Every time I ask my gym members what part of the body they really want to work out, the abdominals is a no-brainer. Around the world, many people are drawn to core exercises, but mostly for vanity reasons. We all see fitness models with 6-pack abs, and gravitate towards that visual. A good-looking mid section is a perfectly justifiable reason to focus on working out the abs, but did you know that there are many more benefits to having a strong core?
Aside from flattening and strengthening your tummy, great ab workouts target your body’s core, and help to improve everyday functions. Common benefits include:
– Strengthening the lower back, and reducing lower back pain
– Improving certain brain functions that target coordination and balance
– Reducing stress and tension which allow for greater flexibility
– Allowing for better breathing
– Increasing athletic ability and overall strength
With such an important role to play in our everyday lives, it is important that we keep our ab workouts interesting and fun. Check out these great workout routines that you can enjoy while jamming to your favorite
Abs – Oritse Femi – Double Wahala
Lower Abs/Obliques – Davido – Aye.
Pushups/Core – P-Square feat. Don Jazzy – Collabo
Photo Credit: Two Twenty Photography