Scoop

Mercy Johnson sends out a ‘Thank You’ Message: I Have Experienced Love from Unimaginable People

Mercy Johnson Family Photo - August 2013 - BellaNaija 025With the help of her press team, Nollywood actress Mercy Johnson has sent out a message of gratitude to her fans and followers.

She wrote:

One of the best feelings one can have is the feeling that some people who have never met you in person have your back.

I have experienced love from unimaginable people; Ghana, Liberia, Paris, UK, USA, Seychelles and all over the world.

Some met me crying, gave me gifts, took pictures, asked questions, and some, not so pleasant. But in all of these, I have no complaint because being where I am is a gift and privilege by God. A privilege and a place I never thought I would be, a few years ago. This level has its own attendant consequence, as I take in the blessing; I appreciate the not-so-pleasant side as well.  For this, I am grateful to God, my fans, and stakeholders in the industry who love me just the way I am.

I want to also say a very big thank you to my husband for giving me room to fly. Some men out there would probably have clipped my wings but Odi is not some kind of man. I want to say thank you for being so supportive and understanding.

I want to take this time to say thank you to everyone who made the journey of 2014 easier despite the attendant challenges. I am grateful to the marketers and my colleagues who stayed in touch with me even when I was pregnant, directors who were patient with me, fans who watched all the movies of 2014, those who took time out to search for me on Google, who corrected me in love and those who watched ‘30 Days in Atlanta’ (to make it biggest Nollywood movie in cinema history). I am also grateful to everyone who showed me one form of love or the other during the birth of our second son, Prince Henry: Nigerian Emabssy in the US, social media followers and my ever diligent media and management company, Bigsam Media.

I plan and hope that 2015 will be different from previous years. The jobs I will do will be slightly different from that of the past. I will take up more challenges. I will also have to balance things out because I still have to play the role of a wife and mother, but all in all, there should be a new Mercy Johnson of sort.

As per the style, I have received all your complaints and I will try and improve but please, do not forget I am just a down-to-earth-girl-next-door. Thank you.

And please, AMVCA is around the corner, let’s win again together this year, on how to vote, check @bigsammedia on Twitter.

As always I am grateful. I wish you the best this year has to offer. Happy New Year.

Photo Credit:

1. Mel

January 5, 2015 at 1:55 pm

You truely deserve it honey, you are such a gracious woman, luve is all we can give you. You are a germ in this society. God bless you and your family..just waiting for you to bounce back on my screen…luv you truely

• The K

January 5, 2015 at 5:17 pm

I guess you meant “gem” not “germ” 🙂

2. adelegirl

January 5, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Can’t help but love MJ. She takes nothing for granted and remains down to earth, humble and grateful. God bless you MJ! Greater heights I pray for you in 2015 and beyond.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

January 6, 2015 at 8:19 am

Abi? I smiled when I read the nearly last paragraph where she addresses past complaints about her style and plans for future improvement. It takes real grace to even put that down; some others may have resorted to shutting down their “haters”. 🙂

I hope she achieves new career heights in 2015 and wish her the very best.

And in other news @adelegirl, I hope you’re keeping well, nne. The very best of 2015 to you too. 🙂

• tunmi

January 6, 2015 at 6:41 pm

You echoed my words. I was in smiles, no mention of haters as she realized a lot of it was from love. I truly cannot wait to see her on the screen again.

3. TJ Olowo

January 5, 2015 at 2:23 pm

The sky is not your limit but a starting point…more grace and enablement I pray. I wish you all the best and may God keep you and your family. Love yah!

4. mary ibeawuchi

January 5, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Whom d Good LORD has blessed no 1can cause. Keep on shining GOD bless ur union more n more…….luv u.

• The K

January 5, 2015 at 5:19 pm

The word is “curse” not “cause”. Smh #NigerianAccentThingz

5. tralala

January 5, 2015 at 2:43 pm

This woman is a gem. What a gracious lady! We love you mercy. Bless your home.

6. Nully

January 5, 2015 at 3:03 pm

that’s my girl mercy Johnson. all the best in 2015.

7. mimi

January 5, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Mercy Johnson is one actress that i honestly respect oh!!! asin shes so grounded and focus. i like her a lot and not to mention her talent!!! trust this saying…

8. mimi

January 5, 2015 at 3:07 pm

once you believe in yourself anything is possible!!! to everyone happy new year lol!!

9. RIFF RAFF

January 5, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Our second son?
    Good to know you’ve equally accepted the other kids. Can’t wait to see the juicy deals you’ll bag this year.

10. Olu

January 5, 2015 at 3:39 pm

…..and here we are crucifying Stella Damascus.

People choose who choose to like, regarldess of what they do.

11. Joy

January 5, 2015 at 3:47 pm

How i wish some nollywood actress will be humble like you. MJ U are a darling God bless u and ur family

12. @ify_eva

January 5, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Mercy! Mercy!! I jus love her

13. Busarni

January 5, 2015 at 4:33 pm

I love you boo #plentyhomo. God will give you strength to stay true.

14. seye

January 5, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Testing

15. Bam Bam

January 5, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Don’t I just love this woman(No Homo)?! I’m still ‘beefing’ your shape tho. It’s too much for one woman

16. HAWTTALKWITHTOSAN

January 5, 2015 at 8:53 pm

I just love anyone who can take internet taunts with a pinch of salt. Humility is endearing indeed

17. MOSIWOMEKA

January 5, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Mercy Okojie, God Bless you. Just put him as num one in your life then what you will experience in 2015 will be beyond words. I genuinely wish you all the best dear. Happy new year.

18. we do

January 6, 2015 at 3:08 am

Yes Mercy Johnson, we LOVE U to pieces in Liberia. no lieeeee

19. ROSE

January 6, 2015 at 5:48 pm

MERCY YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON INFACT GOD WILL BLESS YOU MORE I LIKE YOUR FA MILY

20. precious

January 6, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Mercy, mercy ma lady I lv u till the end cista, u’ r too much MJ en I luv ur family. I wish u ol da best in lyf, HAPPY NEWYR!!!.mncwaaaaa. Ur fan 4rm s.a

21. pretty james

January 23, 2015 at 9:36 pm

U are so humbly to the end ma. I luv u somuch,may God bless u and family ma

22. Bernadette Onikoyiu

February 17, 2015 at 10:06 am

Mercy and Obi, all you both need is prayers. I pray that the Almighty God will continue to shower you with his love and blessings. That you remain together in peace and love. No evil fashioned against both of you will prosper and nothing will ever come to separate you from each other. I wish you the best in everything you do. May you live long to see your children’s children. Amen

23. TICIA

March 18, 2015 at 4:25 pm

I THANK GOD FOR YOU

24. cynthia

February 1, 2017 at 10:45 am

hie i have received a facebook message that u have given me an iphone 6, refrigerator. laptop and a plasma tv and i should pay USD100.00 for the goods to be delivered, is it from u.