Scoop

Kelly Osbourne Reveals She May Remove Ovaries, Like Angelina Jolie

Kelly Osbourne

Kelly Osbourne

TV personality Kelly Osbourne has revealed that she may be removing her ovaries; just like Hollywood star Angelina Jolie did (click here if you missed it).

She made the big revelation while on The Talk recently.

The 30-year-old star said: “I actually do have the cancer gene. My mom made all of us get tested after she found out that she had it and got her double mastectomy.”

Kelly added, “I agree with this 100 percent. I know that one day I will eventually have to do it too because if I have children, I want to be there to bring them up. I want to be there to support them in every way I can. It’s something I applaud Angelina for because she’s bringing attention to this, and people are now going to go out and get tested for it.”

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Frazier Harrison

1. Ochouba Chidinma

March 25, 2015 at 11:56 am

Follow Follow Woman!!….Copycat things!! Be Yourself mbok!

• tish

March 25, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Be yourself? What are you on about? Are you aware that this is a life and death issue. I pray that you never have any experience of cancer before you understand that it’s no joke!!

• Xristybabes

March 25, 2015 at 3:13 pm

is this what someone should copy?dont know why people dont comprehend before commenting.SMH

• Awareness

March 25, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Hmh….bia,this is not colour blocking,or make up or wearing butt pad.It is about creating an awareness.In this day and age,wake up and get tested!.It’s sad BRCA testing might not be available in Nigeria,but even the available tests to know your genotype,Rhesus factor and even HIV status are not taken seriously by people.
      @ Bellanaija..,please kindly create a column to create an awareness on the importance of all these test so as to educate people like madam ochuoaba(itz not her fault,she might just not know much).

2. Abbs

March 25, 2015 at 12:26 pm

@Ochuoba your comment amazes me. This is a very serious matter and any publicity should be welcomed. She can “copycat” / “follow follow” all the way even if it means only 1 life is saved / prolonged.

3. poison ivy

March 25, 2015 at 12:28 pm

@ chidinmma, chill girl. It is not a trend,it’s cancer.

4. 2015

March 25, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Did i just hear you call her follow follow woman?Copy cat things on matters as serious as cancer?This shows the height of your illiteracy …yes you have PHD ..infact i wont glorify you by saying you have PHD …I retract that statement but i wont i wont delete the comment …you are an educated ILLITERATE with free access to the computer.

5. Ochouba Chidinma

March 26, 2015 at 10:01 am

xtisty babes…. Indeed I didn’t Comprehend before Commenting, I just saw the heading!!
    Tish… Amen… Thanks for Letting Me Know #God Bless
    Awareness….Thanks! Truth is… I don’t know anything about the aforesaid Cancer .
    Poison Ivy…Thanks For Enlightening Me
    2015…… I don’t have PHD yet!! but thanks still!!
    Y’all Thought me something Today….I Really Appreciate!! Thank You Once Again!!

6. Chicky

March 26, 2015 at 4:13 pm

May God be with Kelly. Wondering how a typical african family will take the news of their daughter loosing her ovaries cos she has cancer genes. Truth is we need more education..