News

Muhammadu Buhari Wins 2015 Presidential Elections!

Buhari WON

Nigeria has spoken.

After almost 48 hours of awaiting the final results of the presidential elections, here we are. APC’s Muhammadu Buhari has won the 2015 presidential elections!

Adebola Williams, co-founder of RED Media Africa, tweeted the following confirming the news:

It was a really close race between PDP candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan and Buhari. Here are the results broken down by state:

Ekiti: APC – 120,331 | PDP – 176,466

Edo: APC – 208,469 | PDP – 286,869

Taraba: APC – 261,326 | PDP – 310,800

Sokoto: APC – 671,926 | PDP – 152,199

Delta: APC – 48,910 | PDP – 1,211,405

nigeria_election_result

***

BellaNaijarians, how do you feel about the results? Buhari is the next president of Nigeria!

Photo Credit: BBC

1. imose

March 31, 2015 at 6:20 pm

I am so happy that I witnessed this in a life time … democracy !!! Congratulations to my fellow Nigerians, today isn’t about who won or lost the Election but about #Nigeriadecides . This is an amazing mark in history and It depicts that power belongs to the people. Those who have been called to serve / lead should do so accordingly and effectively no matter the position . Nigerians deserves better !!! We have all that it takes to and we will .United we stand,Divided we fall . Our Diversity should be our strength!!
    I believe in one Nigeria … I have friends and family from all geopolitical zones . Let us live together as one nation , one people !! God bless Nigeria !!

To the newly elected , please fulfill that which you have been voted for to do” remember in 4 years you will canvass for our votes and your achievements and results will be our check list and score cards ! #proudlynaija

• Wale

March 31, 2015 at 6:46 pm

This is a very powerful moment. We the people moved our country forward. We revolted against status quo and we stayed with it. We will from now on move forward because we have set a new standard for our country and our future. If Buhari doesn’t perform-yes I said it, even me, I will demand and we should demand another change. Never again shall we be taken for granted. No one person is bigger than our beloved country.
      My work is done:)

• grace

March 31, 2015 at 6:56 pm

I am extremely proud of Nigerians. You guys took action. Democracy is for the people, gives right to the citizens. This is just the beginning. If buhari fails at his job, in four years he will also be replaced. I pray, God will guide him and give him wisdom to lead the country in the right direction. Nigeria will grow as a whole. And this will be beginning of good leadership, no more corrupt military leadership or incompetent civilians

• sista yaa

March 31, 2015 at 7:15 pm

congratulations to u Nigerians. U’ve done a good thing. from an outsider’s point of view, I’m glad u ve a new First Lady. hopefully this one ll be civil.
      you deserve better

• bb

March 31, 2015 at 8:53 pm

My first reaction is pleasant surprise that the renowned PDP machine failed. But, I have a strong feeling that the Nigerian elite is simply replacing itself for self preservation. I doubt that the fundamental problems of Nigeria would change, maybe a bit of window dressing here and there to make the optics look good, but we have not killed the monster which is quite simply – Empire joined disparate groups together for profits, when Empire left an oppressive elite system replaced Empire. Buhari’s win has not killed the oppressive elite system that is out to take, take, take and loot. By the way that elite system is from all the major tribes especially the North that has deliberately kept its people poor and uneducated

• sharon nlekwarm

March 31, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Is not about who won the election,but is all about who will make nigeria better,make nigeria proud and hope for the feature. Please Nigeria we want a good ruler,not a destroyer,may the good lord grant us a good leader,in Jesus name Amen. One love nigeria keep us together.

• halia

April 1, 2015 at 12:38 am

@Imose. Amen and huge echo to what you have articulated! #OneNaija!

2. true_talker

March 31, 2015 at 6:20 pm

hmmmm…this Igbo people. I fear una o
    Congrats APC….

• Gbaam!

March 31, 2015 at 6:31 pm

YOU HAVE NOT BEGAN TO FEAR, WAIT FOR FEAR. WHEN HAS DEMOCRACY CEASED TO BE ABOUT INDIVIDUAL CONVICTION? YOU AS A YORUBA PERSON HAS YOUR VICE PRESIDENT WAITING IN THE CORNER AND BCOS I DID NOT VOTE FOR YOUR PARTY YOU NOW FEAR ME. SINCE WHEN IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA HAVE WE VOTED IN THE SAME DIRECTION. YOU PEOPLE DEMONIZES ANYBODY THAT REFUSES TO BE RAILROADED IN THE SAME DIRECTION. HAIL NO. WE ARE NOT SUBSERVIENT AND WILL NEVER BE, NOT IN THIS LIVE AND NOT IN THE LIFE TO COME. WE ARE WHAT WE ARE AND WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT?

• Blah blah

March 31, 2015 at 7:01 pm

How do you know the commenter is Yoruba? When did Yoruba become the opposite of Igbo? We are all one o. Face the person squarely.
      On to the matter. Congrats to GMB. I will not be disillusioned to think he will be a miracle worker. Progress won’t be made overnight. I really doubt how much change he will bring.
      A round applause for Jonathan. This is truly the first free and fair election conducted in Nigeria. Cos we all know how easy it is for a ruling party to rig the elections. Jonathan has lost. I hope he conducts himself with grace.
      On a lighter note, I have this image in my head of Mama Peace shouting ‘I am not going anywhere. Goodluck can go but I will still remain First Lady!’

• Wowza

March 31, 2015 at 7:18 pm

You are too silly for words. How does your ignorant ass know the person is Yoruba? Get a life and accept defeat instead of blaming Yorubas like you Biafra goons usually do. The person could be any of the many tribe in Naija. The people that liked your post are just as silly as you btw. Abeg take your bad luck away with your GOODLUCK and don’t kill my vibe. Today is a good day for Nigeria regardless of the winner. These elections are free and fair but obviously that went way over your head. Smh.

• ggghh

March 31, 2015 at 7:36 pm

@Gbaam you are a threat to the peace of this country.

• loolah

March 31, 2015 at 8:50 pm

We need to stop voting along ethnic and religious divides, rather vote individuals that can move us forward as a nation, this is a man who only takes 10% of the salary they pay him, how many people can do that? We were just so tired of Jona and peace and their sycophants. They ran this country aground. No clue whatsoever, just to steal and steal, then steal some more.. #change #saiBaBa #saiBuhari. #oneNigeria

• collie

April 1, 2015 at 4:01 am

@Wowza, what’s with the “you Biafra Goons” ? That’s very disrespectful to the lives that were lost during the Biafra war. As a Canadian that had to research and write on African civil wars, I must say that when it comes to history, wars and subsequent consequences of those wars, Nigerians are the most ignorant in West Africa. Based on your utterances (you both), your ancestors most be rolling in their graves. And as for the person attacking Yorubas, (I believe it’s a large ethnic group in Nigeria) it’s absolutely childish to attack a whole ethnic group. I wish you guys will realize that other nationalities read these blogs and see the insults you pelt on each other… not exactly a good image. On a different note, congratulations on your new president!

• NaSo

March 31, 2015 at 6:51 pm

Hey pls no careless talks here….lets face it the north and south west voted on sentiments too especially the north……..SW were in d middle, some substantial votes went to pdp but still due to Prof Yemi (whom I love) the votes went to buhari…. as for the SE to be frank no one really cares much for jonathan over there but Buhari represents a time and era that does not sit well with the easterners so to them GEJ is the lesser devil hence the votes…..Withstanding pls don’t critic people just because the votes didn’t go your way…we can never and will never have the same opinion that is the beauty of being human, we tend to think differently…Nigerians tend to do follow follow just because you wanted your candidate to win badly doesn’t mean you should lose your senses……

I and my Family didn’t vote…shoot me, lol…but we silently hoped buhari would take it..as I love Mr Osibanjo …Congrats Sir! The true test begins

• NagosBigBoi

March 31, 2015 at 7:23 pm

@NaSo, I take a piece from your comment that hits the nail on the head!

“……..as for the SE to be frank no one really cares much for jonathan over there but Buhari represents a time and era that does not sit well with the easterners so to them GEJ is the lesser devil hence the votes…..”

That is exactly what elections in a democracy are: who voter considers BETTER, not the BEST.
      Personally, I see no reason why the younger generation should hold on to the biases of their parents and grand-parents. We need to BREAK THE CHAIN.

• Busola

March 31, 2015 at 7:25 pm

In 2011 the Yorubas supported GEJ. Was GaeJ’s VP a Yoruba man? This isn’t about tribe or religion. It is about our dear country Nigeria. If the president isn’t performing then he will be vored out.

• NaSo

March 31, 2015 at 8:01 pm

@Nagobigboi…Thank you. I totally agree with you, that the younger generation needs to start breaking the chain then again its a complex issue. The government has not really done anything substantial in the east, they take but do nothing (e.g. Rivers and Oil) so most easterners just care about their daily bread and how to hustle for a living. All these election wahala is just a case of who they think is a lesser threat but with Amaechi and Okorocha as Buharis campaign sponsors maybe they can at least do one substantial project there……I am just glad to see how Nigerians were so passionate about the elections gives me hope for the future

• Osan

March 31, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Congrats to GMB, but most importantly, congrats to Nigerians. As a people, we have begun to think beyond our selves. The thought of 1 political party ruling a country for 16 years unbroken, is not healthy for any democracy

As someone from the South South, I remember talking to some people in Delta state, just before the 2011 elections, saying I don’t care where the next president comes from. As long as he provides electricity, security, water, jobs and all the basic necessities, for all of us, Igbo’s, Hausa’s, Yorubas, Efik, Edo, and more, this is what should matter!

But I understand the concerns of the Igbos and to be fair to them it’s not unfounded. An Igbo man will vote for anybody but a hausa man, and it is traceable to the Biafran war, amongst other things.
      However, a new generation of Igbos- the younger generation-who did not witness the war will indeed vote a Hausa man, if they believe he’s capable. It’s just like apartheid in SA and racism in the USA, it may never die completely, but, it took a generation of white people who did not participate in slavery to vote America’s 1st black (half white) president.
      Let’s not forget, that Buhari got thousands of votes in the South east (that’s not to say, all such votes were from Igbos, as there are non-Igbos living in such places)

With regards the Yoruba/Igbo mudslinging on this blog, I don’t think its called for. Just look around you and see how many Igbo’s and Yoruba’s inter- marry. I wish for more of that in our nation. (more inter-tribal marriages that is).

Perhaps the Hausa man in the person of General Buhari needs to extend a good hand of fellowship to the Igbos to prove that we all are better together (like Scotland and the rest of the UK), who knows, he (Buhari) might just change their perspective.

Besides, I am not Ibo/Igbo!

God bless Nigeria!

• NaSo

March 31, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Hi @Busola so sorry if I you misinterpreted my statement . I agree with you that GEJs victory in 2011 was a landslide and supported by everyone. I totally agree and did not mean to cause any insult. A lot has changed since then but my analysis was based on the 2015 elections. The elections left people confused, between a man with a poor regime and a former military man. Who does the public prefer? Lets not forget that the East just do not like Buhari due to his past and the military rule (hope he can show them otherwise) and well the north has not forgiven Joanthan for his unlawful dismissal of Sanusi, so most people that were true to themselves knew the deciding votes were between NC and SW
      thats why i said “especially the North ……… SW were in the Middle”
      Look at the Margin in the north between APC and PDP
      Look at the Margin in the South between APC and PDP
      the votes in SW were not so high a margin between the two parties …they had a good race which means that the SW region were less sentimental but when it came to choosing GEJ poor regime or Buhari who had a history as a dictator, they gave Buhari a chance not only because everyone is absolutely tired of GEJ regime but he chose a Great and Strategic VP, Prof Yemi Osinbanjo (I am a huge fan) and seeing his good records as well as his church. my dear I would say Prof Yemi and the help of Tinubu won Buhari Some votes in the SW..
      I didn’t vote so no bias here just seeing it from my analysis. If it was a fresh candidate then I wouldn’t go this far but the elections were basically the case of choosing the better of two past leaders. Nigeria is so much better than recycling leaders but at least for now we made the right choice and can only hope that as a country we keep improving and being united. Just my opinion, you can refute it if you wish, No insults please lol… #iloveyouall #lovemycountry #loveNigeria

• Argungu

March 31, 2015 at 7:54 pm

The Yoruba tribe is foolish and bigoted. I know they voted for Buhari just because they think that GMB would die and Osinbande… Sorry Osiganjo would take over.. insha allah, you people are dreaming.

• Blah blah

March 31, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Yoruba people just won’t win today. Ekiti voted PDP and people said its because of rice. The remaining Yoruba States voted APC and you are saying its because we hope GMB will die and Osinbajo will become president? This isn’t about Yorubas or Igbos or Hausas. It’s about Nigerians!! Nigerians have made a choice and it’s not PDP. I support neither party and would have voted KOWA if I got my PVC.
      There were at least 2 Igbo presidential candidates in the race. You guys didn’t vote for them. Why?! I actually really want to know why.

• Ade

March 31, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Argungu,

Please save your insults. I remember clearly, in 2011, GEJ won because the Yorubas voted for him. Was he Yoruba? NO. Was his VP/Running Mate Yoruba? No, It was Sambo! So before you start throwing words you know nothing about, check your facts! Please please, drop your tribalistic attitude, and keep your frustration to yourself.

Oh the name you couldn’t spell, is OSINBAJO. Please get it right!

Signed,
      A proud daughter of the Yoruba land

• bb

March 31, 2015 at 8:31 pm

? who is this PIPE…………We voted out a none working government.

• Ofunke

March 31, 2015 at 8:34 pm

You are the foolish and bigoted one.You think people think like you? (selfish narcistic way)for you anyone that is president must die and his VP take over!!!Brain of a Goat msheww

• concerned9ja

March 31, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Shallow thinking OBJ did most of the campaign work for Jona in 2011 and was instrumental in making GEJ President and had enough Female Ministers from the South East…

• emmydo

April 1, 2015 at 5:29 am

@ Argungu….I percieved u are not true nigerian and ur heart is absolutely evil!…get out of here pls.

• Naija girl

April 1, 2015 at 11:28 am

If the yoruba tribe is foolish like you said, how are they able to connive with the north to chase Jona out. I am not Yoruba but when it comes to playing politics, nobody does it better than them. Remember that a yoruba turn a state party into a national phenomenon in two years (tinubu), a yoruba man brought PDP to the limelight and choose his own successor (Obasanjo). If we can’t beat them it is better to join them. They are not so bigoted that they did not want an Hausa president and a south south campaign manager (Ameachi). The reason why they are good is because they know when to relax and when to be aggressive.

• Cici

March 31, 2015 at 9:02 pm

What has this got to do with Igbo people, tribalist? Remember, there Igbo people that were also tired of GEJ’s passivity who voted for Buhari.

• Iris

March 31, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Why is it okay that the north voted overwhelmingly for Buhari but it isn’t okay that the east voted overwhelmingly for Jonathan? I’m not a fan of voting along tribal or religious lines but such things are not restricted to one region please. We know all of you. You pretend to be objective but your derision of easterners shines through.
      I have mixed feelings about this. I still don’t think Buhari is the answer but I’m glad the PDP tenure has been overturned. It’s about time these people learnt that citizens put them there to work. If you don’t work, you should be fired.

• Kingdom

April 1, 2015 at 2:53 pm

What did Igbos do to u? Why do u just hate them so much? When the Igbos voted for Yar’adua in 2007, it was not an issue. When Yorubas voted for Jonathan in 2011, it was not an issue. Now Igbos voted for Jonathan, it is now an issue. The victory of Buhari is now seen as the defeat of the Igbos, even when Jona is not an Igbo man. Why do u so much hate the Igbos! Yet u belong to one church or Mosque. Stop being a hater! Yaters die young!

3. Chy

March 31, 2015 at 6:21 pm

BN… Yall need to withdraw this article and have some respect. Let Jega and INEC declare the winner. I don’t remember them hiring you as PR.

• Princess Chioma

March 31, 2015 at 6:28 pm

@chy…. Are you a Learner!! Gosh! Y don’t u also write cnn and BBC asking them same question!

• Chy

March 31, 2015 at 7:06 pm

The funny part of you comments is the fact that you are actually not referring to my comment. You are referring to someone in your head who asked a question Which I did not. Ooo, by the way I have always preferred Buhari and glad he is winning but I still stand on my comment. BN is disrespectful to Jega and INEC by doing this article . Let them finish the hard work they started.

• Animal Doctor

March 31, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Chy, your fada GEJ has already called to accept that he is the father of losers, ur here yarning dust. My friend go siddon inside suck away

• Someone Naughty

March 31, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Err… Jona has already called Buhari to congratulate him… so whatstops Bella Naija from doing same?

• Someone Naughty

March 31, 2015 at 6:38 pm

*what stops

• Princess Chioma

March 31, 2015 at 8:34 pm

@chy… let me help you wake up cos you must hv bumped ur head.
      This is ur comment – “The funny part of you comments is the fact that you are actually not referring to my comment. You are referring to someone in your head who asked a question Which I did not”
      Then you went ahead to now say “I stand by my comment that BN shudnt disrespect Inec by announcing the results”
      My thoughts – pls go hv dinner or something, you hv no argument. If you are educated, you wud know that the moment GEJ made that call to Buhari, there is no greater announcement than that. Move aside for intellectual peeps to comment biko. Girl bye!

4. Hopeful

March 31, 2015 at 6:21 pm

What an historic win. This shows that Nigerians were really tired of bad governance. I dare anyone to say the opposite. Facts have spoken. May God guide Buhari on his journey to develop this country.

5. S

March 31, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Hi fee happy Hi fee foofid, (after all the rice, pasta and money sharing), Hi neva hesperrerit! All those in Nigeria who voted, y’all are the real MVP

6. tee

March 31, 2015 at 6:23 pm

WOW

7. xtsy

March 31, 2015 at 6:25 pm

June 12 on my mind. Nigerians, please let’s see this till the end.

8. Princess Chioma

March 31, 2015 at 6:26 pm

@true_talker…… I hope under the leadership of Buhari pple like u and ur tribalism wud vanish. Such idiotic comment!! Now run along to your hiding place!

9. bilo

March 31, 2015 at 6:26 pm

BELLA NAIJA U GUYS ARE SO STUPID. WAIT FOR INEC TO OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE THE WINNER. IDIOT. LOSERS.

• nil

March 31, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Why the vulgar words…this is what we are talking about

• Princess Chioma

March 31, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Aww cry of defeat!!

• AT

March 31, 2015 at 6:46 pm

Osinbanjo has confirmed it himself and no need to be rude.

• AsMyself

March 31, 2015 at 6:55 pm

Heeeeeeya!!! Somebody, bring this person a bucket: cry me a river!! Thereafter, here…have some tissue. This right here is the reason we have fought for and received #Change!

Bella Naija is not the cause of your heart ache. Direct your bile and venom towards the corrupt and inept people we just voted out. Grow up, you can express yourself without cussing. #SaiBuhari!!! SaiNigeria!!!

• omololami

March 31, 2015 at 9:01 pm

relax brethren, are you mad cause the rice they gave you is almost finished? brace yourself

10. Animal Doctor

March 31, 2015 at 6:27 pm

GEJ supporters, marinate with this L first lol.

• AD

March 31, 2015 at 6:38 pm

LMAO…

11. Idomagirl

March 31, 2015 at 6:28 pm

So in my lifetime we can vote out the incumbent and ruling party? WOW. The thing still dey do me like feem…

• mjay

March 31, 2015 at 6:46 pm

and yet you call the man corrupt

• chichi

March 31, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Lol.. but why are you so surprised? GEJ may be corrupt but he is no Obasanjo, Abacha or Babangida. He didnt perform as much as i would have liked him to but he gained a lil bit of my respect today for letting the peoples voice be heard.
      Congrats to buhari

12. non

March 31, 2015 at 6:36 pm

Congrats to General Muhammadu Buhari on his win. May Allah guide, protect and give him the wisdom of Solomon to rule & take Nigeria to the next level.

• BettyBooB's

April 1, 2015 at 9:34 am

We prayed so, they all promise & when on the throne they forget all necessary things to be done for the ppl & Nigeria as a nation ! Lastly I know Nigerians need someone strong & not those soft hands that Jonathan & his wifey where doing!!!

13. tai

March 31, 2015 at 6:36 pm

i feel fantastic!! now let the real work be done cos buhari if you mess up,we will sweep you out no sme sme

• nene

March 31, 2015 at 7:01 pm

gbam

14. eyong

March 31, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Nope, sorry, not celebrating until he starts doing! We celebrated jonathan, ddidn’t we? What was the outcome? I don’t know when yoy people will learn! Don’t celebrate a leader until he starts leading. Now that he’s in the seat, the true colors will show, and this could be either good or bad.

• CovertNigerian

March 31, 2015 at 7:02 pm

I think people are celebrating the process, the outcome and the realization that this is a positive step for our country and not necessarily Buhari as a person. That said, I agree that we must reserve final judgement on GMB until we see how he performs.
      From where I am standing, these elections, and the concession call to his opponent may very well be GEJ’s biggest achievement as Nigerian president.

• Busola

March 31, 2015 at 7:32 pm

GEJ’s biggest achievement is this election. I respect him for this. He will forever be remembered in the history of this great country, Nigeria.

15. vheeki

March 31, 2015 at 6:38 pm

YASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. NANAYAA

March 31, 2015 at 6:38 pm

am a Ghanaian bt trust me am sooooo sooooo hapi buhari won, i pray he rules nigerians well…..#dancing skoki ooo# HAHAHAHAHAAAAA

• Missy J

March 31, 2015 at 7:20 pm

While you’re at it twit that your pastor that there’s God ooh!
      Lol Etcetera is coming for Nollywood, he said the bitter truth but most folks thought he was just being jealous. They can’t influence votes in their families. Brands should see this, entertainers cannot influence the populace. Simply deliver votes with no monetary conditions involved they couldn’t let alone deliver customers to you when money is involved. Buhari contested with no single song or series from these entertainers and he is..
      My hats of to Good luck, what a gentle man!!

17. weorch

March 31, 2015 at 6:40 pm

when god says Yes, no amount of money can say no

18. Asa Nwa Baby

March 31, 2015 at 6:40 pm

pls express ur feelings without being insultive, naming this tribe or dat one or naming dis party or d oda. remember, negative utterances will do us no good.

19. Moving on Swiftly

March 31, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Bella Naija you shouldn’t be involved in this kind of situation. The time is 6:31pm as I write this and you are fully aware that INEC (Jega) is still waiting for Borno to read their own results. Even though it is evident that Buhari has won, Jega has NOT announced the winner. You have many readers across Nigeria and Like I said, you should not allow your forum to start avoidable violence in Nigeria. You should be careful, considering what happened in Abuja partly caused by unofficial announcements.

In other news I can’t sit still. So excited that it looks pretty certain that Jonah and Mama Peace are on their way out of ASO ROCK!

20. lol

March 31, 2015 at 6:43 pm

I literally want to cry. For the first time I witnessed democracy. For the first time I really feel change. Our voice we’re heard. The truck crashed so the rice didn’t get to the Nigerians who wanted to sell their kids future. Let democracy reign. Nigerians the God that we serve never sleeps. We just had to wait for our turn it took 50! Plus years . The fact that our voice was heard and how PDP acted this morning. The true winner was clear. Jega you will live in history as one of the greatest man Nigerian has ever made. Run for president I will vote die. Celebrate Nigerians your time has come.

21. S!

March 31, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Sai Buhari!
    Sai Buhari!!
    Sai Buhari!!!
    Three Gbosa!!!
    Aaaaa Pppeeeeee Ccccccceeeeee

People of Nigeria, your votes did count!

22. mabel

March 31, 2015 at 6:50 pm

@true talker no don’t be afraid. Igbo people are very loyal and direct people. If they will not vote for you there’s nothing you can do. If you check, since Gmb has been participating in elections, he has never won a state in the SE. Nothing has changed since then. Igbo people in the SE do not like him. You can’t force them to vote for him. It is not about Gej. If Gmb contest against his fellow northerner, they still will not vote for him. I love my people. Very direct and straight forward people. No apologies.

• Blessing

April 1, 2015 at 3:26 am

Eziokwu thank you very much for this comment. When I saw the margins coming in from the SE I shouted Igbo Kwezuonu. Also our inlaws in Akwa-Ibom, Delta and Cross Rivers did not mess about. At all.

I don’t care if all of SE votes APC or PDP or XYZ as long as they vote the same way.
      Why? Because when they want to kill us in the North, they will kill us TOGETHER. When they want to insult us (like in some of the comments), they will insult us TOGETHER. Nobody will ask an Igbo person are you Rochas brother or sister or are you APC. So when it is time to vote why will we not vote TOGETHER? It is not tribalistic, it is self preservation. Federal politics will never divide us. The impostors that were promising to deliver took the money APC gave for us and made Ofe Egusi with Ejune and stock fish so nothing was remaining to buy votes.

PDP loss will bring Ohaneze Ndigbo closer and lets not forget that the country’s wealth still comes from the Delta region so whether they like it or not they have to reason with them. I wish Buhari the best. If he is smart, he will reach across the divide and form his cabinet wisely (OBJ tried for that area sha). 4 years goes by very fast.

23. *curious*

March 31, 2015 at 6:51 pm

God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
    The I Am That I Am
    The Way, the Truth, the only Life
    I say thank You for doing that which You say You will do.
    Although I got nervous several times, I reminded myself that Your word stands on every ground.
    I hail You oh, my King, who resides in power making power powerful.

To all my fellow nigerians who voted in this election, regardless of preference of candidate, thank you.
    To all who fasted and prayed, thank you.

*dancing to my daddy’s fav song: “He’s a miracle working God”

xx

• Cici

March 31, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Thank you my dear. I remember when the Federation of witches and wizards of Nigeria (FWWN) posted here that Jonathan must win. Lol! Shame on them, shame on the devil worshipers. Jesus is Lord. As much as Buhari is not Christian he is the chosen one, period.

• BettyBooB's

April 1, 2015 at 9:40 am

I hope he doesn’t turn to a sheep in human cloths, truth been said yes we are all tired of Jonathan and his regime , President Buahri pls don’t put us to shame, yes eat money but remember the ppl that puts u in this place coz we needed some changes in our beloved country! Nigeria, make changes not just the rich getting richer and poor getting poorer! I salute everyone…

24. Angel

March 31, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Nigerians here is ur ‘change’ u asked for, congratulations. But kudos to GEJ, he will always have my respect for his humility. God has a way of doing things, if PDP had won, I think there would have been riot cos APC will not accept the result. So it’s all good atleast for the sake of peace, remembering that the U.S. predicted Nigeria will divide in 2015. So congrats to the new president, I hope he delivers.

25. Anon

March 31, 2015 at 6:52 pm

This is what it means to have freedom. This is the move we need in nigeria. I’m sooo happy. We have a new president guys!!! No more disgrace and harassment from patience Jonathan

26. BettyBooB's

March 31, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Wahoooo! Jonathan &twifey we had enough of u, don’t live in 9ja but again wahooo! Corruption has turn 9ja to something else. Yes if am a president I will do the same thing but then I have to think of the ppl, the 4yrs in sit & think after the 4yrs do I want the ppl to vote me again of good work or not but out silly Jonathan never thought about that instead he knows about his present situation as if they is no tomorrow I hope he & his family suffer in kirikiri! 9ja had enough!!!congrats Presedient Buahri hope u don’t forget the trust and believes ppl has in u! Long Live Nigeria, Long Live Rebuplic Of Nigeria

27. Omoj

March 31, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Congratulations to those who worked very hard behind the scene. Especially the true INEC officials, the youth corpers who assisted in the north and south. I have never witnessed an election so close in our history as a nation. I pray that the majority who want a change will witness the change. Now let us fight as a nation to bring back the girls. It’s almost one year. God bless Nigeria!!!!

28. Gbaam!

March 31, 2015 at 6:53 pm

The real battle begins

• Busola

March 31, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Which battle? Abeg o.

29. faith

March 31, 2015 at 6:56 pm

congratulations Nigeria. i pray this change will reflect in Ghana’s election in 2016, we are equally tired of the government, he has ruined Ghana for us n dosent give a shit anymore. AkuffoAddo for 2016.
    this win for Buhari clearly depicts we African are tired of leaders who take the citizens for granted and treat us like trash bags wen dey are in power. GodBlessAfrica GodBlessNigeria.

• omololami

March 31, 2015 at 9:00 pm

bless your heart, This is the era for change!

30. mrs chidukane

March 31, 2015 at 6:57 pm

To see the day when Doyin Okupe was silent on twitter? #SaiBuhari. I’m so happy, no more Mama P, Reno Omokri, Aye Dee, GEJ. *dancing oh* free food and drinks at my place this weekend!

• k

March 31, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Ah abeg drop your address.

• loolah

March 31, 2015 at 9:19 pm

@@mrs chidukane, thank you for this, we need to start banding together as a nation. God bless Nigeria!

31. nene

March 31, 2015 at 7:00 pm

ekene dili chukwu! i’m happy. i hope buhari doesn’t disappoint. he should start by jailing amaechi. amaechi thinks he can try rubbish with buhari like jonathan.

32. nnenne

March 31, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Again, congratulations Buhari.
    I was one of the pro Jonathan people but God knows the best. Fellow Nigerians have decided that you are the best. So shall it be!!!
    My wish is that all Nigerians will accept the result as it is. Politics is not a do or die affair.

I duff my hat for President Jonathan, who , has made history by teaching Nigerians how to loose gallantly.
    Now, let the transformation begin!!!!
    PEACE.

• NagosBigBoi

March 31, 2015 at 7:41 pm

@nnenne, thank you for this! I have been waiting for any of the GEJ supporters in our BN family to do this!

I saw this great comment on one of the other blogs: Congrats Buhari. GEJ forever!
      It brought tears to my eyes. That is what a people should be. I have siblings who supported GEJ.

The great thing is that once the hurt has abated we will be on the same side – the side that will hold GMB’s feet to the fire!
      God bless you.

• Iris

March 31, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Honestly he showed such maturity in conceding that I have tons of respect for him for that alone. This is how it should be. Now the rest of PDP just needs to behave.

33. Anon

March 31, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Hey Bella it might be a good idea to wait for INEC/Jega to announce the winner before you do – just a thought

• Sunshine

March 31, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Its not a rocket science that the numbers are in. Its called “projected winner”my friend.

34. NaSo

March 31, 2015 at 7:04 pm

As much as I am happy For Buhari, I am not one of those that would insult Good lucks regime… Whether we admit it or not and as ‘much as Nigerians feel stupid for putting him in power, Goodluck was truly the change we needed….not in the sense of fighting corruption, providing amenities etc…BUT due to his calm nature, we the citizens were able to see how far gone in corruption we were as a society, we had freewill on social media so we were able to read things and form opinions, the people got involved in these elections and they have spoken, although we are not there yet, for the first time i can say we experienced a glimpse of what it means to be in a democratic society.
    So i say he was the change that the Nigerian people needed to wake up from their slumber and fight for their rights and from here on, I believe that it it is better things to come… So Sir Goodluck while your regime was poor, I say weldone and wish you all the best in future……

35. Anonymous

March 31, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Yah! I am be OK

36. Zero

March 31, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Ha!!! Where is the certificate? A president not who is not well educated???? The disgrace on Nigerians continues……Anyway, like the majority won, majority of Nigerians are uneducated anyway..time to change over to my british passport sharp sharp!!!!!!! Nonsense…..

• Busola

March 31, 2015 at 7:26 pm

Yeah yeah. Sore loser.

• Opium4DSoul

March 31, 2015 at 7:35 pm

Olodo and with your British Passport you still dey gbagaun anyhow…ignoramus!

• Sunshine

March 31, 2015 at 7:43 pm

Well, you are free to relocate to another country. So, deal with it. He is here to stay for 8 solid year.

• NagosBigBoi

March 31, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Sorry o! He only has my/our mandate for 4 years!
      He has not even come in and you are already giving him 8 years. When will we learn?

• Bella

March 31, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Shut up… Zero brain. You are the uneducated one. Are you the one that taught Buhari and failed him?? that you no he’s uneducated. Hian

• loolah

March 31, 2015 at 9:14 pm

As your name implies “zerol that’s what u are

• Ekalor

March 31, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Somehow, I believe that you have Nigerian relatives, so that means, since they are part of this majority – it’s safe to say that they are uneducated. The British can have you….

37. ineverexperredit

March 31, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Ba DA magani ba iyawane! Now I can rest, now we can rest.
    People ain’t celebrating GMB, they’re celebrating the process. Goodluck sef try, I have to give it to him for been humble when he had evil at his disposal and for my man Jega, his level of emotional intelligence is out of this world. At the end, everybody wins!
    Sai Baba!!!!!

38. IsaidSO

March 31, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Everyone speaking of “Change” change indeed. We would be back on this blog reading comments about people bashing Buhari soon. Wait & See. You will also be alive to witness it just like you are witnessing today. we look forward to the “change” in Nigeria in the next 4yrs. You think Nigeria would be any different than it is now ? You people are too funny! Obviously there would be no boko haram attacks anymore GEJ’s administration has sucessfully been frustrated and people have turned there back against him and those who took people’s lives at the expense of all these , the boko haram sponsors, can now rest.
    The change you seek in Nigeria would only happen at the second coming of Jesus.

• Ofunke

March 31, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Isaidso you are truly a wicked fellow!! As you have wished on Nigerians may they fall upon your children and future Generation. They will never have positive change in their life until Jesus second coming……..

• Busola

March 31, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Please speak good n to this country. Are you a citizen at all?

• cindy

March 31, 2015 at 9:47 pm

why are you swearing for the whole country because you are pained? You ending your rant with the mention of Jesus doesn’t make you sound less deceitful. Bye.

• tai

March 31, 2015 at 10:02 pm

shuo! its not gonna be easy o,nigeria cant be completely transformed in 4 years,its gonna be step by step..look at america,how many years had obama been president? and he hasnt finished tidying the mess that bush created but there have been some changes..

• tai

March 31, 2015 at 10:03 pm

*has* ni mo mean jare..typo

• Nd Luke

April 1, 2015 at 7:36 am

President Jonathan is the best President Nigerian ever had. It is a pity that Nigerian did not give him another chance to continue with his transformation agenda.

• BettyBooB's

April 1, 2015 at 9:45 am

Na wahooo! How long chances does he need, his first day at sit should have been the beginning of job well done, instead he & his wifey turns Nigeria to a laughing clown country! Another chance u says plssssss! He had his time! What can be worst! Another Jonathan? capital NO!!! And Buahri if u end end like Jonathan we will kick u out as well! Long Live Nigeria! Long Live The Ppl Of 9ja

• Takeseveralseats

April 1, 2015 at 10:54 am

As you wish Nigeria, So may it be replicated in your life a thousand times. Goat!!!!

39. Joliebebe

March 31, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Please where are all the fake pastors and men of “god”, prophets of doom?
    Let them tell us which god called them because it is so glaring it is not the Almighty God. He is not a man that should lie..nor the son of man that should repent.
    God cannot be mocked. SHAME on you all!

40. sha

March 31, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Regardless of the results, God Bless Nigeria!

41. O~Intuition!

March 31, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Democratic Power Belongs to the People…ALWAYS!

#NoPDP #NoGEJ …

CONGRATULATIONS NIGERIANS… CONGRATULATIONS BUHARI!

42. D

March 31, 2015 at 7:35 pm

In as much as I have been very vocal about my support for GMB, I have to go ahead and give honor where it is duly deserved. That we as a country can have a free and fair election is a major milestone at least in my own life time. The truth is GEJ could easily have rigged this election just like many other African leaders are doing but he chose not to and for that i have a new found level of respect for him. I might not agree with many of his policies or actions but for this I have to say “Well done Mr. President (GEJ)” now hopefully he completes it by not pulling a “Babaginda” on us.

• loolah

March 31, 2015 at 9:24 pm

@D #word @ pulling “a Babangida on us” God will not allow it o.

43. Sunshine

March 31, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Thank God , we will not have to deal with his hima and his wife anymore. Ineptness is not acceptable. Congrats to APC, but this should be a wake up call for all politicians NEVER to take voters for granted. Note to APC as well, if you dont perform, we vote you out. You bribe us, we still vote your ass out. PERIOD

44. tee

March 31, 2015 at 7:42 pm

zero or nil or whatever the hell you are called!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!good riddance to bad rubbish, am sure the british will never allow shallow minded people like you cos you are a second class citizen and you will forever be one……………..imagine spewing such rubbish!!!! Its okay we want our uneducated president elect, what has our phd holder done for us….nonesense!!!!!!!!

• Zero

March 31, 2015 at 8:54 pm

I SORRY 4 UNA…UNA GO HEAR SUMTIN…..

• Zero

March 31, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Which second class citizen? U just showed everyone you know nothing about jand..all that doesn’t exist. If ur not good, u won’t excel, just like it is everywhere, infact, its faster and easier to excel in jand if u don’t know, plus, we are treated way better than we were in naija..everything is on merit ‘n no mago mago..una go see enough sharia and strong hand…get ready!!Nigerians have just been brainwashed…I dey enjoy my cool weather for here..:D Britiko citizen here i come..easy transfer…i get indefinite already by company sponsorship..naija no do dat one for me..and its even getting worse there.Make una enjoy oh..Lmao!!!!!!!!!!

• Takeseveralseats

April 1, 2015 at 10:57 am

Go!! We don’t need people like you around. Please Go!!! I’m sure your family would be happy to see you leave.

• The Brit

April 1, 2015 at 12:55 pm

@Zero, please don’t lie to people in Nigeria simply because you own a British passport. I am a born and bread citizen of the UK with Nigerian origin and I can absolutely testify that you, a new citizen of the UK, are not being treated any better than people on your level in Nigeria are (In fact with the same income they are more privileged than you). Now, whatever it is you claim to do I respect your hustle but do not claim to be better off in Britain than you are in Nigeria. Nigeria is a very blessed country and are better off without you and quite frankly, Britain doesn’t need you either.

45. Bolysho

March 31, 2015 at 7:44 pm

This is the finger of God and the will of God has indeed prevailed. The Most High who indeed rules in the kingdom of men, we bless and praise your holy name forever and ever.
    Glory be to God in the highest. i pray for God’s wisdom, knowledge, strength and courage for new President, VP and all others who will be involved in this new government. In Jesus name, they will do God’s will and not man’s will.

46. Funsho

March 31, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Where are the witches association that forecast that Jona would win

Please can you tribalists keep calm and stop making judgements on ‘my brother’ sentiment . 4 years ago all tribes voted for Jona because we believed in him and his no shoe stories. This shows people are not subjecting their future to sentiments no more . It’s high time we take ourselves serious so international countries can take us serious .

For those claiming Jona his humble blah blah …. please they played their rigging games but God passed them and gave them humility

As for APC i know you guys are not saints but please do all with brain and pity our future . Turn Nigeria into a country those of us in diaspora would be happy to come back to .

Buhari do not start muslim – christian war , respect that Nigeria belongs to a different tribes and religions .

My Fellow people thank God the Election saga is over and all has ended well.

Note to all Politicians , we want agendas we want actions our lives are worth more than bags of rice, we are not hungry .

All these bombing stories should go back to the movies . We have tired of the practicality .

Glory be to God.

• loolah

March 31, 2015 at 9:33 pm

@funsho, you are right, everybody voted Jona in 2011, and he did nada for d country. This is not abt tribe or religion, we were just tired of him and the 5 Jezebels ruling and stealing us blind. All u people playing the tribe card, pls shove it and deal, u miss d point. We are celebrating a process here. I pray to God they allow it.

47. Funsho

March 31, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Are*

48. Theresa

March 31, 2015 at 7:48 pm

We did it, we did it, we did it, yay, Lo hicimos (Dora the Explorer’s voice)
    100 gbosas for all Nigerian who participated in this election by writing articles, analyzing issues, commenting on social media, actively voting, etc. We have shown the political elite that the masses will no longer be taken for granted again. We will remove even an incumbent president, talkless a governor, senator, etc if they fail to perform their duties.

Be proud of yourselves Nigerians, you have made history happen. This is true revolution championed by the masses and won by the masses. I see a New Golden era in Nigeria.
    Glory to God for all He has done!!!

Congratulations Buhari & Osibanjo!!!

49. tai

March 31, 2015 at 8:07 pm

buhari ni jor!
    buhari ni jare!

50. Rukayat Owolabi

March 31, 2015 at 8:11 pm

The best man won. PDP, Kiri kiri is the new Dubai, Court is the new airport for you guys. Buhari please dont disappoint us.

51. tai

March 31, 2015 at 8:15 pm

buhari ni jor!
    buhari ni jare!

52. Anon

March 31, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Ultimate respect to GEJ for accepting defeat and keeping the peace. The hawks around him didn’t influence his acceptance.

Well done to INEC and Professor Jega.

Congrats to Buhari and the Professor. See how the VP-elect has been favoured. His life will be changed forever. Awolowo will be proud of his grandson-in-law.

Congrats to Nigerians especially those who voted.

Kudos to the behemoth called Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. He has helped to change the course of history. Hate him or love him, he is powerful. Without him there will be no APC.

The real work starts now and it won’t be easy. I can bet Amaechi will get a juicy Ministry. Fayemi, Fashola, Abike Dabiri, Ngige…They will be in line for jobs too.

A while ago, I remember calling it turn by turn Nigeria and I was upbraided for it. It is what it is.

This is just act 1, scene 1.

53. Naijatalk

March 31, 2015 at 8:19 pm

I’m sorry BN but I will keep calling you out on certain issues. You should not fuel tribal intolerance for site traffic. Be no evil of publishing comments that encourage tribal bigotry if indeed you are anti-cyberbullying.

• cindy

March 31, 2015 at 9:48 pm

what has bella done again now?

54. Naijatalk

March 31, 2015 at 8:21 pm

*be careful*

55. nne007

March 31, 2015 at 8:29 pm

My question is WHERE IS AYO FAYOSE? haven’t heard a word from him, and APC worn in Ekiti.

• imose

March 31, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Also … To mention Doyin Okupe, FFK??

• Anon

March 31, 2015 at 9:30 pm

They aren’t as important as Fayose who is a Governor. He will have to bow down to Buhari. I expect a court case instituted by Fayemi and Fayose will lose. He will be dumped a second time.

• omololami

March 31, 2015 at 8:58 pm

under a rock, crying

56. concerned

March 31, 2015 at 8:33 pm

As an indegene of this wonderful nation, I would like to wholeheartedly congratulate Gen Muhammad Buhari. I did not vote for him: I have never liked him for what he did to my family in 1983. However, there is nothing wrong with second chances and if we do not forgive, God will not forgive us. As of this moment, I declare support for General Buhari as my president despite our different political ideologies. Nigeria has spoken and it is Nigeria that matters so for my good and the good of my people, I wish Buhari the very best. Afterall, if he performs as a president, my family and I will benefit because our living conditions will improve. I would also like to thank Goodluck Jonathan for the six years he gave to serving this country. I’d like to think he did his best but its rather unfortunate, it obviously was not enough. May God bless and protect him in his future endeavours. Under General Buhari, may a stronger, safer and much better Nigeria emerge IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS!!! I never thought I’d do this but…#SAIBUHARI!! May God protect and lead you, AMEN!!

57. Ofunke

March 31, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Nigerians Well Done!!!

58. Ndong

March 31, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Trop fiere du Nigeria, enfin la democratie a parle. Unfortunately, there will be no hope for Ivory-Coast or Gabon where people’s voice will not be heard but shut down. Congratulation Nigeria, today everything positive is being said about you all over. I am Nigerian, but today i am in my heart by force O. So proud that democracy has landed somewhere in Africa. Please, get rid of Boko Haram for us all.

59. Ba

March 31, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Congratulation in advance to the General.

60. Kamer sistaa

March 31, 2015 at 8:51 pm

I am VERY PROUD of you NIGERIANS!
    This is a proof that mentalities ARE CHANGING…
    This time is for Africa: European, Americans and even Asian countries will soon don”t have any chance to RULE on our dearest continent: AFRICANS KNOW HOW TO RISE AND SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!
    I am glad that I have lived 28 years to witness this moment…Praying for wisdom over the new President of the powerful country that is Nigeria! As for President GEJ, I salute you because it takes STRENGTH and COURAGE to leave the spotlights when the time has come, may God grants you a peaceful return to a more common life …And I cannot forget to pray for my hopeful Cameroon…You have just show us the way!!!!

61. sopuruchi

March 31, 2015 at 8:53 pm

congratulations mr. Buhari, pls make Nigeria better

62. omololami

March 31, 2015 at 8:57 pm

Ups to GEJ! He tried but his administration had to go,, The backwardness was becoming a thing and it had to stop clearly! I’m very proud of Nigeria really, democracy at its finest thus far.. My prayer is that GMB does alot for the country, obviously he’s not going to start dropping money in people’s accounts, but slowly and steadily, he gives Nigeria the change it anticipates. This a lesson to all future leaders, “DON’T THINK YOU OWN ANY POLITICAL SEAT, IF YOU DON’T ACT RIGHT, YOU GET CHANGED, YOUR OWN GOAL SHOULD BE TO WORK TO REMAIN, NOT WAIT TILL 6 WEEKS TO ELECTION TO “TRY” TO EFFECT CHANGE”!!! Peace to Nigeria

63. Samijo

March 31, 2015 at 9:16 pm

rhe slogan of “Change” has once again shown its powers. I can only hope this follows beyond the election mark. Time to move forward and act as one. God bless Nigeria.

64. Temmy4real

March 31, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Congratulation to GMB

65. me

March 31, 2015 at 9:18 pm

As above so below..as within so without! Circa 3000 B.C

Congratulations to the APC…

while we go about celebrating the victory have we taken some time to consider that the APC is made up of the founding fathers of the PDP, the evil we think we flee from is the same we run to, I am not bashing Buhari but change does not come from a man, it doesn’t come from a government, it comes from within each and every one of US as Nigerians… who are we as a people… judging from the comments on this blog we can see how divided in tribalism and selfishness we are against ourselves….

The grass always looks greener on the other side till we find ourselves there, I wasnt a fan of either from the beginning and even up till now… I wish GMB the best but I do not believe he can turn Nigeria around in 4 years… congratulations to GEJ for bowing down gracefully…

Watch #THEREALSTORYOFNIGERIA

• Rahama

March 31, 2015 at 10:32 pm

You my friend are a wise person! Great words

66. Cici

March 31, 2015 at 9:21 pm

Congratulations to Buhari! Shame on all the witches and their members in the Nigerian entertainment industry. You lost, fortune telling has never worked against prayers to God, period. Goodbye GEJ.

67. Bruness

March 31, 2015 at 9:38 pm

Today history was made, our vote counted. I thank God almighty for this day, I congratulate Jonathan for bowing out peacefully, because of this act we can dance and say we had a peaceful election, I RESPECT you. I congratulate Nigerians for voting, for standing their ground, for DECIDING, lastly I congratulate JEGA for delivering a free and fair election as promised, your NAME will never be forgotten. I pray for the souls of the corpers, soldiers, members of the public who lost their lives in the course of this election, they didn’t die in vain. I am pro Jonathan but I am HAPPY because I know that if CHANGE that is promised us is not delivered, we’ll do what we do best irrespective of who you are. #God Bless Nigeria# #GMB may 29th#

68. Jojo

March 31, 2015 at 9:38 pm

Congrats sha.

This was a shellacking. Please note, now you have been elected, we (the people) know the power of our vote. If you mess us up and start failing on your promises, we know what to do.
    may God give you wisdom and peace

• Dee

April 1, 2015 at 1:49 am

You Are lying. you the people don’t know anything, All you and your people know is how to be a keyboard fighter. You voted for him so whatever you see you have to take . It’s Too late!

69. God'svicegerent

March 31, 2015 at 9:43 pm

Congratulations to gej, jega and Nigerians now the real test has just began. No sidewalk and excuse please join me to sing this important item …ise ya, ise ya, omo nija ise ya, Eledumare ise ma ya o ise ya, omo rere kii sase omo nija kii sole ebere gberu o oluwa nbe fun wa eteramose o ise ya

• Belle

March 31, 2015 at 10:17 pm

awww thanks for awakening this song to my ears. I miss service days.

• Belle

March 31, 2015 at 10:23 pm

Omo Ogun ise ya. I miss my days in Abeokutaa, Funnaab 2012 service year.

I am Ibo and i voted APC because i had no other choice, as i wanted GEJ out thanks to all the hardship. Congrats to Buhari, i hope your team works hard to better Nigeria because if you mess up, we will vote y’all out again like we did Jona.

best wishes

70. concerned9ja

March 31, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Glad that all suffering and neglect GEJ continually ignored have been exposed for what it is…we were persistent with our views and our votes have counted…so glad I stayed over in 9ja to witness the elections and not bolt out…disgraceful seeing the massive queues at MMA.
    Buhari work or else you next in 4 years time!!
    And Bellla kudos you entered a new area even you couldn’t help but post our reality and not gloss over it…

71. Diesel

March 31, 2015 at 9:45 pm

The fact of the matter is that hatred is like the call of nature, that is how God created human beings. That is why you see a raw white man hates black man, this type of hate is called rasism . There is also tribal differences in the creation of God , the type of hate obtainable here is called tribalism. Hatred has medicine it is fear and respect for God . If you find yourself hating people because they are different from you naturally know that you are far away from God .Congrats APC…God bless Nigeria.

72. Cece

March 31, 2015 at 9:48 pm

Oh pleaze…to those who are saying you are proud of Nigerians or this is history, what is great or historical about it? Even thouh i am tired of Jonathan, i can assure you that the results were already out before Jega announced them today. All the votes i saw online were equal to those he announced and yet he says he is not aware they were leaked?

There is nothing great or historical about political parties influencing electoral results. Truth is a lot of votes did not count. All the same as i said, im glad Jonathan is out at the end of the day. I am also looking forward to his crew packing their load eg them greedy minsiters and co.

73. nene+

March 31, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Waooo I have cried all day!
    How I wish Buhari was in PDP!
    I am more comfortable with them!
    It’s only in PDP the voice of the masses is heard! Only in PDP a thief is known and identified! Stella Odua bought car and she was not shielded, Fayemi of APC bought bed 50,million and he was called a saint! Mbadinuju, Amechi and Atiku are called progressives.

I protested against N5,000 bill and it was stopped.

Also against MAULAG and GEJ reversed it.

I have also seen a protest @ Lekki phase toll and they were tear gased and arrested.

Federal Govt have also said remove Lekki -Ikoyi bridge toll fee but APC adamantly refused!

My hatred for APC is the hardship they make people go thru. They are not democrats in their attitude and practice!

I demand to see an Obama type I have seen in New York and had a warm hug and smile and carried my children and asked my husband about his job. I haven’t seen Buhari smile let alone…………. I was just praying for a younger gentle man in 2019. and not an old wrinkled leader as always seen in Africa and Asia. All these leaders who don’t pay school fees any more never realise what modern world has become.

Someone whom i can relate to and not the way Fashola and Tinubu have dealt with Lagosian. He does very little and goes blowing their trumpet! No portable water in till today in Lagos. Every thing about them is bogus without evidence! The Govt is far out of reach of people

I travelled to my state and roads of several kilometers are tarred to the farms for free.

Yet I pay so much daily to go thru lekki toll.

I wish Buhari well but he. Should please provide his certificates if he has one! It’s very important that our chief driver is educated and the world has become very competitive and wouldn’t want a leader without this basic understanding! I have dealt with uneducated fellows and believe you me they are the most graceless set of humans!

Lastly Buhari has lot to do and pull out of APC cult and serve as a president, show tolerance, it beats me that Buhari couldn’t say Igbo Kwenu. Which Nigerian can’t say Ekaro or Na gwo de?

Northerners voted Buhari not necessary SW and I think it is a bit difficult for minority which GEJ suffered! I hope that the SW will not demonise SE and SS for being resilient on GEJ. We wanted a new Nigeria and not our past leader who exhume the past. We felt we can support another Northerner and not Buhari. Since power must return to the North for now, we will wait.

Hopefully BH will happily stop, hopefully APC should not employ Olorunibe Mamora, Amechi, Mbadinuju or a hungry professor as new INEC chairman! I dare APC to appoint Professor Chidi Odinkalu an Ibo man and let’s try democracy

For now let me pretend like it is a dream until it’s glaring!
    Cheers guys!

• Naija Upgraded

April 1, 2015 at 5:08 am

stop whining, it is irritating.

74. nene+

March 31, 2015 at 10:02 pm

On a lighter note my children said mummy made them vote PDP now PDP have lost!

The eldest asked how did Buhari beat Jonathan when Buhari is slimmer?

By the way they are toddlers.
    Cheers and hope to meet some of you some day!
    I wish Nigeria the very best and please PDP don’t loose it! Go and re strategies and bounce back. Nigeria is on its way to greatness! God bless Jonathan for birthing democracy in Nigeria.
    Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.

75. BlueEyed

March 31, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Our problems have only begun. If you are from the SS or the SE and you support this northern propaganda called Buhari I have only one name for you : TRAITOR! For the people in the west I can understand they have always been lap dogs for the north, lastly, NIGERIA CAN NEVER BE ONE.

• ESTATIC WAGAMAMA

March 31, 2015 at 10:43 pm

TUFIAKWA!! I AM NOT Z TRAITOR AND NEITHER ARE MY FAMILY MEMBERS, RELATIVES AND FRIENDS! ALL THE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE PREDICTED……BACK TO SENDERRRRRRR!

• ESTATIC WAGAMAMA

March 31, 2015 at 10:43 pm

*********NOT A TRAITOR********** SHIOR!

• Naija Upgraded

April 1, 2015 at 5:13 am

Tell me which political party that SE and SS have made national, you are the ones eating the crumbs thrown at you, if you want to leave, you can go, good riddance to bad rubbish, tribalistic fools. That is why you lost.

• BlueEyed

April 1, 2015 at 7:18 am

You think the majority of the people who won the elections for Buhari in the north believe in any change? You think my brothers in the SE won’t suffer for this? You think the Yoruba people won’t enjoy out of this gorvernment because of their so called loyalty? You think the SS won’t go back to her woes? You think the SS won’t suffer in this new regime? My dear please go back and be realistic, Tribalism is in the sole core of this nations existence, and I will continue to defend my own. I am no INFIDEL. NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE ONE, this elections clearly proved it.

76. NCbabe

March 31, 2015 at 10:22 pm

God win! Sai Nigeria! Now all I want to know is where is Diezani?

77. TensionD

March 31, 2015 at 10:28 pm

We Nigerians now know the the sweetness of performing our civic duty.

We did it. We did not reward 16 years of stagnation, corruption, impunity, disregard and clueless-ness with another 4 years of the same.

We did it.

We’ve spoken loud and clear to all corners of our Republic that never again will we be taken for granted.

Yes, we did it.

For all those (individuals, political parties, civil organizations, etc) that think that the typical Nigerian is laid back, lacks intellectual curiosity, doesn’t care, doesn’t mind and compromised – we say this to you – NEVER AGAIN.

We’ve found our voice. We now know our worth. We now know the sweetness of casting and securing our votes.

Never again will we sit back and congratulate treasury looters and corrupt public officials.

Never again will we sit back and tolerate incompetence, lack of will and clueless-ness.

Never again will we tolerate greed among our elected and appointed officials as well as our so called elite.

We’ve spoken.
    We’ll speak again.
    And we’ll keep speaking loud and clear.

Never again. Change is here. It no longer business as usual.

APC – you have our mandate – take note. You must deliver or risk our wrath.

PDP – go back to the trenches and reassess your manifesto for Nigeria. Then come back in the future and maybe – just maybe, you may prove worthy of our sacred trust.

Long live Nigeria. Long live our beloved Republic.

78. matthew simon

March 31, 2015 at 10:51 pm

oh is not possible for buhari to win dis election nor matter they manipulate pdp result gudluck wil still declared as d winner

79. jamcy

March 31, 2015 at 11:47 pm

hahahaha sompeople ar just wakin up wit dia rubbish comment. if Buhari will not win is it ur mongo pak dat will win? jobless magot

80. optimal

March 31, 2015 at 11:52 pm

We are all congratulating GMB, hve we also say a very big tnk u to GEJ for the free and fair election.Dis is to let u knw dat Democracy is for the people,all wat we need is a positive change. All the same, Congratulations to GMB

81. Somebody

April 1, 2015 at 12:06 am

Congrats Nigerians…#Nigeriadecide. Am waiting 4 d CHANGE now.All i knw is dat,it doesn’t matter wu win d election,wat matters is wu is better and wu wil make Nigeria a better country?

82. simbi

April 1, 2015 at 6:09 am

While we are congratulating GMB we should also give kudos to GEJ and JEGA who made it happen.For those those hopeless and jobless people who make nasty comments here,espaecially the ones wey carry tribe for head,i pray GMB provides you with good jobs that will keep you busy!

83. ND Luke

April 1, 2015 at 7:05 am

How can this old man rule Nigeria for goodness sake? How can this uneducated Man Coups with this computer age? can he express himself ? Does he know anything about diversification of Nigeria economy? I hope he not there to enforce sharia. Nigerian watch out or you may regret.

• Naija Upgraded

April 1, 2015 at 11:15 am

That is why he has more educated people around him. What has the educated one do for us? if he does not deliver we will kick himout in 2019.

• BlueEyed

April 1, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Quick question which percentage of you will kick him out? The southern percentage (clamoring for change)or the northern percentage that supported him now (because of their northern agenda)?Please go back and see the bigger picture.

84. linda

April 1, 2015 at 7:19 am

Im truly a proud African,after watching Nigerians set the pace in a peaceful and democratic process i truly hope the rest of African leaders use GoodLuck Jonathan as an example of a true gentleman who put the people’s needs and democratic space in mind.He has shamed the west who were expecting a bloody show,it could have been worse but Nigerians,(being a Kenyan who has witnessed more than one post election violence) im beaming with joy over your maturity.its no wonder you lead others follow!

85. hey

April 1, 2015 at 8:18 am

well, Nigerians have made their choice. let’s hope for the best.

86. Koffie

April 1, 2015 at 8:22 am

Bellanaija, how market? loool with all the volunteer to be a GEJite and the tacky PDP wallpaper you guys switched to. I’m glad to have my favourite shade of red wallpaper back.
    I’m glad Nigerians were allowed to decide this time around as we did in 2011. And to all the tribalistic commenters, your bitterness towards the SouthWest is unnecessary because back in 2011, it was the SW that wholeheartedly supported GEJ. This isn’t about ‘brothership’ or religious sentiments. Afterall, PDP had substantial votes in the SW this 2015 elections. You can’t blame northerners as well for the massive support of the General because they are the ones who have borne the brunt of GEJ’s weak governance. They lost so much in GEJ’s administration that it is understandable they rushed to vote him out.
    For the love of country, please do not further divide Nigeria. And I also think its very ‘handfalling’ for BN to publish tribalistic comments.
    To those prophesying doom to the nation just so they’d have the last laugh, isn’t that a special type of folly.

87. Eze

April 1, 2015 at 9:02 am

Our God is Good and He is with Nigerians. My people, we have to thank God for the peace stepping into our Land. Nigerians voted well, Jonathan took a right decision.
    Let us continue to pray for a better tomorrow. G. Buhari will listen and work this time.

As for Governor’s election, Let us vote wisely the good candidate into power. We all know them and heard about their lifestyles before now. Forward ever! Progress to less privilege!! Progress to everyone.

88. Daniel Abanobi

April 1, 2015 at 10:33 am

This means WAR all hausa people should not near abia state again cox na dia head go roll dat day…[email protected] belive @ abians are #Self….Made

• Naija Upgraded

April 1, 2015 at 11:18 am

Stupid, You better don’t cause gen gen for your tribe, You know how Hausa people get when they are angry, they will come from the north and wipe out your state. Just accept the election result, don’t put other people’s life in danger.

89. Concerned

April 1, 2015 at 11:09 am

May God forgive you for thinking the west was expecting a bloody show…..that’s all I can say..Lady KENYAN!

90. Martins Joseph

April 1, 2015 at 12:22 pm

this is indeed a dream come true….am indeed happy to witness this…this calls for a celebration….hail buhari….my Muslim name is lateef….LOLZ

91. AKINYEDE FELIX

April 1, 2015 at 12:39 pm

I bless the name of God for his love for our country Nigeria. bravo to President Jonathan for his courage, bravo to Nigerians and Professor Jega, bravo to all APC actors, bravo to Ahmed Bola Tinubu my man. Special Congratulation to my President Elect- General Mohamadu Buhari God bless you. Please do not disappoint all Nigerians that voted for you. One Nation One Hearth

92. Glossystar

April 1, 2015 at 2:18 pm

We love you Mr. President (GEJ).
    But due to the fact that the concept of #change is neccesary, we became addicted to it.
    All the same, congratulations for the free, fair and credible election you’ve made so far.
    May God bless you and your family!
    AMEN!!!

93. Kingdom

April 1, 2015 at 2:40 pm

94. Amadioha

April 1, 2015 at 4:20 pm

@ Blue eye & Daniel Abanobi God ll cure u from what ever your issues are. we declare peace & unity of our country . Y not hope 4 the best & not dwell in better ness.. God bless Nigeria

95. mabel

April 3, 2015 at 6:54 am

If they like like them hate the igbo, my dear it does not matter. Igbo people are too fresh biko. The bible says the sunrises in the east. Which means no matter what happens, my people are well taken care of by the master of the universe. See how the igbos survived even after going through a bloody crazy war o. The whole naija against one tribe yet we came out still clean and healthy. Nna, leave that thing. It can only be God. Some did not even see a pint of what a whole tribe saw, they are busy screaming. I have said it and will continue to say it, the north will continue to suffer. They will be in power but yet will suffer so much. The blood of the people you have killed has taken over your lands and you will always be killed by your own. You have sown it and so shall reap it.