Relationships

Taraji P. Henson is Not Claiming Any Man Before a Ring

Taraji P Henson on Steve Harvey Show No ‘cookies’ before the ring!
Empire
star Taraji P. Henson is still proudly ‘old school’ when it comes to her dating life.

She told Steve Harvey on his show recently,

“I’m a grown woman, so you know like ‘dating’ *does excited squeal* those days are over. If there’s no ring on this finger, no-one gets claimed. You don’t get claimed until you claim me. Now today with all of this social media, it’s not private.”

Watch the rest in this short clip!

1. Sunshine

March 20, 2015 at 2:55 am

OMG, yesterday’s season finale of Empire was craaaaaazzzzyyyy. Looking forward to season 2. Its going to be epic battle between Empire and Scandal, cuz the word is out. I saw the interview of Scandal producer with him saying in a friendly way that the battle is on.

• BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

March 20, 2015 at 3:34 am

ME CAN’T WAIT FOR SEASON TWO.

• Ross

March 20, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Errr, I doubt theres a battle oh. Did you see the numbers???? Empire opened with 9million viewers and closed season with 17.8million. NO show on TV has achieved that in the last like 5 years, if ever. Scandal struggles between 8-10million viewers even at their best. So theres no competition lol

2. ty

March 20, 2015 at 5:20 am

she can say that again….

3. Tunde

March 20, 2015 at 5:31 am

She’s like i have been there, done thatt.. I aint falling for that shit no more… The only pics of us that’d be on social media will be our wedding pics lol…

• B

March 20, 2015 at 10:11 am

PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. ATL's finest

March 20, 2015 at 6:52 am

Yes girl! No ringy no dingy :)))) Too hot for the cameras. I hope season 2 don’t take forever to return & I don’t care what anyone says about Empire copying “Power”. I have never watched Power but yeah, Scandal got to pick it back up cuz this Empire got me on FIRE; Rhonda Rhimes #TAKENOTE#..

• nira

March 20, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Empire copy power ke, they have different story lines, the stories aint even related in any way. Power season 1 was hot, but empire season 1 was epic.

5. Iris

March 20, 2015 at 7:13 am

Honestly, I think Empire had a slightly weak finale but it is much better than Scandal. Like with Grey’s Anatomy, Shonda Rhimes has struck again. The first two seasons are amazing, season three becomes weak, then season four stays a mess. Right now they could kill off any character including Olivia and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid. Cookie on the other hand is epically ratchet and I love it lol.

• Miss_Flygerian

March 20, 2015 at 8:29 am

Word! Scandal Season 3 was very dull and season 4 has been somewhat a disaster. The only character that now gives me life on the show is Rowan.

As for Empire, the finale was CRAZZZYYYYYYYY!!!! “It’s game time, bitches”…loool

• Iris

March 20, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Rowan is okay…unfortunately that man cannot talk without delivering a homily. I’m so tired of all their long rants. You will zone in, zone out, zone back in and they’ll still be talking. I mean, who talks like that in real life? On the episode where they went to him for help to find Olivia and he started sermonizing about a fish, if I’d been a character on the show I’d have been like ‘you know what? Isorai. Don’t worry. I would rather manage her death than listen to another word of this.’

• Idomagirl

March 21, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Scandal is such a snoozefest now, it just keeps getting worse.

6. Bruness

March 20, 2015 at 7:34 am

You don’t get claimed until you claim me #lol# #preach# Taraji be killing it in Empire. She and Oga Lucius and Hakeem are doing it for me. The finale was delicious!!!!!! #licking my lips#

7. sum1special

March 20, 2015 at 7:59 am

preach it sister. that s my logo too. You dont get claimed if you dont claim me.

8. Missy J

March 20, 2015 at 8:11 am

Yeah it was. Luscious is what you call a MAN. He’s just 10tens above each of them. I love that jamal was given Empire though I’m just like his homophobic dad. I can patiently wait for season 2 and hey, who still watches Scandal?!!

9. chy

March 20, 2015 at 8:22 am

most of them guys are looking for celebrity ladies to attach their names to so as to become the next big thing. big shame when a man cant make his own way but uses a woman to get there. Good for Taraji.

10. adelegirl

March 20, 2015 at 8:25 am

Preach it Taraji! You want me to be claiming you when you have not claimed me? mba. Tenks but no tenks. That’s how one ex said I should change my facebook profile to “in a relationship” I said with a very calm straight face – no. I am not changing my facebook relationship status till I get married. Not even after I get engaged. And true to my word, I didn’t change it till I got married. No time for iranu. #TeamCookieLyons!

11. Grown Woman

March 20, 2015 at 9:00 am

hahahaha girl tell em…. i just love me some Taraji 🙂

12. Bukola

March 20, 2015 at 9:13 am

The season finale of Empire yesterday was MAD!!!!!!!!! and she looks good in this interview… Cookie all the way baby

13. lERE

March 20, 2015 at 9:36 am

Toolz needs to read/watch this

• *Real* Nice Anon

March 20, 2015 at 1:49 pm

The babe is in her own lane. Why you wan drag her into this na? LOL! You Nigerians have ZERO CHILL.

14. cleo

March 20, 2015 at 9:43 am

Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just earned a new fan. No ding before ring. 1 billion hugs for you.

15. TeeO

March 20, 2015 at 11:38 am

One word=TARAJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #soreal #sooriginal

16. Tosin

March 20, 2015 at 12:24 pm

like she said, she a grown woman! and she can act, what!

17. tunmi

March 20, 2015 at 12:55 pm

I really hope she casts her net wider than just Black American men. Not trying to reduce all her work to one thing, but if she does want to get married please consider all options. Case in point: Eve

• shannie

March 20, 2015 at 2:23 pm

She definitely has her eyes open. One time in an interview, she said that she’s watching the European men because the Black American ones have become jaded or something to that extent.

18. *Real* Nice Anon

March 20, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Drag me to hell Taraji. DRAG MEEEEEEE and speak on it! All these women in relationships who gush on social media about their significant others meanwhile the dude is also on the same Instagram without any pictures of you too. I mean I know it is not about that BUT if you are here claiming man let him be claiming you as well.

19. Blessmyheart

March 20, 2015 at 3:16 pm

By the way, did anyone see the meme in which Pastor Creflo Dollar was saying, “Hakeem gets a jet but I can’t?’ ? Funny stuff

20. Cookie

March 20, 2015 at 7:07 pm

Preach honey preach!! Some celebs need to learn this

21. Dee-USA

March 20, 2015 at 11:33 pm

If you watch Power, you’d find it’s nothing like Empire besides two black men running empires that toe the line between legit and criminal. Why do people feel the need to make comparisons between shows with black leads like there isn’t enough room for both characters to thrive. I don’t hear anyone comparing Kerry Washington’s Olivia Pope to Liev Shreiber’s Ray Donovan, and they are both fixers. Empire cannot even come close to pushing the envelope that Power does, just like Scandal can’t be as violent as Ray Donovan. Empire and Scandal are on network channels with a lot more viewers (since they are free) while the other two are on subscription channels.

Please don’t listen to 50 Cent making noise about its similarities. He’s been known to court controversy to sell his success. Sadly Power is good enough on its own to not need the cheap exploits.

• Idomagirl

March 21, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Exactly. I don’t get the “Empire copied Power” nonsense, they are two very different shows. Power is darker and more gritty and doesn’t hold back on the violence, sex and profanity.While Empire is a bit more soap opera-ish (most likely because it’s a network show). I love both of them and I don’t see the basis for comparison.

22. Ebeh

March 21, 2015 at 12:27 am

Am I the only one who thinks Empire is a very poor show? If this is what everyone considers amazing then tv standards have really dropped. Taraji, malik yoba and terrence are seasoned actors and play their parts well. The others are all amateurs and the acting is extremely forced.you can literally see Hakeem trying not to smile during certain scenes. Andre overacts all the time. As for the story line….there is no character build up. Malcolm suddenly falls in love with cookie and we NEVER saw any interaction between them before he came to her office to profess his love. Everything works in everyones favor. This show sucks and i will not be continuing.

23. nnenne

March 21, 2015 at 1:30 am

Amen to that.

24. Idomagirl

March 21, 2015 at 12:02 pm

“If you’re not serious, don’t even open your mouth. Shake my hand and keep it moving” YASSSSSSSSSSSS.

• Chinagorom Martin

March 22, 2015 at 4:30 am

Nne eeh, no be small thing, like waka pass joor

25. yetunde

March 23, 2015 at 8:57 am

*sigh* why are peeps even comparing Scandal and Empire?? like they don’t even have any similar characters/storyline. Perhaps cause Empire airs a day before Scandal, Scandal may not be as amazing it started but heeeeeyyy its not NOTHING compared to Empire.

The Empire hype is RIDICULOUS!!! Gosh.. Hakeem is an amateur actor, he’s always trying to hold back his smile/laughs, Jamal is overdoing to gay cast(probably cause he’s truly gay), Andre is very annoying(like literally). Only Cookie and Luscious act like professionals(cause they are).

How did Malcolm and Cookie just fall in love like that?? doesnt add up(something missing).

I can go on and on about the show NOT BEING AS GREAT AS THE HYPE but heeeeyyyy trust SOCIAL MEDIA TO HELP PEOPLE DECIDE.

EMPIRE IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER BLACK AMERICAN MOVIE. :p