Relationships

OC Ukeje: I Got So Many Hate Messages When I Got Married

OC Ukeje & Ibukun Togonu Wedding | BellaNaija | November 2014 079.IMG_7442

Young Nollywood star OC Ukeje surprised many when he tied the knot to his Canadian-based love Ibukun Togonu.

In a recent interview with Punch, he talked about his long-distance marriage, receiving ‘hate messages’ from female fans and more.

On Female Fans’ Reactions to His Marriage
“I got so many hate messages from female fans. We get messages like that every day but you do not know who is serious and who is joking. I just take all of them at face value and move on because at the end of the day, they are just fans.”

On Being in a Long-Distance Marriage
“We spoke about the distance between us before we got married. It is something that must be addressed. I do my best to stay faithful to the one that I decided to remain faithful to for the rest of my life. We do our best to stay in touch with each other every day so that we would know what we are up to. We make sure we stay in constant touch with each other.”

You can read the entire interview on Punch.

Photo Credit: Insigna Media for BellaNaija.com

1. EllesarisEllendil

February 14, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Trying to understand the logic behind hating on a man for not marrying you and coming up short.
    BTW, Bella=JImi LIB=Ambode wonder who ends up winning?

2. tish

February 14, 2015 at 8:15 pm

Lol hate messages as per he was dating you before and dumped you to marry the Ibukun abi wetin? Some people are just mentally unstable.

3. aurora

February 14, 2015 at 9:16 pm

awon bella naija girls.
    talambout how the babe is not fine and all what not
    see what you guys have done?

4. Flow

February 14, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

5. nene

February 14, 2015 at 9:31 pm

i can’t do long distance relationship/marriage, but good for those who can. i just can’t.

6. Chika

February 14, 2015 at 10:37 pm

Relationships yes but distance is marriage??? Hmmmm! I Love OC and I’m happy for him but distance is no joke and when it comes to marriage…again, Hmmmm. May the Lord bless and Keep you both. May your Love never tarnish and may the Lord create a way to keep you both in the same place and under the same roof forever. Amen!

• Sugar

February 15, 2015 at 10:18 am

Distance Marriage keee. How does that work? How do people even survive in a distance marriage for heavens sake. There will be room for cheating and definitely a lot of disagreement will come up. For how long do you want to be in a distance marriage? does it have a definite end point or you’re gonna be like that till heavens knows when. Then you raise your children in distance also without a father figure. You come back home from work and no wife to ask you how ur day went and you jump in the kitchen to cook and live a bachelor live all over again, you wife also lives like a single abroad. CANT DEAL !!!!

7. Eileen

February 14, 2015 at 10:55 pm

Men lie on daily basis nd r very good at deceiving women. So how wnt you gat hate messages. Abeg stay married nd keep quiet abt it.who give a – anywayz.

• Lies men tell

February 15, 2015 at 6:52 pm

As in “very good at deceiving woman”. I can’t just start mentioning names. Especially all these OAP’s ladies drool over. We ladies just need to be careful All these guys are handsome and good looking but very dangerous and deadly.

8. becky

February 15, 2015 at 12:21 pm

hahahahaha hate u for bn married? God help your kids to be wise………

9. Mahka

February 15, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Its really no joke o,long distance marriages is so hard esp in the early years…God’s grace in ur dealings sha….
    pls visit. .www.mahkaravesnrants.blogspot.com

10. Toro

February 16, 2015 at 2:22 am

Happy for them, but long distance marriage with desire for Canadian citizenship written all over it. It’s very common. One person will need to relocate or it won’t last long term…

11. Spicey

February 16, 2015 at 2:42 pm

love Busola Dakolo…….her smile is so real.

12. odinaka

August 2, 2015 at 7:33 pm

I love u both aunty Ibukun and bro Oke. he has always been my roll model. I pray God blesses this marriage.

13. Jenwi

January 11, 2018 at 11:46 am

Distance ke? Tibi nko? How do they cope with sexual urges? e-sex no dey produce babies o. Apart from babies, body suppose dey touch body na. No be be kin harmattan wey dey town now. I cannot take am rub body o..
    Well, i wish una the best all the same.