News

Army Reportedly States that 293 Females Rescued are NOT Chibok Girls

On Monday, the Nigerian Armed Forces reported that it had rescued 293 females from Sambisa Forest.

However, new reports indicate that the individuals rescued were not the Chibok girls. The Associated Press (AP) tweeted the news:

1. zinnypearl

April 29, 2015 at 8:29 am

who are they

• Just Sayin'

April 29, 2015 at 10:12 am

@zinnypearl, you are right to ask “who are they?”.

The truth is that Boko Haram hostages might actually have reached thousands jong before the Chibok girls.

We were only lucky to know about the Chibok girls because of international interest.. There is gross under-reporting of the total number of kidnaps and deaths by Boko Haram.

The atrocities of the JTF and the Nigerian military in those areas are also very much underreported.

This just shows us and the world at large how Nigeria’s incompetent government continued to sweep the atrocities of Boko Haram under the rug and leaving it unaddressed like it wasn’t a major issue.

There were several cases of kidnappings loooooooonnnnngggggg before the Chibok girls. Just network with northerners a bit more and you will be shocked to realize that every family in the north of Nigeria or someone they know personally has a missing family member who is unaccounted for due to Boko Haram.

2. libby

April 29, 2015 at 8:29 am

Why do I have a feeling this is all a lie and nobody was actually “rescued”? Hmm

3. Libabatu

April 29, 2015 at 9:08 am

it doesn’t surprise me at all, knowing dat almost thousand of women and girls have been stolen by these notorious group only the 200 chibok girls made headline, may Allah help them find the rest

4. Joy

April 29, 2015 at 9:28 am

Me too I think this is just a lie nobody was found .Bella naija the war and drama is over .swanky posted an open letter on ig .

5. Ada bekee

April 29, 2015 at 9:57 am

Ok na. Ngwanu bring back our girls.

6. Juliet

April 29, 2015 at 10:34 am

please show us their pictures, let’s see them if this story is true.

7. Her Duchessness

April 29, 2015 at 10:58 am

Only God knows where the chibok girls are, if they are ever found or whenever they are returned I know they won’t be the same girls that were kidnapped. I foresee girls with hatred and anger festered in their hearts. Probably acquired skills enough to cause havoc in Nigeria. Their families will welcome them back into their lives but I doubt any amount of therapy will erase the trauma they went through and the lies those Boko Haram fed them with daily.

Whenever this chibok girls come back, I suggest the government takes them out of the country, puts them through therapy to help wash away their hatred and chagrin before bringing them back home. Perhaps they should start their lives elsewhere.

I can’t imagine myself abducted somewhere for over a year without help from the government and whenever I return think the government tried their best but were outsmarted by a group of people called boko haram. For every day spent as a prisoner I will be orchestrating a plan for when I do return home(and that’s if the boko harams have not starting putting ideas into my head.) to bring havoc to their families.

I know It sounds like a fictional story but I’m afraid Boko Haram is building an army for a war that is looming (now, I know that sounded like a fiction).

Whenever Chibok girls are found they should be taken out of the country to undergo therapy and start a new life so that they can have a. Change of opinion about the government who failed to save them.

8. Taiwo

April 29, 2015 at 11:22 am

chibok or no chibok girls, thank God people were rescued from the BH animals

• nnenne

April 29, 2015 at 1:10 pm

@Taiwo….Amen.

9. le coco

April 29, 2015 at 11:43 am

omg @taiwo.. that is exactly how i feel… wether or not they r chibok girls.. lets thankGod for their lives.. if these ones are alive we stil have hope for others.. its nt only chibok lives tht matters jst because american celebs were holdin up signs… these ppl are humans to and i am just as elated tht they r safe as i wld be if the chibok girls r found.. they are all people, and their lives matter