Music

Seyi Shay Offers an Apology to her Fan, Debbi Veren over Instagram Drama

Seyi Shay - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01A few days ago Seyi Shay was at the end of some Instagram drama involving a fan who had entered her Instagram competition (click here if you missed it) and now in a bid to apologize Seyi Shay has released a press statement about the situation.

She wrote:

Darling Debbie, @debbie_veren

Please accept our apology for the insinuation of dishonesty to you entering the #myjangilovacompetition. Let me start by thanking you for embracing #JANGILOVA as “yours”. My greatest joy and mission from the onset has been to entertain, engage my fans and touch lives. I get excited creating platforms that will unite my fans and myself through laughter, music and the likes of the just concluded social media competition. If during the process, we offended anyone, I apologize from the depth of my heart.

Debbie, kindly accept our apology and the first prize as the winner of the #myjangilovacompetition. You are a fan, with a great voice and passion. We do apologise for the embarrassment this has caused you, your family and friends.

We wish you the very best in all your endeavors and look forward to meeting with you again soon

Yours Sincerely,
Seyi Shay
#teamseyishay

1. Anon

May 27, 2015 at 2:25 pm

“If during the process, we offended anyone” WTH?!? Just apologize and admit you were wrong for calling out the girl and keep it moving…Half baked apology does not equate to sincere apology!!! This Seyi Shay girl annoys me. Ugh!!!

• Tejflow

May 27, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Erm, I think she already did if you noticed as she dedicated her first sentence and the last but one paragraph for that. What I’m fairly certain she meant with that statement was that if anyone else, outside Debbie that is, might have gotten offended in the process of her trying to get across a good intention that may be misread, she is apologizing.

But hey, she already annoys you without trying so subjectivity might overrule objectivity.

2. Bobo

May 27, 2015 at 2:33 pm

She’s still syaing “We”

3. Ibukun

May 27, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Tani “we”? Is it not Seyi Shay that stylishly accused the babe of dishonesty? Time to apologise now she released statement and shared the blame to members of her team.
    Replace all the “we’ with “I”. Now that’s an apology.
    Do it right or don’t do it at all

• Tunde Asekun

May 27, 2015 at 6:04 pm

I so much agree with you and the earlier Seyi Shay manages her excesses the better for her. Word of mouth and social media is enough to ruin any career now. Seyi Shay, apologize with “I” and not “We”

4. Debra

May 27, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Pride… mtchewww

5. PRINCE

May 27, 2015 at 3:10 pm

the thing be say, I no just gbadun(like) this babe. she too do. her over sabi too much and I don’t see what she does.

6. sultana

May 27, 2015 at 3:20 pm

We ke!

7. @edDREAMZ

May 27, 2015 at 3:27 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    I have always said it that any step a celebrity take is for his/her benefit nothing else……. But the gal in question go dey feel herself shah….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

8. lili

May 27, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Why “our apology” and why we? Na you and who own the instagram page? Also you and who called her out! I’m lost.

9. Anon

May 27, 2015 at 4:45 pm

The girl is a trouble maker and street fighter. I heard she fought a girl openly at a night club over Vector the rapper. Heard she’s the industry pussy. Shame!!!

• Dee-USA

May 28, 2015 at 6:57 am

Dear Anon,

We all love a sizzling gossip story, but you should be mindful of making accusations about someone without proof. You heard she fought someone at a club over Vector. You also heard she was the industry pussy. You offer no proof, but you’ve been equal part judge and jury by convicting her with the final word, “shame!!!” What’s shameful is your behavior in hiding behind the anonymity of the internet while attempting to tarnish someone’s reputation. She could very well be all the things you say about her, but since you confirmed it as hearsay, don’t you think you should leave the judgmental act alone until you can confirm this hearsay?

• Eliza

May 28, 2015 at 9:57 am

You “heard”, that’s how rumours begin. Don’t speak on what you haven’t seen with your own eyes and no she is NOT industry pussy. That one I know

• rosie

May 28, 2015 at 10:18 am

madam defender. u might want to hold your own ko ma lo jasi koto. even the shay will admit to having been with a number of industry dudes. shhhh pipelow

• rosie

May 28, 2015 at 10:13 am

loooooool and the vector kukuma has girlfriend he doesnt play with he sharply put seyi in her place. industry pussy tho? lmao na patoranking she dey follow now

10. polypoly

May 27, 2015 at 4:51 pm

a phone call to Debbie would have been a real apology. kini gbogbo press release??? Sheyi SHay – hunnie u are not some big a-lister biko. but enjoy love

11. NaijaPikin

May 27, 2015 at 5:11 pm

“We” because she speaks on behalf of her brand.

12. bunmi

May 27, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Eyaaa

13. Tunde Asekun

May 27, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Seyi Shay keeps looking for trouble and apologising. It is definitely not for your image and reputation.

14. chichi

May 27, 2015 at 6:26 pm

lool…It is so true that humans see what they want to see. I see the part where she says “If during the process, we offended anyone, I apologize from the depth of my heart”
    @ prince, at least you are honest

15. Iya

May 27, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Biko who is ‘we’??

16. me

May 27, 2015 at 9:08 pm

my mother always told me that character is like smoke, no matter how much you cover it up it will still come out… seyi really needs a charater revamp, she live in lala land thinking she is riri getting stoned all day and being ratchet to anyone who tickles her fancy while plastering a plastic smile on her face so people think shes worth shit, my friend was her back up singer, she would berrate the girl and talk her down till she bursts into tears. she strikes me as very very unhappy on the inside and still trying to figure out which version of rihanna she wants to be.
    #GirlBye

17. FinchleysFinest

May 27, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Nigerians. Get over this and move on!.

What if Debbie bought followers sef? She apologised…. WE Or I… lets move on.

18. chukwukadibia

May 27, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Choi! Una get wahala sha!!! Whats the ‘we’ matter here now?She has apologised,can we move on now biko???

19. booboo

May 27, 2015 at 11:02 pm

This seyi shey girl I have Alhaja’s words for you(in her 83 yr old isale eko voice) “Garly yii nii waran waran lara!” Pls pray hard that people see positive stuff about about you bcos we just don’t know why we don like you!

20. misscontrakdiktion

May 28, 2015 at 10:30 am

the reasons for peoples apparent dislike/disgust with seyishay is beyond me. whats weirder is because i dont like her either, i just sort of cringe when i see her in the news. minus the fact that shes a classic case of abebelube and the champion of teamtoomuch and sluts’r’us, she has an amazing voice and i see nothing wrong with the apology as it obviously came from”teamseyishay” lets learn to cut some slack

21. Alert!

May 28, 2015 at 11:07 am

What’s with the “we” thing. Doesn’t come out as a sincere apology to me!