Music

Cissy Houston Gives Update on Bobbi Kristina, ‘She Has Irreversible Brain Damage…She Can Live in this Condition for a Lifetime’

BellaNaija.com

bobbi-cissy-houston-1024Over the weekend, at a concert, Bobby Brown excitedly told the audience that Bobbi Kristina, his daughter with music legend Whitney Houston, was awake from a coma she’s been in for a few months.

American soul and gospel singer, Cissy Houston, who is the grandmother of Bobbi Kristina has however come out to say that Bobby Brown’s claims are false.

Speaking with People magazine, the 81-year-old woman states:

‘I have just returned from visiting my granddaughter Bobbi Kristina in the hospital and while she is no longer in a medically induced coma she has a tracheotomy and according to the doctors she has global and irreversible brain damage and remains unresponsive.

‘Meeting with the doctors and understanding that she can live in this condition for a lifetime truly saddens me, ‘We can only trust in God for a miracle at this time. Keep us in your prayers.’

Bobbi Kristina was first hospitalized on Jan. 31 after being discovered unconscious in the bathtub.

Photo Credit: People Magazine

1. JAY

April 21, 2015 at 10:14 am

VANITY…HMMM …WE ARE LIKE TOMATOES BUT WE ACT AS IF WE ARE SUPER!!!….ALL THE BEST…WHITNEY GOT ALL BUT LOST ALL…FAME GONE BAD…….HMMM

2. Valentina

April 21, 2015 at 10:18 am

They should bring her to Nigeria to come and see TB Joshua or Adeboye. All hope is not lost, with God all things are possible.

• Dom!!!

April 21, 2015 at 10:32 am

I thought the same

• bruno

April 21, 2015 at 11:01 am

both of u are plain dunces.
      how many times has it been proven that the likes of tb joshua and oyedepo and pastor chris all perform fake miracles.

u christains make me laugh. I thought u people like to say, god is everywhere, so why do they need to live america to come to nigeria to see the so called “men of god” LOL

religion can never cure any illness, I know u will get angry about this statement but it is the bitter truth.

• kamer sista

April 21, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Dear Bruno…I agree with you: religion will NEVER cure any illness BUT the same does not go for FAITH IN GOD !!!
      I am a living miracle and can testify that I was once healed by His grace and ONLY His grace! And I know for sure that He will do it again if needed 🙂
      I now live to testify that we don’t have to rely on pastors, archibishops and any other religious masters: Put your trust in GOD and Him alone so that you’ll live!!!

• Enn!

April 21, 2015 at 10:43 am

abeg remove TB Joshua from this matter, they need true Men of God.

• dee

April 21, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Bruno u hate on every one and everything why? No one ever does good in ur eyes and u always sound bitter. I think u need Jesus, no for real I’m not kidding.

• Wale

April 21, 2015 at 1:43 pm

The pastors you recommend says a lot about you…just saying;O

• Iris

April 21, 2015 at 2:40 pm

TB Joshua?! Really! You should be personally arrested by Fashola for this comment alone. Mtchew

3. oy

April 21, 2015 at 10:27 am

hmmmmm… i hope she does live, i pray for a miracle. this will cause her and her family to turn to God totally,like Kenneth E Hagin and others.

4. chika

April 21, 2015 at 10:30 am

May God heal her.

5. JAYNNE

April 21, 2015 at 10:33 am

WHAT A PITY

6. sigh

April 21, 2015 at 10:36 am

chai! this must be a horrible ordeal for Cissy… God please heal Bobbi Kristina, there’s nothing You can’t do.

7. papermoon

April 21, 2015 at 10:37 am

there can be miracles when we believe right………… If faith has woken her, faith can heal her brains too… keep up the faith, thats all there is. All the best!

8. lore

April 21, 2015 at 11:05 am

Life is just a pot of beans!

9. Moyo

April 21, 2015 at 11:11 am

I believe in God and miracles and she can be healed. Her family should continue to pray for her and she will be healed in Jesus Name. Amen

10. Ma Tilda

April 21, 2015 at 12:36 pm

i believe in Miracles.. My prayers goes out to you Kristina! May God keep you! 2 days fasting and praying for u dear (Matthew 17:21)..

11. dee

April 21, 2015 at 12:36 pm

She’s healed In Jesus’ name, amen.

12. Adetokunbo

April 21, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Poor child but on a serious note, God is everywhere, America has some powerful preachers she doesnt need to travel far.

13. Manny

April 21, 2015 at 2:53 pm

This is so sad.

14. Debbie Ade

April 21, 2015 at 11:38 pm

Don’t be mistaken. I love Jesus. I’m a firm believer in what God can do. However,I’m surprised no one is talking about the real issue that led to her brain damage. Excessive use and abuse of drugs. This poor girl grew up among drug addict parents and because of their poor choices in life, she’s dealing with a replica of the same thing that killed her mother. A lesson for us all. !Live right!! Somehow, your kids take their cue from you. I pray God heals her and gives her a second chance at life.

15. jirla

April 21, 2015 at 11:51 pm

bobby brown na wa o! Only God knows what truly happened. ……hmmmm

16. Feirooz

April 22, 2015 at 7:58 am

Same script different cast….