person bring dis bicycle Concept,Ppl for don insult d person generation say na poverty..Just bcus they are celebs everyone loves and want it…well bicyle sellers in 9ja go make money now o lol..Congrats Solange U are Beautiful

15. bruno

November 17, 2014 at 10:24 am

OMG I didn’t even notice janelle monae,far left in the family portrait, she’s wearing a dress, first time

• Dora the explorer

November 18, 2014 at 6:33 pm

I know! I was almost sosure it was her in a dress.. lovely

16. Chika

November 17, 2014 at 10:39 am

Our naija designers aka tailors go soon copy this outfit. Just wait and watch. White asoebi, white everything will be the in thing now. I trust my people lol

17. Kemi

November 17, 2014 at 10:41 am

Slay!

18. Chichi

November 17, 2014 at 10:51 am

OK that’s it! I’m going all white for mine! Now to wait patiently for mr right… *sips green tea*

19. Beeeee

November 17, 2014 at 11:00 am

I didn’t expect anything else…this wedding is so Solange…I love it….and can I just say how hot their mum is looking….60 years old and still stunning

20. fola mariam

November 17, 2014 at 12:52 pm

The first pics I saw yesterday …got me like..solange ,bicycles,cape!not surprised !but these others the poses ,et al;hmnnn not sure its something to be comfortably fancying;first it’s new Orleans,(voodoo),she’s from Houston Texas ,its not like she even lives in Louisiana!I mean accepted New Orleans represents old school cool and vintage (and juju)they got money she could enact the scene wherever:but again no be Solange?lol,she’s always been cuckoo ‘kinda’ spiritually(and of course spiritual sister Janelle Monae was around)…#justsaying.

• ATL's finest

November 17, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Lol I wondered too why she didn’t do it in TX where’s from??? But hmmm I guess they are looking for that 60’s vintage traditional look 🙂

• benny

November 17, 2014 at 3:09 pm

She is also a New Orleans girl. Isn’t that where she moved to or something?

• PurpleiciousBabe

November 17, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Like the style and some of what she wore but the scenery etc too cultist for me…
      It was just off.
      My opinion. Happy Married Life Solange.

• Surely

November 18, 2014 at 12:36 pm

You know the cultists in The Matrix wore tuxedos…. You gotta open your mind sometimes… Don’t let Cele control ya mind lol

• Surely

November 18, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Solange has lived in NOLA for years now, where do you find your info?

21. nnenna

November 17, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I love the new orleans theme infused with white . I can relate having watched ‘the originals’ .(His is what klaus and caroline’s wedding will be like with the vampires, witches and werewolves in attendance. Kai, too much tv viewing is not good o.

• Idomagirl

November 18, 2014 at 12:34 am

LMAO…Do you think Klaus will marry Caroline? I think Kami suits him better, she’s definitely more mature…

22. radiant

November 17, 2014 at 1:03 pm

all i see is plenty hair…..hair everywhere!

23. me

November 17, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Can it be so obvious………..this family n their allegiance to satanism…another princess n ritualistic marriage and obviously showing it. N people want to be like them. Well ……

• Nahum

November 17, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Oh shut up and go and take your meds. Paranoid is your middle name

• Realistic thinking box

November 20, 2014 at 2:22 am

I totally agree some things go right over ppls heads
      This is def an intiation of some sort. Like she’s becoming a bruja or something with the all white. I love her tho

24. G

November 17, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Quirky Solange… glad you did everything your way…
    Besides it looks like your guy has got a big mamba… lol

25. Mmmmmm

November 17, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Take a chill. Pass up.no one asked for yur opinion. Fyi that bicycle is a vintage bicycle am sure it will Probably pay yur house rent for a year.. Haters sha. Smh

26. Anon

November 17, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Hidden in plain sight. Kudos to those who understand. So many masonic themes in the pictures.

27. ATL's finest

November 17, 2014 at 2:24 pm

She’s beautiful & always keep it simple! I’m glad her hubby doesn’t eat Amala & Ewedu soup cuz his beard would suffer for it all :)! & I know someone will ask how do I know he does? Ok he just doesn’t eat it lmao..

• ATL's finest

November 17, 2014 at 2:55 pm

*does not* correcting my self from typographical errors. Blame it on ipad

• Surely

November 18, 2014 at 12:38 pm

He eats okra and chitlings….

28. Akua

November 17, 2014 at 2:41 pm

This is what I love about our Western people. They have money, but whenever they have an event, they keep it simple and on the low, yet classy and beautiful. But as for our people, the competition among us will not let us do that. We will always overdo and go overboard, and most of us don’t even have money like that. They overdo it because they want outdo a friend or should I say an enemy…Africans will never learn the good the things from the West, only that which is bad. I have said my piece…don’t crucify me abeg

29. Nino

November 17, 2014 at 3:35 pm

I am just here for her boo…51….as in 5 and 1…damn black does not crack….
    Look at Mama Tyna…Everyone is shouting Queen Bey…That is the original queen!….
    Over 60 and hot as a hell…

I am not sure I understand all these voodoo or no voodoo, hidden in plain sight and all…
    I mean dont you have to go looking for these things to find it?
    And yes if you know all that crap you need to check yourself…

30. baboushka

November 17, 2014 at 3:49 pm

She slayed it! Simple and chic! The average Nigerian is either not used to wealthy people being simple or doesn’t have a creative brain someone left a comment on another blog asking why their buildings were so dilapidated with all the money they have hahahaha!

31. jake ro

November 17, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Love her dress especially the long dress she wore on family photo.it looked 60’s /70’s style with the egyptian armband.congratulation dear.simple but classy

32. Gorgeous

November 17, 2014 at 4:02 pm

She is creole, so Louisiana is her roots. And yes they are big on voodoo. Which may be the reason for the white clothes or that may just be her general theme. Solange is just like me. I like different. If it is not different or not the norm, i feel too watered down. I love her wedding and i wish her a very happy married life. Shes a beautiful gal and i am glad she has found love. The whole wedding concept is wonderful. So intimate and her own personalized wedding.

33. sum1special

November 17, 2014 at 4:40 pm

So classy…now waiting for the next BN couple to copy this

34. Baby

November 17, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Don’t know y they have to show all their anatomy in the name of fashion….. And what’s with the ugly lookin beard of the groom,? Mschweeeeeeew…..no one will comment on that now but if it was a naija celeb now u hypocrites and fake arses here will tear them down…..

• Lulu

November 17, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I don’t like the groom’s beard as well. I cant imagine the stench when he sweats…

• Idomagirl

November 18, 2014 at 12:30 am

Not true, if he’s very clean and uses the right products for it it won’t smell…same way your afro (if you have one) doesn’t automatically smell when you sweat. It’s all about hygiene and maintenance…

• Surely

November 18, 2014 at 12:39 pm

But your weave doesn’t smell?

• Idomagirl

November 18, 2014 at 12:31 am

The beard is not ugly, just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean that those who do are fake or hypocrites…

• Surely

November 18, 2014 at 12:40 pm

We love Pete Edochie and Oliver de Coque’s beards… Go and hug transformer

35. Tokunbo

November 17, 2014 at 6:00 pm

I liked that she stayed true to herself, nothing extravagant or over the top. She wore clothes she can wear over and over again. Minimal makeup everything just looks clean and filled with so much love. I wish her all the best.

36. Pat

November 17, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I wonder what the comment session would be like If she wasn’t a celeb or known to be wealthy . Some myopic “mentalities” will be saying she doesn’t have money that why she had such wedding.

37. Efee

November 17, 2014 at 6:56 pm

[email protected] Mrs Diamond….you so right! If it were a Naija couple that did this the abuse and insults would have been endless.
    My only issue with the deep plunge was that you could see her nips in some pictures….that distraction was not needed!

38. ACE

November 17, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Just doesn’t feel like a wedding to me… Nothing romantic or loving or “weddiny” more like a baptism of sorts, or like an initiation or some rite!!

39. oose

November 17, 2014 at 10:49 pm

#weird …not sure why?

40. the realist

November 17, 2014 at 11:17 pm

well done Solange, just goes to show that because you are rich it doesnt mean you have to waste money on your wedding day, be classy and have fun, instead of wasting 3million naira stolen money on alcohol for a wedding day…smh

41. Wale

November 17, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Is Solange Cool or What? C-L-A-S-S!!!

42. jummai

November 18, 2014 at 4:24 pm

abi ooo tell them, aproko people

43. oy

November 20, 2014 at 12:16 pm

the picture that has all of them in white standing in a hall looks like an illuminati wedding ,lols, with the patched walls that seem like they hid themselevs from the world, and how come dem no dey smile. Hian!