Relationships

Dolapo Oni is ENGAGED! To Ooni of Ife’s Son Gbite

BellaNaija.com

IMG-20141205-WA0002

Yayyyy!!

What a lovely way to start our morning – with news of ‘Moments with Mo’ co-host and media personality Dolapo Oni’s engagement.

Extremely excited, Dolapo shared a picture on her Instagram saying ‘I said yes!’ while one of her friends posted the bling on her own personal page.

Dolapo Oni 1

The groom-to-be’s name is Adegbite Sijuwade. He is one of the sons of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade and the couple have been dating for several years.

Dolapo

There is only one word to describe that bling – gorgeous!!

Dolapo Oni

Congratulations to Dolapo Oni and her boo.

Photo Credit: Instagram – Dolapo Oni

1. kime

December 5, 2014 at 9:27 am

Congrats madam D!
    Hmmmm sijuade family?all the best dolapo

• Me

December 5, 2014 at 9:37 am

What is wrong with the sijuade family oh? All this kind half half gist I no dey like am at all….

• JustaGirl

December 5, 2014 at 11:02 am

Aproko! hehehe

• lisa

December 5, 2014 at 1:54 pm

There is NOTHING wrong wit d sijuade family dey are awesome people.dont be a hater

• oy

May 28, 2015 at 2:22 pm

@me. na tatafo dey worry you. lol

• AprokoSistah

December 5, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Come back na…done leave me hia all by mon self

• Yeezy

December 5, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Spill the gist nahh.

2. Stels

December 5, 2014 at 9:35 am

#Cute couple# nice ring# A big congratulations to her

3. bruno

December 5, 2014 at 9:37 am

first wife or second wife. take a number.

4. Tosin

December 5, 2014 at 9:40 am

Lovely girl, but why ‘lucky’? The convention I know is to congratulate the dude who presumably did the hunting, not the ‘beautiful bride’ but maybe that’s just oyinbo people.

• Nahum

December 5, 2014 at 10:06 am

I agree with you. We need to stop saying lucky girl and start congratulating the dude on his luck. It is the guys that are lucky to find a wife.

• Author Uknown

December 5, 2014 at 3:25 pm

The tables have turned. Women are now the hunters, and very aggressive ones at that.

5. Nne

December 5, 2014 at 9:45 am

So Happy for her…….Congratulations!!!

6. isima atamenwan

December 5, 2014 at 9:48 am

OMG! Big congratulations!

7. Tayo Ogunyemi

December 5, 2014 at 9:53 am

Fantastic News ! Congratulations to you both !

8. me

December 5, 2014 at 9:56 am

am soooooooo happy, like she’s my imaginary big sister, always wondered who she was dating,

• Anon

December 5, 2014 at 10:16 am

Glad she kept it quiet. Congrats.

9. akid

December 5, 2014 at 10:08 am

Eem when is tools or what is her name again getting engage or she is? Congrats dolly u don engage omo oba ,hope ya ready for 2nd wife in d future !lol
    truth be told.

• corolla

December 5, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Go and buy Tool ring na.

• Idomagirl

December 5, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Is she competing with Toolz? Abeg relax?

• lisa

December 5, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Abeg there is not going to be a 2nd wife dis guy loves her so much

• AprokoSistah

December 5, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Lol….me sef dey wonder….

10. http://mytestimonys.blogspot.com/

December 5, 2014 at 10:09 am

awww. congrats!
    mytestimonys.blogspot.com/

11. LILO

December 5, 2014 at 10:34 am

See…it’s possible to keep your business off social media.

12. Fre

December 5, 2014 at 10:43 am

Awww, congrats Marcy Dolapo. So happy for her.
    She works in the industry but isn’t consumed by it like a lot of them are.
    Beauty, brains, class. Lucky guy!

13. Personal Assistant

December 5, 2014 at 10:44 am

akid or what is your name again, wetin concern you for the matter? Oversabi

14. t.0.s

December 5, 2014 at 11:01 am

Congrats dear x0x0

15. NOLA

December 5, 2014 at 11:18 am

Prince No 2!!! loool congrats ojare.. dolapo you too congrats ,this guy loves u ooooFrom me an inside source *runs back to work*…heh hehe heh…………….

16. Mum fola

December 5, 2014 at 11:26 am

Am so happy for gbite. He’s found a rare gem

17. lindo

December 5, 2014 at 11:59 am

This babe has mouth and leg o, dating OOni’s son..na wa o. Please how do they meet all this top people, I need a links ooo..help. Happy 4 her

18. spoonfullofsugar

December 5, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Tunde pls engage Tools na….ahn!

19. prince ajibade

December 5, 2014 at 12:32 pm

a big congratulations to Dolapo. she’s so good at what she does and I love the way she carry herself.

20. i no send

December 5, 2014 at 1:23 pm

pls you guys should leave toolsz out of it…….its kinda annoying …..and hope you know dolapo has been dating prince for a long time…side note ..if you want your relationship to be successful keep it away from social media as dolapo has done..no selfies ,no hermes bag gift on instagram..smooching on yacht pics etc…kudos soon to be mrs sijuade you did well abeg…

• Omoba

December 21, 2014 at 6:37 am

You mean to say ‘Princess Sijuade’

21. Zara

December 5, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Aww

22. lisa

December 5, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Wowwww gbite has found a good woman and dolapo has a cool fine husband.d REAL PRINCE. Original OMO OBA.pls der is nothing wrong wit d sijuade family dey r awesome n worship der women

• AprokoSistah

December 5, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Dem dey pay u?? Such a famzite

• Yeezy

December 5, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Seyi, is that u??? LMAO! Ok we believe u boo. *wink*

23. lisa

December 5, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Cool d sijuades are awesome,der men are kind respectful and handsome

• AprokoSistah

December 5, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Hmmmm…lisa which of the sijuade men oh?? Cos the ones i kno are from being wat u described….but wetin consign my gele for Royal familiy matter. as my bini aunt will yarn “when better thing hungry u, na to close eye chop anything dem give u”. In other words, wat u see is not always wat u r handed. Congrats to them, not familiar with gbite
      I am related, so i wont give much away…or should i pour all d gist out???

• ynnon

December 5, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Please don’t pour the gist out. Keep it to yourself. Thanks.

• lisa

December 5, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Aprokosistah I’m also close to them so I don’t know what u are saying my cousin is married to them so I know what I’m saying

• Cameroon

February 19, 2015 at 11:40 am

pls pouram ohhh a wan know

24. ooni

December 5, 2014 at 2:21 pm

@ lisa e be like say you be their adopted sister…….. gboromiro

25. aj

December 5, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Congrats Gbite Sijuwade!!! it is Sijuwade nt Sijuade

26. GBG

December 5, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Am close to them also, something awkward does happen oh… am off!

27. mya

December 5, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Really?..so some pple cant actually be happy for another without justifying how situations are gonna be and actually is?..just a simple congrats without throwing shades wd hv helped!..congratulations dolapo!weda na8 wivesvgo follow u later,u got a man who l9ves u!

• Chacha

December 5, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Huh?? Whether na 8 wives hin go get, its ok cos she got a man who loves her? Is she desperate for love that much? The way some of u reason enh?? Esp. when it comes to husband matter….o di baffling.

• tola

December 6, 2014 at 11:15 am

@chacha there can’t even be 8 wives sef gbite can’t do that ppl are just hating for no reason

28. tola

December 5, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Wowwww dolapo has a cutie,he is also a kind man girls really love gbite.congrats girl u r a winner

29. tola

December 5, 2014 at 7:34 pm

HmMmmmmm dolapo has hooked one of d ooni of ifes hot sons GREAT.GOD wud bless gbite and dolapo and give them beautiful kids and a very happy Marriage AMEN

30. Felinda

December 5, 2014 at 8:33 pm

i think DOlapo is so pretty
    She resembles that south african girl Bonang

31. Yeezy

December 5, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I know the Sijuwades wella, and all i can say is goodluck to the new bride…she go need am.

• aj

December 6, 2014 at 2:13 am

hmmm what do you mean? Are Dolapo’s parents rich? if not I concur with you.

• Adeola

December 6, 2014 at 3:29 am

So what is the gist now just innuendos here and there na wa it’s like there is a no tell code if you wont why hint

32. Adeola

December 6, 2014 at 3:32 am

Anyways more importantly congrats to the soon to be bride

33. Aibee

December 6, 2014 at 7:38 am

If it’s the Ooni’s family, then it is Sijuade. Spelt and pronounced the traditional Yoruba way, not the modified version for people who don’t understand aranmo and isunki.

34. Le coco

December 6, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Abeg u ppl shld stop with all this second wife crap….. Does d guy look polygamous to u… Just because sm1s father is polyg doesn’t mean that the child will follow the path.. This boy hu looks lyk. Proper aje butter hu probably got his education in Europe.. Mtchew… Congratulate the couple and move on..

• Abi

December 8, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Because polygamy dey show for face. I’m not saying he will be polygamous, but neither of us can say whether or not he will be because we’re not him. You can’t just say he doesn’t ‘look’ polygamous because he went to school abroad.

Back to the matter, congrats Dolapo! SHe looks so happy.

• Cameroon

February 19, 2015 at 11:43 am

Coco dem no dey write polygamous for face ohh….abi do dey?

35. yea

December 6, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Congrats jare Dolapo, just when I started to enjoy you and Bolanle on moments with Mo, they had to bring that shallow girl to water down the seriousness of that show. Why now?

36. viva

December 8, 2014 at 11:55 am

wow I rill like dis gal, and d way she carry hw slf congrats

37. Congrats Jare!

March 4, 2015 at 3:10 am

I don’t know why people are on here complaining about polygamy, as if polygamy is a thing of the past. Every Nigerian woman knows that 99.99% of Nigerian men are unfaithful.. I mean are we all living in the same land of the side chick, official girlfriend and many others without position? Please, is this not Lagos? Since when did men start marrying the side chick? Doesn’t happen anymore him being a Prince or no Prince, but we all know cheating happens everyday. She’s being called ‘lucky’ because she’s the chick that gets wifed unlike the others with no title and no position. Ask any married woman in Lagos, why they carry the title ‘Mrs’ with such pride. Stop singling this couple out for hatorade. We all know what’s up in Lagos.

38. Congrats Jare!

March 4, 2015 at 3:17 am

Staying on the topic of polygamy, wouldn’t you rather have your husband wife another woman, know where he is when he ‘sleeps out’ with the other wife and be in control of your home, rather than have him out on the street, not knowing where he is and who and what kind of ‘dirty’ chick he’s out with? I mean think about it. Lets not be hypocrites here pretending men are faithful when we down right know they don’t have it in their blood to stick with one woman. I would say there are pros and cons to polygamy.

39. elle

April 6, 2015 at 8:24 am

@congrats jare, I agree with a lot that u stated except where u said dolapo is ‘lucky’ because she got wifed up as opposed to a woman who has no title. You said it urself that many 9ja men cheat on their wives, so how is a wife ‘lucky’ when she gets disrespected in such a manner! Truth is, whether u r married or not to the guy u have a relationship with, if he cheats on u, he doesn’t respect u and there is nothing ‘lucky’ about that! There is nothing ‘lucky’ about knowing u could possibly get stds from ur man because of it or knowing that ur dude is using time and money he should be using on u on other women! Having a ring doesn’t protect u from that, having a man with self control and respect for u does. 9ja women need to stop acting as though they r not accomplished in life unless they have a husband. What makes a couple ‘lucky’ is when both parties involved truly love eachother and have eachother’s best interest at heart , grow together and build together. On that note, congrats to her, I like her attitude and I wish her the best!

40. Toke

August 8, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Sometimes I wonder if I live in a different world and please don’t let my comments make you feel uncomfortable just be honest a enough to find out how and why others get what you really desire. In my own case, I am very much surrounded with men who fear God so much that they are too afraid of spiritual and physical implications of sexual immorality so other comments sound strange to me. I empathize with women in his situation and pray that God gives them the wisdom to have a different experience. Women do all they can to keep their men right? but until some women realize that the battle is not physical they will find a solution. How do you explain the case of a man who loves his wife dearly, yet cheats on her. I always questioned the love of a man who cheats until I discovered the fact that there are men who though madly in love with their wives, cheat on them and apologizing as often as they do. There is something called genes, running down the ancestral line, so many other reasons I can’t even explain