Music

New Music: Cobhams Asuquo featuring Bez – Do the Right Thing

coby n bezWhat happens when Cobhams Asuquo and Bez come together to create good music?

An amazing song is dropped.

We love their new song ‘Do the Right Thing’ especially in the wake of the things happening in Nigeria right now.

Listen to the song below and share your thoughts!

1. Naveah

February 3, 2015 at 4:33 pm

I ain’t heard it yet but I KNOW for a fact that I’m gonna cop this joint right herrrrrrrrrrrrrre! Two very talented Nigerian brothers who actually PLAY their instruments and sing WITHOUT autotune. I will always support REAL artistry. All these fakers who hide behind autotunes and lyrics that do nothing to edify or uplift, please get your paper and biro o and take notes like sey una dey university, you hear? Please and thank you very very mucho.

2. @edDREAMZ

February 3, 2015 at 5:09 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    This two coming together means a boring track is in place….. I dislike their songs abeg……
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Efemena Sowho

February 3, 2015 at 6:34 pm

SMH……….U obviously dnt knw anything abt #GoodMusic…..its pple lk u dt keep endorsing senseless songs we hear evry now & then….*kmt*

• Sultanwais

February 3, 2015 at 9:44 pm

The beauty about it is that it’s just your opinion and it’s in the minority. Do the right thing Support Good Music

• Tosin

February 4, 2015 at 7:27 am

nna, Jupiter, shebi you’ll even listen to it before concluding 🙂

• Ariana

February 5, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Go and sleep

3. omab

February 3, 2015 at 5:14 pm

i so love this

4. Sultanwasi

February 3, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Was a bit scared that I would get bored by this song but I must I am impressed. Well done Bez & Cobhams

5. Paix

February 3, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Fantastic song….meaningful lyrics….totally agree from movie star to pepper seller do the right thing @ all times….shine and standout

6. ms.b

February 3, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Of cos, majority of Nigerians prefer noise and jargons to real music with sensible lyrics. Do the right thing by learning how to recognize and appreciate MUSIC.

7. Rosie

February 3, 2015 at 7:00 pm

dope…..wonderful music….i love love it

8. fume

February 3, 2015 at 8:20 pm

i knew it was gonna be dope. i love it# oh oh oh DO THE RIGHT THING
    well done guyz.

9. Animal Doctor

February 3, 2015 at 11:30 pm

This is dope? Y’all can be good and support a good cause but no need to lie about it. It is not helpful for the artists. Personally, I’m not a fan of Naija artists who take too much of a western approach to their songs; If I wanted to hear an american or british sounding pop song, I know where to go. The naija factor in those songs you lot are calling garbage is what makes us like them and the artists so popular.
    You can still be a soul/R&B artist artist with quality Naija jams e.g. Good morning by Brymo. I wish Bez (especially) and Cobhams would try this for a while and I have a feeling their popularity and success will rise significantly, cause they are obviously very talented artists.

• Tolu619

February 6, 2015 at 10:11 am

It’s not a lie. I heard this song without knowing who sang it and googled the lyrics. That’s how I ended up on this page. As for that Nigerian originality in music, I used to enjoy Nigerian music in the 90s. But the current set of artistes are spamming horrid cacophonies most of the time. People like Flavour are still original, but people like that are few and far between nowadays. The rest release 1 or 2 original albums, then switch to the same noise making nonsense that the 2nd rate artistes are making.

10. flo

February 4, 2015 at 5:37 am

Love it… !!

11. B is for beautiful

February 4, 2015 at 7:00 am

Love it! Good job, Cobhams and Bez

12. Tosin

February 4, 2015 at 7:25 am

Kai! Radio go overlove this song. If they come add video, that’s a better world already. Gorgeous, lovely, beautiful.

13. Engee

February 4, 2015 at 9:02 am

SUPERB!

14. LonelyGirl

February 4, 2015 at 9:47 am

They sure” DO” the Right thing… wonderful song reminds me of this song by Fun – We are young. Lovely song, how do I download it..
    Humming the refrain ” You are the light, you are the sun, you are the only hope , keeping hope alive…”

15. Ayana

February 4, 2015 at 10:03 am

Beautiful song

16. Safty

February 4, 2015 at 11:49 am

I like. its a really nice song with beautiful lyrics and away from the regular hip things we hear today. Both of them have unique voices so big ups to them. lets politicize it a bit and use it for the elections and do the right thing.

17. Olamide

February 4, 2015 at 11:49 am

Another great song from Coby and Bez. Thanks guys #Goodmusic #Onpoint

18. Mee

February 4, 2015 at 11:59 am

Such an amazing song!!

19. [email protected]

February 4, 2015 at 3:27 pm

ITS IS GOOD. THE LYRICS MAKE SENSE

20. Pat

February 5, 2015 at 1:21 am

Aww….. I so love it 🙂 OMG…Amazing….

21. Bezra

February 5, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Saying this song is amazing and what Nigeria needs (if we’d all listen to the lyrics) is doing the right thing! #CopyGood #DoTheRightThing

22. Engr Newton

February 6, 2015 at 11:03 am

Great song.. can’t believe people have negative things to say about this, well I’m not surprised ‘cos an Igbo proverb says that “When when we keep doing the wrong things it becomes a custom/way of life- Ihe ojo gba afor oburu omenala”
    If the right thing is the order of the day| The World will be a better place to stay. #DoTheRightThing

This wouldn’t have come at a better time..

23. yewande

February 6, 2015 at 8:25 pm

The best song I have heard this year..do the right thing and listen to this song..#DoTheRightThing#

24. KumaniMusic

February 22, 2015 at 1:25 am

Out of all the nigerian artists whom I love so much, these 2 guys are perfect for me to Collaborate with. Originally from Cameroon. I live in Houston. Anyone who has their contacts please link me up. Here is a sample
    youtu.be/5bI0JYBUqhg

25. shogo

May 2, 2015 at 6:21 am

U guys should keep it up, you are amazing! But I want you to do me a favor, I just need the lyric of the song for my children. Do the right thing

26. succulent

October 7, 2015 at 7:52 am

wow! dis song is touching… Ao i wish every Nigerians had listened to it cos it wil go a long way in correcting our behaviours. I tink d song shud b translated to our three major languages (yoruba, ibo nd hausa) for d sake of pple who cudn’t hear english. shallom

27. Onyekachi Nwimo

November 24, 2015 at 10:45 am

…Do the right thing”…… What an introspective song coming from Cobhams and Bez…. I have played this song on repeat a thousand times and still playing while I’m typing this post…. Cobhams is sure a classic singer who’s in synergy with Asa,Bez and Chris Delvan Gwamna… It’s time we sing songs that pierce the soul and appeal to social development like Fela, Majek, Onyeka Owenu , Sunny Ade, Essien Igbokwe, Bongos Ikwue, Sunny Okosun… these are/were people that compelled the government at their time to sit up… The lyrics of “”Do the right thing”‘, is beyond poetic lyrics but also beckons on citizens to take a stand and do the right things…. “”Corrupted mind is your worst enemy….