Scoop

Veteran Nollywod Actor Peter Bunor is Dead

It is saddening to report that the Nigerian movie industry has lost another veteran actor.image

It was confirmed late last night that actor Peter Bunor has passed on.

His son, Peter Bunor Jnr made the announcement on Facebook saying: ‘In the early hours of today,my father,friend,teacher,confidant passed on.’

At this point there has been no confirmation on the cause of death but it is reported that he died of complications from an ailment and his battle with stroke in the past few years.

Our thoughts are with his family at this time.

1. ATL's finest

May 2, 2015 at 7:29 am

RIP to a great Bollywood actor. U will forever be remembered Mr. Bruno! Any type of sickness is a disease. Everyday, I go to work, I see folks on life support, breathing machine (O2 ain’t no joke & definitely not cheap), folks with strokes & paralyzed and going through physical therapy just to make the other side work for them smh.. Dear lord, I thank U for a great health & I truly apologize for always complaining for the most silliest & irrelevant issues.

• Jo

May 2, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Bollywood?

2. jennifer Akuns

May 2, 2015 at 7:31 am

May his gentle soul rest in peace..

3. Gilbert Cheruiyot Rotich

May 2, 2015 at 7:53 am

R.I.P our best nollywood entertainer,we loved you but God loved u most

4. tinton

May 2, 2015 at 8:04 am

Haha! Not again! but what’s it with all these nollywood deaths. Father have mercy! …affliction shall not rise a second time. May his gentle soul rest in peace and may God grant his family the fortitude to beat his loss.

• nene

May 2, 2015 at 10:20 am

i think we need to ask how well these actors take care of themselves (what they eat,drink, how they live their lives,etc) . i don’t think anything is happening really.

• Ada bekee

May 2, 2015 at 1:55 pm

People die everyday. Nollywood is not an exception. The industry is made up of humans and not immortals. May his soul find peace in the bossom of our Lord, amen! #sad

5. tinton

May 2, 2015 at 8:06 am

**bear

6. mulikat

May 2, 2015 at 8:28 am

RIP

7. Pabara

May 2, 2015 at 8:30 am

Rest in Peace!May God give the family every peace that passes all understanding.It is well

8. McCollins

May 2, 2015 at 9:59 am

Here we go again! What is really happening to the Nollywood stars? My heart goes out to the family. I call on the Nollywood and actors guild to sit up and see how they can address the lack of concerns shown to their members in time of challenges especially healthwise. Rest in peace to the Dead.

9. nene

May 2, 2015 at 10:18 am

wow. another great actor i grew up watching. RIP and condolences to the family.

10. Hamida

May 2, 2015 at 11:42 am

Tribute to Peter Bunor My Chief
    As Nollywood bids farewell to Veteran Actor Peter Bunor my condolences to his family and to Nollywood Industry at large.
    As I learnt of Peter’s Passing yesterday I recalled our first meeting in Chico Ejiro’s Offices. As Chico did the intro’s I noticed Peter standing aloof with a cynical smile on his face deep in conversation with someone. The reason I noticed him was that passion in which he spoke. Yes you guessed it Peter was rehearsing with a young actor. His hands and disapproval was clear that he demanded perfection in the deliverance of the role. I smiled and asked Chico who he was and he said “Peter Bunor and makes sure you pronounce it right it is not Brunor”. I walked across and extended my hand and Peter looked at it and laughed out loud. “Goodness Chico where do you find them?” I was taken aback, Chico laughed+said “Don’t mind him.” As we walked away I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned into a twinkle eye and a huge hug from Peter. “Welcome to Lagos. Chico did you not tell her no handshakes allowed only hugs for our familia?” I was not sure how to react but Peter delightfully entertained us with his brilliance on set. I was blown away and deeply humbled as the afternoon gave me such incredible insight into this incredible man artiste, awesome talent all wrapped into one. And from that day whenever I met Peter or watched him on screen I was again impressed at “My Chief” . Today I pay my respects to Peter Bunor an exceptional heart hidden beneath a legacy of brilliance and passion for the Screen. Sleep Well My Chief You will be missed but through your love of sharing and educating the youth and aspiring artistes your Legacy will flow beyond the shores of Nollywood. Africa is grateful for the time we shared such a gift from GOD.
    From Hamida Suliman aka VPENSHONE with deep love and respect

11. Kadara

May 2, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Awww, may his soul rest in peace.. I love him in movies

12. faithful ole

May 2, 2015 at 1:29 pm

RIP sir may ur soul rest in peace amen

13. michael

May 2, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Rip great here

14. Adaeze Writes

May 2, 2015 at 3:46 pm

This is quite a shock, may his gentle soul rest in peace. Amen. My condolence to his family.

15. afriyie

May 2, 2015 at 5:38 pm

may his soul rest in perfect peace.

16. ninoblaize

May 3, 2015 at 7:21 am

RIP great icon of dynamism……

17. ONYEARMY

May 3, 2015 at 10:03 am

RIP UNCLE

18. Stella

May 3, 2015 at 11:44 am

May your soul find rest in the Lord. My condolence to his family.

19. Alphonsus Onyenwere

May 3, 2015 at 12:33 pm

May God remove untimely death in the mix of our Nigerian movie industry and grant them long life in Jesus Name Amen. Rest in peace Bruno.

20. Ebony

May 4, 2015 at 9:18 am

Oh wow 🙁
    RIP 🙁

21. NR

May 5, 2015 at 7:37 pm

May his soul rest in perfect peace.

22. emem david

May 17, 2015 at 5:31 am

nollywood must seek d face of God as early as possible, they need God’s intervention. its too much