News

Video Shows Oba of Lagos Threatening the Lives of Igbo Leaders – WATCH

1. BB

April 6, 2015 at 9:36 pm

The crazy Lagos Oba should go to hell with the later clarification !! It baffles me how a corrupt king thinks that he still possesses the same magical powers potent enough to make anything happen like his predecessors of centuries ago !! And only a silly Igbo man will vote for Ambode in Lagos. The oba just campaigned for Agbaje indirectly and no amount of clarifications can make igbo people “unhear” what they already heard!!! To be clear I am Yoruba man. This corrupt king is a disgrace to what Yoruba pride represents as encapsulated in this statement from the highly-revered Oba Awujale of Ijebu-Ode:-
    “In Ijebu, it is not possible for any Oba, not only in Ijebu, but Yorubaland, to go out and say vote for this or vote for that. Whoever does that is looking for trouble. But give the candidate the opportunity to present his programme so that people can make up their minds on what to do. I think this is a very sound democratic principle and that is what I have decided to do, to give you the opportunity of meeting with the people”.

That’s the only Oba I respect in Nigeria, as well as the Oba of Benin. Enough said

• ...just saying

April 7, 2015 at 3:48 am

I say dethrone this King…That may be the only way APC can win Lagos o!

2. Tunji

April 6, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Lobatan!

• Fashionista

April 6, 2015 at 9:40 pm

As in!!!! Words fail me.

• LotusFlower

April 6, 2015 at 9:50 pm

This Oba had to nerve to say that this Saturday, he owns Lagos. It is well.

• Magz

April 7, 2015 at 1:25 pm

As in! I am weak! Prior to watching this, i was still saying maybe he did not say it. But now, i am ashamed & embarrassed.

3. lilian

April 6, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Lol

• Wale

April 7, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Much Ado About Nothing! The Oba of lagos can say what he likes, there are 200 more other Oba’s and Baales in lagos. Oba of lagos is the king of lagos island? Big deal! This is just a storm out of a teacup, what the oba said in that video doensn’t warrant the drama they are making this into. Look people should come out In masses and vote – all ethnic groups. Someone has brought up the theory that the Oba was Paid By PDP because he made a Freudian slip by saying he speaks with “Jonathan everyday” this is looking like a BIG possibility. What ever the case, the fact still stands, this not about Igbo leaders in lagos or Oba of lagos island. what we have at hand is the qualification of Ambode vs agbaje. The difference is clear. Ambode is the one with experience and readiness. Lagosians (yoruba, efik, awori etc) are too intelligent for this hoopla. Everyone should turn out in mass for the soul of lagos and to support Ambode. I see this being good, pdp think they can make drama, instead they’ve stirred passion and this will make everyone turn out. Everyone turning out – Advantage APC.

• Bukola

April 7, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Oh please SHUT UP! Your ignorance overwhelmes me

• Annonymous

April 8, 2015 at 2:56 am

I’m tempted to ask you to f**K off. It’s no surprise that you can’t see anything wrong in what the Oba said…

• akagha

April 9, 2015 at 9:05 am

your oba fall prey to cheap bribe given to him by whoever to destroy the long standing relationship between the Igbos and the Yoruba, he was serious with utterances’ and he swore to show that he meant what he said. He claim that the gods has chosen ambode hahahaha. My brother ‘the heart of the king is in the hand of GOD’ and ‘Out of the abundant of the heart the mouth speaketh’.The Igbos are like the Israelites in Nigeria. What goes up must come down. Igbos in Lagos please watch your back o for their oba to have said this who knows what they are planning for us in the secret. God has alloyed this to happen for a purpose. It is a revelation. Abide by this piece of advice

4. BB

April 6, 2015 at 9:39 pm

The crazy Lagos Oba should go to hell with the later clarification !! It baffles me how a corrupt king thinks that he still possesses the same magical powers potent enough to make anything happen like his predecessors of centuries ago !! And only a silly Igbo man will vote for Ambode in Lagos. The oba just campaigned for Agbaje indirectly and no amount of clarifications can make igbo people “unhear” what they already heard!!! To be clear I am Yoruba man. This corrupt Lagos king is a disgrace to what Yoruba pride represents as encapsulated in this statement from the highly-revered Oba Awujale of Ijebu-Ode on the occasion of GEJ visit to Ijebu-Ode:-

• Blessmyheart

April 7, 2015 at 3:19 pm

I join everybody else in utterly condemning the Oba’s rant but I can’t help wonder why no one is speaking out against the so-called Igbo leaders that were present and kept saying Amen

• Action

April 8, 2015 at 2:25 am

You can’t fight a king in his domain, the best way to speak out against the Oba’s statement is at the gubernatorial election in Lagos come this Saturday

5. LotusFlower

April 6, 2015 at 9:39 pm

I thought Nigeria was a democracy? So people should vote for who the Oba wants because the Oba hand selected Abmode? Is that how politics should be? The Oba should learn to encourage people to vote for the right candidate, rather than seek to get votes by uttering useless threats.

And if he didn’t believe that he was uttering threats, why deny it in the first place?

6. Babym

April 6, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Chai this is terrible! Blood of God! God just wants Jimi to win because i dont see how any right thinking person can still vote for ambode. Ehen wey that Wale person wey dey rant for previous posts dey talk say no be the oba? Buhahahaha he or she was sooo certain buhahaha u see how u have disgraced urself on social media! Oya back track, we forgive you!

• Olori Tari

April 6, 2015 at 10:36 pm

But the Oba is not Ambode. To say any right thinking person should not vote Ambode for another man’s irresponsibility is utterly unfair. They are two different individuals and Ambode should not have to suffer such! It is totally unfair. This is the man that has spent his whole campaign on preaching one Lagos and just yesterday on Channels tv he said people have a choice. In his words “there is no Igbo vote. No Hausa votes, no Yoruba votes”! This is A man who has won different tribe attires and has included different people from major tribes in his videos…it is all to consciously pass a message that everyone matters. So because of a reckless Oba…people wuld turn their back to this man? Sigh…at the end of the day, we have to understand that Jimi Agbaje is Yoruba and HIS FAMILY MEMBER and Ambode is Yoruba too. Whoever wins, would still go and mingle with this Oba and there shall be ‘orikis’ flying up and Down like nothing happened! All na chop and clean mouth…

So if because of protest vote, you vote PDP and take Lagos 16 years back then it’s up to y’all really! This man would not get affected o,it’s the average man and people like me that will suffer all these now! The Oba is NOT Ambode and is NOT APC! At the end of the day, please vote your conscience and someone who you believe wuld be better for Lagos. Not the one that you will shout CHANGE for the sake of it or because FG changed, you want to go from positive to negative change. Think well and vote wisely guys!

*sings Ambode’s campaign song*…Itesiwaju Ipinle Eko…Ambo o, Ambo, Eko sese bere ni oo, Ambo o…Gbogbo wa la l’eko, ajo ma je gbadun! (Lagos is for all of us, we will all enjoy)

• KingsQueen

April 6, 2015 at 11:26 pm

love that Ambode jingle. But that other man has got my vote, Jimi Agbaje all the way

• ohagudo imma

April 6, 2015 at 11:49 pm

pls just shut up olori dont get people angry

• vooks

April 7, 2015 at 4:40 am

utter nonsense….. Are you blind to see he is part of APC? Saying the oba is not APC and bla bla bla is nonsense…..

• AB

April 7, 2015 at 11:11 am

Please, wen pdp did theirs, we crucified GEJ. Oba has spoken and he represents Ambode and APC. He said he picked Ambode. Besides, what backwardness are u talking about? AC/APC has ruled Lagos for 16 years and my suburb and so many suburbs cant boast of motorable roads. You(AC/APC) only specialised in tarring roads where people will see and neglect the suburbs. Come to oguduorioke/alapere or ogba- nonsense 16 years of progress. until the ordinary man can feel your impact, you done nothing. If it will take Jimi to bring that impact, then i dont mind voting for him even if it leads me to the Lagoon.

• Ebony

April 7, 2015 at 11:45 am

Lol @ worn different tribe attires.
      Don’t be so naive. Wouldn’t you do same if you were told your winning the gubernatorial elections depended on that? Not saying it does, but that shouldn’t move you. Kudos to Ambode’s wardrobe team btw

• cindy

April 7, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Are you kidding me? I’m not voting but honestly how does what this oba said equal Ambode?

7. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

April 6, 2015 at 9:48 pm

The Oba should know that he is not God and he is not invincible. I suggest he be careful before he goes the way of Pharoah.

8. Omoj

April 6, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Wow but wait a minute, are those representatives from the East behind him? All I can think of is either he is not good with words or something is just not sitting well with his use of words. I find it had to say some “stupid” stuff when it comes to HRH. Permit me am just not that way. Thank God for video, maybe this is all Agbaje needs in other to win. Grandfatherism and Lagos: EKO TI BAJE TAN O

9. Tunji

April 6, 2015 at 9:52 pm

This is a real shame! He claimed Tinubu n Fasola cannot disobey him… Seriously? Ok o Oba Akiolu or whatever we the electorate will disobey ur axe on Saturday…Rubbish

10. Kimmy

April 6, 2015 at 9:52 pm

Lol…….. Wale Whr @ thou????????

• Wale

April 7, 2015 at 6:21 am

Here I am, I didn’t go anywhere, I was at work when the responses were coming in, I had sent the comment below when I read that he had a meeting with Igbo elders, but the point still stands that 1)he didn’t give an interview the Oba was merely stating authoritatively his stance on things. After all they were on his turf, any Eze would do the same or even better it
      2)there is nothing in the video that I find extreme. I don’t know the Oba, don’t care much for people who have a special means of selecting leaders in some dark alley. This is not about the Oba, it was about pdp propaganda which this still remains. The Oba can repeat himself saying the same thing a million times, and it still will not change my position. I was more concerned about Ambode. Yes I still stand a 1000% behind everything I wrote earlier today. I dont write recklessly, when I do I typically would apologize. I am passionate about naija polktics because it is important for the progress of the country. I didn’t break any “Pari” as some have alluded to-I will do it over again. These are important political times Ambode should be the next governor. I am not benefitting from this and I have done exactly the same thing I did to draw support for Buhari and osibajo. See what I a wrote on why this wasn’t about the esteemed Oba but rather about the quality of the candidates. Yes, this really matters to me, and I don’t have any attachments in Nigeria-but it is my country and I love it very much and so should everyone else. Politics is politics, it is passion and I am encouraged with the response. The focus however should t be on the Oba. Hence the reason I wrote this as soon it broke that the Oba’s PA published a response. The way the pdp spun this is completely different from the video-yes, they added their jara. You all should admit it wasn’t really a big deal.
      Oba or no Oba; the case for Ambode:
      For the 1st time we would have an apc man at the villa in Abuja, the senate leadership and in lagos. All the financial struggles lagos has had because the national govt under pdp had refused to help lagos with extra assistance. Now we will have support. Everyone wants to settle in lagos, hence the need for extra resources from the national government. If anything we need to experience how much better lagos will be with these extra funds from abuja and policies based on the new lagos special purpose status. Even UK himself said lagos will be better with the party in lagos aligning with party in power.
      Ambode the better of the two candidates will get running from the time he is elected, agbaje will be doing on the job training.

Agbaje a pharmacist has only owned one corner chemist, that 1 store in his entire professional life, AND he couldn’t even grow that one store into a multimillion Naira outlet, talk less of multiple locations .I am not even going to go into the bit about his refusal to pay taxes for that one tiny little store.
      Ambode on the other hand created and engineered the budget and internal revenue generating system that most states in Nigeria have now adopted and some countries in Africa have emulated.
      Ambode is from humble roots, but he is an “igi iwe”,very smart man. Yes, he can’t speak phoneh etc, but if you wake him up at 3am in the morning he will quote you lagos figures, stats and the situation and state of the State. Ambode is highly credentialized. You see he has been well seasoned for this role for a long time. He even went to Harvard to acquire all the necessary skills to augment his buoyant knowledge of public administration. If there is anyone in Nigeria or world for that matter, that knows and understands the inner workings of the lagos state government better than Ambode, let that person come forward. No one! Ambode is lagos in blood and sweat. He is young, able and agile. Ambode will restore lagos and keep it going in the right direction. Forget the Oba-let us face the matter at hand.
      Lagos is too important, precious and complicated for trial and error! For once people should go out and vote!!!
      Bode George, koro and his friend fayose will ruin lagos.

• The Reader

April 7, 2015 at 7:37 am

Dude, don’t dont be obtuse. You had said the Oba didnt say this… that it was PDP propaganda. Now you find that he said it, you’re acting all dense. You dont find the fact that he said all igbos will perish in the water extreme??? WALE, just how much are they paying you????????????!!

• Bruness

April 7, 2015 at 7:37 am

Wale you are digressing, don’t say you don’t care about what the Oba said please watch the video and comment on the matter @ hand, what is your take on what the Oba said. Is it right or wrong???? Stop running about with words..

• Kelechi

April 7, 2015 at 8:07 am

It’s all well and good about politics and passion but where’s your outrage and condemnation of the Obas damnable threats to the Igbo Ezes that are representatives of the Igbo? That’s the subject matter which you’ve conveniently side stepped. Regardless of tribe one should abhor wrong doing when you see it and to ignore same or remain unrepentant makes you just as bad as the foolish oba.

11. jaybird

April 6, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Please where is Wale? We need to learn to stop defending blindly. Be drinking panadol and making someone else’s headache urs.
    So, is this d work of pdp? Or some clueless online site This day should not have quoted???

Double smh!!!!

• Someone Naughty

April 6, 2015 at 11:29 pm

My dear oh. Where is Wale? Defender of the universe. He that argues blindly.

• ohagudo imma

April 6, 2015 at 11:52 pm

help me ask him fanatics of the oba .it goes to show that we can never be one nigeria this one no be racism among blacks lol

• Wale

April 7, 2015 at 6:36 am

Please refer to the comment above. I certainly was not defending blindly. The Oba never did give an interview and the people who broke the news originally did on some obscure
      site which thisday cut and pasted it. So it wasn’t an interview the Oba gave; the thisday guy made it seem it was. This was an Oba talking to a group of visitors from another ethnic group but who legitimately are lagosians as well. He was talking to his people in the capacity as a king. I am not anti igbo or any ethnicity for that matter since I myself I am partly from the SS. My position was to spin the rhetoric before it gets buttressed in people’s mind. This is politics-smash or be smash. My position on this firmly remains the same and I will do it again the same way. Now I have to retire for the day,who knows what propaganda pdp will bring tomorrow that may need to be addressed swiftly. Please vote on Saturday.

• AB

April 7, 2015 at 11:26 am

No, you need to go take nap, cos you clearly are diluded.

• zeezee

April 7, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Wale, you are the King of avoiding questions. I dey hail o.

12. sunshine

April 6, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Anyone that knows how tactless this particular man has been, right from his days in the police force would not waste a single second on anything he has to say. We are however in election week and desperate politicians on all sides are grasping at anything to sway votes in their favour. I will say though that I am disappointed at those who are actually insinuating that the extreme opinion of ONE man who clearly takes himself way too seriously, represents that of millions of liberal minded lagos indigenes. I for one cannot wait for this hate-filled election season to be over!

13. Saint tracy

April 6, 2015 at 10:00 pm

Kabiesi o! Saturday no 2 far? If it dosnt happen, can we return d curse to sender?

14. Carliforniabawlar

April 6, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Let me repeat….

Is the Oba of Lagos a democrat? Did anyone vote for him? What legislative, executive or judicial powers does he possess? While I do not care for his bigoted comments, the response on social media has been far more inciting in my opinion….Imagine a blogger asking “is this democracy”….as the statement was made by a monarch, and for all we know APC did not write his speech…the answer to your question is NO!! it’s not a democracy, it’s a monarchy…one that is ceremonial for all intents and purposes.

This election season needs to be over already! While we had our differences over who puts too much oil in their soup and who likes money, we all used to be united over our dislike of corruption and need for a better life! how did we end up in this mess? Jonathan is a hero my yellow behind!

Let me add (lol)….

Some people are already asking if this is the change we were asking for. Shuoooo… just vote for who you want to vote for, Buhari won the elections…get over it already! We need to make a ‘I came here to see who thinks this is my fault’ meme for GMB already.

• TheRealist

April 6, 2015 at 11:20 pm

What has throwing people into the sea has to do with “electioneering season”? The senile Oba is dumb enough but those defending his remarks (or otherwise trying to nuance it) are worse. These remarks deserve a single simple response – contempt and condemnation. Period!!

• Naijatalk

April 6, 2015 at 11:38 pm

Madam please use sense small. The person asking if this is democracy is referring to the fact that the Oba is seen in the video making veiled threats by diabolical means to those who go against “what he is telling them to do.” That is certainly undemocratic. Now whether the threats are to be taken seriously is altogether another thing. The point is as an Oba, he should know that words like the ones he uttered betray disrespect for democratic process. No matter who you are, if you want to tell people that your candidate is a better choice, by all means do so. But it was highly reckless of him and again undemocratic to threaten nonsense.
      On another note, it is becoming increasingly obvious that one Nigeria is a sham. Social media is opening the behinds of so many hateful and bigoted Nigerians. Little wonder the country has been on a trajectory of failure. Hate cradles the foundation. Sad……

• Peaches77

April 7, 2015 at 10:13 am

Ah ah!! You too?? Common, you are better than this, or so I thought. Haba!

• Carliforniabawlar

April 7, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Sweetheart, what have I said?! Egbami!!

My timing might be a little off but my people while we are on the issue of ethnic intolerance we might as well put it all out there! I insist that a lot of people are using this opportunity to let their tribalism show! I obviously do not share the Oba’s sentiments…he not only owes Igbos and Lagosians in general an apology for attempting to stir up the polity, he needs to be called in by the police to write a statement for inciting genocide…heck! let someone come up with something traditional for bringing dishonor to his sacred seat and get him dethroned….BUT I will not excuse or ignore the fact that all the “there is no one Nigeria” & “Lagos aint sh*t without Igbos” statements sit well with me because I’m trying to be politically correct. An old bigoted diabolical man made some horrible comments….Almost everyone is showing disgust, but I am now supposed to be ashamed of my roots? Mbanu!

See, I faced full-on tribalism (plus racism from Indians o) working in Owerri a couple of years ago….do I hold a grudge against every Igbo person I meet? Nope. I was even invited to a group on whatsapp last year…I never join any of those things but my friend convinced me these were professionals…the way the (Lagos-based) Igbo boys on there loosely call Yorubas derogatory names was beyond shocking! It was like being stuck in a twilight zone. I couldn’t even give any smart retorts to their attacks when it got to my turn….what was I supposed to say? These are not 75 yr old greedy politically-driven men o….they are in there late 20s to early 30s. I jejely deleted myself from the group and I continue to refrain from generalizing anyone as tribalistic until they let it slip. Stopping issues like this mad man’s misyarn from being a thing in our generation starts with each and everyone of us….we must search our hearts and learn to correct our parents, friends and kinsmen when they make divisive or derogatory remarks.

15. word

April 6, 2015 at 10:02 pm

I expect dt APC Lagos has contacted Olivia Pope by now. Heard ibo traders across Lagos say they’d like to show the oba how to make money on the lagoon so have resolved to come out en mass for JK. Wot kinda akoba oba is dis now?!

16. Desire

April 6, 2015 at 10:06 pm

@wale where are you o?breaking head on top oba matter,this just goes to show u can’t kill yourself over anybody in this Nigerian politics

17. bee

April 6, 2015 at 10:14 pm

This is so shameful!!!! And people still cheered him on. Is he God? Remember Abacha o baba, what if you don’t even make it to Saturday…

18. S

April 6, 2015 at 10:14 pm

From a conspiracy theorist’s angle, what if the Oba is actually campaigning for Jimi Agbaje? Isn’t it the same back handed support the SW obas did when Jonathan went to meet them? Before people decide to throw the baby out with the bath water, better ask yourself, which Lagos can both candidates and parties produce?

• tish

April 6, 2015 at 10:34 pm

You people will sha come up with anything under the sun. First he couldn’t have said it, next it’s not his voice, now what if he is campaigning for Agbaje?
      Tribalism has eaten deep in this country, passed on from parents to children. People are just trying to be politically correct. A large number of the Yorubas don’t see a problem with what he has said but won’t say it in public.
      Vote who you want to vote, and if you don’t want any don’t vote any, no be by force.
      One Nigeria no be today thing, we have a long way to go.

• Carliforniabawlar

April 6, 2015 at 11:12 pm

What are you saying?? this person clearly stated that it’s a conspiracy theory given that all other Yoruba monarchs have publicly supported PDP. IMHO Igbos are looking for more enemies where there are none (or a few). Y’all have lived peacefully in Lagos and the southwest in general for at least a century…save for a few fracas here and there. You insist Yorubas are tribalistic, I’m starting to think this is a projection of your own innate prejudices on Yoruba (and ALL other non-igbo) people….Okay, let’s see, the Oba made statements, 99% of Yoruba people condemn him…some have even called the guy, one of their highest ranking traditional rulers, a lunatic….most people on my facebook are busy updating apologies on behalf of all Yoruba people. Do you have any close Yoruba friends? (I have a nagging feeling you don’t) please approach them and ask how they feel about this incidence. The only people trying to be politically correct are those that feel that accepting that they were wrong might hurt APCs chances.
      Anyways sha, no be una fault, awon Oba jaku jaku, abonlonjeku akara oogun, awon ti nkan ton ma je o je kan gbon (wey the thing wey dem won chop no allow them to have an iota of wisdom), na dem I blame. Awon agba rada rada ti o le to’le.

• lol

April 7, 2015 at 1:21 am

No but seriously anything is possible in Naija! ANYTHING!!!!!

• Bruness

April 7, 2015 at 6:36 am

@ tish thank you

• Colour Purple

April 7, 2015 at 9:05 am

Stop generalizing!!!!!! All the Yoruba people I know think the man is a senile old goat for those comments, so stop being a tribal bigot. I would still vote for Ambode regardless and I am Igbo 🙂

• tish

April 7, 2015 at 11:41 am

@Californiabawler the person didn’t clearly state, he asked what if? Another one of the unending questions this speech has garnered, for what exactly? To prove its authenticity? The video was being clamored for, it’s here now and the conspiracy theoreticians spring up?
      Yeah how you feel a particular tribe is ‘ looking’ for more enemies is already telling.
      We have lived peacefully in the SW so have the Yorubas in the SE. Tribalism is alive in Nigeria as I stated, I’m not sure where you got that I insisted that it’s a yoruba thing.
      99% of who? Where did you get your stats from? Some have, a lot haven’t. There are numerous comments on fb and Twitter that show that. Peep Kunle Afolayan’s mentions and help yourself with some of them.
      No need being petty, I have yoruba friends and in-laws too if I may add. I have had discussions with some on this and that is why I insist that people are trying to be politically correct. I know this people I’ve seen them talk about things that mean something to them, their condemnation of the speech is so half hearted it’s actually amusing. Ehn what he said is bad but how come they were clapping, they knew he couldn’t have been serious. Really? The speech has to have an explanation somehow.
      Yeah, you are right on that one, no be our fault. Na dem you suppose blame.

19. Engoz

April 6, 2015 at 10:16 pm

I don’t have any problems if we want to go back to practicing a regional form of government or split in order for this pretense of unity as a nation to end. We certainly are not one in Nigeria. Nigerians need to honest with themselves. You cannot be canvassing for democracy where everyone has the right to vote who they wish but get threatened by other ethnic groups and try to enforce who they should vote for with the backing of some diabolical means aka juju. There are consequences of being democratic nation and that is everyone has the right to choose who they vote for according to the Nigerian constitution.

• ohagudo imma

April 6, 2015 at 11:55 pm

i support the split than leaving in the pretense

• BlueEyed

April 7, 2015 at 6:14 am

I want to hug you @Engoz, this charade of Unity is pointless, because Nigeria has, and can never be ONE. I’m tired of this SW AND Northern people always thinking they are smart, plz let us go our individual ways! Enough of this pretense!

20. concerned9ja

April 6, 2015 at 10:17 pm

Not nice saying people should drown..
    However Igbos in Lagos claim they are Lagosians but voted Jonathan on tribal lines when you fully aware Lagos is an APC State..without APC Lagos would have been a cesspit!!
    You see everyone is guilty of Tribalism…..no one’s exactly innocent!!

• Beeeee

April 6, 2015 at 10:31 pm

Yea no one is innocent but we are not sending our fellow Nigerians to drown in the lagoon

• concerned9ja

April 6, 2015 at 11:30 pm

Stop being selective the Oba stupidly said it…not the Yoruba Tribe and definitely not Ambode!!

• www.thelmathinks.com

April 6, 2015 at 10:56 pm

Please shut it, this isn’t about tribalism, it’s a threat to lives of innocent people, it’s inciting people to vote for a particular party under duress, it is criminal and should be treated as such!

• concerned9ja

April 6, 2015 at 11:34 pm

And what are you now inciting?…what about the APC members killed in Rivers? ?

• iyen

April 6, 2015 at 11:23 pm

i am ashame to be a Yoruba man because of you shameful statemnent

• TheRealist

April 6, 2015 at 11:25 pm

So “Lagosians” are sheep that can only vote one way? [email protected]

• TheRealist

April 6, 2015 at 11:27 pm

@concerned9ja, btw, how do you know how Ibos voted? I thought it was a secret ballot? Or were you inside the voting booth with each and every Ibo voter in Lagos?

• ohagudo imma

April 6, 2015 at 11:57 pm

So because lagos is APC one should not vote his conscience/ i bow for una oo.SO IN ekiti apc no get vote abi?

• Livy

April 7, 2015 at 1:45 am

And you mean no yoruba man voted GMB cos of Osibanjo on tribal lines

• mammamia

April 9, 2015 at 12:04 am

Jonathan is not Igbo so how can you say Igbos voted for him on tribal lines? You are just inexplicably filled with hate for the Igbos.

21. DJ STELCH

April 6, 2015 at 10:17 pm

Umu Nnem Ndi Igbo Genù Ntì, Oba will remain oba even if Governorship changes hands. I suggest we igbos stay in Lagos and continually enjoy our various business rather than have issues with the oba. Yes we have our rights though but lets be diplomatic. Life na sense oooooo ( AKONUCHE BU IHE ANYI CHÒRÒ UGBUÀ).. I love Jimi Agbaje but the thought of PDP using Lagos Fund to regroup Kinda scares me though…
    .NOTE: Raise Your Words, Not Your Voice. It Is Rain That Grows Flowers, Not Thunder..

• Ada Nnewi

April 6, 2015 at 11:12 pm

DJ stelch biko chop knuckle. Inwe ezigbo Uche biko…

• ohagudo imma

April 6, 2015 at 11:58 pm

are you igbo?please let people vote thier conscience

• Reverse

April 7, 2015 at 8:48 am

The hypocrisy of you all! So now it’s PDP using Lagos money to regroup. By inference, this is what APC has been doing yet you all didn’t cry out, instead you hail Tinubu as Machiavelli… now Lagos needs to align with the center. We are watching. Ada nnewi, borrow some sense, always looking for knuckle to chop.

• mammamia

April 9, 2015 at 12:06 am

Nwa nne o di ka egobi go gi! Jiri ya nwayo! Chetakwa Judas na k’osi wee naa.

22. bruno

April 6, 2015 at 10:20 pm

just look at him talk, like the fool he is.

“he didn’t say it, he didn’t say it , an oba can never say something like that, it is propaganda blah blah blah”
    where is that desperate piece of sh!t called @wale. show ur face. mumu. we are going to pour sand in ur garri just watch and see, abi na this coming Saturday be the election.

• Wale

April 7, 2015 at 6:47 am

Bruno, i like your passion, it is good for Nigeria, but calling people shit makes you seem more like a fayose or orubebe as opposed to a Jega in my eyes. Easy, we are having debates in this forum. Now go back and read the original story published by thisday and then watch the video/transcript and tell me if thisday didn’t add their jara here and there to make the Oba’s comment seem more sensational. Then comeback later to discuss like adults. I didn’t run, I have”shown my face”. Goodnight.

23. Madame Solange

April 6, 2015 at 10:20 pm

but why were the Eze Ndigbos still answering Amen? This king shaaaa, just cost Ambode his gubernatorial election.

• idoublecrossmyheart

April 6, 2015 at 10:44 pm

That is the thing with Igbo, they will give you the rope to hang yourself and tell you it is indeed a carrot you are about to eat. They are jeering his downfall or the downfall of whomever he is supporting. LOL. And I am Igbo,

• Briann

April 6, 2015 at 11:33 pm

LOL. He didn’t cost Ambode anything, he didn’t stand a chance against a more intellectual candidate eitherways

24. PH Boy

April 6, 2015 at 10:26 pm

oh dear! What a shame. In the year 2015 and this is happening. Where is the democrazy in all of this. My heart bleeds for our forefathers’ vision of a one Nigeria. I know that the God I serve is alive and he is forever faithful for it shall not be well for all those who do not see the good in others. History has taught us that all those who chose to play God with other people’s lifes ended catastrophically! And to think I originally had APC on my mind makes it easy for me on Saturday ; Jimi all the way. And if I don’t see that curse of yours “baba” , then you are the bastard!

25. Beeeee

April 6, 2015 at 10:36 pm

Anyone who does not outrightly condemn this man is as guilty as he is. Sorry, what does the Igbo people voting for Jonathan have to do with what this so-called Oba said? Lagos is an APC state so it must be an APC state forever?

• ohagudo imma

April 6, 2015 at 11:59 pm

ABEG HELP ME ASK THIS SABO PEOPLE OOO ABI APC THE PAY ME SALARY

26. Kili

April 6, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Edi lo di Baba yi o!! Lol. How does explain this.
    I am shocked and lost for words.
    I’m Yoruba and this is totally inappropriate, cruel and offensive.

I WANT USE THIS MEDIUM TO APOLOGIZE TO ALL THE IGBOS.
    THIS IS A SHEER MISREPRESENTATION OF THE YORUBA TRIBE. PLEASE WE ARE SORRY ON HIS BEHALF.
    This is just wrong on so many levels.
    This is how God will keep opening their ‘yansh’ …. All the beneficiaries of Govt money, tax payers money. Baba were. Why so desperate and foolish?
    AMBODE is sooooooooooooo losing this one. Thanks to this agbaya for raining on his parade.

• Naijatalk

April 6, 2015 at 11:42 pm

God bless you my brother/sister for saying no to hate and bigotry

27. jide

April 6, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Oshi o daa. Bloody illiterate.

28. Kili

April 6, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Pls Biko, He speaks not for us. We disown him.

29. Tkum

April 6, 2015 at 10:41 pm

looool…let the change begin…I await dis two @ wale n @ ada nnewi to come and prove to us the reasons y dey r deluded…

• Ada Nnewi

April 6, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Deluded kee? Tkum abeg stop using words meant to describe you for me…the oba’s opinion is not Ambode’s opinion..

30. nene+

April 6, 2015 at 10:50 pm

I am patiently waiting for Wale’s comments

Wale I wish you a quick recovery on APC overdose!

@ Wale all states will not be willed to APC,we practise multi party system for obvious reasons including check mating and a sniff dogs/watch dog to other parties!

Please cry less BN lai Muhammed!

Isn’t Jimi a fine gentleman also? Very sound and always articulate!

As for Oba threatening Igbos is a waste of time! Lagos minus the Nigeria Israelis(Igbos) and Lagos will be a village! Banana Island will be sold for 2.5million, Lekki will be 800k.

Old boy Igbos are the engine of the economy, hate them at your peril!

Who says we don’t need each other? We all do! All these threats aren’t good to the ears of our young people!

Holiday is over sad!
    Vote not fight!

• Wale

April 7, 2015 at 6:52 am

E, I am kuku not bent, so nothing to recover from. I dey kampe and hold my position. I have addressed your comments in the ones above. Five more days to go-as we say here, it ain’t over till the fat lady sings. Ambo, baba! Our next governor, eko ti solid for sure!

• JA

April 7, 2015 at 9:58 am

Umm Madam nene,

“… Lagos minus the Nigeria Israelis(Igbos) and Lagos will be a village!”
      ” Banana Island will be sold for 2.5million, Lekki will be 800k.”
      “No one miss Igbos and recover from it ask some Northerners and see how desolate few places have become when Igbos fled!”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I digress from the topic under discussion but please read back those statements you made to yourself and take several empty seats to think.

What is Igbo land with all the igbos who live there? Not a village? A metropolis? Property in igboland where igbo people live currently has the same value as Banana Island and Lekki? Does it? And the igbo land that igbo people have not fled from, unlike in the North according to you, is soooooooooooooooo bustling that no igbo person sees need to go establish residence outside of it?

You can’t be making such unintelligent statements and empty boasts like those in your comment o. It doesn’t help your cause. If Nigeria’s jews are igbos, please where is your super developed Israel? You know the one jews all over the world would give a finger to relocate to?

Ki la gbe , ki le ju? I suspect Lagos would be just fine!

• Gina

April 7, 2015 at 11:34 am

I can’t believe I added 4 likes to your comment. What a mistake…

• idoublecrossmyheart

April 7, 2015 at 11:44 am

When was the last time you visited an Igboland?

31. mabel

April 6, 2015 at 10:51 pm

People have the right to choose whoever they want to choose. Nobody needs to explain to you why they want to vote this particular person. All these nonsense one state is this the other state is that, then you must fall in line. Emphatic no! Do you know that some African Americans didn’t vote for Obama? A lot of whites didn’t vote for Romney. Kilode what is this? If you like vote for devil and someone else votes for Jesus, na for una different pockets. Nonsense. Apc state ko, Pdp state ni.

32. www.thelmathinks.com

April 6, 2015 at 10:51 pm

So where is Wale and the others that were VEHEMENTLY insisting that the Oba of Lagos did NOT make the no-longer-alleged-now-proven statement? And where are the people doing damage control who did not anticipate that audio or video evidence would surface? We need to hear what you have to say now.
    Wale I hope you’ve learnt a lesson from this, do NOT go about blindly defending people. The way you were replying all the comments, you almost made me a believer and now this?… Tsk tsk.

• ohagudo imma

April 7, 2015 at 12:01 am

MAY THEY WILL TELL US ITS PHOTOSHOPPING HAHHAHAHAHAHA OLODO BASTARD OBA

• Wale

April 7, 2015 at 7:00 am

Learnt lesson ke? In fact, it has strengthened my resolve. We cannot stand back and let some thugs reverse all the progress we’ve made in lagos. It is Ambode-he is the only one that can lead lagos today. Jk should wait his turn. JFK needs to understand public administration, he can comw back in 8 yrs.Ambode defines the ultimate civil servant. He alone understand lagos. Ambode is not polarizing JK is.

33. Princess

April 6, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Story Jare! It wont cost any body any election. Igbos are not ready to accept that Lagos is a western and yoruba state which has become a model city for all, if not they won’t have voted based on ethnic sentiments. Lagosians have allowed non indigenes penetrate?can a Femi olaosebikan represent anambra east in the house of reps! Not in years to come. So people have to give lagosians and the state government that regard Nevertheless these are words of a monarch and not a politician so people should criticize the king and not apc. We are not accepting of each other and that is terrible sha

• iyen

April 6, 2015 at 11:24 pm

you are already brainwashed………i am a fellow youruba man from Ondo state; and i am so ashamed of you

• TheRealist

April 6, 2015 at 11:33 pm

How much tax do you pay in Lagos? Was Eko Bridge or Third Mainland built with your money? Or Badagry Expressway (the old one)? Or Tin Can Island? Or Nigerdock? Or Festac Village?

• nnenne

April 7, 2015 at 1:03 am

You got wrong sister. No Igbo city was developed as a capital of Nigeria. Your analogy don’t work here. We Are not talking Of Ibadan or Abeokuta.

34. jwezee

April 6, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Crazy…He thinks he owns Lagos caus Fashola and APC made him feel sooo. Ur disgrace is near

35. mora

April 6, 2015 at 11:05 pm

And to think I have a lot of respect for this excuse if a king. This guy just soaked the lagos crown in mud. How I which lagos obaship was up for election……his very ass would have been voted out .

36. Femi D

April 6, 2015 at 11:06 pm

Presidential: Hausa Vs Ijaw
    Scapegoat: Igbo
    Governor: Yoruba vs Yoruba
    Scapegoat: Igbo

We like to shout “One Nigeria” but the Igbo have often be used as a political buffer between and within other ethnic groups. Can you blame some of them for wanting their own country?

Igbo military officers carried out a coup so 20,000 Igbos were killed in retaliation. Of all the other coups that Nigeria has seen, have any of them resulted in a pogrom?
    Abacha’s family can still walk with their heads high in this country…with stolen money bulging in their pocket.

What this Oba has said is reckless and hateful but judging on on social media there are many Yoruba people who agree. If you truly believe he is wrong, you should disagree. Not privately in silence but loudly and in public (social media etc). The loud minority in this country get away with hate and genocide because the silent majority *allows* them to.

I am a Yoruba man with many Igbo friends and even some in my family through marriage. I denounce the vile hate spewed by this false leader. He does not speak for me or anyone that I personally know. Nobody is going to be drowned in the lagoon because of politics. But the Oba might drown in this controversy when it inspires people to vote PDP out of spite.

• Professor X

April 6, 2015 at 11:16 pm

Gbam! Thank you the Igbos have really been political scapegoats. No one asked the SS why they voted for GEJ, but cursed at the SE when we voted likewise.

• Nuna

April 6, 2015 at 11:40 pm

Femi u don see am naa. Any problem in Nigeria is from the Igbos. I dont get the hate and envy, I just dont get it. Pls o, is Jimi Agbaje not Yoruba?? What has he got to do with Igbos? Is it only Igbos that will vote for him?? I jut dont understand.
      No matter the hate, no matter the envy, Igbos dont die, we multiply! Y’all can take that to the bank!!

• ConfusedNigerian

April 6, 2015 at 11:48 pm

@Femi D…… may God bless your soul.. as you have proven to be a free thinker may you be blessed. I am still confused o infact highly confused…. some igbos i know were not even going to vote cos according to them APC has won so what is the point our votes won’t count and some love fashola so were going to vote apc….. just for me to wake up today and read this?…. how is it possible that only igbo votes alone can put pdp in power? Last I check Yorubas and other ethnicities also preferred Jimi so how is it possible that the Oba woke up and decided to target a tribe…Nigeria I hail thee

• patroit

April 6, 2015 at 11:54 pm

I appreciate your comment, I would like to add to your point by saying that if we are truly patriotic and think of ourselves as a Nigerian first then we will know that a threat to any tribe is a threat to all of us. I am a Nigerian first and a Yoruba second and will regard a threat to the igbos as a threat to me also. Let us all stand u together with our igbo brothers and address this as a threat to all Nigerians

• ohagudo imma

April 7, 2015 at 12:02 am

• S

April 7, 2015 at 1:47 am

What if that was his plan all along? I am yoruba and I proudly reject what he has said. I’m glad that he personalized his stand when he spoke so he spoke for only himself not yorubas. When these politician and all these money hungry monarchs succeed in dividing all of us, who will suffer? They will pack their families and go about and instigate tribal wars. We all need each other but fr people saying they will vote Agbaje just because of what this oba said, how logical is that. Sam Adeyemi has this video on youtube where he said the current state of Nigeria is because we didn’t vote based on what the candidate will offer but based on sentiments. Since when have Nigerian obas been given respect in the 21st century? Their words don’t hold water anymore and they know it e.g. those obas that chopped GEj’s money. These politicians know that the Igbos are very big on their culture and tribe and are using this against us, just as the British used our division to colonize us. The enemy uses what you have to capture you. When will we shed all of this behavior?
      From the beginning, Ambode has been saying Lagos is for everybody but Agbaje has been using the tribal division with his flyers yet we are choosing the words of a non-candidate chop-and-talk-anyhow oba to make our decisions? Bode George must be one happy man right now since voters are throwing reason out of the door for sentiments. Weirdly, both candidates are yoruba and whoever wins will still go and pay homage to this same oba. Shame on all of us

• osheaaa

April 7, 2015 at 5:51 am

olofo looking for cheap likes. Lie no igbo have never talked about Yoruba without no talk generating to that? if you like deny it. I cant be only one sick and tired of crazy people claiming Lagos is no man’s land, like they never seen a Nigeria Map before. Anyways, you can follow them and die inside in the Lagoon..

• Bruness

April 7, 2015 at 8:06 am

@ osheaaa brother BREATHE, he isn’t looking for cheap likes like you so stated he’s merely upset by this video, if it’s wrong admit it is, don’t add sentiments to it. No one ever insinuated Lagos is no man’s land, it is simply great cos of the diverse ethnic group living there, think U S of A where the Chinese, Nigerian, Indian and people from all over the world all work and live as Americans. I don’t see the Chinese in China town being hassled cos they voted for one other than a native Americans choice. If this video sits well with you, it means that this one Nigeria we’ve been screaming about is an illusion, don’t you have Ibo friends? If this happens in any southern state i’d expect the people from there to speak up against it without being sentimental. Their vote is their right. The Oba went about it the wrong way.

• Beeeee

April 7, 2015 at 9:54 am

This Femi D, you reason with so much wisdom mehn….i need to meet you one day…..kai

• Peaches77

April 7, 2015 at 10:28 am

Didn’t I say ‘you are a man’ on some other article?? In deed, you prove it once again.

• Ebony

April 7, 2015 at 11:40 am

Jonathan is from Bayelsa, but he isn’t Ijaw.
      The same way those from Badagry in Lagos aren’t necessarily Yoruba’s

37. Psalm

April 6, 2015 at 11:21 pm

I’ve been struggling to describe this speech. Really don’t know what to call it. Hate speech? Nah! The comments that have earned that status in this election season will pale beside this one. This speech comprises, among other vices, hatred, smug, violence, sectionalism, impunity and, of course, foolhardiness.
    The sad reality is that a number of Nigerians are ruled by similar despicable sentiments. Some vent theirs in their closets; others, like Kunle Afolayan, perform it to a larger audience. But I still have difficulty calling it a hate speech. It’s a little worse than that.

38. nnenne

April 6, 2015 at 11:36 pm

With the kind of tribalism that goes on in Nigeria, one wonders why Nigerians fought and killed millions to remain together.
    Why should it be a favor for an Igbo man to live and do business in Lagos or any other part of Nigeria ? So Lagos, our former capital, built with resources from everywhere including Igbo land , now belongs to Yorubas?
    Nigeria needs to build a capital city in an Igbo state then. That is the only fair thing to do.
    Tribalism and religion are our undoing.
    Nigerians have to decide. Stay together as one true country or divide.
    Let’s stop deceiving ourselves.

39. scarlet

April 6, 2015 at 11:41 pm

What a burning shame! This man must be high on cheap crack when he was talking. He should know the kind of disrespect such statement will bring to his office, I feel so ashamed, Like we don’t have enough on our hands already in this country.
    This is wrong on every level! since when did u become the authority that decides who people vote for? Even if you want them on your side I belief there are better ways to go about it, you just shot yourself in the leg and the party you are canvassing for.

This hustle goes a long way to show how desperate politicians can be! PDP not excluded! Even though I want Lagos to benefit from the federal pocket this time, hence the reason I will consider voting APC, but Baba you don mess up big time! You should have kept your mouth the way God created it o!

40. Sho

April 7, 2015 at 12:00 am

I am Yoruba. This Oba does not speak for me or my tribe. He is speaking for himself and does not represent the yorubas. Apologies to the Igbos, Nigerian does not practice a monarch form of government. For what this Oba said, i won’t be surprised if Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos governorship.

This so-called oba may have just cost Ambode his election. Jimi Agbaje all the way !

41. Atobatele

April 7, 2015 at 12:13 am

Don’t worry. Just sit back and watch things happen and events unfold. CHANGE IS HERE!

42. Fyfi Salty

April 7, 2015 at 12:20 am

……If fight breaks out now…this fool threatening the lives of Igbo leaders will be looking for protection from the Igbos!!!Judging from past riots witnessed in the north! The northerns cannot stand fools like ds goat!!! You can use walahi for all I care…. You ll be a dead man in seconds if fight breaks out now!!! Phewwwww

43. GANNY OGUNSHAKIN. USA

April 7, 2015 at 12:28 am

Satan shame on to you o, all power belongs to Jesus. This Oba is clearly a bully, and a pathological liar period. Before the release of this video, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Gone were the days when tactics like these worked. Personally, I have all manners of respect for this man. As a former police officer, he ought to know that it is illigal to threatened the lives of anybody especially your subjects. Franklin speaking, this man has lost all the respect I once had for him for this foolish behavior. I think this fool believed he is as powerful as God. He seems to have forgotten his power could not help his own son in the parliamentary election

44. O~Intuition!

April 7, 2015 at 12:39 am

“”” The Awujale of Ijebuland – Oba Sikiru Adetona, is still approachable to Those Who NEED Training in Political Correctitude (aka Political Correctness). OBA Akinlolu might just be the most appropriate Student considering his “alleged” inability to RESPECT the DIFFERENCES that make up Lagos State.
    Many of us talk like that behind closed doors too… … However, it is Unfortunate that the one person caught ‘publicly’ is a ‘Paramount Ruler’.

Jimi Agbaje has made known his ‘campaigning’ Intentions – An All Inclusive Government.

Ambode is ‘campaigning’ his intentions too.

Dear ‘campaigning teams’, JUST DO THE DUTIFUL – Focus ‘excellently’ On The Strengths of Your Respective Candidates.

LAGOS State is a Melting Point for All Ethnic Groups or Tribes… That is Evident!
    There is a Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which outlines Qualifications in regards to The Eligibility for Any Public Office.
    Every “Lagosian” till date ‘respects’ that. So let us as respectful/respected individuals quit making DIVISIVE STATEMENTS… whether you are ‘The Ruler’ , ‘The Ruling Party’ , ‘ The Candidate’ … Even ‘The Voters’ .

Let us Respect each other’s opinion. We will not take This Lagos With Us to our various destination Post-death. We can only partake in her Advancement, Progress… Peace and Prosperity… as Living beings… SO NO TO VIOLENCE OF ANY FORM!

Yes! Asari Dokubo threatened to UNLEASH Violence once GEJ lost the Presidential Election. He further accused the Yorubas and Hausas of collaborating to frustrate Jonathan… he MIGHT have made more highly divisive statements and violent plans. Nobody knows!

AND No! I am not dumb… I know one is a Presidential election and the other Gubernatorial!

The common factor in the two scenario is The Individual who decides to hold everyone ransom because of his/her Individual Ambition(s).

So did Heaven fall after GEJ lost the election?

The fact is someone fed a politically charged atmosphere with his much-desired intentions once he becomes Governor… Then some individuals/parties could not control their emotions. Hence voicing their (apparently) deep-seated HATE views.

Many of us are as opinionated in thoughts and deeds as Oba Akinlolu… We are just yet to be ‘caught’. …and NO! you do not need to be in the capacity of a ruler/paramount head to know and understand HOW MINDFUL you should be in regards to RESPECTING Other People’s DIFFERENCES!

The Choice of A Candidate Belongs To The PEOPLE!
    Lagos is Beyond One Person… Lagos is Beyond One PARTY!
    This is Democracy Not Any Other Form of Government. “””””

That’s ALL Folks!

• O~Intuition!

April 7, 2015 at 12:41 am

… The above was while the audio was circulating …before the video was seen… ***for many who are ready to start a topic on the use of “alleged”….lol

45. amh

April 7, 2015 at 12:41 am

The igbos like they purported to be the true son of their father. Should go and develop Aba or ontisha or their villages.why not turn your village to london instead of complaining about lagos. You are all over yorubaland like rash. Why not turn Aba to ikoyi or bannana island. At least theres water in the east. To each his own sha.

• osheaaa

April 7, 2015 at 5:53 am

abeg help me tell them ooh.

• Naijatalk

April 7, 2015 at 7:51 am

The hate must be choking you already

• Eziafakaego

April 7, 2015 at 8:48 am

amh I am Igbo and I support you. Igbo people complain about lagos I dont care, let us all go back home.. I know some of my colleagues have relocated. They relocated and had peace, better accommodation etc Let us relocate and develop our cities. There is nothing like one Nigeria, I know that in the very deep recesses of my being. We Igbo people re blocking the Oba from breathing in his empty Lagos, maybe if we can leave lagos for the Oba and his people like amh they can jump inside the lagoon without prodding seeing that their will be space, but no we Igbo people wont hear, waka waka every time..Thats why one nonsense person that is being fed fat with your hard earned taxes will be talking about pushing you into Lagoon.. msheeeew! Na we do ourselves, if we stay back home and develop our cities people will come to us not the other way round.

• Reverse

April 7, 2015 at 9:17 am

No choke o. Hate is cancerous, eating you from inside! Ndi Igbo are not going anywhere, spew some more bile…

• Nuna

April 7, 2015 at 9:40 am

Because small and feeble minded people like you exist, I will attempt to educate you.
      LAGOS was a former capital of Nigeria. Are Igbos the only tribe that have settled in Lagos?? Lagos was developed with resources from all over Nigeria! Yes you can take that to the bank!
      Show me any Igbo who has claimed that Lagos belongs to him! Y’all like to make foolish statements to justify ur ignorance!
      Your forefathers who fought for ‘one Nigeria’ should have had the foresight to realise that hate and envy would not all y’all to allow an Igbo live peacefully in any corner of Nigeria he wants. Y’all fought for us not to form our own nation abi?? So therefore we will be in Lagos and infest it like rash!! If e dey pain you, too bad!
      The constitution of this country says I have the right to LIVE anywhere I choose in this country, including Lagos! Yes I fully intend to make use of that right. No matter the kind of hate you bring on, we will keep fluorishing. If you dont like that, too bad.

• KINGDOM

April 7, 2015 at 11:35 am

@Amh! U are thoroughly uninformed! Who told u Aba, Enugu, Onitsha and other eastern cities are not developed! What will u become without the Igbos in Lagos. D entire infrastructure in Lagos was developed with NigerDelta oil money. D industrialization in Lagos is spearheaded by d Igbos. So, what is ur contribution. Apart from Lagos, which other state in d west is developed! Y DO U GUYS HATE IGBOS? Y SO MUCH FURY ABOUT IGBOS VOTING FOR JONATHAN! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT? EASTERNERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PRO-PDP AND WE ALL KNOW THAT. IN 1999, IGBOS VOTED FOR OBASANJO! IN 2007, IGBOS VOTED MASSIVELY FOR YAR’ADUA AND NO BODY SAW ANY TRIBALISM IN THAT. YORUBAS HAVE BEEN IN THE OPPOSTION (AD AND ACN) SINCE 1999 AND THAT IS NOT TRIBALISM. WHY MUST IGBOS VOTE TO SUIT YOUR CHOICE! KNOW ONE THING, IGBOS ARE INDESTRUCTIBLE! HATERS LIKE U CAN DO US NOTHING! UR DISEASE IS CALLED “IGBO-PHOBIA” AND WE DONT CARE!

• Ebony

April 7, 2015 at 11:47 am

I’m not Ibo but your comment is so sicknening.
      People are free to live anywhere all over the world.
      This just shows how deep tribalism is in our society.
      I bet you do not have any real personal grievance towards the Ibos, but it must have been passed on from your grandparents and parents, and unfortunately you’ll pass same to your kids.
      Aren’t there Yoruba’s all over “Londonland” like rash (in your own words). Enough of this ignorance. Because you hate someone does not justify your archaic and skewed way of thinking.
      If everyone sits where they are originally from, Obama would be in Kenya right now

• idoublecrossmyheart

April 7, 2015 at 11:56 am

But Aba and Onitsha are developed no ni. AHAN, Is it not Onitsha that is the largest market in the whole of Africa? Or is it not true?

If you look at the allocation of government resources, you will see that the largest allocation is to the North then to the SW. The SE gets peanuts compared to other regions of Nigeria. It is no wonder then that Igbos go where the money is, the North and the SouthWest. JDo not fault their enterprising nature.

But I do agree, we Igbos should think hard about developing the East oh. It is about time. That way such insults will not be warranted in our direction. We suffered Biafra, we can endure this nuisance called an Oba.

46. fleur

April 7, 2015 at 12:47 am

This article only emphasizes what we are in denial about – that we are a nation sitting on a highly charged ethnic bomb. Nigerians voted along ethnic lines in this election. The only people who did not vote along ethnic lines are the Ekiti people. Even then, I wonder if rigging was involved. Let us call it what it is and start constructive talks about how to deal with it. This is like Americans telling the world that there is no racism. Well meaning Americans will tell you they are not racist but cannot pass the implicit bias test. I am a very liberal minded person. But I hear my parent’s voices about all tribes other than mine, and it colors my perception and judgment of people. I have to struggle daily to overcome these “ingrained” biases. We are a deeply tribalistic nation. Let us call a spade a spade and start dealing with it openly. GO to the Harvard website (https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html) and take the implicit bias test under the bella post for the apology from Oba Akiolu. BeTake the test and you will see that we are all biased!!!

47. fleur

April 7, 2015 at 12:48 am

I meant “go to the Harvard website (implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html) and take the implicit bias test and post your result under the bella post for the apology from Oba Akiolu. Take the test and you will see that we are all biased!!!

• idoublecrossmyheart

April 7, 2015 at 11:50 am

We are all biased, but as an authority figure, you should remain silent on matters that may cause friction. I do not blame the Oba, they did not teach him the art of diplomacy, tell someone to go to hell and they look forward to it.

I am not annoyed by what he said, I am annoyed that such a man has any authority to begin with. He is not articulate, speaks as though there is too much money in his mouth and not enough of cents (not sense) in his brain.

48. VeeOby

April 7, 2015 at 1:25 am

Na wah o, we walk around thinking we are all humans..smh

49. O di wah!

April 7, 2015 at 1:59 am

Buhahahahaaaa…. Wale, defender of the lagos obaship where art thou now?!

50. mw

April 7, 2015 at 2:05 am

This oba have just win votes for pdp

51. Jamce

April 7, 2015 at 3:43 am

52. Author Unknown

April 7, 2015 at 3:46 am

So, that’s it? I’m not going to lose sleep over this one. Much as this was rather insensitive, it doesn’t appear serious or worrisome. Some people just get excited over tribal discord.

• realist

April 7, 2015 at 8:25 am

It is sad to hear a public figure say this or out rightly support a party…. but truth be told, Nigeria is not one you may try to live as one but definitely Nigerians dont see themselves as Nigerians but as an igbo, a hausa and a yoruba first. The bitter truth is when Nigerians see themselves as Nigerian first rather than their tribe, then they are a step closer to being united.

I am not nigerian but i have stayed here for 7 years and i have come to love the country…. the igbos should be truthful to them selves and ask if a yoruba or hausa person will be welcomed to work in their civil service or if the Igbo’s have a hidden agenda or plan to rule Lagos?
      Now ask your selves if you were in the yoruba’s shoes how will your leaders react.

• Mewe

April 7, 2015 at 9:19 am

You’re not Nigerian, yet you open mouth to talk about igbos… in their own country? Wonders shall never cease

• idoublecrossmyheart

April 7, 2015 at 11:48 am

As a visitor in one’s home, you should remain silent on family affairs. Do not participate until your opinion is asked. The best thing is to sit, enjoy the lebanese or chinese food and observe. Do not dillydally on what does not concern you? Otherwise, your home is not too far from this place.

• Nuna

April 7, 2015 at 12:11 pm

How dare you come from where ever you have come from to tell me what to do in my own country?? Are you high on cheap drugs?? GTFO!

53. Jamce

April 7, 2015 at 4:05 am

Am not Igbo, but I see the hand of God in this matter. This so-called Oba and his puppet master think they own Lagos. It’s the voice of Jacob, but the hand of Esau. It’s the hand of his desperate puppet master who installed him. Now God has purposed to eexpose him through this tirade to dethrone and bring down the puppet master who is aspiring to control Nigeria. Vote out the thieving puppet master and his puppets/proxies/cronies. Vote Jimi Agbaje. JK we know

• osheaaa

April 7, 2015 at 5:52 am

ode, u dont get it. why will igbo come to Lagos and be creating their own igwe? we need to tell this people, they are misusing their freedom. Period

• Naijatalk

April 7, 2015 at 7:53 am

So people actually love your comment

• Bruness

April 7, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Osheaaa you are really an idiot, come to portharcourt hausas have imams, Ibos have igwes in the north where it is more hostile than in Lagos. It’s not an Ibo man’s fault that you choose to remain in lagos and not explore options in your own country

54. ify

April 7, 2015 at 4:13 am

WALEEEEEEEEEE, seems like you’ve gone MIA

55. amh

April 7, 2015 at 4:49 am

@nene you must be high on codine. To think lagos will be a village without the igbos.you must be definatelt have bipolar didorder. Tinunbu and fashola single handedly turned lagos to the paradise you peeps are running into.shat happened your huts and villages.why not develop it. shy cant your socalled governors devrlop your land and tuen it to lagos. You are so afraid of gojng back to live in your hut why.Why are the igbos afraid of developing their land. Lagos belongs to the yorubas.it was developed by the yoruba.the wealth of the lagos is ours
    The richest man in lagos is yoruba.or are tbe majority in bannana island is the yorubas. Agreed lekko has been bastardised.thats why we are moving to ikoyi. Pls nene. We control the wealth in our land. Kindly sit down. Have a rethink.and contribute your penny to Aba. The north does not need the igbos.noone needs the igbos in nigeria except igbos. You mudt be delusional.you are cleary not educated.

• Kunmi

April 7, 2015 at 6:33 am

*facepalm* This mofo speaks for himself.

• Mewe

April 7, 2015 at 9:22 am

Oh shut up! Which Tinubu and Fashola? Was Lagos not the capital of Nigeria before your duo. I don’t blame you, a country that has no history will turn out ignoramuses like you. Do non Lagosians not pay taxes in Lagos? Or is it Banana island that gives Lagos the IGR it enjoys? All the bigots crawling out from their closets… choke on your bile! A faceless rant on BN is all you can afford

• Mz Socially Awkward...

April 7, 2015 at 1:15 pm

What’s becoming alarmingly clear from a lot of comments here is that a lot of Nigerians seem to know very little about their political history. I don’t think many people realise that before there was the FCT in Abuja, all presidents (or military rulers) and their governments were once based in Lagos.

It’s like a Londoner claiming that Boris Johnson built up London and made it the thriving financial centre of England that is today and then scornfully asking someone else from… oh, I don’t know, let’s just say Norwich…. why they can’t do the same magic in their city. It’s pure foolishness to make that sort of comparison or statement without acknowledging that London is the CAPITAL CITY of England.

And then the ignorance is multiplied into further dimensions when said Londoner makes the silliest of claims that London was singlehandedly built by a particular ethnicity … oh, I don’t know, let’s just say white Britons. Without acknowledging the input of knowledge, assets, etc. made since the 16th century by a wider group of immigrant settlers who’ve added to the growth of the city? Where do you also start correcting such ignorance about how capital cities are usually funded from higher national budget allocations, steeper local taxes which don’t often compare to other parts of the country and various forms of IGR?

Damn.

• Herdsen

April 8, 2015 at 12:16 am

Why was Onitsha or Abba not made the capital of Nigeria? You Igbos, my advice to you is to find your paths back to your land. Don’t suffer the same fate of the first republic. Nigeria is not a united nation never, is not going to be what you think. Prepare for the shock before it hits you hard. You always remain the minority trying claiming what is not yours. Maybe you should get a big straw and suck your oil, that would fatten your asses like the ‘Oba’. Keep investing in someone else’s land and claim to be the developer, you remember ‘ghetto’ Holocaust, you remember it happened in the North but you will never learn your lessons, the Jews will tell you the story. Develop your land, make it a tourist site like Israel you claim to be your progenitor, let people start coming to your land and not the other way round. Learn!!!!!! from HISTORY.

• Free Spirit

April 8, 2015 at 12:21 pm

@ mz socially awkward, while I totally condemn the statement by oba akiolu and display of bigotry by Mewe on this forum, I have to disagree with you about the economic success of Lagos. The economic success of Lagos has never been dependent on igbo’s or the Federal Government of Nigeria or the Yoruba’s or any other group that resides in it. Actually, we are all opportuned and privileged to reside in Lagos. You have to ask yourself the reason why the colonial masters made lagos the Federal Capital of Nigeria in the first place. Its simple, lagos belongs to special group of successful cities all over the world. Lagos is a port city, just like New York, Portvale, Amsterdam, Capetown, Durban, London, Los Angeles e.t.c Moreover, Lagos is not just an ordinary port city. It is a strategically placed and naturally blessed port city. It is the closest port city in Nigeria to the rest of the world. The reason port cities are successful is not just because of the duty and tariffs collected at the port. It is the high level of investment that they attract. Multi-Nationals and Corporate Giant would always consider investing in port cities whether consciously or subconsciously before considerations are made to others. Lagos contributes more to the centre than it receives in allocation and that’s a fact.

• KINGDOM

April 7, 2015 at 11:45 am

@Amh! U are thoroughly uninformed! Who told u Aba, Enugu, Onitsha and other eastern cities are not developed! What will u become without the Igbos in Lagos. D entire infrastructure in Lagos was developed with NigerDelta oil money. D industrialization in Lagos is spearheaded by d Igbos. So, what is ur contribution. Apart from Lagos, which other state in d west is developed! Y DO U GUYS HATE IGBOS? Y SO MUCH FURY ABOUT IGBOS VOTING FOR JONATHAN! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT? EASTERNERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PRO-PDP AND WE ALL KNOW THAT. IN 1999, IGBOS VOTED FOR OBASANJO! IN 2007, IGBOS VOTED MASSIVELY FOR YAR’ADUA AND NO BODY SAW ANY TRIBALISM IN THAT. YORUBAS HAVE BEEN IN THE OPPOSTION (AD AND ACN) SINCE 1999 AND THAT IS NOT TRIBALISM. WHY MUST IGBOS VOTE TO SUIT YOUR CHOICE! KNOW ONE THING, IGBOS ARE INDESTRUCTIBLE! IF U GO TO THE EAST, IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE WHERE THE CIVIL WAR WAS FOUGHT. EVERY WHERE IS FULLY REVAMPED. IGBOS ARE GOGGED AND IRREPRESSIBLE. HATERS LIKE U CAN DO US NOTHING! UR DISEASE IS CALLED “IGBO-PHOBIA” AND WE DON’T CARE!

56. amh

April 7, 2015 at 4:55 am

Jimi Agbaje. you will not win.you somply want to cause problem in lagos. That agbaya man Bode george has threatened lagos state to cause problem.in as much as the igbo a are irritating. I have 3 sisters married to igbo and igbo friends .pls lets disregard the evil ones. So as not to lead to tribal war.we just celebrated .do not let the prediction of cia that nigeria will break up.the yorubas are sophisticated brainy and methodical and are born fighters.if theres kasala
    hmmm. Evil will be unleashed on igbos in lagos and yorubaland. Pls lets forget.ignore the oba and live in peace.shame on pdp.ambode for lagos. Peace to hausa igbo and othet tribes brothers and sisters.we are one.

• Naijatalk

April 7, 2015 at 7:56 am

Is this the face of the sophistication that you have displayed through your English. I see you madam sophisticated. Please do yourself a favor and go back to school.

• Beeeee

April 7, 2015 at 9:55 am

I am crying…..LMAO

• AB

April 7, 2015 at 11:16 am

My friend go and sleep. i dont even understand what u scribbled down. must u comment?

• KINGDOM

April 7, 2015 at 12:21 pm

@amh. U just celebrated what! Easter? Ur comment and philosophy are opposite of what Christ’s death stands for. U are indeed a tribalist and a hypocrite. Sure! Yorubas are self-acclaimed educated tribe, but has d highest number of ‘AGBEROS’ in Africa. U sell one plot of land to several Igbo people, yet u dont like money. It is only in Yoruba land that a funny character like D Oba of Lagos will become an Oba. Anyway, little wonder, d Oba was a retired Police man. Pls tell him to visit Oba of Benin for rudimentary lectures on Character 101.

57. Kunmi

April 7, 2015 at 6:55 am

Yes, I am Yoruba. No, I don’t support the Oba’s statements. It’s bullying on a bigger platform.

Having said that, it’s not very rational to vote for someone (or refuse to vote for someone) because of statements ANOTHER person made. Don’t punish Jack for Jill’s crime. If you’d already believed that Ambode is the right man for the job, then vote for him. If Jimi had already won your heart, vote for him. The Oba is not going to be your governor. Whoever wins is still going to be friends with the governor, and rub his palms well well while we would be in our houses, lifting up our eyes to the hills, from whence cometh our help lol. Seriously though, whether Lagos becomes better or worse, this Oba and his family will continue to be Ballers with a world of privileges most people will never know. Vote for the man that you think can give YOU a better Lagos.

58. hushhush

April 7, 2015 at 7:24 am

@amh if nene isn’t true what happened to other villages of yours?

Please Lagos was built by all of us stop envying and concentrate on yours

@ DJ and ada nnewi must have been banished from Igbo land.

• Ibinabo

April 7, 2015 at 5:46 pm

Ada nnewi is not Igbo, she is just hiding under that name to commit atrocities. She said Allamdulahi in one post, how many Igbo muslims do you know? Plus her comments show she is not Igbo

59. EVILMEN

April 7, 2015 at 7:51 am

This tribalistick OBA i know you have collected a piece of cake and just blabbing..we don’t give a FUCK about who you are or what you say because you are a nobody but a big Scum Bag,full of Shit who is just trying to get recognized by igbos and cant afford to live without their money you have being eating.. If i may ask you what have you and your Ambode done to impact the life of the igbos…. all i will say is FUCK you sir FUCK your followers and may your days be short from TODAY.. if an igbo man can come to lagos with noting but work so hard to achiev then you sit down there talk as if you don’t gain from the igbos FUCK U again.. look you can force a horse to the stream but not to Drink water because you are noting but a Fucking BULLY,with this statement you Make the most high God will show you that he blessed the igbos and they are what they are not because they are in Lagos so go eat Shit.. go round the world you see our business booming without you.. May the lign of Judah arise and devour you and your house hold if you have bad intentions for the igbos by saying this word..

60. mauve

April 7, 2015 at 8:11 am

Can u hear urself? U r still insisting this is a propaganda when u heard the Oba say it himself. U claimed initially he couldn’t have said it. Now u r running around in circles talking balderdash.
    So much for being a patriotic unbiased citizen…#long hiss!

61. mauve

April 7, 2015 at 8:11 am

*@ wale

62. Naija007

April 7, 2015 at 8:30 am

Funny how some people that were tryna support this dumb ass nigga went silent after this video popped up. Can someone shoot this motherfucker real quick, forreal? He seemed to have watched too much Game of Thrones or some shit. This slightly advanced ape really woke up that morning feeling the fuck out of himself #sweetpuassysatrrday abi? My friend no body cares about what the fuck you think unless they are paid to. You’re a pest but we tolerate you for the aesthetic value which your title holds, but don’t get caught slippin’ like you can’t be touched. We the real future of Nigeria are worried about our advancement and the advancement of our beloved country which you and your kind have held back for far too long, and our patience for your stupidity has worn thin. Watch your mouth or hire a publicist to watch it for you. You will not knock use back into the stone-age with your ignorant rhetoric babble, we just won’t let you. I am a Lagosian, born and bread, and if my name is Musa, Emeka, Osato, or Phil, I am a Lagosian and u can never take that from me. We are the new New York and I guess you’re playing a caricature of Donald Trump, with a better haircut I’ll give you that, going around annoying everyone with the bullshit that comes out of your mouth. You need to go get checked out cuz I think might be getting senile and believing the voice in your head, so next time you think for something “powerful” to say do us all a huge favor and don’t. Thank you, your biggest fan. P.S. whoever shoots this antique idiot should have em stuffed and sent to the Smithsonian Museum to be displayed, I’m sure he’ll fit right in with that evolution display, cheers

63. ANGRY ME

April 7, 2015 at 8:31 am

One Nigeria is Farr ooohh!!!! Every tribe is of intrinsic importance to Nigerian growth, the ibos #dogged business men# the Yorubas #bad ass scholars# the hausas dare I say #politics# don’t get me started on the Niger Deltans and their gold supply of oil and so many others. What is this you are nothing without me, we’ve been good to you syndrome. So it’s now bad that Nigerians believe that success of a particular tribe lies with the inherent tribe of the state where they’re based. #yorubas are tribalistic# #ibos play the victim card# #ibos should go back to their states# You YOUTHS are just stupid, to think that you are advocating and shouting for change and you allow these old past time adults to think for you. Respect them but know your left from your right.

64. tboydbrave2

April 7, 2015 at 8:36 am

Its funny after reading all dis text . what d oba said was really out of point but if u get too emotional about it don’t be surprised to see d same oba with JK smiling n dancing if he wins. Dats politics for u. But seriously can anyone throw u into d laagoon.

65. temiloluwa

April 7, 2015 at 9:26 am

abeg i no watch or see anything .This oba na amebo wetin concern am? mmmtcheew oponu.

66. stanlee ohikhuare

April 7, 2015 at 9:35 am

I WANT TO SAY THIS PUBLICLY – No matter who you are, if you can lend your voice to a CALL TO KILL another irrespective of tribe, religion or something as cheap as political affiliation. “I HEREBY UN-FRIEND YOU” PUBLICLY! Feel free to delete my number from your phone and remain mute when we meet physically.
    SUCH A SHAME – Many of the comments I see here.

“…for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword” (Matthew 26:52, King James Version)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_by_the_sword,_die_by_the_sword

67. MEEE

April 7, 2015 at 9:47 am

I cannot believe this. You people are so tribalistic OMG. I am not a nigerian but I have always love your culture and country as a whole, but it’s amazing and sad to see and hear people say that igbos should be greatful to have lived in lagos peacefully, and that yorubas cannot lived “settle” in any other part of the country apart from Lagos. Ohhh no what makes you the giant of Africa then? is it not “YOU” as people? Tribe, culture, differences all embraced. Nigeria still have a long way to go. I STILL LOVE NIGERIA.

68. Heeba

April 7, 2015 at 10:31 am

The Oba’s utterance was a mistake and he should not have made that statement as a leader.
    Ignore him as he is not a politician and rather will first care for his own kingdom than any others(its normal)
    However the Igbos whom are supposed to understand the game of politics by now should stop allowing tribalism,sentiments and money to ruin their upliftment and development in Nigeria. See what happened in the Presidential Elections………
    They could not even come together for their own party to thrive………..
    Since you guys have decided you want to stay in Lagos vote for the party that will make your life and business thrive, that will enhance you and your families development in Lagos. Do not be angry because of statements, do not be sentimental because of taunts, do not start a war because people insult you. (after people get insulted all the time).Ignore it sit together and plan a political strategy so that you guys will not be remaining the third wheel most of the time.
    Do not let individuals take advantage of your weakness.
    You guys call us traitors and cowards ,we don’t fight or become angered we keep quiet not because we are cowards but because the pen is mightier than the tongue. We use our brains and bear the insults because we are looking at the future picture not the now.
    Even the Northerners insult us that our Islam is not the real islam, that we are Harams…..we ignore them even on religious sentiments……..(but look who is developing)
    LETS BE SMART PEOPLE!!!

69. stanlee ohikhuare

April 7, 2015 at 10:33 am

I WANT TO SAY THIS PUBLICLY – No matter who you are, if you can lend your voice to this CALL TO KILL – irrespective of tribe, religion or something as cheap as political affiliation. “I HEREBY UN-FRIEND YOU” PUBLICLY! Feel free to delete my number from your phone and remain mute when we meet physically.
    SUCH A SHAME – Many of the comments I have read on this so-called social media.

We should refresh our minds with what happened in RWANDA as a result of such foolish, senseless and Demonic statements that went unchecked!

excerpt from Wikipedia on the RWANDAN GENOCIDE : ” Local officials and government-sponsored radio incited ordinary citizens to kill their neighbors” SOURCE – Wikipedia.

LEARN FROM HISTORY YE FOOLS!

en.wikipedia.org/…/Live_by_the_sword,_die_by_the_swo…

70. Ebony

April 7, 2015 at 11:41 am

Utter rubbish.
    They should have walked out.
    What insult.
    Like Nigerians don’t vote in other countries.
    So demeaning.
    He came with malicious intent, hatred for a people clearly written across his face.
    “I’m not begging anybody o”. Imagine. He had the guts to say this in public, imagine what he says behind closed doors.
    Is Agbaje Ibo. I’m not Ibo and I’m voting Agbaje. Even more so now. Do your worst!!
    If God really picked Ambode through you then why do you bother?
    Gosh we are so backward in this country, and people were laughing, smiling, clapping and someone even said Kabiyesi o. Really?
    And our children and grandchildren are already walking around with this hate mentality.
    I officially give up.
    Shouldn’t this be a punishable offence?
    Why will I want to vote for an Ambode that has to report to likes of this thing and Tinubu.
    Thanks for making me even more sure of who I want to vote for. PDP or no, I’m clearly voting Agbaje. Lagoon ko.

71. me

April 7, 2015 at 12:16 pm

In as much as this Oba doesn’t speak for me or other Lagosians, i think its just plain silly to say Lagos is a no man’s land. Lagos is my state of origin and you can imagine the insult some igbo people throw my way when i say it. They say “Lagos is no man’s land, you’re lost and have no heritage” and some of them still have the guts to claim that their feelings were hurt? I am in no way in support of what this man has said but the fact still remains that Lagos is a Yoruba state, take it or leave it, it means alot to some of us especially indigenes, if you aren’t satisfied with life in Lagos kindly take a stroll back to your villages, develop them to become the same Lagos you claim to have single-handedly developed (especially since some igbos in my office this morning claimed that Lagos would be nothing without them and ALL Yoruba people are lazy) and watch us migrate to your own states and compete for political seats.

72. KINGDOM

April 7, 2015 at 12:19 pm

@amh. U just celebrated what! Easter? Ur comment and philosophy are opposite of what Christ’s death stands for. U are indeed a tribalist and a hypocrite. Sure! Yorubas are self-acclaimed educated tribe, but has d highest number of ‘AGBEROS’ in Africa. U sell one plot of land to several Igbo people, yet u dont like money. It is only in Yoruba land that a funny character like D present Oba of Lagos will become an Oba. Anyway, little wonder, d Oba was a retired Police man. Pls tell him to visit Oba of Benin for rudimentary lectures on Character 101..

73. zeezee

April 7, 2015 at 12:47 pm

biko, why were the igbo elders clapping when he insulted them to their faces? hahahahaha. Nigerians and eagerness to please.

74. mangala

April 7, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Did you just say “..your yellow behind?” Does that mean u are a light skinned babe with yellow bumbum? Niiiiiice!

75. Eniola

April 7, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Abeg nobody should say my state is no mans land.Lagos is for Yoruba that is why it’s in the south west.if Oba say make una go, then make una go.is it by force.if u developed Lagos take all your development with you to the East abi is it by force

76. Chrisofisu

April 7, 2015 at 10:24 pm

This is simply the height – a so called “Royal” figure speaking like a Thug!!!! so very saddd…… Anyway, my first disgust is with the so called Igbo Leaders that sat there and listened to all that bull sh**t!!!! – they deserve to be flogged seriously. Then to the Oba – may your words be your very downfall – retarded and perfidious bastard like you!!!!!

77. ken kenny

April 8, 2015 at 9:25 pm

very useless old bastard……

78. ken kenny

April 8, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Lagosians should pls try and vote against the so called ambode……. i dont think this Oba is educated……

79. IKE IKEM

April 10, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Tell Oba of Lagos that if he threat the igbo’s again we will bomb lagos with 24hrs that he should not joke with igbo’s

Ike