Scoop

Support Our Troops! Sammie Okposo & Jim Iyke Visit the Nigerian Army in Abuja

Sammie Okposo & Jim Iyke (1)It was announced recently that the Nigerian Army had stormed Sambisa forest (click here if you missed it) and in a bid to show their support, singer Sammie Okposo and actor Jim Iyke visited the Mogadishu Cantonment in Abuja.

Jim Iyke and Sammie Okposo were joined by other supporters from the Support Our Troops group.

Sammie Okposo & Jim Iyke (5) Sammie Okposo & Jim Iyke (4) Sammie Okposo & Jim Iyke (2) Sammie Okposo & Jim Iyke (3) Sammie Okposo & Jim Iyke (1)

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. thatikwereebabe

February 12, 2015 at 4:07 pm

That’s one move in the right direction

2. Kachi

February 12, 2015 at 4:12 pm

This brought tears to my eyes… This is the way forward Nigeria, not every time criticize, politicize and condemn. Our troops are human too, their job is to keep us safe. God bless them!

3. Scared Homosapien

February 12, 2015 at 4:14 pm

They quickly ran to Abuja to show support to the troops. Which troops? My friend, you better head to Sambisa to support them. Abuja is just for pushing files, unless you want to ask for contract.

• Oluchi

February 12, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Na which one you do, faceless and nameless ‘wet blanket’ like you?

• OD

February 12, 2015 at 5:12 pm

I was going to say the same thing. They should go to Borno and show support and not Abuja.

4. jerry jay

February 12, 2015 at 4:31 pm

@scared tell dem….go to yola mubi michika vintin basa gulak…madagali….Yobi…..marduguri…bamam, yeye pple una day abuja day flex say una day support Troops…Taaaaaaaaaaaa!!

• Oluchi

February 12, 2015 at 5:09 pm

Follow, follow, na bad disease o…..Why you no lead the the way to those places you mention. Bad belle no good.

5. @edDREAMZ

February 12, 2015 at 5:05 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    M.I sang a dope song for our soldiers so i guess he should have been there no doubt.
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

6. marculey

February 12, 2015 at 5:27 pm

they’ve not gone far or even had any success yet, Nigerians quickly rush to deceive themselves saying they’re in support Hmmmm let’s wait for the outcome. Oga Jona na now day break ooo?

• Beeeee

February 12, 2015 at 6:07 pm

So you will only support them if they succeed? Whether they succeed or not are they not still paying the ultimate price?

7. coke

February 12, 2015 at 5:36 pm

STOP DISTRACTING THEM PLS.

8. Beeeee

February 12, 2015 at 5:38 pm

Nigerians sha, we must always complain. This really brought tears to my eyes….when stars in other countries go and support their troops do they go to the warzones? When I see a story like this, I don’t expect to see any negative comments. These men are human beings like us, fighting for our freedom. It’s not about APC or PDP or Jonathan or Buhari. Do you know how many of these soldiers have died for us already? They are barely recognised. We don’t know their names. These men and women are heroes. I don’t understand us sometimes sha….I’ve been seeing people laughing at them and calling them cowards for running away. These people have families and are in the line of fire. It doesn’t matter if they are in Abuja or Port Harcourt or Lagos. These are selfless men and women and anyone who boosts their morale, APC, PDP, whatever, is ok in my books. We that are complaining, what have we done? NOTHING

• tunmi

February 12, 2015 at 10:32 pm

I’m with you, I am. But these starts actually go to these places to support the troops. Okay, troops are in Iraq and Afghanistan but you are staying in Maryland or Virginia to support the troops?? The troops are in Borno, a visit to their barracks in Borno or the military hospital in Borno would actually be supporting them

9. June

February 12, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Rolling my eyes… Here comes another #(hashtag). After all these years…. Now support. Abeggg! What are our priorities as nation ? Are we now waking up to take action against boko haram. na wa ! It’s in our own cooking pot.

10. Drknite

February 12, 2015 at 6:19 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes! Ladies please support the troops, mini skirts and a lil twerking will do.

11. Bola

February 12, 2015 at 7:03 pm

This is a great initiative

12. Femi D

February 12, 2015 at 8:49 pm

This is what I like to see!
    The Nigerian army is not perfect. In fact they are at their lowest point in Nigerian history. Gestures like this and that song by MI Abaga is how you boost troop morale. Give them something to believe in because their groundnut salary is not enough to die for. And all the senior officers that embezzle money alloted for weapons….in fact I will not say what I wish for you. The BN complainers with no solution please send us photos when you storm Sambisa forest by yourself.

13. Anon

February 12, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Funmi and Bose well done.

Which one of you is Beeeee? LOL! I have read your speeches so i know the lines you have used. Again, well done.

• Beeeee

February 12, 2015 at 10:37 pm

Ummmm….I don’t know who Funmi or Bose are. Plus I fail to see what is amusing you. But I can assure you, I am not them. Have a blessed evening

• Anon

February 12, 2015 at 11:03 pm

Like you will admit it. RME!

• Beeeee

February 13, 2015 at 12:38 pm

I am a 30 year old married woman with a child and full-time job. I don’t have time for games children play on BN by having a new ID every time they comment. Who am afraid of that would make me want to comment with multiple IDs. You must be an expert at that which is why you feel everyone else does it.

14. mabel

February 12, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Our new maid is from Taraba. She lived with her late hubby in Borno for 3years before he got killed by bh. He was a policeman. Her 6years old daughter is with her mom in Taraba. She lives with us trying to make a living. A lot of women have the same story. Yet you see fellow Nigerians come to blogs and make this about Gej/pdp/apc. No don’t do that. These are people who have volunteered to keep you safe. It doesn’t matter where they are located. You have enemies everywhere. Your family members didn’t volunteer to go fight. Please don’t pretend like you know what our security people are going through cause you don’t know shit.

15. truenigerian

February 12, 2015 at 11:51 pm

Tell me who waits till he becomes a president before he can help any one and thing in the country?

BOOHARI for Marchuari!