Events

Watch D’banj Debut New Tracks, ‘Sextraordinary’ & ‘Koleyewon’ with CEO Dancers!

D'banj

D’banj

D’banj debuted two new tracks, ‘Sextraordinary’ and ‘Koleyewon’ at the Global Citizen Earth Day in Washinston, DC, USA attended by Usher, Will.I.Am, Fally Ipupa and more. See more photos by clicking here!

Soliat and Nqobile CEO Dancers

Soliat and Nqobile CEO Dancers

Soliat and Nqobile of CEO Dancers were at his side for his performance. He also performed, ‘Top of the World’ and ‘Oliver Twist’.

Watch!

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Kris Conner & Instagram.com/NqobileDanseur

1. Jenna

April 19, 2015 at 3:34 pm

What gender equality are they fighting for? Lol. When they are always objectifying & disrespecting women in their music, videos, in real life, & on Instagram.
    I am Proud of DBanj regardless. He knows how to keep his career going. No specific way to have a successful music career.

• Tosin

April 19, 2015 at 10:15 pm

how?
      and more important question – do you like to shaky-shake the bumbum?

• Young and Confused

April 20, 2015 at 8:18 am

hehehehehehehehehheheheheheh Tosin e haf kill me oh! lmao

2. BB

April 19, 2015 at 4:21 pm

American stars must validate everything Dbanj for him to find his relevance!! Why must the western entertainment world validate everything he does in order to find his relevance and his target is Naija/African market !!

• Loyal Prince

April 19, 2015 at 6:38 pm

well, if you think outside the box and you want to do something others fails to do, then you have to adopt a strategy to accomplish it. Dbanj is aiming higher and he’s doing all he can to achieve it. western entertainment validating like you side is a way for his to gain relevancy over there. I think we Nigerians should appreciate what we have, and encourage people trying to succeed.

3. tony

April 19, 2015 at 4:55 pm

nice performance!! very nice!!

4. Beeeee

April 19, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Has Ezinne left the group?

• Tee

April 19, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Naa she’s working in Nigeria

5. ant

April 19, 2015 at 6:15 pm

this is so mediocre it’s not even funny.

6. TheGirlInTheBlueScarf

April 19, 2015 at 6:26 pm

Most of them dint seem interested… boring

• slice

April 19, 2015 at 7:42 pm

tell the truth o. are you talking about those white ladies trying to do every step he comes up with. he did a good job with a crowd that has not even heard the song before. the thing about shows in the u.s, each person might be like 20 or 30 bucks or more. convert that and you’re doing pretty good.

• Anon

April 19, 2015 at 11:11 pm

This was actually a free concert.

• Truth

April 20, 2015 at 4:19 am

It was a free concert and for the record those who performed volunteered due to the connection to the UN. I know I helped put it together.

• slice

April 21, 2015 at 1:30 am

doesn’t change the fact that doing shows in the U.S. can pay big time. but thanks for putting together a free U.N. concert and letting brother perform

7. stoneman

April 19, 2015 at 6:29 pm

I cringed for Dbang watching that show, That was horrible! on a world stage?

8. Dido

April 19, 2015 at 7:16 pm

I don’t think you should cringe for him. Life is in phases. He may have made a mistake but he’s moving on and doing fine. Life is bout risks and he took one.

9. Mostest

April 19, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Still performing Oliver twist how many years down the line? That’s defintiely his last hit, thank goodness the producer allowed him have that track. So while. Ringing out the end poverty signs, it’s sextraordinary her decides to perform. Continu

10. carina

April 19, 2015 at 8:03 pm

I will always say this Dbanj is a performer and an entertainer. A lot of people started noticing negativity in him after he left MOSHIT (minus Tiwa cos I love her and Dprince, he’s cute). Eja Nla will always grow bigger even if you elephants thinks he can’t sing. I’m a fan Of DBanj!

11. Abiola

April 19, 2015 at 9:58 pm

I love your movement my brother.

12. Abiola

April 19, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Continue with your step of progress
    I know you will rise again.

13. Tosin

April 19, 2015 at 10:16 pm

DBanj tho’, always having fun and being positive. How does he stay so slim? And how do those girls dance like that – me too I want to do dance workouts and all that.

14. Seyi ADEWALAE

April 19, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Good one

15. bad belle no good oooo

April 19, 2015 at 11:03 pm

All you cringers, continue to cringe you hear!! Dbanj worked the crowd real good, which is a huge feat for a place like the US where Nigerian/ African music is barely known or appreciated. But I no fault all the criticizers because a great man is rarely respected in his own place. Abeg Dbanj onye nkemu thumbs up, keep thinking big and doing your thing!!

16. Ebony

April 19, 2015 at 11:38 pm

I was at the concert yesterday. Dbanj did a good job. I represented Nigeria/Africa well. We as Nigerians need to give him some credit.

17. Ebony

April 19, 2015 at 11:39 pm

He represented Nigeria/Africa well.

18. fleur

April 19, 2015 at 11:52 pm

I thought it was fun. Did not know this was happening. the weather was so nice. WOULD HAVE GONE THERE! Nigerians and adverts self. Why e no pay bella to post it here? Mtcheew

19. atlstyle

April 20, 2015 at 12:12 am

EZINNE SEEMS TO HAVE LEFT THE GROUP, WHO SAID SHE’S WORKNG IN NIGERIAN??, THIS IS AN IMPORTANT WORK THAT SHOULD NOT HV BEEN MISSED

20. SOSBI

April 20, 2015 at 1:27 am

I av neva seen any naija artist dat so much beliv in heself nd rep 9ja lik dbanj. He has done wel 4 himself,naija & 4 africa as a whole. God bless Dbanj bless Nigeria bless Africa.

21. editor

April 20, 2015 at 1:49 am

sigh… i was at the event and he was very mediocre until oliver twist came on. somehow dbanj’s swag has gone into hiding. i remember when he could rock a crowd…. fally ipupa had more presence than he did

22. amh

April 20, 2015 at 1:58 am

Beautiful performance .only eja nla can pull the crowd. Proud of you koko master. Born leader.

23. Abiola s

April 20, 2015 at 3:32 am

Dbanj I salute u, despite the negativity , u are balling and doing great things. Success indeed doesn’t come easy. U continue to inspire me.

24. bash

April 20, 2015 at 4:48 am

Nice work my broda. Ejanla, u r always ontop of ur game.. proud of u As u Rep Africa wella.

25. Jd

April 20, 2015 at 6:13 am

Let’s support this guy, he is portraying Nigeria in a better image than the world we see us.. I think until when we start to appreciate ourselves, we would never make progress. We shout for change, yet we refuse to change.. I dont understand what wrong he’s done for Nigerians to dislike him this much. Why do people want to destroy what they can not create and why is our heart so full of hate?

26. SOLO ACT

April 20, 2015 at 7:57 am

aww o ma shay ooo! don jazzy is throwing out hits and this one is just disgracing himself! he needs to get back to the drawing board! i need that tongolo spirit

• kanni ladel

April 23, 2015 at 10:38 am

Mumu… what has don jazzy achieved compared to Dbanj. Were you dead and just came back to life? Dbanj has gone far that jazzy would never catch up with him. Drop hate… ODEDUA

27. Oloye

April 20, 2015 at 8:13 am

Hang on!!!! Is anyone loving Jimmie (Hype man toh badt) as much as I do??

Great guys doing great things…

28. Young and Confused

April 20, 2015 at 8:43 am

Okay ! I ‘haf’ to properly comment on this one! 🙂 Why I love DBanj is simple.. This Brover lives his life like its borrowed.. He Dances like No one is watching! and lives with as much passion as he can muster… I mean there is so much hate around his brand, but this Brover is soaking it all in like a foam and growing bigger.. He aint perfect.. hell! Who is?! But if Living like DBanj and living your Dreams regardless aint inspiring, Then what is?! People will hate.. But Just Dance like no one is watching. Life Aint perfect Gang, but DBanj is living it… Inshort After Donald Trump and Adebola Williams, DBanj is definitely next on my mentor-ship list :).. (Funny Combo yeah?!) Oossshheeey Turn Up!!! Nuff said…

29. tolani

April 20, 2015 at 10:22 am

D’banj can’t possibly be broke! this guy stays destroying and making more money lowkey!

30. Rekiya

April 20, 2015 at 10:34 am

I was just waiting for ” I LOVE OMOTOLAAAAAAA ,COS PEOPLE LIKE AM” ! Lol … That’s the only line and Oliver Oliver Oliver Twist , I know in that song. Yes Dbanj keep going.

31. soph

April 20, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Did Nqobile lose her step at some point…