Relationships

Fierce! Yagazie Emezi on Interracial Relationships, Choosing Not to Cook for a Man & More! | Watch

It’s Yagazie Emezi‘s birthday!

The cartoonist with an admirable afro is also a vlogger, and to celebrate, we thought we’d share some of her popular videos with the BN fam.Yagazie Emezi

On Interracial Dating

In this video, she tells people to stop tagging her on interracial dating Instagram pages, as she doesn’t think her relationship should be put on a pedestal because of race.

“When I went for my first baseball game, did anybody clap for me ?” she asks, as such, she doesn’t understand why people applaud white men who embrace African culture – dancing to their partner’s country music etc.

I Won’t Cook For You

In this video, she says people should be together because of love, and men should not be with women because they can cook, clean etc

She says women who cook and do laundry to get into men’s hearts are stupid.

She states she will not cook for someone before marriage, and her husband should cook for her too. She shares that she dated someone for two years and never cooked for him.

When Should Someone Have Sex for the First Time?

Yagazie says she gets a lot of emails from young women who want to know the right time for their first time.

She gives general tips and shares a bit about her first time.

Photo Credit: instagram.com/YagazieEmezi

See more of Yagazie’s videos on her YouTube page!

1. Ynnon

March 2, 2015 at 3:58 pm

I feel like you guys posted her videos just to stir up a debate.

2. @edDREAMZ

March 2, 2015 at 4:15 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    “”When Should Someone Have Sex for the First Time?”” if i catch my self asking a fellow man this question i will just kill myself……
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

3. f.n nwapa

March 2, 2015 at 4:26 pm

She’s very comfortable in her own skin.
    Her hair is amazing.
    Her cartoons are hilarious.
    The way she talks and her ability to not just ‘send’ even more beautiful.

Don’t agree with everything she says but I’m a fan.
    oh!!! I loveeee her name. Igbo people be answering all sorts of ‘cool’ names nowadays.
    Yagazie gi.

4. Ekalor

March 2, 2015 at 5:02 pm

She is funny, real but funny…

5. Engoz

March 2, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Yesterday, instead of reading for exams, I was on on some yagazie binge rewatching old videos and now I see this. Call me weird, but I think our path is gonna cross some day, lol. The ‘uncommitted twerker’ cartoon is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. lol.

6. da best

March 2, 2015 at 5:29 pm

u ar very stupid nd full of urself girl i wuld hav bt……………………………………………………?

7. Kiiki

March 2, 2015 at 9:21 pm

I am all for Natural hair ooo, but in the first video (swirl love), Yagazie’s hair looks unkempt! It’s literally all over the place! I mean, come on, a little combing/patting/ fluffing/taming won’t hurt aye?

That aside, i love her down-to-earth demeanor! Nice!

8. msbea

March 2, 2015 at 10:55 pm

A month ago I met a funny, intelligent, caring and handsome man who happens to be white (Italian). I am really uncomfortable with all the stares we get whenever we are out in public together. I mean, we live in multicultural London and black men with white women is a regular occurrence. Somehow the black girl/white guy dynamic doesn’t seem to sit well with people or overly fascinates folk. My girlfriends ask me weird ass questions like ;what is he like on dates?’ (he is charming, generous etc) ‘how is the sex?’ (too soon for me to know you fast girls lol) that they don’t bombard me with immediately when I date black guys. I am already exhausted with It so I feel you Yagazie!

• memebaby

March 3, 2015 at 7:59 pm

its all in your head.. no one really cares..in a few years.. we all will look mixed..enjoy your date

9. Anonymous

March 2, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Like how she keeps it real.

10. mywifeisfiiiiiiine

March 2, 2015 at 11:27 pm

All this one just to stir up some ish. Well for those of you that want to put rules and regs on dating, especially long throat naija girls. First rule should be to take care of your bills, if you go to a restaurant, movie, vacation etc pay your own half and a guy will never ask you for anything, in fact he will love you more for it. After making noise about not cooking you want a guy to chase you till you get a restraining order, you are the stupid one. If you can’t give much of yourself why desire anyone to give that much to you. Not to say some people don’t put themselves out there too much but there isn’t really a rule to these things, just be a little cautious and sensible and ask all the questions you need answers to. If he can’t answer to your satisfaction atleast you can know where to place him in your life.

• Ms. A.

March 3, 2015 at 7:34 am

Yes…….because why not go back to the status quo of men giving women money in exchange for sex and maid duties. If you can’t cook for him and sleep with his penis in your mouth, why would he be with you? Right? You clearly don’t know what you are talking about. For your information, many girls date on equal grounds ie they don’t expect money from their partners and they basically pay their own way. Does that stop the men from expecting them to cook and clean for them? NO!. If you are not careful sef, they will start using style to collect money from you.

11. adelegirl

March 3, 2015 at 9:06 am

Please what’s the big deal about cooking or not cooking in a relationship? When you care for someone be it in a casual relationship or in marriage, you want to nurture them and cooking can be part of nurturing. I mean, my friends (girlfriends) who loved to cook, did so on the regular. In fact, I used to tease one about being an enabler – she would cook great meals and not have any because she was on a diet and those of us “longerthroat” friends would happily gobble up her offerings and get fat as she maintained a strict diet. I have been in relationships where I cooked and the guy cooked for me as well. In fact my ex cooked for me ever before I even dreamt of cooking for him. He cooked lovely meals on the regular just because he loves cooking. Should he be lamenting about how he cooked for his girlfriend who ended up not marrying him? My husband cooks for me on the regular and I cook for him too. Please what’s this strict rule about not cooking in relationships? I am trying to understand why it is such a big no no.

• Ms. A.

March 3, 2015 at 9:45 am

” When you care for someone be it in a casual relationship or marriage you want to nurture them” Going by what you just said, when you care for someone (girl cares for boy or boy cares for girl) you nurture them and you can do this by cooking for them. Why then is cooking left for women? Are they supposed to be the only ones that care? Who made that law? I didn’t get the memo. So by deduction, i can say that my man doesn’t care for me if he does not cook for me.
      And see the freaky and bewildering thing about this whole women are supposed to cook for men thing- more than half of the world is women. Women by default are seen as the cooks and cleaners etc, yet the world’s most celebrated chefs are male. If a man cooks he is a chef, when a woman does, she is just doing her job. Why heap accolades on her.

• Ms. A.

March 3, 2015 at 9:54 am

Please note that i haven’t said i wont cook in a relationship, but i wont cook as part of my requirements for wife 101 exam. Actually, i like trying out new recipes, but i never lead with that when i meet a new guy. Lest he thinks am showcasing my wifely abilities. I do however strongly object to the man getting home before the woman, who by the way never said she loved cooking or is a chef by profession, laying down on the couch and waiting for the woman to come home and cook.

• jhennique

March 3, 2015 at 9:57 am

madam. It is a big deal! period!

• Ms. A.

March 3, 2015 at 10:04 am

• Ms. A.

March 3, 2015 at 10:08 am

12. tunmi

March 3, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I love her

13. Naveah

March 6, 2015 at 5:07 pm

@ msbea

If you are taking your eyes of this Funny, Intelligent, CARING and Handsome man to look at who is looking at you weird and all then you must not really be into him. You will let people’s stares and their personal issues cause you to lose a man who by your description seems to be a catch. No, you didn’t say you will leave him but let me tell you, if you continue to uncomfortable that feeling will soon permeate and ruin your relationship. No man or woman wants to be with a person who is NOT comfortable in their skin and not confident in their decision making ability.

Your friends are asking you general questions that will apply to any other man – How is he on dates? How is he in bed? How is that race specific? These questions can apply to any man!

Abeg listen to this advise, STOP MAKING MOUNTAINS OUT OF MOLEHILLS. I think the issue is more with you than anyone else because you are stepping out of your comfort zone to date a person outside of your race (assuming this is your first try). View the man as a homo sapien first and stop seeing his color. Jerks come in every color, shape or size. If he is charming and generous on your dates wetin be your wahala? I hope he stops your heart, knocks your back out and curls your toes when you do get in bed (I’m not advocating fornication #jesusbeafence) but that ain’t nobody’s business but yours. And if that doesn’t happen, it ain’t a white/black thing….it is only a bad sex/no chemistry thing.

*drops mic*

14. AlmondEyes

March 6, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Abeg. I cannot like your comments enough. Who are you and why are you saying the things I’m thinking! Just like you, I love trying out new recipes. The last time some guy asked me if I can cook “I asked him, do you have any intentions of courting me.” He quickly replied no”. Prior to that I’d just tell them I couldn’t cook. Honestly speaking, I cannot cook a lot of native meals, but I can follow recipes to every last detail. I am also very creative. Older people tease and tell me to learn how to cook, but I just smile. When there are Nigerian food blogs everywhere? LOL.

radieuxese.wordpress.com