News

47 Year Old Man in Ogun State Caught Trying to Kidnap 4 Girls

BellaNaija.com

Kidnapper in Ogun

A 47-year-old man in Ogun State who is suspected to be a kidnapper, was caught while he was attempting to take four girls to Lagos without their parents’ consent.

The man, identified as Nurudeen Badmus, was caught by someone who knew one of the girls, PM News reports. The individual saw Badmus with the girls early one morning and asked where he was taking them. He began to get suspicious when Badmus couldn’t give a straightforward answer.

He then alerted members of the community, who proceeded to beat him up before eventually taking him to the Baale’s house.

When interrogated, Badmus said he was taking the girls to Ajah in Lagos State.

“They came to me for financial assistance to enable them go to Ajah in Lagos State. I was taking them to Ajah when somebody identified one of them. I am only assisting them,” he said.

However, two of the girls refuted his story, stating that he attempted to deceive them.

“My name is Jumoke. I am 16 years old. Badmus lives near my house. He told me my mother was a witch and that she was planning to kill me. He said I should follow him to a town to escape being killed. He warned me not to tell my mother. I didn’t know the place he was taking me to. He also tried to rape me but I resisted him,’’ said one of the girls.

Another of the girls, 9-year-old Nimota said: “He picked me on the road and told me that my mother was a witch and was planning to kill me. He said I should run away with him. I don’t know where he was taking me.”

The parents of the children said Badmus was their neighbour and expressed shock at his actions.

“We are still investigating the matter. If found guilty, he will be charged to court for kidnapping,said a policeman.

Photo Credit: PM News

1. @edDREAMZ

April 16, 2015 at 12:43 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Useless fool… May he rot in jail and thank God he didnt succeed….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. oge

April 16, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Onye oma cy. Better person. Their mothers are witches and you’re helping them run away. Samaritan! Human beings will use any ploy to commit a crime. Haba

3. NwokeEzuIke

April 16, 2015 at 3:04 pm

I fail to see the pivotal role the photo of these distressed kids plays in this news story. We should learn to respect the privacy of minors even in criminal situations.

• rocky

April 16, 2015 at 6:21 pm

truly spoken

4. olu

April 16, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Poverty is truly a disease.
    He told you ur mama na winch and you carry ur sack begin dey folo am!
    I know these are young girls but this will most likely not happen to a well-fed child.
    Parents, stop turning ur kids to hawkers!! I know such parents harly come on BN tho….bettt still ..

• Manny

April 16, 2015 at 6:04 pm

maybe they were hypnotized?

5. big fool

April 16, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Look at him sitting on the floor like an innocent man… rubbish.. just put pepe nadi backside… it will teach him a lesson

6. kareem adewale saheed

April 17, 2015 at 8:38 am

send this ueless man into jail, it be a leason to other people like him