Relationships

Cold Feet, Conviction & being a Christian Couple! Pastor Dami & his Princess Toju, Answer 5 of your FAQs in Their Latest Vlog

BellaNaija.com

Toju & Dami | Yoruba & Itsekiri - Lagos, Nigerian Wedding | BellaNaija 2014 | AkinTayoTimi 0DSC_4024Pastor Dami Oluwatoyinbo and Toju got married a little over a year ago!

We shared their love story and wedding photos here on BellaNaija Weddings, including an exclusive interview on their Christian dating journey. Click here if you missed it!

Now, one year after, they’re talking about the highlights and adjustments they’ve made in the past year, loving and living together.

In this episode, Dami and Toju answer 5 of the questions they are frequently asked. They touch on how Dami handles his different responsibilities as a pastor and leader to how Toju feels being a pastor’s wife, and how they knew they were supposed to be together forever.

They also talk about “it” 🙂

Catch Episode 1 – Love, Snoring & Other Things here.

Catch Episode 2 – Issues, Tissues & Happier Days here.

Watch Episode 3!

Photo Credit: AkinTayoTimi | www.akintayotimi.com/blog | instagram.com/akintayotimi

1. mz_daniels

May 28, 2015 at 11:14 am

Awwwww, I love this couple. There’s a warmth and realness about them

2. Favour

May 28, 2015 at 11:36 am

Amazing and Beutiful, I love this couple, indeed God’s wisdom is in them sooooo much……

3. aurora

May 28, 2015 at 11:54 am

Please can we get transcribed versions of these vlogs? Some of us don’t have data or earphones at work to listen.

• jay

May 28, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Are you serious???

• Royalty

May 29, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Lol!!

4. omooba

May 28, 2015 at 12:10 pm

My best vlog from you guys yet 🙂 Keep staying connected to Him, and each other. Loads of love.

5. Chukwuma

May 28, 2015 at 12:13 pm

In all sincerity, openness and acceptance keeps marriage!

6. Chisomaga

May 28, 2015 at 12:35 pm

I really admire this couple. @aurora i agree with you. BN do something please

7. Medler

May 28, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Please all these couples giving advice when they’ve not even faced real life challenges (e.g. having kids, losing source of income, meddling parents /inlaws / friends and they are barely a year in marriage. Please come back when you celebrate 10 years in marriage.

• Guc

May 28, 2015 at 4:12 pm

I completely understand, but they’re just giving the newlywed advice, no harm in that!

• Mimi

May 29, 2015 at 3:55 am

I hope this is reflective in every part of your life too. I presume you only give advice on only issues you have had all seasons on or at least 10 years experience! #listentoyourself

• ZeeZee

May 30, 2015 at 4:06 am

I understand what your point is @Medler. I’ve been married almost 11 years now and i can say that the more time i spent in my marriage, the wiser i got and the more lessons i learned. However, Dami and Toju are young couples who have probably seen the need to encourage other young couples like themselves (especially in these times of annulments in the first 3-6months or just flat out horrible unions) to keep building their marriage foundation and avoid the pitfalls of a troubled marriage. I am proud of them and hope they keep it up. This advice will come in handy for them when they begin facing “real life” – like you mentioned. I see the need for this type of wise counsel and glad i am following my purpose to also equip marriages with the tips and techniques they need to succeed.

• Deedara

May 30, 2015 at 10:06 pm

It’s not how long oh! God gives wisdom to people of all ages and in all stages. Some ‘older’ couples may not have it, some younger couples like Toju and Dami may have it. As they grow in marriage and experience, their wisdom will deepen, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t share what they have learnt so far with other young people. Please ride on, Toju and Dami!

8. favor

May 28, 2015 at 1:59 pm

You telling true, but thy do give good advise for relationship before marriage. they are so far thy are a good example.

9. H

May 28, 2015 at 2:30 pm

hmmm. can’t wait for mine

10. Mrs M

May 28, 2015 at 2:48 pm

@MEdler! Exactly! They should just a little more! Wait until you have tasted all seasons….

• Liz

May 28, 2015 at 3:42 pm

I think you may have said that comment in a rush. They greatest thing in life is wise counsel. This couple are sharing the most important advice needed in a marriage. Especially the first year. If only someone had shared this advice with me when I got married. If you wait till ten years of marriage before you seek advice, I pity the kind of marriage one would have. Keep on guys. Many of us were not able to receive this wisdom from parents or even friends. We need this in our soceity. So many young couples running to the altar, planning the best weddings. But how many spend time prepping for marriage.

• ruky

May 29, 2015 at 11:34 am

Besides its like receiving pre-marriage counsel from your religious leader. They just make it easier to access for younger generation. Anybody wanting to get married should get counseling from a religious leader.

• ZeeZee

May 30, 2015 at 3:56 am

I couldn’t agree with you more Liz. This is one of the reasons why i became a marriage coach. I certainly agree with you that if most people had received the proper counsel before they got married, they would have been better served in their marriages. Wise counsel is absolutely needed for a lot of couples. I can’t stress it enough that the dress, destination wedding, ring, shoes, guest list and other gravely expensive costs are NOT the necessities that help couples live in a blissful marriage (truth be told, the more the cost, the more the tension they have to deal with after the wedding actually)…the more information they have to break through whatever obstacles they experience TOGETHER is what helps! I also help married couples to change the trajectory of their marriage regardless of how their relationship is going! Reach out anytime (details in website) if you ever need an ear!

11. A-nony

May 28, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Lol . .Some of y’all need to chill. I don’t think its too early to hear from them. They have been married for a year in an era where separation/divorce is happening 2 – 6 months after the wedding. Moreover, they are not saying you should accept it. They are sharing what has worked with them so far.
    If you have been married for 10 years, comman put ya own too make we watch.

12. rose

May 28, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Kai am completely in love with this couple. This type of love right here is definitely my goals. Am a virgin and I initially wasn’t sure I would like to marry a virgin but gosh now I pray my husband to is a virgin buy generally I want what God wants for me. I recently met a great guy who is a Christian, has a great job, and the list is endless but I just wasn’t attracted to him physically i now said that I was chasing my career and now two months later he is married. I cried my eyeballs out because I just couldn’t understand why I did not feel anything for him and if he was Gods plan for me and I missed it. But after watching this video I believe God will bless me with what is rightfully mine.

• MC

May 28, 2015 at 3:57 pm

You cried your eyes out because a guy you didn’t like got married???? REALLY????!?!?!
      Or was it because he got married within 2 months?…you would have married him if you knew wedding was soon on the cards?

• rose

May 28, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Rose May 28, 2015 at 4:35 pm
      @MC I said I cried because I knew he was a great man and I dint feel anything for him… So I cried because I wished I felt something… And I also wondered if I was too dismissive and judgmental about certain things that I felt will make us incompatible. But anyways my greatest goal in life is to live the life which God has destined for me….that being said I believe God would not allow anything that is mine to elude me.

• ...just saying

May 28, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Rose, and you cried because some other woman wanted him and he married her. If he was still single, would you have cried? Mscheeew

• jhennique

May 29, 2015 at 4:13 pm

LOL. Rose are you okay? how old are you?

13. Lati

May 28, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Marriage isn’t all about time. It’s not how far but how well. There are people who have been married for over 10 years and haven’t grown one bit. Whose communication problems are still the same since they got married. Some Father’s whose habits you pray the children don’t pick.
    Besides, this is a form of ministry through which they are fulfilling purpose and I admire the fact that they are not waiting to be ‘veterans’ before setting out with it.
    For those who are aged pros in marriage, what have they done with it? If the Jews won’t praise God, He’ll raise stones to do so (hope y’all get the illustration).

• yeaaa!

May 28, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Thank You for that point. There are couples who have been married for ages but still lack basic knowledge. Some apply wrong principles in all those years, making the same mistake all over.
      It’s not about how long. It is how well.

14. Rose

May 28, 2015 at 4:35 pm

15. omooba

May 28, 2015 at 5:40 pm

@Medler… One thing I’ve learnt in life is ‘it’s not how long, but how well’. Once the foundation is right, you can build perfectly. Or as a mentor of mine says, ‘Get it right, and Get better.’ Loads of love to the couple.

16. rose

May 28, 2015 at 10:56 pm

@justsaying of cos I was sad when I realized that I had zero feelings for him, I even tot about leading him on with the hope of something developing but I just could not do that because like I said his a great guy and I am a growing Christian who believes that honesty is important and we should treat others the way we want to be treated. I am happy he found a woman that truly loves him. I just cried because finding great men is not easy and then I finally met one and it just wasn’t meant to be. That just goes to show that sometimes what we want isn’t what God wants for us. As a Christian I am trusting God to bless me with what is rightfully mine.

• Mimi

May 29, 2015 at 4:23 am

Don’t beat yourself about it Rose. I think you should be more grateful that this “great” guy who already had marriage in the bags(2 months) didn’t have the chance to break your heart.

• Miss Magic

June 5, 2015 at 12:41 pm

I feel you dear, was in the same situation not too long ago, and came to the conclusion that if someone is really meant for me, God would create the right feelings to love that person as my life time companion, which is key! It’s not about finding that perfect person that checks all attributes in ‘your list’, but finding that imperfect person who would be perfect for you/vice versa..

17. tai totally love toju's skin

May 29, 2015 at 2:09 am

toju i love you and your hubby’s advice,pls dont stop cos i’m learning a lot..been keeping up since eps 1 and thanks for replying my question the last tie about a potential that was asking me if i could cook.
    now another question o pls what’s your beauty regime ooo..me i love love your glowing skin and you’ve got beautiful fingers too. so what body,face and hand cream do you use?

18. Dizzle

May 29, 2015 at 6:36 am

I absolutely love you guys. God bLess you guys.

19. lola

May 29, 2015 at 8:57 am

Nothing as amazing as seeing young christian couples desire to add sth to the lives of those coming after them. Likee this has been such a blessing. God bless you guys and may God’s love continue to spread abroad in your heart.

20. Bukola

May 30, 2015 at 11:02 am

Wow! I really love this episode. God bless you guys.

21. Deedara

May 30, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Excellent video! Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

22. damilola

May 31, 2015 at 12:23 am

Love toju and dami- one lesson learnt is the importance of friendship and compatibility. When values are shared btw couples there a greater chance of success in marriage! Keep it up

23. alwayshappy

May 31, 2015 at 7:54 pm

L.L must mean leading lady – all the serenseren bros is doing, and the way he adores her

Thank God for bro dami and toju – their shared values and appreciation of each other is evident. Too many immature men (single or married) have deceptive, selfish and vain “whys” for selecting a wife or a girlfriend. May God help us women to “catch feelings” but have courage to write off bad relationships sooner than later.

24. Toju

June 1, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Oh wow! Many interesting comments here. Good or not so good, it means people have taken out precious time and data to watch and comment. Thank you all for that, we grateful. The feedback has been very heart-warming. *hugs*

We recorded these videos as part of our wedding anniversary celebration and about the first thing we said in the first video is that we are not giving advice as experts because we don’t know it all. We just believed that there would be some people-single, courting, about to be married or maybe even older couples that could relate with us or learn a thing or two. While we do hope and expect people to glean some wisdom (especially in these times where marriage is being trodden on like some people already mentioned), we are not insisting on being marriage coaches.

Of course, we’d like to hear how older couples have dealt with issues successfully. We don’t believe we must suffer what our parents or older couples suffered or dwell on the negatives of marriage. We believe we can be better than the past and we believe marriage can be sweet.

25. Ivy

June 4, 2015 at 4:24 pm

Omg i love this couple.God please let me find a guy like this.impeccable diction

26. olorunsogo kehinde

June 4, 2015 at 5:35 pm

i would love to know the name of the singles fellowship you were attending before you got married.

Thank you.

27. olorunsogo kehinde

June 4, 2015 at 5:37 pm

i really do have questions to ask, i basically found christian role models for myself, young like myself whom i can freely ask questions. but my questions are private, is there a way i can reach you.

28. Thelma

June 5, 2015 at 10:38 am

I JUST LOVE L0VE THIS COUPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Sweet, Honest and Natural! I pray that our Almighty Father in Heaven would see you both thru dis journey and give you many more reasons to smile every single day of ur life… May God grant my heart desire and every other person with the same desire to find someone to complete us and make us really fulfilled in marriage. I have truly learnt a lot from u and would definitely apply it to my life… Can’t wait for the next and final episode of this series but Please dont stop there!!!

29. Vivian A. Monye

August 19, 2015 at 12:32 am

Yeah, Pastor’s wife, really aint easy but God’s grace and understanding on both parts would see you through. I’m a pastor’s kid and I kinda relate to wanting attention spread for God’s flock but with time I got to love the shared time ‘cus same Agape love from God for everyone! xoxo!