Scoop

Kylie Jenner Faces Backlash for New ‘Blackface’ Photos | Kylie Responds

Kylie Jenner 2The youngest of the Kardashian-Jenner clan, Kylie Jenner, shared a few pictures on Instagram a few hours ago and her followers have called her out for ‘trying too hard to be black’.

The photos were taken by Marcelo Cantu and her skin was turned shimmery metallic silver, her brown eyes were a shade of blue and her hair was styled with a blue-black and fuchsia color.

Kylie Jenner Kylie Jenner 1

A lot of people on Instagram and Twitter reacted:

Kylie Jenner took to Twitter this morning to address the issue saying:

Photo Credit: Instagram/Kyliejenner

1. eyong

April 5, 2015 at 10:41 am

Well, like my Akata friends say, “everyone wants to be black, until it’s time to be black” hahaha. Fact is tomorrow when they start killing young blacks all of them, including miley cyrus’ stanking chicken legged twerking ass will go to their exclusive mansions in thier white dominated neighborhoods and chill becausee, afterall, they are not black.

• Munroe

April 6, 2015 at 12:31 am

I find this so irritating. She is silvery purple and has black and pink hair. HOW is this black face? It’s like black people/stupid white people are just waiting for the slightest chance to make noise about nothing. Black face was used by white actors to bortray mammy characters and uneducated black comedic characters in the most racist way . The other time they said BEYONCE did black face. I mean c’mon guys. Black people are not purple. Get over yourselves!

• Dahlia

October 28, 2015 at 9:08 pm

That’s not entirely true as some of the characters are intelligent they just didn’t want black people having those jobs.

2. YS

April 5, 2015 at 10:45 am

People need to calm down, and not take everything so personally. She looks more like an alien than black to me lol, #ChillaxYo

3. @edDREAMZ

April 5, 2015 at 10:57 am

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Black people can so make noise when is not necessery but i love the way she just jeggered the situation though….. Lmaoo
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• wagamama

April 5, 2015 at 1:23 pm

She soooo jeggered the situation biko! The pics don’t even look like the typical “black-face” makeup, they jazzed it up for her with purple hair and what not. Peeps need to chill the F out, playing the racism card at every turning point will kill the true struggles of racism!

My people perish for lack of jegamycine!

4. FLOW

April 5, 2015 at 11:06 am

Black people think “ART” before u think racism, I’m sure Kylie meant no harm, most of y’all need to stop making everything in the world about black and white, the real racist cases are not even reported sef or are swept under the carpet when they are.

• Dahlia

October 28, 2015 at 9:10 pm

It’s sad that we have so many different colors and culture yet black peoples and white people act like they are the only ones. Anyway I think she looks like a fairy I absolutely love how mystical it comes off ass.

• Dahlia

October 28, 2015 at 9:11 pm

As not ass Uhg wish I could correct that

5. Nwa nna

April 5, 2015 at 11:21 am

“her milky skin was turned shimmery metallic silver” Really BN, her milky skin? Not a fan of hers & don’t see the big fuss about her air brushing her skin, that na her wahala

6. lol

April 5, 2015 at 11:22 am

Its not blackface. But she liked this picture of this girls saying why do you back – with bad skin and bad weave always have something to say about Kylie Jenner. Lol that was just the last straw for me.

7. carina

April 5, 2015 at 11:43 am

They should let her be. I see nothing wrong in it. In fact the hate on others in this world is too much. I pray for all you all.

8. C'est moi

April 5, 2015 at 11:59 am

Blackface? She looks like some ethereal beaut. I love it. I see the butthurt black mafia out & about throwing spanners & cheapening racism yet again, yesterday it was cosmo now this, is the world too happy a place for ya’ll?

• ruth

April 5, 2015 at 7:45 pm

yeah i agree, ethereal beaut… meanwhile black pipo are thr tryna bleach thr skin white n no one is saying anythhing, its just a shimmery makeup, yu black pipo need to calm d fvck downn

9. Bruness

April 5, 2015 at 1:44 pm

I tell you i am happy @ her response, y’all black people should just chill the hell out, you guys paint and bleach and try harder to look whiter than the whites and no one cares. We can like to do sha haba.

10. mamamia

April 5, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Can the real white people pls stand up! Where were y’ll when snoop dogg painted his face white? Or when Michael Jackson actually turned white without any form of trickery. This goes to show how idle blacks can be, shouldn’t painting her face black be some sort of flattery? Art or no art…I didn’t see the real blondes go haywire over beyonce/kim’s fake blonde hair. Live and let live.

• cindy

April 5, 2015 at 7:56 pm

shussh!! micheal jackson had a skin problem

11. Ms.tobi

April 5, 2015 at 2:27 pm

some people can just like to hate sha!

12. nikky

April 5, 2015 at 3:36 pm

All this fake outrage for what?

13. bluebird

April 5, 2015 at 6:51 pm

No need to get mad at Kylie; she is not trying to be black at all. As a girl with no real purpose in life and too much time on her hands, she is desperately seeking attention anywhere she can find it. So don’t rebuke, simply ignore this naughty little flea and it will go away.

14. Munroe

April 6, 2015 at 12:33 am

That is a very mean thing to say. And I’m sure you are a girl. Typical. It’s your type that will get on ig and be posting about women supporting women.

15. Lady D

April 6, 2015 at 2:42 am

I don’t think the photos portrays her has having a black face. Either way she isn’t a naturally pretty girl. In her case plastic surgery did wonders for her.

16. temiloluwa

April 6, 2015 at 11:49 pm

Hmmmn kylie kylie kylie. Asawo .blackface ko blueface ni.She took after kim and kris .i heard her face is being compared with micheal jackson.Everything na plastic.God would not let her end up like micheal jackson.

17. BlackMoon Rising

April 7, 2015 at 4:13 am

100% sure that this so called ‘black’ is actually a dark silver-gray. Folks need to get their eyes checked. lOl!

18. Ebony

April 7, 2015 at 9:15 am

But can’t black people just ignore these things…
    And must you always assume she’s doing “black face”, what if avatar was the inspiration.
    Chill y’all

19. comfy comfy

April 7, 2015 at 3:44 pm

please people should let this girl be.
    i dont see anything wrong with what she did. Rihanna did a similar thing in her video clip ”UMBRELLA”
    its as if blacks are just becoming so petty, all is due to some kind of inferiority complex.
    we just have to believe and have pride in ourselves no matter what. the noise must stop.

20. nickibb

May 5, 2015 at 10:36 am

She’s trying too hard to be black. Media calling her lips “the Kylie Jenner lips”, um I’m pretty sure black people own this feature, but it ain’t special unless its some white girl. Not a black face? Hmm that’s very interesting because last time I checked she makes excuses that’s she’s not racist. She didn’t take the critisism she was getting for this photoshoot very well and chose to address it ignorantly. Shes just a white girl trying to live her life? Shit that’s what black girls are trying to do without being killed because of racism. All of you saying black people have privileges, I bet your flat asses that you’r white. WHAT PRIVILEGE DO BLACK PEOPLE HAVE EXACTLY? Nothing. White people steal everything from black people and make it a joke. Big Lips, Big Ass, Dark Skin, Cornrows, Rap, The N word, “trashy clothes”. Degrading black people to be feared because why? Because white slave masters don’t own black people anymore? When did Black people become lazy? When they stop working for free for white people? Kylie Jenner is a racist little girl dating some pedophile…smh stop acting like she ain’t trying to be black. She’s some 17 white girl acting like she has a black woman’s full lips, pffft she was “blessed” with some small ass lips don’t even exist.

21. Dahlia

October 28, 2015 at 9:06 pm

I don’t see a black girl when looking at these photos. I will however admit I have no idea who this girl is and the skin tone didn’t even make me think black girl. Personally I’m black and kinda exspect something darker in tone? I’ll admit my sister is light skin but this isn’t close to what she would look like. Those lips aren’t just black people that’s a silly American racism.

Then again if I’m correct she is famous. People do feel famous people are their property…

I don’t know I guess I assumed she was darker because the entire picture is dark. Very good and artistic I love it. Good job with the glitter as it really opens her up not sure how else to explain it. With no prior knowledge of the girl I can’t see black face when looking at it so…

I think she’s a rather beautiful girl but I also realize it’s fun for our American culture to attack women. America just loves it be it this women or another famous women. Looking at ourselves and being just as harsh is hard no?

Sorry if I had typos it’s hard to type on this thing and I only notice my mistakes later. ?

P.s. What is black anyway? I’ve been told I act white and talk white…

22. Dahlia

October 28, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Milky skin?! I think you want to say orange skin right? I don’t want to make fun of the girl honestly she’s beautiful but she’s far from milky. Besides not to be racist but the closes I have seen in beautiful milky skin would be Asian women. White people are more pink cause the lack of pigment lets the blood show easy. This is just too funny to me.