Scoop

Aina Fadina Interviews Talented Fashion Designer, Deola Sagoe on I of Africa | Watch

On the most recent edition of I of Africa, Nigerian super talented fashion designer, Deola Sagoe speaks with Aina Fadina. She explains the transition of the label name from ‘Deola Sagoe’ to simply ‘Deola’, as well as the inspiration behind her latest collection. With 25 years of experience in the industry, Deola sheds light on what it means to build a luxury brand in Nigeria.

Watch the video here:

1. tony

April 17, 2015 at 3:24 am

Why do Nigerian interviewers always ‘ummm’ ‘uhmm’ and answer and speak for their guests.. Aina schooled abroad but is no different.. i guess we don’t have schooled journalists.
    Oh well Kudos to Deola.. Impressive stuff!

• Deema

April 17, 2015 at 10:26 am

Yes, Aina is very good, engaging and well-spoken, she enunciates well. Deola has done so well for herself and her brand, still fresh and creative after all this time.

• TOYIN

April 17, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Typical of “OUR PEOPLE” to always find the negative in something…you clearly missed the point of her interview but what are you doing with yourself that is even relevant? BYE

• Tinu Akeredolu

April 17, 2015 at 3:06 pm

You know she could’ve easily edited all that out or did some retakes right?

• tunmi

April 18, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Then she and her crew should have

2. Lilo

April 17, 2015 at 8:02 am

Did mr. sage want his name back? No wonder my mom warned ” use your own name to bookmark all your accomplishments”

3. @edDREAMZ

April 17, 2015 at 8:14 am

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Cant watch the video….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Tosin

April 19, 2015 at 11:17 am

are you in Lagos? get a job with BN nah 🙂

4. Shola Coker

April 17, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Great interview Aina!! I didn’t even know who she was, but I do now thanks to you and her designs are lovely. I haven’t seen too many designers where I like almost every outfit on the runway and I can soooo see you Aina rocking those outfits too on the runway

5. Tinu Akeredolu

April 17, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Awon eda adamo lo so ile aiye dogun!!!
    Great job Aina for all of your work. In everything you do, there’ll be haters of life looking to bring you down. Keep doing what you’re doing, reach for the stars, and your outcome will ya won lenu.

6. dee

April 17, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Love Aina’s hair!

7. Bolanle Pacheco

April 18, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Aina, great interview as usual. So so proud of you. Keep doing you and don’t let the haters get you down @ Tony, what In the world are you on about? I would like to see you interview someone and see how great you do. Hater of life. Olodo

8. Tosin

April 19, 2015 at 11:16 am

My reaction:
    1. in the first five seconds – the interviewer Aina Fadina is so beautiful, oh my God, how that struck me like a slap.
    2. Deola looking as vibrant / young as her daughters 🙂
    3. Deep. Intellectual. As always the realbubbler is the former geek, basically, there’s a difference between bubbling with popularity and being a culture-creator.
    4. This intellectualism and Yoruba-grounding reminds me of my sister, a designer whose aesthetic I think of as a little Paul Smith.
    5. I never understood the Deola Sagoe brand. I instantly adored clan. My perception of DS was deep and luxurious and heinously pricey – who knows, it could have been just a rumour, something I heard. No surprise I didn’t get the brand because I spend about zero money on clothing/fashion 🙂 I think the new Deola brand will be more accessible, especially conceptually, but also remove the perception that it’s just too expensive to even consider shopping.

– QCOG in the house!