Scoop

Model & Actress Venita Akpofure Denies Bleaching Reports; Says ‘Love Your Skin Please’

BellaNaija.com

VenitaModel and actress Venita Akpofure has, in a series of tweets, denied the rumours that she is one of the Nollywood stars who have lightened their skin.

Via her twitter page she explains that she is of mixed heritage and that the skin changes depending of condition.

She gives an example of her current pregnancy and states that even that is not a reason for her to bleach.

Read her tweets below:

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. Mami J

February 18, 2015 at 4:22 pm

I go thru the same drama all the time just becus I’m light skinned, Some of us are NATURALLY light and i use vaseline.,when the pressure is too much, I make up the name of some cream just to have peace…..#loveyourskin

• uju

February 19, 2015 at 9:56 am

I so agree with you Mami, am also light skinned got that from my mum. Everywhere I go am stopped and asked by ladies, Please what cream do you use? I reply them saying that I use Jergens lotions but you should see the look on their faces, some even verbally call me a liar to my face. I have to explain further that ladies should be mindful of their diet, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water, sleep well and take life easy. This has always worked for me, its not about the cream but the lifestyle we choose to live. PLEASE LOVE AND BE COMFORTABLE IN YOUR SKIN.

2. brenda

February 18, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Whats the big issue here? please let bleachers be!!! does it change how much your pay will be at the end of every month if you speak against someone who bleaches?
    Life is too complicated to focus on petty issues such as these! lets rather speak against terror attacks in your country Nigeria, lets join hands and pray against these evils that has surrounded your Nation, we love you and we care, lets focus on more serious issues please!!!!

• lali

February 18, 2015 at 4:49 pm

You seem upset

• Idomagirl

February 18, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Someone missed the point.

3. Chloe

February 18, 2015 at 4:45 pm

I actually opened this page cos I read “denies” as Dencia” don’t ask me how lol… Next please

4. Ebony

February 18, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Lmao @ this kind of ignorance is strictly from Nigeria. Hahahaa.
    Bleaching wouldn’t even make you the most attractive, or the prettiest, or smartest, or richest. If you’re already insecure something else will keep you insecure. Bleach your soul.
    No one’s perfect. Most have a bit of insecurity at the least, but let that be your least/last consideration; to bleach.

5. Call Me Gorgeous..

February 18, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Hi Venita,
    Guess What?! you have a new “fan” in me….
    Well spoken…

6. *Real* Nice Anon

February 18, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Eyebrows on FLEEK though.

• Bisqo

February 18, 2015 at 8:11 pm

Out of curiosity what does “on FLEEK” mean? If someone said that about/to me should I be offended, upset or happy?

• eliza

February 18, 2015 at 9:37 pm

“ON FLEEK” means perfect/on point. So therefore you should be happy if someone says that about/to you

7. Nia

February 18, 2015 at 8:09 pm

I thought she was a airhead, I’m impressed with her analysis, beauty and brain . Society cloded my judgement of her

• Idomagirl

February 18, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Me too!

• adelegirl

February 19, 2015 at 9:16 am

Same here. I am so impressed at how intelligent and articulate she is especially on social media where celebrities her ilk typically display their practical illiteracy with bad grammar and tenses as a badge of sorts. Gossip blogs actually had me categorise her as the typical airhead semi-literate video vixen. Moral is, don’t judge someone if you don’t really know them.

8. Veen

February 18, 2015 at 10:15 pm

If the lady in the picture is Benita, then she doesn’t bleach.
    Dats her natural skin color. Check her fingers

9. Veen

February 18, 2015 at 10:20 pm

Also, let me add that I live in Uk and I use coconut oil/milk. I have noticed a change in my complexion coupled with the fact that there is little/no sun in uk except during summer.
    But I totes agree with Venita that coconut oil enhances your skin complexion. But will not change you from dark to fair.

10. Taipan!

February 19, 2015 at 8:15 am

Wow! she’s beautiful, i’m in love with Her..

11. Ebony

February 19, 2015 at 8:26 am

She seems smart/well spoken. She puts her thoughts together well

12. You know

February 19, 2015 at 9:40 am

Nne please shut Up!, when you were schooling in london, your skin was not this light, n the weather is far better than the harsh weather in 9ja . so what the F u talking about?. Tales of a bleacher……..

• ola's mom

February 19, 2015 at 11:00 am

The fact that she wasn’t this lightskinned then doesn’t mean she bleached. I use myself as an example.
      my parents are very light skinned….As a baby I was very fair….but all through primary school I grew darker (almost chocolate in complexion)….maybe it b cos I used to play in the sun a lot. .. puberty hit when I was about 11. ..I regained my very light complexion….then I was in secondary school…..There are times in my adult life when I get darker eg when I work outdoors for a long time, during nysc camp, when I’m pregnant, when i swim in an outdoor pool. But after a while I regain my fair complexion and I use Johnson and Johnson’s baby cream.
      so free her a beg.

• Bella

February 19, 2015 at 11:09 am

Why na?

13. cleo

February 19, 2015 at 11:33 am

Haba, who is dumb enough to insult her skin by saying she bleached. Bleaching does not give that kind of result. Dont you see how scary dencia looks.
    BY the way she speaks well.

• concerned

February 23, 2015 at 12:26 pm

IKR

14. Yinka

February 19, 2015 at 5:52 pm

I think people assume she bleached because she’s friends with that bleaching expert guy.

15. bisqo

February 25, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Thanks @Eliza!

16. MOM

March 17, 2015 at 2:40 pm

drink lots of green tea, drink lots of lemon water, eat fruits and vegetables. carrots cucumbers .stop theuse of harsh chemicals on your skin. reduce sun exposure. use sheabutter mixed with coconut oil and see your skin in 6 months. excercise your body and drink lotssss of water. you will notice that it is not just your skin that will glow , your hair will grow fuller and your nails longer and stronger. and ppl will ask you are you bleaching?