Scoop

African Diva! Watch the Trailer for Chika Ike’s Reality TV Show

Chika Ike AFrican DivaA few months ago when Chika Ike first announced her reality TV show ‘African Diva’ she mentioned that it was largely inspired by Tyra Banks‘ America’s Next Top Model meets Big Brother Africa.

The trailer for the show is out and it features audition clips, a clip of Chika Ike talking about the show and more.

‘African Diva’ will feature 22 ladies between the ages of 18 and 35 living in a house for four weeks. At the end, one lucky girl will win N4 million, a movie contract, and a year’s supply of accessories.

Check on it!

1. Yve

March 2, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Goosebumps….. not in a good way.

• Ifeanyi

March 2, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Really

2. annie

March 2, 2015 at 1:09 pm

#sideeye…………………. what is this??

3. tee A

March 2, 2015 at 1:11 pm

I didnt realize i had this goofy smile on my face until i came to the end of the video. Hate to admit it but i’m actually looking forward to watching this.
    Seems like a lot of ratchet-y fun will be had.
    Go Chika. Keep doing you!

4. concerned

March 2, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Forgive my ignorance: please, what exactly does an “African Diva” do? Can someone kindly enlighten me? Thank you.

• COKE

March 2, 2015 at 7:05 pm

🙂

5. Poshy

March 2, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Well done chika

6. Ada

March 2, 2015 at 1:30 pm

HahahahHa I can’t wait to watch this o

7. ada

March 2, 2015 at 1:45 pm

RATCHET TV.Com
    Lol…
    Us girls ennnn

• chloe

March 2, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Love and Hip Hop, The real Housewives and co are all Ratchet Tv…. This can’t possible be in the same category maybe “RAZZTV.Com”

8. IRA

March 2, 2015 at 1:45 pm

My mouth is open, with d jaw touching d ground. ki le leyi? Ratchet is too dignified to describe this, Chika naaaa!!!!

9. goddessofvictory

March 2, 2015 at 1:51 pm

well done Chika! i am not watching sha *continues reading fifty shades of grey*

10. Cynthia

March 2, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Hope it gets better

11. e-bukun

March 2, 2015 at 2:31 pm

This is dumb. We already have enough issues with women pulling each other down, and while others are creating avenues of empowerment and women supporting each other, this “diva” is stacking up the ratchet and bitc*y list,

12. fleur

March 2, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Nice way to create a stereotype about nigerian girls

13. shenkron

March 2, 2015 at 2:46 pm

her dress is lovely. Chika seems to have good dress sense

• jhennique

March 2, 2015 at 2:59 pm

u say?

• zelda

March 12, 2015 at 11:05 am

if i hear

14. tami

March 2, 2015 at 2:50 pm

thumbs up Chika, well done! May God bless your hard work.

15. prince

March 2, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Not a fan

16. Uju

March 2, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Ratchet no doubt, however I must commend her for putting this together. Must have taken a lot of time, effort and money.

17. Me!

March 2, 2015 at 3:45 pm

The Lord help this generation..

18. fleur

March 2, 2015 at 3:51 pm

So are African divas trashy or ladylike because I saw a lot of Ajegunle and waterfront types on the little piece. tomorrow when white people and our fellow Africans start using some of the antics on display in this type of show to set expectations for us we will cry foul.

19. June

March 2, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Yikeeeeeessssssss !!!!!!!!!! *hmmmm* sigh* /my eyes hurt already. What is the deal with her outfits though???

20. ojiba ekwulobia

March 2, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Weldone chika! Can’t wait to see you start d show. You’re a damsel, I am solidly behind u.

21. Leanna

March 2, 2015 at 4:19 pm

I don’t understand why this show isn’t called “Nigerian Diva”. There is no other country represented (thankfully)! We’re the same ones who tell people Africa is not a country yet sometimes, we act like it is.
    You don’t see Britain’s Got Talent calling themselves Europe’s Got Talent. Nigeria is a part of Africa but it is hardly a representation of the entire continent, sheesh!

22. Lili

March 2, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Not too moved about d concept tho, but d fact dat some1 will be empowered # i like#…4 m + one year contract no be bean. well done Chika

23. nene

March 2, 2015 at 5:32 pm

she’s awkward in everything she does.

24. jefka

March 2, 2015 at 5:37 pm

it is well, it is well, with my soul, with my soul
    it is well
    it is well
    with Chika”s soul and all the potential agbaya african diva/dame

25. Jfk

March 2, 2015 at 5:49 pm

Not my kind of show but i will watch with one eye.. Allthe best Ms chika

26. Emma

March 2, 2015 at 6:40 pm

I really don’t like hearing this chicks voice in movies talk less of hearing it again in a reality show, her voice just makes me cringe. Whatever rocks her boat sha.

27. Yamaha

March 2, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Yamaha respects Chika’s hustle! She must have used a lot of resources to make this possible. Yamaha might view the show from time to time as per encouraging her fellow lady’s hustle. Yamaha doesn’t think it would be that bad. Yamaha thinks we should all just try at least first two episodes. Infact Yamaha would rather watch her country’s reality show than keeping up with the kargustings! Chika Ike thumps up joor! Yamaha congratulates you on this feat and is proud of you.

28. fashy

March 2, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Chika Ike is an mgbeke girl, no matter the angle she comes from, there is something off about her. With all her fendi this Gucci that, she always looks like she just left onitsha main market

29. Shopperoflife

March 2, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Give d girl a breather! It may not be Hollywood standard but surely effort counts for something. Rome was not built in a day. I bet all ya fake ass snobs would rather hv a Nike Osinowo and her condescending screechy voice. Hypocrites Oshi.

30. idomagirl

March 2, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Where can we watch it biko?

31. #1 African Fashion Blogger

March 2, 2015 at 9:05 pm

This seems quite Interesting. I will look out for the first episode of this reality show!

theHOTJEM.com

32. Ib

March 2, 2015 at 9:05 pm

Yessssss!!!! Her outfit in the pics. She nailed it!

33. @emunahcollection

March 2, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Lol talk about hustling…btw I love some of Chika Ike’s outfit especially the lovely neckpiece in the first pic.
    [BN follow me on IG] *tongue out*

34. PurpleiciousBabe

March 2, 2015 at 9:20 pm

I dont know about the show mehn.!!!
    Rachetty doesn’t cut it but I must commend her hustle.!!!
    To be fair, most reality TV shows got better with time, most started rachetty sha soo yeah just stating what I know.

35. Nelly

March 2, 2015 at 9:43 pm

THIS IS RIDICULOUS..FURTHER DUMBING DOWN OF WOMEN..WHEN WILL WE STOP ALL THIS NONSENSE?? I MEAN SERIOUSLY CHIKA…SO THIS IS THE BEST WE CAN DO IN NIJA..PATHETIC ALL AROUND..MINDLESS, MEANLINGLESS AND QUITE FRANKLY DETESTABLE….GOING DOWN TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET!!!

PLEASE DON’T COMPASRE THIS IN ANYWAY TO NIKE..AT LEAST SHE TRIES TO DIGNIFY THINGS AND NOT INDULGE IN TRASHINESS…I’LL TAKE HER FAKE SCREECHY VOICE ANYDAY THAN THIS NONSENSE!!! AND YES I AM SHOUTING!!!

36. Nelly

March 2, 2015 at 9:44 pm

I meant compare..typo

37. Olivia Ruth

March 2, 2015 at 11:25 pm

ha ha ha ha! I cannot stop laughing!

38. oyinda

March 3, 2015 at 1:12 am

Abeg someone should pour cold warer on me meehn the razzness has got no part 2…..choi the hustle is real…daaamn ahn ahn in this our continent Nigeria?? na wa o the trailer na die…..
    #sorry the visuals affected my grammar#

39. db

March 3, 2015 at 2:48 am

When actually is the show starting?

40. H

March 3, 2015 at 5:08 am

I think Chika n those girls need to check d meaning of the word “Diva” again.Those girls obviously came to d show with d mindset to be bitchy n fight cox they believe that is how Diva’s act but according to Queen B- a Diva is a female version of an hustler.To me a Diva has carriage n class too but am dissapointed in all I saw.No proper filter.And yes if d show is Africa Diva it should involve other countries as d name aplies cox Nigeria is a country under Africa.Thumps up to Chika for d effort cox no matter what,its good she put this all together to help a. “Diva” as they call it and also her time n money involved but all na strategy to add to d fame sha,but then again u spend money to get money.Wont guarantee I’m eager to watch but anywhere I see where them dey show am and I no get better tin to do,i go sit down watch to pass time n know what’s up.LOL enjoy everyone!

• Ms. A.

March 3, 2015 at 8:02 am

Why do you keep saying ‘cox’? If writing out ‘because’ is such a Herculean task, and you settle for the abbreviation, why not use ‘cos’? What is cox? I am actually going out on a limb in assuming you mean ‘because’. Grown people acting like 10 year olds.

41. tunmi

March 3, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Rename it as Naija Diva or Nigerian Diva and I will watch. Beht, where? YouTube or TV?

42. Bella

March 3, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Wow, Ok o . Firstly let me give her props for her manpower to get this together but at the same time, as young woman, aspiring actor (she’s not novice) could she honestly not divert to a project more worthwhile and empowering for young females to sustain themselves in life versus acting like hood rats and showcasing the debilitating moral fibre in our society .#moneyfail

43. lisa

March 3, 2015 at 3:36 pm

SHAME SHAME SHAME on the women here putting her down,many of u are bunch of hypocrites and wish u were her.well badbelle is allowed.women putting other women down and we complain when men put women down.

44. Abby Scuitl

March 4, 2015 at 5:16 am

RuPaul drag race lol

45. Slimqueenie

March 4, 2015 at 11:15 am

First of, well done because it is not easy to start this big project but then again, it is just the first season and hopefully there would be “another season” with a truck load of improvement because this your trailer na BS.

A lot of razz girls, W class celebrities or even Z class and what are the girls doing in the bush?!!

Abeg, next season (if you go fit), make sure you do better in the packaging..

46. Dandelion

March 4, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Poverty is a bastard!!!

47. h

March 4, 2015 at 10:09 pm

@Ms.A. English teacher! I’m so glad u got the message I was passing in respective of my choice of abbreviation for d word “because”. No law states that I must use “Cos instead of “Cox”.Someone came up with that abbreviation n if we are to judge by which is right or wrong,then both are wrong because there is no “O” in d actual spelling..I didn’t come here to fight or insult anyone so please watch your comment on the “10years old adult talk.I got nothing against Chika but I believe I still have d right to speak my mind n have fun cox it’s a free world. Oops I just said “Cox” again-SUE ME! Lol

48. chedvah_debby

April 18, 2015 at 11:19 pm

Lol, I’m loving the cox and cos drama. Anyway, on chike Ike’s divas, I’ll say a nice try. Even thought it’s not up to standard yet, but it’s nice for her to come with such an idea and also “dashing” 4 million naira is not beans. If it comes back for a season two I’m sure it will be better

Chedvahinspired.wordpress.com

49. Eudora

August 29, 2015 at 1:33 pm

HMM SOCIAL MEDIA!!!an avenue for pple to vent their anger and jealousy on other people, especially celebrities .Yes she might be an mgbeke and a low class chick, but at the end of the day, we shall only be remembered by our works. So I ask, You fashionista,u know it all and u perfect creation, what have you done to empower the less privileged around you? what good deed would u be remembered by after a long race on earth? Pls let’s stop bringing our fellow humans down just to feel good about ourselves it doesn’t make any sense at all.