Relationships

Toke Makinwa’s Vlog: Types of Women Out Here – Miss Independent & The High Maintenance (Bad) Girls

Toke Makinwa - April 2015A few weeks ago, Toke Makinwa listed and described the ‘5 types of men’.

Now she’s back with her thoughts on ‘type of women’.

Today talks about ‘Miss Independent’, Toke tells them – ‘let the man do what he’s supposed to do’ and ‘The Bad Girls’/high maintenance – they are exposed, they know what they’re doing.

Do you agree?

Watch Part 1 of Types of Women out There!

1. omooba

May 7, 2015 at 7:31 am

LOL!! ‘…if your dream haf not hactualize…’ that just slayed me!! Interesting, Toke…a few reservations, but interesting nevertheless.

• nene

May 7, 2015 at 11:39 am

toke seems like a fun gisting partner. she’s a funny character.

2. Kunmi

May 7, 2015 at 7:50 am

Maybe, just maybe, women are independent for themselves and “landing/keeping a man” is not the ultimate goal.

3. JAYYNE

May 7, 2015 at 8:42 am

cute dog, fine lady

4. Céline Mademoiselle

May 7, 2015 at 9:17 am

Love me some Toke Makinwa <3 <3 !!!

5. Enn!

May 7, 2015 at 9:31 am

hmm…not so bad,she did well,makes we wonder why a lot of pple really hate on her like they av a personal beef.
    Anyways I don’t believe any body has to dumb themselves down to make their partner comfortable, It just not fair, though, i’m not for flaunting one’s earnings or whatever in their partner’s face cos that’s immature.
    I just can’t fathom dumbing myself down to make any guy feel good cuz that means i hafta pretend to be someone I’m not.
    Besides anyone that only feels good/”confident” when he/she is under the illusion that they av one up over their partner is a terrible person.

• Nahum

May 7, 2015 at 1:59 pm

You are right, however I have learnt that in marriage, life is not always black and white. There are a lot of grey areas. I learnt from my mum that even the smartest and most ambitious women have to play the damsel in distress from time to time in order to keep their marriages. That is life.

• Surely

May 8, 2015 at 5:21 am

It’s because your mom and these “strong” women are married to weak men. No real man will wait for his woman to be in distress before he steps up to the plate. If a woman has to act weak for a man to feel strong then he’s not really strong. No wonder Nigerian women are first class actresses and pretenders, Hiss. I hope you can take the good from the bad and stop copying and listening to everything your mom says.

TOKE, be done with this vlog. You are silly for making independent women look bad because men are intimidated by them instead of you to call out the cowardly men. You’re a man worshipper, no wonder you stayed in the crap you did for 12 years.

6. i no send

May 7, 2015 at 9:50 am

cute dog and purse

7. yetunde

May 7, 2015 at 10:12 am

i dont know where TOke is from though but this is outright wrong!!!!

8. Cocodd1

May 7, 2015 at 10:22 am

Beautiful please keep this Toke ! You’re real xx

9. Cocodd1

May 7, 2015 at 10:24 am

Beautiful! Please keep this coming Toke ! You’re just yourself and real xx

10. Lilly

May 7, 2015 at 10:30 am

Dear BN.

I need clarification please.

What if the man deliberately will not provide for you as a husband just because he knows your office pays?

Even when you “pretend” to be a damsel in distress, even lie about your income just so that he doesn’t feel threatened?

He will refuse to provide for his family while you in a bid not to show that you can do all that, deny your children the good things of life.

Honestly, where should one draw the line on whichcraft???????

• Shineshineshine

May 7, 2015 at 11:35 pm

Some men are winches + Wizard. My aunty’s husband borrows money from her for no just reason o. I am talking huge money o, big enough for a plot of land in Ikeja GRA at a go. Meanwhile, not that he is poor, neither is he “doing” any project. Her offense is dat she is beautiful, brilliant and got it moving. Babe na hustler. She has the knack to see and seize opportunities. Dis bobo was a lamb when dey dated. Ask him to jump then him go ask how high. Now he is a husband ebe like say him chop winchcraft between reception venue and flight to go honeymoon. We hear he is ONLY tryna be a MAN! Hian!!!

11. sonia

May 7, 2015 at 10:40 am

i see how nigerians have become professional critics over night..my tokstarrr…babe.. u rock..doing ur own thing and not copying anyone..Jah bless u double..my people, keep saying all de bad stuff…yet she de clime dat ladder step by step..the way some people just sit and hate tho..makes me wonder if they were given an opportunity to create humans, they will do a great job..my dear nigerians..life is like a stage..and we all are actors.stop hating or critizing..waiting for vlog part two..

12. i am

May 7, 2015 at 11:19 am

4 years back just moved to naija, working in **** benin, as a doctor.haven’t been in home for a while.European things, nice car ,nice crib everything nice.met this chick a uni student,struck a friendship.took her as my “smally” no sex, no head,nothing(although she wanted it).let her hang with the crew in hopes she will hook one of my guys(i am nice like that):)))).she became known to everyone as “our person” the flexing was on another level,made her comfy.i let her understand that what i do for her i do for my friends if and when i can ,it is nothing. people pulled me up,so i can pull anybody up.during our friendship opened a business for her,gave her contacts anything she wanted i did, the babe started doing juju for me ohh ,for what? i dont know.babe feel say i be “mugu” .cut her off and let her know again that incase she forgot i am a street boy that is artificially tushed,been there done that and i am “bam” in the Lord now. why is this necessary because the girl worships toke.lololololol and so anytime i see toke i remember the girl .sometimes i feel i should write a book things i have done and seen ………

• Doxa

May 7, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Toke has never ever advised anyone to do juju on her vlogs o. If the girl used juju for you it has nothing to do with my dear Tokstarr.

• memebaby

May 7, 2015 at 2:10 pm

haha great city of benin! haven’t been home since 08.. wonder if much has changed.

13. yemojay

May 7, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Toke your head is toooo correct. You are sooo real as in! Keep going!!!

14. ike

May 7, 2015 at 2:22 pm

I like Toke tho..

This shoe she is rocking here is as cheap as $6.99 in foreman mills here in wilmington Delaware. Got it for my niece few days ago.

You don’t have to be too expensive too make a fashion statement.

• habibi

May 7, 2015 at 4:26 pm

how you take see her shoe tho????

• habibi

May 7, 2015 at 4:27 pm

sorry seen it in the picture above

15. i am

May 7, 2015 at 3:06 pm

@doxa yeah i know.i just said the girl was a bad experience and she loved toke ,so subconsciously i link toke to her .its just psychological no biggie.

16. chi

May 7, 2015 at 3:51 pm

lololol.. Toke, giving brain to babes since 1920.

17. Nfii

May 7, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Toke groom dog well well… forget to water plant.

18. ella

May 7, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Please Toke can you water that plant beside you in that photo, it looks so dry & forgotten or better still get a gardener.

19. lacey

May 7, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Thanks dearie! spot. on, I have learnt now to be a damsel in distress,but you know what my dear it’s the politicians who steal our money that spend on women, and most of them are very dirty looking. I trust myself to keep my bank details and finance to myself. If you even tell your girlfriends,they are ones that will go arrange a Nigeria man fraudster for you! I always declare distress to Nigerian men,trust me they will pick 4o/40.My dear Toke the clean Men nor get that dough to throw around o,so even if you distress from now till tomorrow nothing will drop. Toke talk true that Man wey you marry,dey maintain you or now you dey maintain am with all the money you dey make from show biz! My dear see as you dey fine everyday! You think say if he nor see your independent nature he for marry you after 11 years! My dear practice what you preach! When u don damsel in distress well for your husband and he respond then I go fit take your advice! But for now my dear your show girl is helping me wind down from my stressful schedule!

• Shobie

May 7, 2015 at 11:46 pm

You are really low down dirty. Must you bring her husband into this matter? Critics get paid haters don’t.

• lacey

May 8, 2015 at 5:24 am

My dear I was catching my fun! So if you like drink panadol and give yourself headache,
      I made myself very clear, it’s because. She is independent and making dough that her husband married her! So those independent women should not be put down! Except you are Toke in disguise! And really I do not come here to insult people,so allow me enjoy myself!

20. nnenne