News

Wow…Dancer Stephanie Moseley Dies after Her Husband Shot Her and Himself + Floyd Mayweather Witnessed it on Facetime

Chris Brown & Stephanie Mosley

Chris Brown & Stephanie Mosley

This case is being regarded as a murder-suicide.

Dancer Stephanie Moseley, best known for her role on VH1′s Hit the Floor, is dead after her rapper husband, Earl Hayes (a part of the Floyd Mayweather money team), shot her and then himself.

According to TMZ, residents of their apartment building heard a woman screaming followed by gunshots. The SWAT team raced to the scene and knocked down the door of an apartment … and found 2 people shot to death.

According to TMZ, Floyd Mayweather is angry because he was on FaceTime with one of his best friends when the guy pulled out a gun, shot his wife and then killed himself.

According to their sources, Earl Hayes had said he was going to kill his wife and the boxing champ was pleading with him to get a grip. Floyd will not say how much he saw, but he acknowledges he was a witness and heard everything. He is currently in shock and is having extreme difficulty dealing with the fact that he witnessed a horrifying murder/suicide.

Chris Brown and actress Ashley Tisdale immediately took to social media to mourn the late dancer.

“RIP baby girl. Danced with me on tour and was always the coolest person. My prayers go out to you and HAZE family,” Chris captioned a photo of the two.

“RIP Stephanie Moseley. I’ll always remember dancing with you on #hellcats. Such a beautiful kind spirit. I’m praying for your family,” Ashley tweeted.

TMZ also reports that sources connected with Stephanie Moseley and Earl Hayes said he had accused her of infidelity with a famous singer.

Photo Credit: Instagram – Chris Brown

1. nono blessed

December 9, 2014 at 7:10 am

Psychos everywhere

2. gracearmyde

December 9, 2014 at 7:27 am

I wasn’t ‘wowed’ by the news.. I think ‘strange or saddening’ Wud have been a better caption! #RIP

3. David

December 9, 2014 at 7:36 am

borderline personality disorder

4. bruno

December 9, 2014 at 9:24 am

if u hate urself why not kill only yourself must you kill innocent people too. rip to the girl.

5. KM

December 9, 2014 at 9:59 am

Marriage is just so hard!!! God, if I had a chance, i wont even go into that institution!! This weekend, the wife gave me so much hell for something that was her fault. locked all the doors and hid the keys, stopping me from going out to avoid the trouble. Woman rough handled me, jacked, pushed and climbed all over me and I couldn’t do anything. even if I try to carry her off me, her hands where I gripped will be bruised. and she locked all the doors, I couldn’t even run outside to avoid her blows. I was so miserable, divorce was just on my mind all weekend cos this not the first time. And the shame of it, is that even though its her fault, she will insist I apologize to her, which I do regardless, if not, I might not even go to work that week. Yet I hear people say, walk away when a woman is violent. How will I walk away when all the doors were locked. And she does this because she was sure I wont touch her back.
    She is really taking advantage of my seeming meekness and nice attitude. Sometimes I try to be the bad guy, but just does not have the heart for hanging out after work and come home drunk, I find myself driving home straight from work with trepidation . I am so tired, been hoping she gets this admission for her PHD in the UK instead of uniLag, cos that will give me at least 3 years of space!!!!
    Marriage just equals depression I swear!!!!
    Maybe not related to the article but I already feel better airing this to strangers instead of family.

• Idomagirl

December 9, 2014 at 12:55 pm

I will say to you what I say to every woman in an abusive situation, please leave! (even if it’s a temporary separation while you both sort out your issues).
      It’s so unfortunate that society makes abuse victims (especially the men) feel so much shame that they have to hide. She clearly has issues and needs serious help, tell your families, insist that she gets counselling and therapy for her violent tendencies biko before someone ends up dead. All the best.

• mrs chidukane

December 9, 2014 at 1:16 pm

@KM so sorry about that, hugs.

• Ms Geeky 30

December 9, 2014 at 2:02 pm

My dear KM, your story really touched me. I wanted to take the opportunity to tell you thatnone of this is your fault. Your wife is an abuser and therefore has internal issues to deal with. This is not your shame at all. In fact, i am awed by your strength and immense self control in not hitting her back.
      Please leave! Your life is important. Your mental and physical health are also important. Please break the cycle and walk away before the situation deteriorates any further and becomes more complex. Give yourself a chance to start over with someone who will treat you the way you deserveto be treated, with respect and genuine love.
      The only thing worse than the time already spent in the company of an abuser and in a bad relationship is staying in that relationship for that time and one more day.
      Thinking and praying for you.

• VeryAngryNigerian

December 9, 2014 at 2:27 pm

It’s time to take a trip mahn……yep, pack your bags go to another state, 5 star hotel, get in the spa, get pampered/catered to and chill . Let her know, so she doesn’t think you are missing. Dress nicely, get a good bottle of tom ford so you smell nice, shave, look in the mirror and love on you, then go experience life. Say hello-bye bye to strangers, just laugh for the sake of laughing, breathe and re-evaluate everything. Think back on why you got married, the foundation and if the center can still hold for the next 25yrs. Consider therapy, involve her, you will get some pertinent questions answered. Remember, life is short people hardly get married to divorce, but if marriage makes you more miserable than happy, maybe it’s time to check out man. Put into consideration the good times as well, because as the saying goes, one rotten egg can mess up the whole crate. One/two bad traits in your wife can erase all the good in her, but remember there is some good in her. Please don’t take any beating from anyone, when she starts exhibiting signs lock yourself in, don’t take chances, I have seen a wife stab her husband in fury. You don’t wanna end up like that mahn, life is too beautiful and short.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

December 9, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Definitely related to the article so don’t feel bad about sharing it here (and BN, this is an “Aunty Bella” piece, if I ever saw one…)

I’m sorry that your union has becoming this kind of hell for you but if you don’t mind me saying it, your last statement gives away the fact that you’ve maybe not sought any kind of marriage counseling for both of you? Please don’t be ashamed to seek help from a professional (emphasis on “professional”, whether you choose to look within the family, your church or mosque or the wider environment for this help). Actually, scratch a couple of the suggestions I’ve given in parenthesis, you may want to look for a neutral 3rd party and in which case, I’ll say to choose a counselor that your wife will also feel comfortable to share her own concerns with(for instance, an older/respected person) so that she doesn’t react negatively to the whole idea.

Marriages in worse situations have been saved and I really pray that you’ll both find a way to work this one out.

• kenitola

December 9, 2014 at 4:58 pm

@ KM.. are you a man at all? how can a woman be that abusive and you are still with her? i beg find your way very fast because she may end up killing you one day. truth be told dear.

• Ikido

December 9, 2014 at 8:50 pm

I will say to you….grow some balls and be a Man!!!!

• Toks

December 11, 2014 at 10:37 am

Mr Man, not all marriages are like this. Marriages are meant to be enjoyed not endured. Unfortunately in your case, you’re married to a psycho. I’m sorry to say. Who would do this in their right mind?
      You need to find a solution real fast. Have you thought of reporting her to her parents? They need to be aware of all her doings cos I’m sure she will be telling different tales outside. The sooner you resolve this, the better the case for d of una, Mr Man U dey try I for done run 4, 40. Na who wan die on top marriage.

6. sonia paloma

December 9, 2014 at 10:29 am

Crazy people everywhere. why not die alone instead of taking another life with you.. RIP to the young lady

7. Nahum

December 9, 2014 at 10:32 am

Men are just horrible. We don’t go around killing them every time they cheat. Why didn’t he just dump her and walk away? And I bet you the idiot had hella side chicks…but no, he had to kill her over mere suspicions. Men!!!

8. andrew

December 9, 2014 at 10:38 am

Could it be Drake again??

9. Felinda1

December 9, 2014 at 12:04 pm

like Akata men will say

IF YOU CHEAT ON ME I MO KILL YOU, THE DOG AND MYSELF

Americans are just crazy, must be something in the water

10. Felinda1

December 9, 2014 at 12:14 pm

look at chris brown looking high as a kite

all these stupid american celebs – foolish africans worship.

chrisbrown will NOT last 5 yrs till he ODs – same as rihanna. That is the way paved for those who play in Hollywood (devils playground).

• Nahum

December 9, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Oh jeez child….just stop smoking what you are smoking….put it down

• MC

December 9, 2014 at 2:04 pm

What, Rihanna overdose on weed …..LOL!!!!
      HAHAHAHAHAHA What a silly thing to say (or think).
      (unless of course you are saying she is on harder drugs….although marijuana is the only thing she “promotes”)

11. Miriam HE

December 9, 2014 at 12:59 pm

@KM
    I understand the frustration, I know that there will also be some peaceful moments and that is when to talk ask her what she feels you did and how she wants it to be remedied that you don’t like the situation during augments in the home. (Women sometimes feel to make a guy miserable for a wrong to her is right)
    I would love you both to think back on how you met, why you got married, I know the good in you both will wipe every wrong and most importantly Marriage is an institution by God no one can do it with God in the drivers seat.
    Your not weak but it’s the fear of God in you and the love you have for her that makes it impossible for you to strike her God bless you for that. I will be praying for you. Search the word of God more and you will know how to bring peace back in to your marriage.

• Ms Geeky 30

December 9, 2014 at 2:14 pm

I do not think there is any reasoning with or talking to an abuser. I think the wife needs to work out her issues on her own, away from her husband who she is harming possibly irrevocably. It is not incumbent on km to stay with her or be there while she sorts herself out.
      Would you be giving this advice if it was a male abuser and a female victim? Make no mistake about it- this is domestic violence!

12. ATL's finest

December 9, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Mean I was so sad when I heard yesterday. She’s one of my Favorite dancer on the show… So TMZ is saying Floyd Mayweather witnessed a face time homicide, Steph’s hubby pulled his gun out but Floyd tried to calm him down, they spoke in the morning before it happened. My question is why didn’t he get help for them? If you want to call the cops, go get Steph out of the house early in the when he told you about it… She’s gone just because of some insecure dude that isn’t sure if she was really cheating or not. #hittefloor# will never be the same without Stephanie.. May God bless your beautiful soul & that of her hubby.

13. Percy

December 9, 2014 at 2:42 pm

@KM please and please use that your phone and reach out to people that can help you ASAP! If you think yours and her family can’t help out reach to Bella naija am sure they can direct you to whichever organisation that will be willing to help. ASAP abeg befor that woman will kill you soon. Abeg

14. D

December 9, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Dear KM,
    Abuse whether by a man or a woman is abuse. Whether she leaves for the UK or not will not solve the problem. Like everyone has indicated the problem is not with you or the institution of marriage in itself. It is with her and staying is not going to make it go away. You bet she is probably bragging to her friends about having you on a leash too, Yes, there are people that will tell you to try and talk it out but just like I will tell any woman. Your life and health is worth more than that..you can talk from a distance, that let her make you lose your mind all in the name of saving a marriage that should not have been in the first place or worse put you six feet under. Yes stress can lead to death. I lost my sister this year due to an unhealthy marriage, that led to extreme stress and eventually her death. SO I will tell you Runnnnnn…. Runnnn for your life. Only those that have not experienced this first hand will tell you to try having a conversation with an irrational/unreasonable human being. I do not mean to sound like I know your spouse or I know all about your relationship but based on what you have said she needs to get help and I believe you will both do well getting help while apart. You can really figure out what you want out of a relationship and start get the breathing space to make sound decisions and she can get help for whatever hails her. My thoughts and prayers are with you…Abuse stinks…7 day old dead fish in a hot and steamy room and all…

15. D

December 9, 2014 at 3:23 pm

***getting****

16. God's Gold

December 9, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Dear, MR KM !!!!!!!

Please do not give up. God is real.. God can change any situation. How about you seeking the will of God in prayer and fasting?

In 2 Chronicles 7:14 God says “if My people who are called by my name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

In this scripture God is saying that there are certain conditions we need to satisfy in order for us to receive our healing. In this case, you are requiring a marital healing, I would personally cry out to God. Immerse yourself in prayers, stop keeping late nights or any activities that may be provoking any insecurities or self esteem issues that your wife may have. Confess to God any hidden sin. Allow him to restore you.

I am not apportioning blame to anyone as I am not in the marriage. You know better than I do. But ask yourself whether your behaviour or words are fuelling issues. Maybe your wife has not been able to let go of something that transpired in the past. There could be transference from a past relationship. Whatever the case maybe, you need to articulate your feelings to your wife. God still heals.

LOVE COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS. BUT HATRED STIRS UP STRIFE.

Always In His Goodness and Mercy,
    God’s Gold

• Fountain of Paper

December 9, 2014 at 3:45 pm

At what point do you plan to turn your brain back on?

Because there’s NO way you can tell me you typed this load of crap on while all your thinking faculties were geared to go.

• tatafo!

December 9, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Classic blame the victim approach.

KM said as much as he would like to be that guy that hangs out late at night he doesn’t do it, he also doesn’t fight back when she is hitting him. Which forgiveness should he be asking for again? Which feelings should he articulate to his wife? Common sense that isn’t common should inform her that you talk with your mouth not your fists. Stop using the Bible to justify bad behavior on the abuser’s part.

• D

December 9, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Father Lord in heaven!!! whether he does or says whatever is NOOO Excuse for abuse…What is wrong with people !!!! this is the 21st Century. There is No Reason, Excuse for Abuse…Bringing Jesus into it. I tell you if we were in the days of old. God would slap some sense into some people….Are you freaking kidding me??? I know I have strong emotions in regards to this topic. Seek God’s face and repent (turn from his wicked ways)??? really they tell you it is because of his sins that is wife is a monster??? Oh does he have to seek God’s face in close proximity of the woman??? Mr. KM fast and pray ooo if that’s what you are led to do but please do it at a safe distance.(SAFETY FIRST!!!!) You don’t want to be seeking God’s face one on one(Face to Face) and you get there and Dear God is asking you what you did with the brains He gave you and the legs he gave you to flee… If it is Bible we are quoting abeg the Bible says we should FLEEEE all appearances of EVIL!!! Abuse is Evil Abeg Flee and seek His face from a safe distance!!!! No life is worth dying prematurely in the name of marriage.

17. God's Gold

December 9, 2014 at 4:13 pm

No tatafo it is not using the bible to justify bad behaviour. But sometimes we are so quick to condemn people. Remember the wife has her own story that she has not told. Are you married tatfo or are you speaking as a single? The Bible is the benchmark full stop.

• ant

December 10, 2014 at 3:11 am

I will strongly recommend that you either engage your faculties or just shut up and park well. it is people like you that lead people to their grave early. He should search himself for behaviours that might be contributing to the issue? Are you freaking kidding me?

18. debby