Relationships

Omawumi’s Baby Shower! Bestie Waje, Tiwa Savage, Toke Makinwa, Damilola Adegbite, Chigul & More

BellaNaija.com

10832250_640571599413276_1169780163_n

Toke Makinwa, Omawumi, Tiwa Savage

It’s Omawumi’s baby shower today!

The recent bride is welcoming her second child into the world soon, and her pals are throwing a cute shower for her at Intercontinental Hotel.

Guests include Waje, Tiwa Savage, Toke Makinwa, Damilola Adegbite, Chigul, Toju Foyeh, Andrea Giaccaglia, Kunbi Oyelese of April by Kunbi.

Here are the first photos via Instagram!

Toke Makinwa

Toke Makinwa

Toju Foyeh, Toke Makinwa

Toju Foyeh, Toke Makinwa

Chigul, Toju Foyeh

Chigul, Toju Foyeh

Toju Foyeh, Omawumi

Toju Foyeh, Omawumi

Toke Makinwa, Omawumi (2)

Toke Makinwa, Omawumi

Kunbi Oyelese, Toke Makinwa, Toju Foyeh

Kunbi Oyelese, Toke Makinwa, Toju Foyeh

Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi, Lilian

Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi, Lilian

1. Oluwaseun

April 12, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Aww… So nice and cute. I wish her safe delivery.

2. S!

April 12, 2015 at 8:21 pm

June, July, August was a really romantic month in the entertainment industry.
    Venitta, Omawumi, Tiwi, Simi Esiri, Gideon Okeke, Timaya either just welcomed or are expecting soon.

3. matece

April 12, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Wish her safe delivery. Tiwa is really looking sweet despite been heavy.

4. jennietobbie

April 12, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Girlfriends >>>> the best when you meet the good ones

• ATL's finest

April 12, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Absolutely true!,God bless my few female friends especially my BEST friend of LIFE

5. Funmi

April 12, 2015 at 8:30 pm

I wish her safe delivery in Jesus name. And me too. Amen

• Ayodeji Adebayo

April 12, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Hey Funmi, congratulations :). Here’s wishing you a safe delivery – bringing a new life to the world is such an amazing process. May the good and sovereign Lord protect and direct you. Take good care of yourself.

Lovely looking photos BN team.

• concerned

April 12, 2015 at 8:59 pm

My dear, safe delivery and a healthy beautiful child for you IJN

• Vortex

April 12, 2015 at 9:48 pm

@Funmi, Amen! For you and her.

6. Tiwas crush

April 12, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Tiwas all I c… Pregnancy dodo suits u dear, wishin u n Oma a safe delivery..

7. carina

April 12, 2015 at 8:38 pm

I wish her Safe delivery.

8. concerned

April 12, 2015 at 8:49 pm

God bless Omawumi and her bundle of joy! Tiwa looks muuuaaahhh! Not to change the topic, but am I just being me or does it look like Toke and Tiwa aren’t as close as they used to come accross? Anyway, I wish all the expectant parents safe deliveries, happy and healthy babies and long prosperous lives IJN!

9. tobi

April 12, 2015 at 9:03 pm

So cute , I pray she delivers her baby safely

10. bruno

April 12, 2015 at 9:03 pm

omawumi congratulations, tiwa savage congrats to u also.

toke makinwa, it is not always about you. u are going for a baby shower, not a photo shoot. too much make up and hair.
    no be only you waka come.

you are attending a baby shower are u not suppose to bring gifts for the expecting mother.

• Nahum

April 12, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Tell them o! I think it is very shady to attend a baby shower and not bring a gift for the baby. So na rice and stew you wan chop on top pikin head??? It’s disgraceful if you ask me. All these Aunty Agbayas that just came to snap pics and brought nothing for the wee one. Mtschewwww

• Beez

April 14, 2015 at 2:57 am

But how do you know she didn’t go with any gift?? Bad Belle!

11. bruno

April 12, 2015 at 9:09 pm

If I’m throwing my baby shower (yes, men also are allowed to throw baby showers) and you did not bring any gift, I will not allow you to enter, you will stand outside. period.

• Sugar

April 13, 2015 at 10:52 am

You are female!!!!!Who are you deceiving. Abeg take several seats jere

12. anonymous

April 12, 2015 at 9:11 pm

They all look beautiful. OMA baby, I wish you a safe delivery….. But wait! Did I just see Damilola’s navel?

• Lally

April 12, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Oh My Gosh, I had to go back up and look and yes i cannot unsee that navel. *lol*

13. Eman

April 12, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Wish the pregnant ladies a safe delivery

14. sapphire

April 12, 2015 at 9:45 pm

Awww…..safe deliveries preety ladies!
    Erm, I once heard if a woman glows during ha pregnancy, higher chances it’s a girl. When the reverse is the case, a boy.
    So lemme take a guess. Boy for Omawunmi, Girl for Tiwa…..hehehe.

• sigh

April 12, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Lol what kind of wicked shade is this?

• Anon

April 12, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Look at Omawumi’s skin, she’s glowing. Is it because she’s not all “glammed” up? If she had packed her face with foundation and worn extensions, she’d have looked glam. She’s glowing as she is.

• Carliforniabawlar

April 12, 2015 at 11:25 pm

Why evils?!?!!

• o

April 12, 2015 at 11:57 pm

Han han??? Which kind shade be this??

• Let it glow

April 13, 2015 at 8:15 am

Nope. If she glows it is a boy. If she looks somehow it is most likely a girl. That is what I have gathered from my experiences. But I guess it may be different for others.

• sisi lara

April 13, 2015 at 10:02 am

I guess the inscription “it’s a boy” was in one of those pics,so, your guess is right.I didn’t know of that theory though…..

15. Onetallgirl

April 12, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Omawumi, and tiwa have belle, toke what of your own! Lol ( I sound like that an African mom right)

• corolla

April 12, 2015 at 10:00 pm

You just sound stupid. #thatisall

• concerned

April 14, 2015 at 5:57 pm

God bless you for this

• Laface

April 12, 2015 at 10:26 pm

No Ma, you don’t sound like an “African mom”, you actually sound ignorant, insensitive and lack considerable knowledge in social etiquettes!!! How DARE you a mere mortal ask another being about a process above and beyond human creation?
      Whatever Toke’s story is, it is none of your business! Breed yours and mind over them…#BloodyUterusWatcher#

• Diddy

April 13, 2015 at 1:24 am

Anaekwugheri

• Kel

April 13, 2015 at 9:15 am

Don’t be stupid.

• Nahum

April 13, 2015 at 10:00 am

Wow…that was a heartless comment,

• Ada

April 13, 2015 at 11:07 am

Stupid ? not just stupid..brazenly daft!

• benny

April 13, 2015 at 11:11 am

Nopes. You sound like an idiot

16. atinuke

April 12, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Safe delivery pretties

17. Dee

April 12, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Ahahhhhh . People. Why do you keep hating on Toke . Damilola’s makeover is far more Dan Toke’s. Please allow her breath pls

18. Lilo

April 12, 2015 at 10:17 pm

Where are her real friends? I mean the people who aren’t their for photo op? Toke, kunmbi and Tiwa are not her friends…these are standard photo opportunists.

• Sisi

April 13, 2015 at 5:58 pm

The only real friend I see is Waje, the rest were their to mark present.

19. Alexandra

April 12, 2015 at 10:59 pm

Ohhhh soooo lovely!!!! I wish her d best delivery ….. Tiwa looks gorg in her pregnancy….

20. t1

April 12, 2015 at 11:15 pm

Congrats girlfriends!

21. nene

April 12, 2015 at 11:35 pm

pregnancy does a number on not just a woman’s body but the face. how do these hollywood celebrities look beautiful in the face throughout their pregnancy?

• zelda

April 13, 2015 at 11:17 am

iv been thinkin about it too o,it beats me

• mimi

May 12, 2015 at 1:10 pm

It is called a Glam Squad, that are always there to ensure they look ‘snatched’ in every manner possible. So in other words it having your make up to go team at your every beckon call.

22. Funmi

April 12, 2015 at 11:44 pm

Thanks Ayo, vortex and concerned. God bless y’all. Amen to all your prayers. *smiles

23. Amadioha

April 13, 2015 at 12:03 am

Bruno is female that I know for sure, I don they follow u closely

• mama mia!!!

April 13, 2015 at 12:47 am

Very true!!! Guess she has always wanted to be a man and playing the whole sasha fierce thing only her stage is Bella Naija. Abi, IP address no dey again? Mtcheeeew

• Lilo

April 13, 2015 at 1:33 am

Before nko? Lmao…this has been a no brainier for yonks

• Anon

April 13, 2015 at 10:18 am

The bitterness and rudeness can only come from a female. Seriously, men can’t be that bitter and rude.

24. Mostest

April 13, 2015 at 12:54 am

@sapphire actually the reverse is the case, they say girls take your beauty for themselves so it’s probably another girl for omawumi. Whichever it is, I pray she delivers a healthy beautiful baby. That being said, I think she just likes to portray herself as an old woman, and she’s barely 32. Pregnancy is tough enough, doll yourself up especially in such a young marriage. It’s not evry time that team natural is the best looking. Tiwa looks amazing and dare I say, took her shine.

So Damilola attoh has big idodo? Onto the crop top, asos is trying in all our lives.

Toke puts herself out there and obviously doesn’t care what people say. So therefore people are allowed to comment. She’s not complaining. She attends all the weddings but still hasn’t done hers. Being a luxury fashionista like herself it’s defintiely not finances holding her back. She should calm down

25. tochi o

April 13, 2015 at 2:02 am

All of you throwing shade at her friends for not bringing gifts. Didn’t you read that it was her friends who ORGANIZED the shower for her???

• Nahum

April 13, 2015 at 10:47 am

Nigerians have completely misunderstood the concept of baby showers. I explained this once before, but I will explain again. A baby shower is a party thrown by the friends or family of the mom-to-be so that people can celebrate the arrival of the new child and buy the mother things the baby will need. Throwing a party without bringing the baby gifts is completely pointless

26. yomi

April 13, 2015 at 2:55 am

lol. toke be like ‘yessss everybody park well, mogbo moya- i don cum where d party for dey happen?!

27. Udochi

April 13, 2015 at 6:27 am

See how Tiwa is glowing; boobs included.
    Buh why didn’t omowunmi do her baby shower at her home tho?? :s

thehomealley.blogspot.com

• Jennifer

April 13, 2015 at 8:39 am

be. Because it was a surprise done by her friends and why can’t u guys congratulate and move on

28. Grown Woman

April 13, 2015 at 9:36 am

Wow some people just like to hate…Wishing all the expectant motheers a safe delivery

29. Grace

April 13, 2015 at 10:40 am

Congratulations to her. Tiwa is so looking beautiful. Omawumi is beautiful too. I wish all the pregnant women safe delivery IJN. Amen

30. integrity

April 13, 2015 at 10:58 am

Lovely people. It seems the body language between Toke and Tiwa does look not so cordial like before… Just saying…..

31. chloe

April 13, 2015 at 11:50 am

from the pictures Toke and Toju look like those annoying friends that wouldnt pay their money until the last minute (thats if they’ll even pay) but will attend and show themselves pass the real friends that did all the planning..

• Ada

April 13, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Chloe and you deciphered all this from a mere picture! You got some madt skills Chloe and hey listen up Bellanaija.com you just got yourselves a potential money making machine in Chloe..send her photographs of potential advertisers, she’ll tell you who the real money spinners are! cc: Uche Eze Take note.

32. babe

April 13, 2015 at 1:21 pm

y is toke taking all d blames,especially d gift tin.now my question is is she d only guest,and it’s dier bizness if dey bring gifts or not.plsssss

33. lati

April 13, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Ehen, BN commenters don turn winch o. So all of you saw the part where they didn’t bring gifts. You saw inside Toke’s purse too abi. Or the gift must be a baby carrier that the whole world can see.
    Must you judge what you aren’t sure of? And for the person that said Toke hasn’t done her wedding…. Seriously? I know everybody loves to hate her but the more y’all hate, the more attention she’s getting. Just compare the number of comments about Toke to Omawumi, the celebrant.