News

Big Brother Hotshots: Nigeria’s Tayo Comes in 2nd as Tanzania’s Idris Wins the BBA Title

Big Brother Hotshots - BellaNaija - December 2014

So close! The Big Brother Hotshots came to a close yesterday 7th December 2014, after 63 days in the house with Tanzania’s Idris emerging the winner.

The show kicked off with a show-stopping performance from 17 evicted housemates, who got the chance to remind the continent of their Hotshots credentials. The glamorous finale was a star-studded affair, also featuring performances by the One Campaign Artists, Nigerian star M.I. and South Africa’s Unathi Msengana. Even the Top 8 housemates got in on the action, with a performance of their own to sum up their time in the house!  IK Osakioduwa went straight into the evictions after the performances and announced that Butterphly and Ma’m Bea were first to leave the house; with JJ and Sipe leaving right after.

The 2nd performance by Nzonzi put the crowd at ease, after which IK welcomed Butterphly and Ma’m Bea unto the eviction stage. Butterphly expressed how she felt like crying and how the house brought out the real her; even though it took her long to adjust. Ma’m Bea held back and simply said she had learnt a lot during her stay in the house.

IK presented a medallion as gift from Biggie to the duo, saying it will help serve as a reminder that they made it to the finals.

Then IK welcomed Sipe and JJ and spoke to them on their BBA Hotshots experience.

Butterphly & Ma'm Bea leaving the BBA house

Butterphly & Ma’m Bea leaving the BBA house

Ik talking to Sipe & JJ on stage

Ik talking to Sipe & JJ on stage

Tayo & Idris in their last minutes in the house

Tayo & Idris in their last minutes in the house

Then it was time to pick the winner as a limo brought Nigeria’s Tayo & Tanzania’s Idris to the eviction stage. After watching a video clip of their 63-day experience in the BBA house, IK proceeded to ask them about their stay, the fight they had and what they did in the last days to secure the win.

Big Brother Hotshots - BellaNaija - December 2014003

On their fight they explained that it was water under the bridge, and Tayo said he was all about having fun in the house in the last week; he chilled for the past week as he felt he had done everything he had done already. Tayo then mentioned that if he won, he would give a “grand prize” to the woman who “walked into his house“. Idris said that he will “give the money back to Africa“.

After all the excitement, IK then opened the prediction envelope and announced Idris as the winner of Big brother Hotshots! He gets to walk away with $300,000 and the winning title.

Big Brother Hotshots - BellaNaija - December 2014002 Big Brother Hotshots - BellaNaija - December 2014001 Big Brother Hotshots - BellaNaija - December 2014004

Big Brother Hotshots - BellaNaija - December 2014005

IK congratulating Tayo on getting to the finals

Big Brother Hotshots - BellaNaija - December 2014006 Big Brother Hotshots - BellaNaija - December 2014007 Big Brother Hotshots - BellaNaija - December 2014009 Big Brother Hotshots - BellaNaija - December 20140010

Big Brother Hotshots - BellaNaija - December 20140013

Idris being lifted by the other BBA Hotshots housemates

Big Brother Hotshots - BellaNaija - December 20140011

Idris is already making his Press runs as the Big Brother Hotshots winner. Pictured here with Kuli Roberts of KayaFM.

Idris is already making his Press runs as the latest Big Brother Africa winner

We are very glad Tayo made it to the end of the game. Congratulations to Idris!

Photo Credit: @bigbrotherhotshots1 ~ @bigbro_africa ~

1. vicky

December 8, 2014 at 10:08 am

Just can’t believe that tayo did not win the money.so painful and am sad. Tayo I just hope you reading this and no that, this is not the end of the world,cause I saw so many great things in you just that africa never saw that.greater things are on the way and please never give up.wish you many endornsment so you can be with the mother of your son officially like you said…..kisses for your son…..

• caroline adhiambo

December 8, 2014 at 11:09 am

Tayo is too arrogant and aggressive for his own good. He had violent altercation s with almost everyone in the house.He was always so quick to react whenever he felt someone made a stale joke on him, yet whenever the others did the same he told them to go fuck themselves. He is so disrespectful to women, I wonder how he behaves with his mother, sisters n soon wife-to-be.He was always quick to admonish others that God would punish them, who the hell does he think he is! !? Oh yeah, wait! We know who the hell he is; Tayo, you are the rudest, most disrespectful, arrogant n aggressiv giant cry baby ever to appear on bba.I hope you are reading this Tayo.Your fellow nijas r not helping you at all by praising your shameful behaviour. It’s one thing to support yr country rep, but it’s a whole different thing when you don’t even want to acknowledge his embarassing outbursts Nijas indifference to Tayo’s actions only serves to inflate his ego even further. So I don’t think he will change at all, because as far as he’s concerned his behaviour is very much condoned back home.Your behaviour cost you 300 grand Tayo! It’s now time for you to go home and cry like ababy with your babies. Deuces!

• Paul

December 8, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I will always identify with someone like Tayo sentiment apart, though he made some errors as did most contestant, he was the realest. I can assure you that Nklakla ( pardon my spelling ) whom I rate highly has more tendencies to be violent more than Tayo in the real world. I consider all of them to be a winner depending on how they manage the platform given to them. Though my Naija sentiment voted for Tayo, Macky 2 is my real hotshot.

• Mike Gitau

December 8, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I concur with u Caroline 100%. Humility got Idris the mulla!

• Nayo

December 8, 2014 at 1:33 pm

You couldnt have summed up this spoilt brat male chauvinist character in any better way!!!

• IBRASH

December 8, 2014 at 1:58 pm

YOU ARE STUPID AND FOOLISH.IF U KNEW TAYO IS AROGANT AND DISRECTFUL TO WOMEN,WHY CANT U APPLY FOR BBA NEXT YEAR AND SEE HOW U WILL BEHAVE IN THE HOUSE.IDIOT TAYO DONT EVEN SEE U OR RECOGNISE YOU.BCOS U ARE SO STUPID,

• IBRASH

December 8, 2014 at 1:59 pm

you are too jealous of nigerians in african and we shall always overcome u people. caroline u are so stupid for condemn tayo the greatest ever.

• Busila

December 8, 2014 at 3:50 pm

POWER GIRL POWER,YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL VERY ARROGANT HE WAS TO SURE HE MUST GO BACK AND START FROM GRADE 0

• ATL's finest

December 8, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I didn’t watch it all, however. Everyone is saying Tayo deserves to win. Don’t judge him off by what u saw on a show. You don’t know him like that. The few episode I watched, he was ok to me. Nevertheless, a lot of Nigerians come across to people as if they are arrogant or aggressive due to the tone of their voice but honestly they don’t mean it & don’t see it… It’s just how they are!!!! So relax because you are not a friend/family/ nothing to him to point fingers. Don’t forget, it’s a dammm show challenge for money that’s all.. Everyone is playing the game for a shot at the money.

• Ellak

December 9, 2014 at 11:14 am

well said

• Sindi

December 8, 2014 at 3:00 pm

It was painful to watch, I cried. But again, great things are coming his way (Youth Ambassador is a kick start). Well-done Tayo! (“,) Sindi (UWC).

• Busila

December 8, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Sindi respect women is key, please guys in CA teach him that since his now a South African

• kenny

December 9, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Haters get this straight Tayo just received d sum of $350,000 today and it’s just d beginning Nigeria is bigger than big brother Africa nonsense.

2. buqui

December 8, 2014 at 10:25 am

so sad….Tayo was the realest Hotshot. one a TEAMTAYO always a TEAMTAYO. love you dearly…and kisses to Akintoye. AKT Rocks

3. Debby

December 8, 2014 at 10:31 am

why is Kuli Roberts hand on Idris’ whatever, na wa o. She could have held him else other than that place.

4. Nadine

December 8, 2014 at 10:36 am

Ms Kuli!Girl were ur hand at!!!!! Girl bye

5. retha

December 8, 2014 at 10:36 am

i am so thankful to Africa for voting Idris, He was really humble and entertaining other than Tayo who was arrogant and had no human respect.! Nigerians always want to dominate Africa I am glad they lost this one, Idris this is now the right time to get Goitse…..!you are a millionere

• benny

December 8, 2014 at 11:05 am

We don’t want to dominate, we dominate…

• ATL's finest

December 8, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Lmao!!! Boom… Kudos Benny! Tell them how we do it.. We Rocks..

• MOM

December 10, 2014 at 2:24 pm

DONT MIND THEM, THEY HATE NIGERIANS YET THEY ALL GO TO BBA TO SHOW THEMSELVES FOR NIGERIANS TO PUT THEM IN NOLLYWOOD. RUBBISH. AFRICANS TELL UR SELF THE TRUTH. AND BE FREE. NIGERIANS DOMINATE. CHECK OUT UTI, KAREEN. KELVIN, MELVIN, AND TAYO THE LION. HE ROARSSSS. AND NHLANHLA AND HIS GROUP HIDES TO GOSSIP. RUBISH TAYO GOD HAS BLESSED YOU.

• Dante

December 8, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Humble as how, by following all the girls in the house. Person like that die too quik

• Okonkwo Chiedu

December 9, 2014 at 11:14 am

What is Africa without Nigeria? pull Nigeria out of the show and see if it will still have a name……Idris was fake but Tayo showed his real self but am sure you did not notice that

• Kokuikana

December 10, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I liked Tayo until I heard him insulting Sheilla, it was too bad, he called her dirty girl, smelly, big belly, ass hole, etc, etc, etc He insulted her like I have never seen anyone insulting a human being. Really Tayo,,! insulting a woman like that? If there is anyone of you who saw that part, he/she will agree with me.

6. tish

December 8, 2014 at 10:36 am

I just wish Nigerians will pull out of the show. It’s no longer a level playing ground. Regionalism has killed the show. Tayo will be fine, winning is not everything, contrary to what people want you to believe.

• Miss_Flygerian

December 8, 2014 at 12:46 pm

The voting system needs to be changed. This country vote thingy has brought about regionalism. East Africans are voting for themselves, SADC are voting for themselves, West Africans are equally voting their neighbors. No one is voting for entertainment any longer.

• Nayo

December 8, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Whats with these Nigerians who are whining about Tayo’s loss! They overrate themselves just too much. When Nigerians won before, twice for that matter, the region issue never cropped up!! Why now! Spolit!!

• Miss_Flygerian

December 8, 2014 at 4:04 pm

@Nayo, Please shut up. This isn’t even about Tayo or Nigerians winning this so many times, because last year I was strictly for Sulu, Elikem and Bassey. But the truth must be said, regionalism has destroyed the show. Instead of it uniting Africa, it has done otherwise. People now throw hateful comments at other countries and think it’s cool. It is sad that no one is voting for entertainment, everyone is now voting for their neighbors. I could give less fucks who won, all I care about is a deserving winner, not one decided based on regional factors.

• ATL's finest

December 8, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Lmao! Only in African shows lol..

• lizzy

December 8, 2014 at 4:46 pm

So true no fair play at all, from last year Oneal started this talk of region, nothing has been the same and it hurts to watch housemates always talking about the votes and regions, hating and conspiring. No use for Naija to enter they will be outnumbered, and 3 months of emotional turmoil for what???

7. S!

December 8, 2014 at 11:03 am

Actually glad Tayo didn’t win.
    Wanted Nhlanhla to win but I’ve got no problem with Idris winning.
    Like someone mentioned above, Tayo was arrogant and quite full of himself. I think he just got so sure that he was going to win because he is Nigerian. His face when Idris was mentioned winner was priceless.

8. Grown Woman

December 8, 2014 at 11:08 am

Well done Idris and Tayo for making it to the finals.So happy for Idris

9. punky

December 8, 2014 at 11:21 am

Retha u ah right i totally agree with u, i have nothing against Nigerians but Tayo was a cry baby. and i’m happy that now other countries besides nigeria are getting the opportunity, they were never complaining while it was them only who were winning. but he will be a presenter and an actor back home because Tayo can be rude and cry after insulting people that is a crazy act

• chi-e-z

December 10, 2014 at 4:57 am

All I’m wondering is how the heck all this none Nigerians found a Naija blog please if you are going to bash Naija do it on your own countries blog. I haven’t even watched this season but I just hate all this hatred towards Nigerians from other Africans.I get it a lot like oh Nigerians are arrogant, loud, etch who the heck gave y’all rights to judge over 300million people and put them in one category. Just because you are bound to know a Nigerian that was some way to you doesn’t mean 300million people are clones sheesh I hate rooting for other Africans even helping them with school killing myself over their work only for when I need their support in something they refuse to help or support cause “Nigerians always want take over everything” do me a favor go hug transformer. Leech

10. sum1special

December 8, 2014 at 11:21 am

I really liked tayo because he was entertaining but he lacked character,in terms of respecting people especially women,for this reason I support idris winning.idris was calm and had the winning quality that tayo never had.tayo please take this as creative criticism,calm down,you practically fought with almost everyone in the house!let the bba expperience be a life lesson to you.goodluck on your endeavours.you are still a star.

11. mojisola

December 8, 2014 at 11:27 am

They were all against Nigeria and not Tayo wining it again.

12. Fossil

December 8, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I don’t think it’s even wise for any west Africa country to take part in this contest again bcos dey ll never win with this regional vote thing except if we re going to ve like 5 rep from other west African countries. We had just two rep from west Africa meaning even if as many as 20 country vote from west Africa aside d two countries (Naija &. Ghana) that ve their representatives in the contest it ll only be counted as other African country vote thus counted as 1 vote. My advise to any body going for BBA auditioning next year, u re on your own , nobody ll waist their time & money on wot we all no that ll make a positive result.

• Abby

December 8, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Thanks my brother… – BBA… I support u! I ddnt see anything in that guy called Idris. The guy planned coup in the house to punish his hm n womanizer. He dated three girls in the house n he doesnt know wat he wants… so he became a winner… I see the program as big – in Africa n jst waste of time of watching it n money too.

• Nayo

December 8, 2014 at 1:38 pm

But Nigerians have won this contest before!! Where was the region thing then! Actually its the only country that has won twice. Come on! Get a life, you losers!!!

• Hurperyearmie

December 9, 2014 at 8:57 am

you are the loser let me tell you something you dont know Tayo is an Ambassador for Etisalat he is not Hungry and neither do Nigerians need pity from idiots like you, thank God you’ve just shown to us how rude nd uncouth you are

13. victor Moses

December 8, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Idris i admired you with JJ, you deserved it what a humble and down to earth man. for Tayo good trial but you need to change and reflect on your other side. Idris you must thank JJ for being always there with you

14. beleyas

December 8, 2014 at 12:47 pm

In some way I would like to agree with the Naija bros, this BBA thing is all about regions plus BBA’s preferred housemate for that particular season! unless someone tells me otherwise – for example a week before Rwanda voted to Tayo who was up with Idris and you tell me the following week Rwanda changed their voting pattern? I like the way Tayo played his game – no shaking indeed! I feel for Macky 2 and Tayo – fan Zambia

• Nayo

December 8, 2014 at 1:35 pm

But Nigeria has won a couple of times before! And there was no region issue!!!! Where is the region thing coming from? BBA is not meant for Nigerians alone!!! Come on! Take loss like mature people!!

• Dante

December 8, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Yea boss, we shudnt take it personal , fine Idris won but they shouldn’t abuse him. You get

15. Diesel

December 8, 2014 at 12:49 pm

No additional representative from other west African countries No More BBA for Naija & Ghana.. Nigeria and Ghana use your brain and wise up. Pre planned rigging . Don’t waist your time BBA is not wort it. WAISTED TIME IS WORST THAN WAISTED MONEY

16. TeamMackyII

December 8, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Good show Macky II. Good qualities of a well behaved and loving star displayed. A brighter future surely awaits ahead of you. Loved watching BBA mostly because I enjoyed seeing you do your things Man. A.T.B

17. Ploys

December 8, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Tayo was the best. No one is perfect so let him be.he entertained us ,he was the realest ,hence the deserving winner. Nigeria should pull out of this scam,called bba. They are using us to generate income. bigger robbers africa.

Bella naija,I just want to comment you for that headline,very professional. Unlike the one I saw this morning on d “biggest blog”

18. beempey

December 8, 2014 at 1:07 pm

All said and done, I believe they all put in their best even though I will have loved either Tayo or Macky 2 to win. To me Idris is the one that has no regard for women! Seriously, I believe he will be a woman beater! Good luck to him and for Tayo, I say take heart. He won the money, but what is important is what you do after BBA! There are people who have won the money in the past and have gone into extinction. Be like Vimbai and make HAY while the SUNSHINE. All the best to everyone.

• Dante

December 8, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Beempey you mind them all this rubbish African country..

19. punky

December 8, 2014 at 1:10 pm

it iz true Nigerians are Dominating they will be participating in Afcon 2015

20. Sam

December 8, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Ayee…. This program called BBA na big problem n – up n calamity! People i met told me that BBA was boring n i didnt believe it but yesterday finale i now saw that truly n honestly it was a big – and boring program on earth… Tayo kept the game going thruout 63 days n be himself…

21. john bosco

December 8, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Tayo was always involved in one quarrel or the other day. Maybe a lot of Nigerians find that as being real, but other voters didn’t. I think he shot himself in the foot with the constant fighting, I’m no surprised he didn’t win

22. prince ajibade

December 8, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Tayo, you did marvelously well just know that BBA is a platform to build you career and sell yourself to the world. Vimbai, Nick and may more BBA Alumni are doing awesome in their various fields and not winning the money shouldn’t bring you down. Yes, it can be very painful, but believe in yourself and $300,000 will be too small for you. I love you bro.

23. Mimiii

December 8, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Tayo was a disgrace. what an untrained and manners guy…manners zero. See wat bragging and arrogance did to u…shame.

24. Dunni

December 8, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Tayo did not deserve to win. Nigerians are just being sentimental. I was appalled and ashamed that he was even representing my country! He is so rude, uncultured, ill-mannered, disrespectful and extremely immature! Gosh! he had the crowd behind him but his horrible character lost him the money. He needs to calm down and be humble! How can you have nothing and be so full of yourself like that? A lot of people say he was real. Real my foot. Please stop confusing a shitty personality with being real. Tayo’s personality was shitty, and that isn’t a winning personality at all. Even his fellow housemates did not like him. . You go about throwing tantrums, crying and insulting everyone like you’re a 3-year old. Only children say what pops in their head without thinking about it. Maturity is not about age ooh, that silly boy called tayo still has a lot of growing up to do. I don’t care who won, as long as he didn’t!

25. Stone

December 8, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Tayo was the worst big brother candidate ever. He was cantankerous, arrogant, mannerless, uncouth and extremely unintelligent. He was simply a disgrace to Nigeria. He is best suited to be a motor park boy or a bouncer. He was even extremely rude to Uti who was only advising him. It took his friend King Kong to come into the BBA house to caution him in yoruba to stop his fighting. “Ija o dola, oruko ni soni” he repeated it 3 times on his way out of the house. translated, it means you gain nothing by fighting but a bad name. Knew Idris would win, but i was routing for Macky 2.

• Sapphire

December 8, 2014 at 6:09 pm

@Stone, impostor!! By your comments, you can’t be Nigerian! Mumulity!!! Just in case you plan to respond, I won’t be reading it!

26. Stone

December 8, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Didn’t see Caroline’s post before i posted. I’m glad there are reasonable people on this blog. Going by the over 500 people that liked her post, the whole world can see that the people that liked Tayo in BBA are in the minority, though they may have a loud voice.

• Sapphire

December 8, 2014 at 6:05 pm

@Stone Since you dislike Nigeria so much, why are you on this blog??? Take your silly Colonial mental self outta here! Your masters still have you in chains!

27. Sindi

December 8, 2014 at 3:13 pm

You guys should stop being so mean to each other, let’s forget about this and move on and not infuse pain to each other like you do. We are all Africans, it doesn’t matter who won anymore. There’s something about Tayo that I liked, I guess he is anointed–and we are all human we are bound to make mistakes especially when we are provoked (those guys were spiteful towards Tayo period). Stay blessed! Sindi (UWC) South Africa.

28. Ola Sheni

December 8, 2014 at 3:24 pm

The best man did not win; nor did the worst man lose. They were all great and terrible. Just like any human being. The regional voting became the decider. Idris was the only East African left in the game. Most of East Africa thus threw in their votes for him. All the six Southern Africans lost because they scrambled for the SADC votes (Butterphly even had to share Zimbo’s votes with JJ). Tayo and Mam Bea of Ghana shared West African votes of Ghana and Nigeria, while S/Leone and Liberia couldn’t vote because their participants were not taken this year. Tayo was thus luck to have even had Mozambique’s votes, courtesy of friendship with Trezeghart. The regional bloc voting was thus the producer of the 2014 Hostshots winner. The winner was therefore not the best in Africa; and the losers were not the worst either.

• Dante

December 8, 2014 at 4:12 pm

You right bro, they are tried. God bless them all..

• Sapphire

December 8, 2014 at 6:01 pm

@ Ola Sheni, thanks for your beautiful analysis! “The best man did not win, nor did the worst man lose” . Regional voting has destroyed BBA!

29. Dante

December 8, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Tayo you are a Man, respect to you. We no they dont like you, stil made it to the final. Just chil and hustle well $300k is noting. Hustle hard pay your tithe and God make you bigger. One love

30. Fume

December 8, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Sounds like hunger games to me

Just passing thru sipping coke……………….

31. mee

December 8, 2014 at 4:42 pm

2014 big brothere would go down history as one with serious hatred,gossip,childishness,flirting men, I agree Tayo was loud, bt he even tried sef,cos evryone else saw him as a threath,thus the constant pricking! Macky 2 was quiet n kind of dull, bt if he had taken d money, tayo wud have been happy sef, not Idris, idris winning is as good as nklankla or jj wining, dos bois became so annoying dis last week dt I jst couldn’t watch, I tot BB made its money from text messages? I speak for myself o,am never voting anyone evr again.Tayo got them most of d money, he was entertaining,he was real, he was a handful, that to me was IT! Except DStv tells us d new meaning of BBA,cos if Tayo was not Nigerian,I wud hav still wanted him to win,like someone said up there, look at Vimbai,Nick,Ebuka,and draw inspiration from there. Organisers of BBA hurt so many people last nite.nuff said

32. charity

December 8, 2014 at 6:18 pm

i think this Big Brother of a thing needs professional advise on how to organise this show in another level that youth will be of benefit from it. for instance in a way youths can showcase their talents rather than to sit in place eating and making a lot of jobless noise each day till end of the show it does not make sense at all.

33. kacheng services

December 8, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Am happy that Tayo lost to idris, he it he most selfish and arrogant guy ever on BBA .very stupid fool let him berry his head in shame

• Sindi

December 9, 2014 at 7:40 am

You are bitter, grow up!

34. Ajy

December 8, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Well I c u guys are so dumb. Who were u guys actually watching? Was it nt Tayo to the extend u fools say he is rude to women. Hw did u knw or see dat if not by watching him all the time, cos he was entertaining u pple. He lived his life like he wuld do wen nt on camera. Im sure the last week of the show was too boring for u fools cos Tayo decided to chill. Is a reality show suppose to b stagemanaged? Ask urselves. Dirty Nigerian haters. If u dnt knw, u go knw!

35. irey

December 8, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Nigerians r uncultured rude nd hv no respect for woman. Pity

• Hurperyearmie

December 9, 2014 at 8:51 am

you are very uncultured and rude with no respect for Nigerians which is very stupid and unmannered it shows how you were raised nonsense

36. Ajy

December 8, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Well I see you guys are so annoying. Who were you guys actually watching? Was it not Tayo to the extent you people could come out to say he is rude to women and all that! How did u know or see that if not by watching him all the time, cos he was entertaining u people. He lived his life like he would do when he’s not on camera. Im sure the last week of the show was too boring for u Tayo haters cos Tayo decided to chill. Is a reality show suppose to b stage-managed??? Ask ourselves. Dirty Nigerian haters. If you dont know, you go know!!!

37. Susan

December 8, 2014 at 7:08 pm

As for me, I honesty tried to like Tayo. I really did but it got to this point where I just couldn’t do it anymore. I have never in my life seen someone insulted the way he insulted Sheila and Miss P. And the fact of the matter is if you have issues with one or two people, we can easily blame those people but if you have issues with every single person then it’s normal for ppl to question your personality unless you say every body is wrong and you are right. Even Ma’am Bea he had a beef with her. I mean c’mon Ma’am Bea??? I think the main problem was he liked to joke with people but couldn’t take it when people did similar jokes to him. I actually think Idris was a worthy winner. He was never a bore and was also very sweet with an extremely good heart. He provided me with plenty excitement and entertaining and he’s funny too. His acting as Denzel made me laugh more that I ever had in a while

38. yomex

December 8, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Well channels like dis bring all sort of views n opinions,so I dnt blame anyone for their comment. The truth remain tayo is gud and also idris. Although tayo may be too emotional for my liking but dat doesnt covers his other qualitiies. Talking about arongancy,do u expect him watching ppl climbing his head like dummy or wat are ppl saying? His simply principled and av policy,ppl misinterprete for bieng rude. Idris also fought in d house often times,so wat? D truth remain tayo is a threat to any housemate interms of qualitties,so forget,its just a beef. On a neutral ground,idris can neva win tayo if bba is fair in voting. Check it out-tayo didn’t av much country participating in votin from west african..idris is just fortunate.cos he was a flirt in d house notin special,although I dnt av anytin against dat,he’s doin wat he knows hw to do best. Dat all, kudos to everyhousemates……….

39. yomex

December 8, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Well channels like dis bring all sort of views n opinions,so I dnt blame anyone for their comment. The truth remain tayo is gud and also idris. Although tayo may be too emotional for my liking but dat doesnt covers his other qualitiies. Talking about arongancy,do u expect him watching ppl climbing his head like dummy or wat are ppl saying? His simply principled and av policy,ppl misinterprete for bieng rude. Idris also fought in d house often times,so wat? D truth remain tayo is a threat to any housemate interms of qualitties,so forget,its just a beef. On a neutral ground,idris can neva win tayo if bba is fair in voting. Check it out-tayo didn’t av much country participating in votin from west african..idris is just fortunate.cos he was a flirt in d house notin special,although I dnt av anytin against dat,he’s doin wat he knows hw to do best. Dat all, kudos to everyhousemates.
    ………

40. tiffany

December 9, 2014 at 8:00 am

Why not the so called housemates enter the show without giving away where they come from that way to an extent, people will be fair in their voting. If your so called tayo was so undeserving, why did he get to the stage he got to? I still see this show as the most stupid show for a very stupid people

41. precious

December 9, 2014 at 8:45 am

Tayo was the most entertaining housemate. Bad belle towards Nigerians. You can never be like us the difference is quite clear. We are not oppressors but leaders and no one can dispute that fact. Where ever we go, we will always lead.

42. barawah

December 9, 2014 at 11:58 am

None of the housemates was perfect – they all had good and bad points, but who was the hotshot. In Africa’s top reality show, It was disappointing that the strategy of JJ, nklankla and Idris to gang up on Tayo worked. That anyone of them could win after such their obvious pretense throughout the week questions the realness of the show, Congratulations to Idris, he played the game and I’m wishing him well. It’s strange that even in defeat, Tayo is still the most talked about housemate. He’s not the BBA winner, but love him or hate him, by being real he made the most impact across Africa. He should build his brand on the positives – he has massive identity recognition throughout Africa, he is loved massively in Nigerians, home of Africa’s biggest economy, and the heartbeat of entertainment in Africa. Tayo, stay close to Frankie, Trezeghart, MamBea and Esther, those are true friends you should work with to make your dreams come true. Tayo, you have just started, “No shaking””. You go know” “are you mad” “AKT nigga” “you get my point” “medulla oblangata”

43. jhennique

December 9, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Una get time

44. kenny

December 9, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Haters get this straight Tayo just received d sum of $350,000 today from a billionair in Nigeria and that’s just d beginning. Idris will clean Tayo’s shoes soon with his money.

45. IjDabbieAKTHotshot

December 9, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Sorry Hater Caroline. Stop crying it……His behavior has earned him $350k. So u can go hit your head on a transformer or shove your dirty ass down your throat, for all we care. Watch out for all the endorsements coming his way….follow his fame and growth. U go know! *inTayo’sVoice* Hahahahahhahahaha! I pray u don’t die of hate and envy soonest, so u can watch as Nigeria and Africa raise our AKT’s fortunes. Thank U Bigger Brother Nigeria, Ayiri Emami, for rewarding this young man’s efforts. He was the realest and most consistent HOTSHOT!!! Oya oooh, Naija celebrities and politicians, we are waiting……start investing in his life. Dangote and co. Shame these Haters out here and make AkinTayo proud. He’s the best REP we’ve ever had. Forget his loudness or rudeness. That’s his nature, he’ll change someday….afterall we all have our flaws. If u don’t have any bad sides, then you are a WITCH!!!! Copy that>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

46. Mavis

December 9, 2014 at 6:31 pm

I hate BBA Africa. It doesn’t unite Africans. Instead it creates division and hatred among Africans. It creates xenophobia.

47. shezz

December 9, 2014 at 7:22 pm

It. Was. Very good for Tayo not winning.I hope he cried the whole night with his crocodile tears.Hahahahaha. What a shame!.weldone IdriiIiiiis !

48. Lobby

December 9, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Congrats Akintayo. Ur our hotshot. Gud luck

49. fatai

December 9, 2014 at 8:44 pm

tayo just recieve $350,000 omg wow up nija fuck bba

50. fatai

December 9, 2014 at 8:45 pm

haters go and kill your self and he is still gonna recieve gift from dangote richest man in africa and glo omg so what else do you haters wanna say

51. dammy

December 9, 2014 at 11:58 pm

But tayo already got something bigger from someone who knows he deserves more… ($350,000) congratulations akintayo and always do your best for ur child, he is a blessing to you! AKT!

52. dammy

December 10, 2014 at 12:15 am

Tayo already got the best reward… don’t hate the player hate the game… Idris is cool and tayo is cool too, I believe tayo’s child brought fortune his way today ($350,000) no be joke!

53. Oseji Ifeanyichukwu

December 10, 2014 at 5:26 am

Well, my brief comment goes as thus: I guess big brother Africa is an entertainment show to bring out the real you and not a show to split Africans from their brotherhood. So therefore, I see no reason while we should throw insulting and offensive words to ourselves. We could say Tayo was arrogant, disrespectful etc which I might not be cool about him but let us just stop the whole sentiment of him being rude, arrogant or whatever and remember the goal or aim of big brother which is to identify with the real you and if all those attribute we mentioned(arrogant, rude, disrespectful etc.) showcases the real him while on earth do we take that against him to judge him. if he had pretended we will still complain and say all manner of things concerning his pretence. Nevertheless, I saw the real him in big brother. He is always that guy that doesn’t hide his feelings, he is also that guy that quarrels with u and the next minute he is chatting with u. He is that guy that makes the house lively and homely. Africans, be it Tanzanian, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Nigeria, we are ALL ONE. Let’s not forget that. Tayo remains my BEST though. Peace to Africa and CONGRATULATIONS once again to IDRIS. Thank you.

54. Yibin

December 10, 2014 at 12:53 pm

BBA is a reality show, the question is; has Tayo being real in the house? Whether he is quick to anger, emotional, arrogant….etc that’s him, he does not gossip issues like most housemates did. He deals with issues instantly and gets over it. I am surprise when ladies talk about Tayo’s disrespect for women in this forum. I know you would be glad to have a man like Tayo who respected his woman at home by never playing games even when all the gals in the house are crushing on him the guy kept saying “which kind kaka we never see” to every woman that is the height of respect you would want from your man. some of the ladies in the house too were disrespectful, are we now saying to react when a woman disrespect you is a crime? The show has come and gone, the reality for all housemates begins now, the quest to sell themselves beyond the BB house and I tell you Tayo is a brand that any showbiz entrepreneur won’t think twice to invest on aswell some couple of housemates in the house…..wish all of them well but Tayo is already oversubscribed, guess he would be subcontracting some to Frankie, Trez, Permithias, Esther and Mam’be . Congrats to Yaho he is the real hotshot!!!

• Yibin

December 10, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Congrats to Tayo, he is the real hotshot!

55. Feirooz

December 11, 2014 at 8:32 am

I am East African and liked Tayo and would have voted for him but the insults we and our reps received from nigerians were too much and we ended up voting regions and not reps.Tayo’s fans contributed to his downfall. And going by the comments im seeing here from his fans it says alot.I pray the petition for Nigeria not to participate again succeeds i only hope you continue sponsoring the show for us ”peaceful ” people to watch.

56. Kaugelo

December 11, 2014 at 11:49 am

Tayo is the realest, respect for his woman is on point. Any woman will be proud to have him as her man. South Africa you’ve got a good son-in-law. Idriss on the other hand was thinking of sex the last week saying ” he was undressing a lady in his hotel room” am sure his supporter are loving this. What is the height of disrespect for a woman when you see them as an object to play with. To him no woman should say no to him, the result will be (abuse). I pray that he put the money into good use, if not he will be another lost soul. For Tayo you have greatness all around you, You’ve been a husstler, but the Lord has used this platform to lift you up. It’s painful how the game turned out, but you were the real Hotshot which everybody knew. Luclay was there to testify of this, so were other ex-housemate. Like Elikem, Vimbai and others doing great, the sky will not be your limite. A little girl of 5 years old cried when Tayo did not win, we were all shocked to see the reaction of a 5 years old! Africa, my Africa when will justice, fairness and equity reign? Is there hope for the younger generation; when will hate and discrimination end? This vices are the result we are getting today: war, bad leadership, injustice, rape, murder and wickedness of all sort. I say no to Regionalism we all are Africans; One Blood, we all are brothers. BBA please get a better way of judging this game so that the winner is not deprevied of his/her wage be it from the South, East, West or Central let justice prevail.

57. lerato

December 11, 2014 at 12:14 pm

why are u all people fighting over unmannered, arrogant, selfish,rude boy?

58. lerato

December 11, 2014 at 12:16 pm

the big issue is where is Africa going with people applauding such ill behaviours

59. lerato

December 11, 2014 at 12:19 pm

thats why Africa is way behind because instead of correcting such ill behaviours people are condoning them

60. Jay Dad Naveen

December 11, 2014 at 3:13 pm

The did has being done! No more mediocre! stop insulting, There is always be one winner in any competition! well done to Idriss, congrats to Tayo

61. ogonna

December 12, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Woah Tayo the fortunate loser, $350,000 and Customised Gold iPhone 6 (24K gold plated). Naija no dey carry last

62. Endowed

December 13, 2014 at 6:04 am

congrats boo Idris, you deserve it and more

63. deetee

December 15, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Africa can never be one when we display so much hate for one another . BBA should sit and know exactly what they want.DO they want entertainment or are they interested in regions, We could hear Idris Nklakla and JJ discuss regional issues. To tell you the truth, Idris knew he had won going by the way he counting the numbers of East African Countries that will vote him in. My candid opinion is that West Africa should be represented with equal no of countries as their so called SADC and East Africa, becos it is now a regional stuff. I LOVE YOU TAYO OMO AKIN

64. sleekE

December 21, 2014 at 11:31 pm

All the tantrums,insults & show of hatred is uncalled for!!!though i never had time to watch even one episodes. But i ll say they are all winners in their rights as brands of their countries except anyone who doesnt know his or her onions. As for Ty,if Ty actually behaved in that manner,it could be that he allowed his emotions get the better of him out of pressure!it happens&he should be adviced politely intead of judging him&doing the same thing he is being condemned for. So you all should get a grip&put ur time to good use because they ve all made something of themselves. Respect to Africa! we are one&shouldnt discriminate.