BellaNaijarians! Here’s a special opportunity for you to be a part of the change you want to see.
Are you between the age of 20 and 30? Do you have unique entrepreneurial and leadership traits? Would you like to be involved with a group with positive values which reflect a commitment to changing the world? If yes, then, the Lagos Hub of the World Economic Forum Global Shapers is looking for you!
Here’s an excerpt of the press release:
The Global Shapers make up the latest of the World Economic Forum’s communities. It is a network of over 1700 members developed and led by young leaders dedicated to making a lasting contribution to their community through social entrepreneurship. Each of the 277 city-based Hubs undertake activities that have a positive impact on their local community. Hubs from around the world also collaborate on projects with more global scope, as well as share ideas on effective local projects. Shapers are also involved in cross-mentoring with other World Economic Forum communities, notably the Young Global Leaders.
The Lagos Hub meets officially at least once a month, to design, coordinate and implement the Hub’s projects. They also work together on broader initiatives with other hubs from the same country and abroad. Members are expected to attend at least 80% of the Hub’s meetings, serve on the steering committee of at least one project, and assist on all other projects under the aegis of the Lagos Hub.
For more information of the Lagos Hub of the WEF Global Shapers, click HERE.
So what qualities should prospective applicants have?
• Should ideally come from the sectors mentioned above, but all excellent candidates from all other backgrounds and sectors will also be considered.
• Are expected to have already demonstrated their creativity and abilities, such as through launching or completing a major initiative, founding a company or organization, or innovating within a major organization in a way that improves society at large;
• Are encouraged to demonstrate the unique perspective, experiences, and skills that you would bring to the group;
• Will be reviewed based not only on individual achievements but also their ability to contribute to the Lagos Hub and the Global Shaper Community at large.
• Must between 20 and 30 years old as of February 28, 2015. (Applicants who are 19 or 31 as of February 28 are not eligible.)
To apply, Click HERE