Music

It’s BankyW’s Debut Production as a Filmmaker! Watch the Video for ‘Mercy’

BankyWTriple Threat! Musician, Song writer & now, filmmaker! BankyW just stepped things up with the release of the video for ‘Mercy‘- a track off his last album, R&BW.

The music film was shot in New York City and features ‘upcoming actors and film students’

Check on it!

1. alterEGO

January 7, 2015 at 1:07 am

i hardly ever comment on blogs…..Banky This is a beautiful song…with a truly inspiring video…I felt your heart in this…God Bless…

2. L

January 7, 2015 at 1:16 am

BRILLIANT!

3. Happy

January 7, 2015 at 1:40 am

Just beautiful!

4. mimi

January 7, 2015 at 1:41 am

confession time… blessing time…. prodigal son….story for the gods!!!.

5. Tee

January 7, 2015 at 1:51 am

Lets give credit to whom credit is due….Banky, great job. Quite impressed. I propbably love the story more than the song. Oh I lied. I love both.
    1. I can relate to rent issues, I thank God for my friends and family who always pull throught! Living abroad if you are not omo baba lo wo can be a struggle, and yea some people do horrible things to get it paid rather than get thrown in the streets.
    2. I have cheated on a bf and I promise it’s the worse feeling ever. Guilt is horrible
    3. Yes, I’ve stilen before as well, and when all these things happen I still go to church, and pray God has mercy on me.
    We are all sinners, and only striving to be perfect, on all levels I can relate to this song.
    #passingnojudgements
    #my2cents

• Iris

January 7, 2015 at 7:54 am

I’m not judging you, but I hope you also remembered to pray for the person or entity you stole from and not just yourself. If it was a person, you may not know what that money or item meant to them.

Banky just rose levels in my eyes with this 🙂

6. Make I talk

January 7, 2015 at 2:16 am

a refreshing video from all the average nigerian twerk, boobs and ass videos

7. AHOW

January 7, 2015 at 2:47 am

Lovely video… About time the lyrics and the video of Nigerian music made sense… Thumbs up Banky W!

8. CHRISTIAN BelieveAll

January 7, 2015 at 2:50 am

nice one fro BankyW

9. Atarodo

January 7, 2015 at 3:02 am

Chai!!! There is God oh!! and people talk say conscious music nor fit work for naija. E con be like say nah Banky for shoot ojulegba for Wizkid oh. This is how you make a video that compliments a song even makes it better. The only negative comment I have is that, I could have done without the scenes with Banky lip syncing. That would have really made it a music film. Really impressed Banky. Well done.

10. ako

January 7, 2015 at 3:08 am

Lovely. Very good work. Oh, you make a great script writer.
    Give nollywood some heat

11. Itha

January 7, 2015 at 3:10 am

Oh woow! Never knew Banky had this in him. Really impressed. The song, the video…Quality!
    Great job and keep doing u Banky! No wonder ive always loved this guy 🙂

12. Chiemeka Ugo

January 7, 2015 at 3:19 am

I don’t need to say much, 100 percent delivered. Kudos Banky W

13. Ada

January 7, 2015 at 3:28 am

Great job!! You paid attention in class! Lol Now you can have complete independence and not be restricted! Plus the profits are all now in house!! Smart man!

14. TheLazyNatural

January 7, 2015 at 4:06 am

for the first, he sure tried!

15. Debs

January 7, 2015 at 4:26 am

Wow…Love the song and video

16. fiya

January 7, 2015 at 5:05 am

Song for the gods
    Seriously this song is dope

17. Lekelee

January 7, 2015 at 5:25 am

Kudos!!! Great video. Storyline on point. Cast on point. Cinematography above average. A song to play when you need stregnth.

18. iseemaths

January 7, 2015 at 5:44 am

Very nice concept. The song is very meaningful not just a play on words and jargon. The naija songs i downloaded during the holiday some of them make me want to get violent (some rap music do this too so i skip to avoid the devil), some make me hyper so i use those type to work out at the gym, This Banky’s video makes me happy, makes me want to call my ex and tell him “have mercy on me for leaving you and dating a naija man cos mama said so”.

side note: research on math in our daily lives. really!!! Professor Wang (i thought the research stops in your final year, this is not even a research it is lack of research topic to write.)

19. Funmilola

January 7, 2015 at 7:55 am

Creativity at it’s best,dope song plus dope video……away from the norm.thumbs up bankyw!

20. Ekundayo Kokumo

January 7, 2015 at 8:05 am

Wowwwwww!!!!!!

21. wewewar

January 7, 2015 at 8:10 am

Nice!nice!!nice!!!

22. TAMA

January 7, 2015 at 8:34 am

this sure brought tears to mi eyes.. LOL
    lovely video for a lovely song . NO BUM SHAKINGS at all, some other directors would look for one place to sha add some half naked girls. God help our souls from what we watch. amen

23. hassan abdul

January 7, 2015 at 8:44 am

Welldone banky

24. Noms

January 7, 2015 at 9:46 am

Nice 1.
    I don’t have to send my nieces and nephews away just to watch a musical video.

25. Damilola

January 7, 2015 at 10:23 am

This is really beautiful banky
    I liked d song from the moment I hrd it, din’t even knw there’ll be a video for it one day

26. Moi

January 7, 2015 at 10:39 am

Applaudisez!!!
    PS: Ekpen I see youuuuuu 😀

27. stephy

January 7, 2015 at 11:11 am

Banky! U did a great job with this, we have all gone through times like ds. D first character reminds me of Ifemelu in Americana..Lord have mercy on us,the things we do just to survive in this world

28. MissP

January 7, 2015 at 11:14 am

I have ALWAYS loved the song and now with this video…I love it in a new way. Brilliant story telling from start to finish. Awesome. Great job Mr W!

29. Janet

January 7, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Absolutely brilliant

30. babygiwa

January 7, 2015 at 1:32 pm

@steph, u took the words out of my mouth. The first character reminds me of Ifemelu in Americanah, ohh the horrible things Ifemelu did just to survive in the US. This just reinforced it and clearly shows that people are going thru stuff and we need the Almighty’s mercy to pull thru. Done with school, waiting to go for service and start an interesting career, dear God my lover, pls have mercy on me. Amen.
    well done Banky darling, u be boss!

• tunmi

January 7, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Actually, I see that woman as ifemelu

31. Ynnon

January 7, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Banky did very well. I am impressed by this. If this is the beginning, I can only imagine the greater things to come from him. See how people are just already killing it in 2015. May God help me get where I want to be this year in Jesus’ name.

Banky, the only thing I noticed that you can improve on or pay attention to for next time, if it will help you, is the part where she sniffed the coke. The same number of lines that were there before she sniffed were there after.

Overall, wonderful job and more grease to Banky’s elbow.

32. Animal Doctor

January 7, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Dang! Every single word of that rap/spoken word bit at the end relates to me directly. Spooky stuff. Lord have mercy on me…

Good job Banky!

33. el patron

January 7, 2015 at 8:28 pm

have mercy on me! mercy lord! mercy lord! that all I ask for…anu ni mo bere oluwa!

34. soozie

January 7, 2015 at 9:59 pm

really beautiful song…ps jaiye ori me is still one of my faves, cant get enuff of the song. Banky is js too much

35. KRO

January 8, 2015 at 9:02 am

Brilliant! No booty shaking video from a multi-talented artiste. Well done Banky. I remember looking at the pictures you posted a while back on Instagram at the Film Academy.

Hard work and diligence does pay.

36. Cee

January 9, 2015 at 9:14 am

This is awesome…i’m already talking to everyone about it…really nice