Scoop

Toke Makinwa Receives Surprise Flowers & Visit from Hubby + New Sultry Pictures for Her Birthday

Toke-Makinwa-Promo-Pictures-October2014-BellaNaija003Media personality Toke Makinwa is celebrating her birthday today and she has been receiving so much love on social media from her friends and her colleagues in the entertainment industry.

For her birthday Toke released new pictures, taken by Moussa Moussa, where she looks quite pretty at 30. The Rhythm FM presenter also received a surprise visit from her husband Maje Ayida while she was on air as he came to drop off a bouquet of flowers, a card and a quick kiss.

A quick kiss

A quick kiss

Flowers!!

Flowers!!

Cake from HipTV

Cake from HipTV

We are sure that Toke is certainly having a good day as she has been looking forward (and preparing) for her birthday.

Maje shared a throwback picture of Toke on his Instagram and captioned it “Birthday girl! Congratulations on the big milestone. What you have achieved for yourself is nothing short of spectacular. I have witnessed your evolution and it’s truly inspiring. Your work ethic and drive should be studied as a course in making dreams come true! God is working in your life, may you continue to grow and achieve all your heart desires, in the mighty name of Jesus. This picture is a representation of the start of your journey, the end is yet to be written.”

Check out her new pictures!

Toke-Makinwa-Promo-Pictures-October2014-BellaNaija001 Toke-Makinwa-Promo-Pictures-October2014-BellaNaija002 Toke-Makinwa-Promo-Pictures-October2014-BellaNaija004 Toke-Makinwa-Promo-Pictures-October2014-BellaNaija005 Toke-Makinwa-Promo-Pictures-October2014-BellaNaija006

1. Free mind

November 3, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Happy bday Mrs!! Sorry you look older than 30

• Colour Purple

November 3, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Why are you like this ehn? All this negativity, has it made you finer? Smh

• ada nnewi

November 3, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Purple don’t mind d sad excuse for a woman…Happy Birthday Toke!!! Live Long and Prosper!

• Sagittarius

November 3, 2014 at 8:22 pm

She looks older because she wears too much makeup often and Contouring. (Maybe she’s competing with Nkiru …) Anyway, I bet she looks younger with less makeup on.

• Just me

November 3, 2014 at 8:39 pm

That was the first thought that came to my head. She just turned 30. I thought she was older…hmmmmm

Happy birthday to her.

• Baby

November 3, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Like this will add zeros to your miserable account balance…….we really don’t care. Keep yakking the same shit everyday but she keeps soaring….mschweeeeeew

• Ferrari

November 4, 2014 at 10:04 am

I love her but I must say she looks 10 years older than 30!!

• Susan

November 4, 2014 at 12:54 pm

In as much as I’m not a fan of this girl and her personality, I can’t comprehend why she gets scrutinised like this. Aren’t you guys tired?
      For those saying wiki is saying she’s older, etc, anyone can put a biography of anyone on wiki, not all information you get there is legit.
      People are fond of telling you how old you are. You say you’re a particular age, people say you’re older or younger. It’s agitating.
      The other day at the salon, the lady was bent on my age being 14 after I repeatedly told her I’m 21. Let her be, please. Goodness!
      Happy Birthday, Toke. Ignore the nasty comments.
      Ps- BN, I like you new way of throwing shade oh, kuse.

• Miami

November 5, 2014 at 3:14 pm

As in!!! Without my heels and extensions, I do not like taking a stroll within my estate. Cos all the high school kids would whistle as I walk by. Theyw ould eb starring and slowing down with their music blaring from the radio. I’d just be like: WTF??!! I actually do look 14 in my night wear. So I do not blame them.

• obi-talk

November 4, 2014 at 1:04 pm

thats a lie she does not, how can u say that. Even you know thats untrue, I actually thot she was a small girl, as in in her twenties

• Sue

November 9, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Lemme say this for the last time, toke was my classmate in secondary / high school, she is 30 or even 29. Guys, cut her some slack, even if she made a mistake somewhere, wiki is unreliable, even haters can edit it, make up has just made toke look older

2. Olori Tari

November 3, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Happy birthday Tok-Star-with-a-doubleR (Tokstarr). *in your voice* … I don’t know you personally but in my head you are gorg and you slay. You def seem like the perfect gist partner. I’m a fan of your radio show. I actually LOVE the combination of you and Nanya – thanks to TuneIn Radio. God bless you today and beyond! Long live chatter box Toke!

3. Nessa

November 3, 2014 at 6:23 pm

How can someone slash 4 whole years out of their age? Toke was 19 years old in 1999 when we graduated from high school, how then is she 30 in 2014? And how does a lie like this work, does her “husband” not know her real age or is he in on the facade?

• Beau

November 3, 2014 at 6:41 pm

My dear, get a job.

• JimmyFawks

November 3, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Are you intentionally ignorant or is it that you are too dumb to see ‘Toke’ is in the limelight, but unlike most of her smart co-celebs, keeps doing the darndest thing possible to sink her flourishing, but wildly ridiculed career?

Joan Rivers (of blessed memory) was in her 80s when she passed away, and was still quite famous for her craft. So why on earth will this very unrealistic individual reduce her age by up to 4 years, not even one/two years, four good years (not that it even makes any sense at all) in an industry such as entertainment?

I might have understood with her if she were to be a civil servant or a government-affiliate worker, but c’mon toke! Who TF* checkmates your real/fake age in entertainment?

LAST BULLET: What’s even saddening is that her so-called husband can’t even see through the high dosage of fakeness in this lady…

Well! What more could i possibly say? HAPPY 30TH Birthday Toke! Look forward to yet another 30th birthday come 2015…

Yours truly,
      A friend of friend’s friend…

• CocoI

November 3, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Lol! I have seen at least two interviews where Toke herself said she was 19 in 1999 when she got her first job before Uni. I have to admit, I kind of admire the way she lies with so much ease. There in no shame in her game and it takes a lot of balls to make things up as you go. Happy Birthday Toke!

• Hmmmmm

November 3, 2014 at 6:55 pm

You are such a liar!!!!! She didn’t leave FGGC Oyo at the age of 19. She left at 15+, and turned 16 November of the same year. By the way, if you really attend the same school how many people can you point to that finished at the age of 19????? Stop hating! If you want to say she looks older, it’s a different thing but don’t make up fake age to make her look bad.

• Becca

November 3, 2014 at 9:00 pm

She didn’t have to finish school at 19 to enter uni at the same age! She could have finished @ 16 & spent a few years jamming JAMB.

• kiki

November 3, 2014 at 9:31 pm

but if she actually finished high school 16 or 17..
      based on my calculation she should be 31 or 32…

• Jay

November 4, 2014 at 8:54 am

My dear I am also very alarmed oh!!! Toke was 2 years my junior and I knew her very well. She was a baby. 1 am 32 now. Her older sister Ope was a year younger than myself.
      And also she was always light skinned, even lighter than the majority.
      Kai, sour belly people be writing an epistle just be bring someone down.

Nessa, HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE 19 in SS3 in FEGGO??? Even ruthissa was not 19, Haba!!!! Liar liar pants on fire.

• Duchess

November 3, 2014 at 7:00 pm

lmfao! My naija people won’t let lies slip past them. Badoo!

• babe

November 3, 2014 at 7:19 pm

it is none of your business

• NaijaPikin

November 3, 2014 at 8:13 pm

oh puleaseeee stop with the lies. How can she graduate secondary school at 19 in naija. pple graduate between 15 – 17. So stop with the lies.

I actually like this hair on her. looks nice

• Just me

November 3, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Interesting!!!!
      Nigerians and age issues, i still do not know why Nigerians like to either increase their age or reduce their age depending on the circumstance.
      Oh well, she said she is 30, hubby says 30 on birthday card, so i guess argument is over. LOL!

• jules

November 3, 2014 at 9:01 pm

nope she wasn’t and please let’s all try to celebrate when women achieve something. I graduated in 1999 too and toke wasn’t 19.

• Sansey

November 3, 2014 at 9:48 pm

All you guys want to do is hate. Who finishes high school in naija @ 19? Ah ah even if she was an olodo wwhich obviously she is not!

• oj

November 4, 2014 at 7:40 am

actually, one of my seniors in sec school graduated @ 21 (back then, reagan was a government sch), so it’s possible. altho nowadays, i don’t think it’s possible except maybe in the north

• Do

November 3, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Toke was born 1984. We were both in same house Moremi house at FGGC.

• Eniola

November 4, 2014 at 2:56 am

Wow! you sound really sad. The average graduation age from high school in Nigeria is 16 years old and if thats right, she’ll be just the age she is celebrating today which is 30. Please stop looking for ways to be negative and ask God to give you a different hobby.

November 4, 2014 at 10:05 am

Her hubby sent her a card for 30 year old n u r still saying she is not 30 … R u not tired of hating nessa …

• FinchleysFinest

November 4, 2014 at 1:04 pm

abi oo.. I taya for some people… If she’s 50 and she’s claiming 30 biko abeg leave her na….

• Beegal

November 4, 2014 at 11:06 am

Toke’s older sister was in ma class in Uni and she’s 32. Can’t we just all get along. It’s her birthday!

• Ibukun

November 5, 2014 at 5:07 am

HA AN! Agbaya Ni e! 19 years old when you graduated high school koo 50 when you graduated uni niii. i’m sure you kept repeating and repeating in the class but in your disillusioned mind everybody else was static like you. Monkey!

• Green

November 6, 2014 at 3:07 pm

How could she have been 19 in SS3, not in my generation when we had students graduating at 15 and 16. All am saying is “get a life”

• cos I say so

November 7, 2014 at 12:31 am

So aunty when people were graduating at 15 and 16… Toke was 19
      So pls gimmi full gyst what happened? Did she repeat twice or her parents forgot when it was time to send her to school
      Awon gbegborun Ede rora… I carry hand and borom for you!!!

• wen

November 9, 2014 at 3:39 am

Cos I say so….so u. mean everyone graduated at 15 and 16??am wowed because u are so lost!

• wen

November 9, 2014 at 3:37 am

Official age I believe

• Sue

November 9, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Nessa, I put it to you that u are a famzer and impostor, u were definitely not in our secondary school, cos toke was one of the smallest in our set, and her elder sister was also in that set, I dare you to name tokes friends in the school or even anything about the school, desperate cheap liar you are

4. NIBU

November 3, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Happy Birthday Toke 🙂

5. wendu

November 3, 2014 at 6:50 pm

I admire people or celebrity that come out with their real age (Rita, Kate Henshaw, Monalisa and a few others ) any how your high school mates are the ones that can tell your true age . I like Toke but she doesn’t look any thing 30 in fact I will pass her for late 30’s or 40’s. ……..anyway .happy birthday

• Africhic

November 4, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Not true, i know for sure her older sister is 31 or 32 years old.

Even if she’s older how does it affect you. Do you feel better about yourself when you try to put people down?

6. bake

November 3, 2014 at 6:52 pm

50 shades of Toke (coke, fanta and sprite)!!!!!!!! happy bday if I were you, I would never have approved of these pix………..believe me this is constructive

7. walrus

November 3, 2014 at 6:58 pm

My goodness! Why do people feel the need to always say stupid stuff. Wish her a happy birthday or keep quiet! Ugh.

8. chifred

November 3, 2014 at 7:04 pm

You people here are making me laugh.toke looks 30 to me ooo.happy birthday toke.u deserve!

9. Missy J

November 3, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Haaah Bella BBC Naija, so where is the throwback pic he shared? You were able to lift the message but forgot the picture….nawa on! Awww that was really sweet of [email protected] the surprise visit

10. Leah

November 3, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I have to give it to Toke on this one, with way she lies I thought she would say 25 not 30. She at the very least owned up to 30 years and that is a good thing when it comes to Toke. You have to take it easy on the bleaching then because you don’t look 30 at all but, you are whatever you say you are…… Happy Birthday.

11. VeryAngryNigerian

November 3, 2014 at 7:12 pm

Bur wait…. even if she turned 16 same year 1999, she should be tati-wan not tati na…….
    So that means she left high school at 14 going on 15, mehn she must have been a smart ass oo…must ppl graduate high school 16 +/- 1
    wor u ppl no stress my brain jare…..

• WhyAreSomePeopleAngry

November 4, 2014 at 1:01 am

There were people in my set that graduated at 14/15….they weren’t the smartest, but they still finished at that age.

• Miami

November 5, 2014 at 3:24 pm

I turned 15 after my SSCE in August, 2003. I got into secondary school shortly after my 8th birthday. Yes I was THAT SMART. Two double promotions in primary school. So, don’t judge.

• Person

November 4, 2014 at 7:24 am

I turned 15 the year AFTER I left high school: left at 14+. You people should free Toke abeg!!!

• Ibukun

November 5, 2014 at 5:10 am

I graduated high school 14 going on 15! please not everybody was stagnant! deal with it! se your mouth is long you know how to calculate maths but make silly comments right?? mschew

12. Kilian O.

November 3, 2014 at 7:19 pm

I swear this woman told Ebuka and Liz Yemoja that she was 19 in 99′. If her mouth is moving, she is lieing. Man I hate chics that are this fake.

13. O

November 3, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Happy Birthday Toke. So nice of her husband 🙂

14. zee

November 3, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Evil pipo everywhere!Happr birthday Toke

15. viva

November 3, 2014 at 7:50 pm

HBD wish you all d bst

16. Pat

November 3, 2014 at 8:14 pm

“…..where she looks quite pretty at 30” The writer of this article is something else LOL.

• tunmi

November 3, 2014 at 9:41 pm

I swear ehn…so many ways of taking the piss

• Mz Socially Awkward....

November 3, 2014 at 9:44 pm

It’s the new BN, where the shading is now on NICON umbrella levels.

Happy Birthday, Tok Starr.

• Ib

November 3, 2014 at 10:23 pm

As in! I thought I was the only one that caught that shade. BN be throwing it anyhow.

• Iris

November 4, 2014 at 7:21 am

LMAO I thought I was the only one who read that. Honestly these days I can’t tell whether BN is throwing subtle shade or just making some awkward sentences by mistake.
      Nothing new here- somebody celebrates a birthday and predictably the Age Police shows up in droves like they are being paid to say the person is older. In other news somebody abeg tell me what kind of weave this girl has on na. It’s all kinds of awesome.

17. stacie

November 3, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Like Alex O sang… “you fit celebrate 21 today say last time na 22, the next one fit be 20 so just bubble n shuffle and forget about your age”. Enough with this age talk already. What matters is that she’s alive to celebrate it. Happy birthday Toke!

18. Observer

November 3, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Toke needs to update her age on wikipedia though, cause her profile still says she was born in 1980 🙂 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toke_Makinwa

• kermit the frog

November 3, 2014 at 10:28 pm

my dear.. im observing with you oh.. its none of my business tho

• baboushka

November 3, 2014 at 11:26 pm

you go fear investigative journalism hahahaha well done Observer this made my day!

• benny

November 4, 2014 at 3:16 am

Ahhhhhhhhh! Mogbe… happy birthday Toke 🙁

• Ceetoo

November 4, 2014 at 10:41 am

Anybody can go to Wiki and put information about you… does not mean it is correct. so Wiki is not a VERY reliable source, cos it is open to every and anybody to update.

• Me

November 4, 2014 at 10:49 am

Liar… it reads November 3, 1984. U guys should stop hating and go achieve something for yourselves…

19. baboushka

November 3, 2014 at 8:41 pm

The saying your are only as old as you think you are was clearly meant for Nigerian celebs ! The internet never forgets remember that when all dem born 1984s celebs will be celebrating their 35th birthdays in ten years time!

20. Wonder Woman

November 3, 2014 at 9:04 pm

While you all are busy hating, she’s busy making it. This is just cyber bullying. This is a just a young girl trying to hustle. She def looks 30. Even if she isn’t telling the truth, how is that anyone’s business? He who is without sin should cast the first stone. I didn’t know who she was but the amount of hate and venom poured towards her made me curious and guess what, it’s making her more popular by the day so ride on haters. Btw she is not my friend, don’t know her personally but kind of fed up with all the bitching. # free her jo

21. Oriola

November 3, 2014 at 9:40 pm

This girls tries way tooo hard to be like or look like Kim Kardashian. Please quit while at it. There is only one Kim. Just be you. *Mtcheew*

• Baby

November 3, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Must u people always be stupid? What has she done here that looks like Kim? A hater who is also stupid is double wahala…..lol….Kim ko Kim ni

22. blaze

November 3, 2014 at 10:02 pm

People should leave Toke alone. Just wish her happy birthday and move on. She is 30. We went to FGGC Oyo together and she was my 2/3years senior in school and same class with her senior sister then in idia house.Then, she was really young for her class but believe me it was all ok. Along the line, discovered that those wjo called me aunty in school are months older than i am. So people move on. It not a lie. Happy birthday Toke!

23. ifepe nnennia

November 3, 2014 at 10:09 pm

How can toke be compared with kim.Toke is hardworking;I admire her courage and strength.despite the hatred my girl is still in the limelight making her cool cash and smiling to the bank.if you think she is fake;I m sorry to disappiont you her hubby loves her the way she is.please can we stop hating and celebrate with people for once.the more bad comments made about toke the more popular she becomes.Happy birthday Pretty Toke.I don’t know you but I admire your courage.may God continue to bless your home

• LILO

November 6, 2014 at 6:29 am

Cool cash wey no gree afford them proper wedding? Guys only throw surprise weddings for ‘osanle’ girls…no decency to even carry yam go their village. Cool cash my arse. Iro ti poju

24. A is for apple

November 3, 2014 at 10:34 pm

But why is her Wikki saying she was born in 1980 na???

• Susan

November 4, 2014 at 12:49 pm

In as much as I don’t like her, anyone can update anything on wiki. Please let her rest. I don’t understand Nigerians, someone will tell you how old they are, you’d say no, she’s older or younger. I went to the spa last week and the the lady blow-drying my hair was bent on the fact I’m 14, after I repeatedly told her I’m 21. It’s annoying.
      Happy Birthday, Toke!

• me

November 5, 2014 at 10:15 am

she was just complementing your good looks. dont take it so literally. like duh

25. ObnoxiousMe

November 3, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Go go Toke it’s ur birthday! So my nosy ass when to YouTube and wiki, you did say in those interviews that you were nineteen in 1999 and the wiki page you created yourself says you were born in 1980. That makes you 34 not 30. So Tokstar you might want to change your wiki info, remove the videos and start keeping up with the lies *wink*.

• baboushka

November 3, 2014 at 11:43 pm

hahahhaha you guys are something else! This is the problem with lying once you start you have to keep track of all your lies lest they catch up with you hehehe these comments are making my day! I am sure someone has already downloaded those videos for future reference lol

• WhyAreSomePeopleAngry

November 4, 2014 at 1:03 am

Gezz! Can you just let it be? Just celebrate with the girl and move on! I bet you also have some things that are “secret” to you too…

• NaijaPikin

November 4, 2014 at 6:38 pm

So why didn’t you post the youtube link on here? Be lying your a** off

26. bake

November 3, 2014 at 10:51 pm

@ observer i have been laughing since…….checked wilkipedia now…smh for some people o

27. prynced

November 3, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Ok Oh. Happy birthday to u Toks dearie bt truth is I don’t really get it why some celebs confuse, confound and decieve ur fans bout their DOB, haba!!! See! Wiki said 1980, google said 1985 and today ure saying 1984 (30yrs). issorai there is God oh cz even if u were born 1975, u still look stunning, so stop confusing urself with unnecessary lies and no matter the year u were born, it doesn’t really matter. wish u the very best out of life.

28. janetheo

November 3, 2014 at 11:50 pm

I have laffing since oooooo anyways hearty b.day but like I see&commented,you don’t look [email protected] thou age is nothing but numbers,come2think of it even if you said 35 which I suppose should be your real age it still wouldn’t have change your personality.

29. Ij

November 3, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Wow, I checked Wikipedia too. Conflicting information. Bottom line, Nigerians can’t be trusted

30. JOHN SCOTT underworld

November 3, 2014 at 11:57 pm

happy birthday toke makinwa,wishing you more goodies of the earth,i know you to be a blessing to humanity and one of the treasures of this earth you are a great landmark to the living.much love #BIG#SISTER#AUNTY#AND#FRIEND#GOD BE WITH [email protected]

31. aurora

November 4, 2014 at 12:15 am

na wa o. such a blatant and bold faced lie. and her husband is keeping up with her.
    shes definitely not 30.
    if she was 16 in 1999, then shes 31
    since she used her mouth to tell us she was 19 in 1999, then shes 34
    was gonna wish her a happy birthday anyway,
    but i doubt very much if her birthday is truly November 3rd.

smh. i cant.

32. Noseyparker

November 4, 2014 at 12:25 am

Seeing if her wiki will change. still showing 1980
    (This page was last modified on 3 November 2014 at 15:46.)

• nikky

November 4, 2014 at 11:38 am

it has been modified again ooo… “This page was last modified on 4 November 2014 at 09:43.”.. own your age biko… from 1980 to 1985 now its 1984..whatever mehnn… happy birthday if it is actually your birthday cs all d lies ehn… *sips lipton tea*

• lady deelicious

November 4, 2014 at 11:53 am

hahaha i saw this too….it was edited a few hours ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ah ahnnnnnn kilode is there any need to lie…… the truth is if indeed she’s 30 she needs a better moisturizer…….this tea thou….it aint none of our bizness

33. Daisy

November 4, 2014 at 12:36 am

Happy birthday to her. I think this is the nicest thing I ever thought about her

34. amh

November 4, 2014 at 1:08 am

Happy birthday beautiful toke. From the comments above. I presume most of d comments are juvenile kids with fish brain.dont think any reasonable person can focus on mundane things like her age n keep ranting. Wonder why 11yrs n 12 yrs old are allowed to comment on bella. 2 many juvy silly kids commenting.its a turnoff.

35. Anita...

November 4, 2014 at 1:09 am

Sigh… a persons birthday is not the time to throw vitriol at them. Maybe her husband just cldnt find a card that said “Happy 34th Bday” or whatever. In any case happy birthday Toke

36. cherry

November 4, 2014 at 1:50 am

whether she is 30 or not i don’t see any big deal in it, and if her husband agrees with her on that what is the problem???’ biko’ you people should leave her alone its not like its any of your business anyway..Happy birthday toke!! many more years ahead.

37. vheeki

November 4, 2014 at 1:58 am

Haa! Toke this is ‘ikuku’ on your ‘ike! You have to adjust the lie somewhere B. Happy Birthday!

38. kokoqueen

November 4, 2014 at 2:50 am

🙂

39. funmi oguns

November 4, 2014 at 5:46 am

U guys are so pathetic!!! How many of you guys got flower or cake for their birthday!!!

40. jojo

November 4, 2014 at 7:13 am

peep,peep stop hating and just believe the fact that toke is going high……for ur own information the wikipedia is showing that Toke was born in 1985!!!

41. John

November 4, 2014 at 7:27 am

Her Wiki page was last modified on 3 November 2014 at 15:46. I really don’t know why people feel so ashamed of their ages OMG! Toke please own up…

• nikky

November 4, 2014 at 11:14 am

• nwanyi na aga aga

November 4, 2014 at 12:55 pm

You know I can modify that page without toke. You ppl should allow the girl be. If she says she is 30 please accept na or dont wish her a happy birthday.
      Anyway Happy Belated Birthday Toke. I have followed you from when a certain blogger rubbished you on her blog till now. That experienced really brought you to the lime lite i assure you. All I cant say is that God has been blessing you immensely. You have gotten more awards, more endorsements etc believe me I didn’t know you before that issue. So sister you must be doing something right cos the grace is really available for you. Make use of this new dawn in your life to better in areas you need improvement and keep shinning.

• hahaha

November 4, 2014 at 2:54 pm

funny enough, when someone said it was edited, i took a screen shot. I have the screen shot of 1980. Now it is 1984.

Believe you me, before the end of today, it would have been edited 20 times and the last would be 1990

She’s just 24 you people, common!

• cos I say so

November 7, 2014 at 6:29 am

U know ANYBODY can modify wikipedia

42. Person

November 4, 2014 at 7:27 am

Jees. Nigerians and cyber-bullying! smh.

Happy birthday Tokstarr!! May you light keep shining!

43. Tosin

November 4, 2014 at 7:47 am

Scorpio: Innately powerful, pains-in-the-ass. Can use these strengths for great things or for nothing great.

44. Gil

November 4, 2014 at 7:54 am

I have never seen anyone that finished high school in Nigeria at 19. Even ppl from the village

• Ibukun

November 5, 2014 at 5:18 am

Thank you! even with double repetition! 19 ke…it is so funny to say somebody finished high school at 19 in Nigeria

45. Rivers Blondie

November 4, 2014 at 8:00 am

Happy birthday Toke… But you’re 32 not 30… Abeg Na.. Stop lying with the age… People embrace their age these days.. Hope u won’t be 30 next year again…

46. anne

November 4, 2014 at 8:16 am

what a controversy…atleast change/update your date of birth on wikipedia to 3 November 1984. it still states 1980 which gives basis to some of the claims from previous commenters. happy bday

47. ekalor

November 4, 2014 at 8:31 am

Dear all,
    Please remember that Wikipedia can be edited by ANYONE… We all KNOW that is not the most reliable source of information
    PS… Why are we all happy with saying she is older than she claims, could it be that she has truly done well for herself… Guys’ come on, the ridicule needs to stop PLEASE…. let’s stop bringing her husband in every single thing… it soooo disrespectful

• halja

November 4, 2014 at 8:51 am

@ekalor- i echo you on your letter . The comments are actually kinda crazy. I was smh at the negative comments and the actual agreement to some of the negativity. Makes me wonder if people are just trolling, miserable and just can’t be happy for someone on their Bday, or just plain spiteful. I mean kim k comparison, wiki “researchers” , etc is no short of foolery. She’s built and is building a brand for herself, is married, and she’s got personality. So obviously she must be doing something right. Happy birthday Toke! #sheswinnin

• Ewa

November 4, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Sweety, why isn’t anybody just editing the information of well know people and celebrities on Wikipedia. My dear little things like this do matter. Imagine if she was running for a political post in the US for example, This age difference would have raised a storm. She had her brand image and name to protect.

48. Halia

November 4, 2014 at 8:52 am

C’est Moi ^^^^^^ (weird posting issues)

49. okwusi gloria

November 4, 2014 at 8:54 am

i love u toke and i wish u heaven sugar,

50. baboushka

November 4, 2014 at 9:19 am

Lol so people are still arguing about her age when the YouTube interviews where she said with her own mouth she was 19 in 1999 are still up and have been downloaded for future reference and can still be reuploaded should they be pulled down are still there hahaha Team Toke is in full force lol Bella abeg stop swallowing my comments ogini?

51. Uche140

November 4, 2014 at 9:41 am

I’m 25 presently but when people want to guess my age they always say 28-30; this means i have an older face and it makes me sad. If u people are busy guessing age based on different things you see; i would say you are wrong. She is not the first to shorten age?? Even some people increase their age for different purposes; just because she is in the limelight doesnt mean you all know her life. People she went to school with are saying 30; if you want to know her real age and continue your career in investigative Journalism, abeg go ask her MaMa. Thank you All. Happy birthday Tokstarr……..

52. sum1special

November 4, 2014 at 9:57 am

love how mature her and her husband’s relationship is….Happy birthday Toke. Keep climbing the ladder of success.

53. some hater

November 4, 2014 at 10:03 am

funny thing is Toke has a baby face, she even looks younger than 30 sef. can you compare her facially with Gbemi O.O? nah fam!
    She is what age she says she is, people need to transfer all that energy used in dissecting people’s lives to making theirs better.
    Awon haters oshi! mschew.

54. lonely girl

November 4, 2014 at 10:15 am

Kai, why do people just feel they should type and type rubbish if I must say? I am not a Toke fan but my, I cant knock off her hustle! Do I know Toke? yeah from a distance. UNILAG days, English Language dept , Moremi things. Does she like ” notice me?” NO she LOVES notice me. Has she always been ” white” ? YES . Does she like kim, yup but before Kim came Angelina Jolie but beyond that is a down to earth lady, and hardworking too. Don’t know how she did it but am happy she achieved her goal _ TO BE FAMOUS. @ Toke, I wish you the very best in life children and love. I pray the next decade sees you fulfilling destiny as I pray that God sees you through. Happy 30th birthday.

55. Berry Dakara

November 4, 2014 at 10:19 am

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you people won’t kill me with laughter o!

I listen to her and Nanya in the mornings and they keep me entertained. I dunno how old she is, but I think she’s young at heart, for what it’s worth. Happy belated birthday.

berrydakara.blogspot.com

56. Ewa

November 4, 2014 at 10:41 am

Happy birthday Toke. That aside, image is key in business. If you want to lie, please lie very well. On your Wikipedia page, you need to go and “”down-dated” your year of birth to 1984 to reflect your current age of 30 years dear. Presently, you are 34 on Wikipedia. How people for take you serious nah?

• Ewa

November 4, 2014 at 10:44 am

Abeg o , na “down date”” i wan write o. Make una no crucify me.. The thing just dey do me how person fit dey lie like this.. Na wa

57. jhennique

November 4, 2014 at 11:50 am

THE THINGS PEOPLE DO!!!! MY FELLOW NIGERIANS, HOW MANY OF YOU SITTING THERE POINTING FINGERS AT TOKE ARE LIVING TRUTHFUL LIVES. WHY ARE WE LIKE THIS????? TURNUNG DETECTIVE ONTOP TOKE MATTER BECOS OF WHAT? ARE YOU THAT JOBLESS? WHY? JUST WHY?
    LIKE SERIOUSLY HOW DO U SLEEP WITH THIS MUCH HAATE? I HVE NO BUSINESS WITH TOKE, IM NOT HER MATE OR HER FRIEND BUT I JUST WONDER SHA, I JUST WONDER!
    IF YOU PUT THIS MUCH ZEAL INTO YOUR LIVES YOU ALL WOULD PROBABLY BE HALF AS SUCCESSFUL AS SHE IS. 30 OR 40, WHAT IS IT TO YOU? IS IT YOUR AGE?
    LIKE MOST OF YOU HAVNT ALTERED YOUR AGES FOR THE SAKE OF JOBS. TOO MAY POTS ON HERE TRYING TO MURDER A HUSTLING KETTLE. GOD PLS BE WITH YOU ALL

• halia

November 5, 2014 at 1:28 am

Thank you Jhennique! Echo you. Similar point I was trying to verbalize above! Xoxo

58. Funx

November 4, 2014 at 11:53 am

Some people need to let this girl be. I became a fan cuz people criticized her so much. She is doing good for herself. She better pass those girls wey no fit hustle on their own. If I be man, na this kind woman I go like because she has the drive to do something positive with her life. The sky is your starting point girl. You do look your age. Never mind the haters ignore them till they fade away.

59. grace

November 4, 2014 at 12:04 pm

happy birthday tokstarr

60. nish

November 4, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Free this lady naa,…dis u all re sayin cud run her life……(Plz help her)…HBD TOKS

61. misusfab

November 4, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Never a dull moment on Bella Naija. hehehehehe

62. Ama Asante

November 4, 2014 at 1:05 pm

I am not even Nigerian…I am Ghanaian and reading the comments above I am so shocked and applalled at the hateful comments on here. I love Toke Makinwa, from her Instagram page to her YouTube channel,I always come away from her social media pages learning something from her. Yes you may not agree with everything she does but that’s not your business to judge, just learn from her. There was a line in her husband’s birthday greeting that touched me so much that I paused to reflect on it. He said “Your work ethic and drive should be studied as a course in making dreams come true!”. You haters seemed to have missed that part. I took serious notes on that. Instead of celebrating your own…you keep hating…other people who are not Nigerian like me are watching her closely and learning and taking notes as she rises. I am not surprised though, even the Bible did say that in Mark 6:4 that “Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.”. So Toke keep doing your thing…don’t let the haters stop you, they are just fulfilling scripture just in the wrong way that’s all. My heartfelt prayer to GOD for you as you celebrate your birthday is that the Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His peace always-Numbers 6:24-26. Your work ethic inspires me so much. I am watching and learning. Thank you so much for being an inspiration to me.

• Hurperyeahmie

November 4, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I liked your comment 40 times, Happy birthday to Toke

63. nihinlola

November 4, 2014 at 1:32 pm

oga o! toke has got yall debating back n forth. d babe says she’s 30. move on!

64. iyke

November 4, 2014 at 1:51 pm

So so bad at the level of hate against this young lady. Damn….Nigerians, why are you guys so bitter?
    95% of these hateful comments are from young ladies who are supposed to lift one another up. What happened to the so called ‘ Girl Power’?Half of you don’t even know this young lady.Why do you all have to do this? And tomorrow you start calling God ET AL….
    Listen up people, Toke doesn’t need the satisfaction of your restrained regard…held hostage by your hateful heart… You fear her ease of way to be…you envy her because she gives herself permission to be present and free. The song she sings”gets on your nerves,” you’d like to ignore the melody heard… Why her happiness bothers you so much…her joy you feel is an oppressive curse… It’s so strange how life lived outside of you…frightens and angers “the hell out of you…”
    As you all HATERS are living your pain, leave her alone to live her dreams.
    Dear Toke, though I don’t agree/subscribe to most of your vlogs, I want you to be strong and know that there will always be those who will look to find fault in the simplest things you do…while others generously embrace you…and see only that which defines your best self…
    Keep challenging yourself to find the inner voice of responsibility and reason within yourself… Character is not a gift…it is the personal power you create in a world that owes you nothing…
    Keep doing YOU……You owe yourself that!

65. About me

November 4, 2014 at 3:04 pm

I was born in 2010
    i am 2years old
    I had my masters degree when i was 8years old
    oh, sorry i meant my kindergarten degree cos am just 2years
    i made my first million when i was barely 6
    Anyways, all no matter
    whether am 2, 4, 6 or 8
    wetin matter be say i lie for u all and u chop am

deal with it
    straight face

66. Blessmyheart

November 4, 2014 at 4:09 pm

As her husband said, one thing you can’t fault Toke is her work ethics, I think she works really hard. Happy birthday Toke, wish you all the best in life.

67. Tunmi

November 4, 2014 at 8:03 pm

This is not hating. This is calling out someone on their lies and bs. The women herself gave a different age. Wikipedia (claim it is u rleiabke all you want) has a different year. Little things like these is why Nigeria is how it is. Imagine a politician lying about their age or kyig about doing NYSC or falsifying college or NYSC documents, and some people defend them as hating or ‘she’s not the first to do it (a la Linda Ikeji). Wrong is wrong is wrong. There is no hating here.

Happy Birthday Toke and claim your age, abeg. It’s getting ridiculous.

68. Kili

November 4, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Dear Toke.
    In as much as I dont like ur vlog, I have watched you grow ( not that my opinion matters)
    I have realised tbat people just hate you for the fun of it.
    Wipe your tears, keep your head high and just block out all the negativity.
    Happy Birthday girl

69. Deep Soul

November 5, 2014 at 11:07 am

I was honestly surprised when I read she’s 30. I always thought she was older…maybe it’s the make-up or something. I Saw a pic of her on Instagram without make-up and she honestly looked wayyy younger. So I assume, it must be all that make up.

But if she says she’s 30, her husband even bought her a “30 card”, I just have to believe she really is 30!

WHy anyone will have to argue about how old she is baffles me. It’s possible she could have made a mistake when she said she was 19 in 1999. Please you guys shd let her be. If she’s done this much for herself at 30, then I salute her!!

Happy Birthday Toke!!

70. Anonymous

November 5, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Like seriously,who cares if she’s ten or thirty. Really,who? It’s her life,happy bday to her. Many more years of fruitfulness and success. Thank God for His grace on your life.

71. Osasodia1

November 5, 2014 at 11:47 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOKE, wishing u more n more exceeding grace to take u to higher heights, amen. Abeg today na ur day do plenty plenty shakara bcos na baba God do am for u ooooo, lolz.

72. Ajoke Thompson

November 6, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Dear Toke,
    You will never understand why people will say all things to spite you. Truth is, inside their sad lives they admire your prowess. I love the way you go after your dreams. I really respect you because you have taught me that no matter what people say, keep your head high. Thank You girl. Keep flying!

73. wen

November 9, 2014 at 4:28 am

Really Bella do u ever post my comment ssha becos koyemi oooo….another issue that’s bothering fast is ow kids grow up/age on the face(n body in some cases) so fast,where 13 year Olds are looking 18 and 15 lookin 20……my friends sisters both 24 and 21 looks older than me, even there sis at 27 looks older than me at 29….(probably my family gene but .i border it down to nature cheat me) but I see more chuldren looking older than their age nowadays and I weep…….God biko,i know u see what am typing even if Bella decide to use am do Maggi for her soup n decide not to post,…Baba u know my heart desire oluwa….,becos if Omotoke look her 30 wey she claim nobody go dey go Wiki n Co. go dey check am out,….