Scoop

‘There’s nothing modest about Instagram’ – Do You Agree with Bovi?

BoviThis morning entertainer and comedian Bovi posted a picture of himself on Instagram where he can be seen reading a newspaper while seated on a couch.

He captioned the picture THE ESSENCE OF THIS PIX IS TO SHOW OFF. The tie especially. There’s nothing modest about Instagram.’

A little debate was sparked of in his comment section about Instagram and modesty.

Is Instagram just for showing off?

Photo Credit: Instagram/officialbovi

1. naijaflo

May 14, 2015 at 11:35 am

That’s his own opinion.

2. msonah

May 14, 2015 at 11:44 am

well, that’s relative.

3. Ocean Beauty

May 14, 2015 at 11:49 am

From where I am seated, his shoe looks like a canoe.

4. pinkie

May 14, 2015 at 11:53 am

well, it depends.. technically, I agree with Bovi. it’s basically to show off..you may be showing off beauty, fashion, abs, ass, clothes, trips, culture, relationships, family, shoes etc!!! just anything. but the underlying fact is that you are passing a message.

5. Tosin

May 14, 2015 at 11:54 am

and for learning geometry. nice patterns on the tie and couch.

6. Beeeee

May 14, 2015 at 11:56 am

I agree 100%……we can find an excuse for Facebook, but Instagram is strictly for showing off. I am on Instagram so I know….you want to tag BN to show off your aso ebi, you want to show off your new hair style or makeover, show off your spouse/significant other, show off your babies in their brand new clothes that will make your followers green with envy, etc……

• Surely

May 15, 2015 at 6:01 am

Green with envy becuz your baby is wearing new clothes??? I wonder the kind of mentality you people have. How about wanting to be admired and to admire others? How about inspiration??? Kai, I should open an office for mental health for Naijas. I’ll be a billionaire…

• Help is here!

May 15, 2015 at 10:47 am

You particularly need prayers. Your are living in self-denial. I AM on instagram. I ONLY post pixs in which I look flawless, or have been filtered to near perfection. Who posts a bad picture of themselves? Lets not deceive ourselves. IT IS FOR SHOW!!

7. sista

May 14, 2015 at 12:17 pm

from what I realised, I side with him.
    well I deleted my account long ago. I didn’t want to kill myself with envy about other people’s lifestyle. Facebook and what’s app are enough for me.

8. mrs chidukane

May 14, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Mostly.

9. Ann1

May 14, 2015 at 12:37 pm

He’s absolutely right.

10. agagreement

May 14, 2015 at 12:38 pm

I totally agree, Y else do people post every little thing they do

11. bruno

May 14, 2015 at 12:43 pm

speak for your self. everybody isnt as vapid and vain as many of u nigerian celebs. so pls speak for ur self and ur peers.

bovi I still love u long time.

12. Enn!

May 14, 2015 at 12:43 pm

yep!, a hundred percent correct.

13. beautycee

May 14, 2015 at 12:43 pm

over the years, since the origin of instagram, i have been trying to figure out what instagram is for, may be today i will get the answer, let me wait for comments to roll in.

14. Mizzy

May 14, 2015 at 1:12 pm

I don’t av an ig acct n I av frnds who av deleted deir accts n i knw more pple deleting accts. I agree Wt him

15. nwa nna

May 14, 2015 at 1:17 pm

INSTAGRAM in my opinion is the #1 narcissistic invention ever created on the planet earth based on what I’ve seen being posted on it.
    I personally don’t use IG because I’ve no need for it, but am also NOT against it being used because it is a great platform when used in the right context.

• Help is here!

May 15, 2015 at 10:49 am

May I ask, what IS the right context?

• Oh-gee

May 25, 2015 at 12:11 am

To stalk people that we are intrigued by!!! 😀

16. Xtina

May 14, 2015 at 1:20 pm

I disagree! some people (like me) use instagram to promote something. I promote my Christian blog, promote my Christian book and i use it go get to know other Christians. Actually if you see my page very few pictures are actually of me.

17. zeezee

May 14, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Bellanaija, why can’t I like a comment more than once anymore? I used to like that

18. fresh articles

May 14, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Intagram is not for show off ooooo. instagram is a nice place where you can get fresh articles

19. Anon

May 14, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Instagram works well for businesses. I don’t have an account but I have peeped at Hudayya, RF and EI on Instagram.

20. Bruness

May 14, 2015 at 1:58 pm

If you disagree or say that’s his opinion please kindly enlighten us on what instagram is all about!

21. Why

May 14, 2015 at 2:00 pm

I only use social media for business networking not to be posting selfies in the toilet. Do you the people that invented facebook,twitter and so on there doing rubbish. They know that have the need to be seen so they capitalized on that.

22. mamamia!!!

May 14, 2015 at 2:26 pm

When I first got on instagram, I genuinely loved the concept cause people posted interests of theirs through photos. It could be a scenery a view or something magical, ur face needn’t appear. Now, I must let you know through all the #s my designer wears, some peeps have like a thousand photos on there and ave never repeated their shoes or clothing. Like seriously?! You mean in regular life you have a thousand plus shoes and wears? Fortunately, for some of us, there is hope! PINTEREST anyone? Let the fashion forward ones keep enjoying instafake…

23. viv

May 14, 2015 at 4:20 pm

@mamamia i am feeling you

24. Spicespalette

May 14, 2015 at 4:37 pm

I usually don’t reply BN posts but I will for this. I just got an IG account 4 months ago because I needed a place to show what I cook heheheh. I love cooking and I plan to open a restaurant in the nearest future. So My IG account is helping with a bit of publicity.

I agree with mamamimia some people just over do it on IG. Vanity upon vanity. God save us. Oh yeah and pin interest is fantastic!! follow me!

25. beaudonna.blogspot.com

May 14, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Totally depends on who you are following tho…..

• Favouredbaby

May 14, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Thank you!! Totally depends!! IG has helped me connect with people of the similar interest. I.e. Weight loss. Ive lost 45kg from the healthy eating tips and exercise videos I got from there. Tho some people have lost it though. Lol

26. honeymix...

May 14, 2015 at 4:57 pm

@mamamia!!! Do you really take out time to study people’s designer wears and clothing, if they are repeating it or not. Hmmmm…. Interesting.

27. honeymix...

May 14, 2015 at 5:36 pm

@mamamia, pls I did not mean to sound rude. Just a harmless joke.

28. D

May 14, 2015 at 6:28 pm

I don’t have an IG account but the one that got me was when my sister told me a particular sombori tagged all the designers and then wrote this #moneynobeproblem. That nailed it for me no IG until i have my business and it will be strictly a platform to promote my business

29. Drknite

May 14, 2015 at 7:45 pm

I’m only on Instagram to check out girls in yoga pants or in bathing suits.

30. Help is here!

May 15, 2015 at 11:04 am

Me, I am on instagram to see what Lisa Folawiyo wears, what Abisola Kola-Daisi is wearing and what their ass-kissers have to say about their fashion choices…I follow to see, byt ever comment…there’s no need to! It makes my day when I see comments like My “Joy Girl” or, ‘Why do I love you this much?” to people who would never respond to you. It makes it ALL worthwhile to see rich mens’ children grovelling over another’s wardrobe. Funniest thing is when nobody(s) have private accounts. Hahahahahaha.. like who WANTS in your account? Who be you? Even the Beyonce’s and Solanges’ don’t have their accounts set up as private. Dang!!

• Somebody

May 15, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Excuse you! Our accounts are private because of nosey-busybody-amebos like you who stay snooping around other folks business with no useful contribution. If I don’t know you, I don’t want your nosey ass in my matter. Beyonce’s job is to be in the public eye. You can be in dem Beyonce and co’s business because that’s how they stay rich. By all means, if you have a business you leverage the platform and share with every tom dick and harry. Not everybody wants or needs irrelevant & useless pass-timers reviewing their accounts, passing lame comments or judgments. I don’t want news carriers, potential robbers, identity thieves, or [potential] employer reviewing my private social life.
      The nerve of a nobody to call someone else a nobody.

To Whom It May Concern:
      1. If you struggle with contentment or jealousy, don’t join instagram or don’t follow show offs. Otherwise frustration will wound you.
      2. Beware of monitoring spirits like this one here called help is here.

• Can't remember name I last used o! E don tay.

May 17, 2015 at 10:16 pm

You aint being honest dear! I’m on IG n like u have a private acct. what do u do when some1 sends a request 2 follow? For me, as long as d acct wasn’t set up that day n d person seems 2 hv some history, I accept. At d end of d day, it feels gd havin a reasonable amt of likes n comments on my pics, I won’t lie.

How many ppl refuse requests 4 followership on IG? Not many i dare say.

I shan’t lie i also spy the accts of some fab ppl like Lisa. She’s d baddest babe on IG. #madrespect.