Features

Watch ‘It Happened To Me’ – An Awareness Film About HIV/AIDS by Chris Ihidero & UNESCO

Original, entertaining and informative. These words describe ‘It Happened To Me‘ – a short film directed by Chris Ihidero. The film which was written and produced by the late filmmaker, Amaka Igwe and was shot in her home, Umuada Community, Enugu State.

The film, which was made in conjunction with United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), seeks to provide awareness to HIV/AIDS. It Happened to Me is a true life story featuring Tochukwu Okafor, Desmond Onunwa, Jane Obi and Chidinma Igweani.

Watch ‘It Happened To Me’ here:

1. Derin

May 6, 2015 at 8:46 am

Yet you hear dumb ass lines like “I just don’t like wearing condoms”. This is 2015 people. Stay protected!!!

2. JAYNNE

May 6, 2015 at 9:57 am

aids is real and e no dey show for face

3. DAME

May 6, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Beauitful production with message every step of the way…we should be more aware and do our HIV/AIDS steps every 3 months .
    Its not a death sentence

4. Addy

May 6, 2015 at 5:11 pm

This is the most educative HIV/AIDS Ad i have ever seen. Nice one AMAKA IGWE !! you will always remain a legend #RIP# HIV is real. always use a condom but abstinence remains the best.

• kekey

May 7, 2015 at 3:10 pm

AIDS is real… But it is very hard for people to abstain… I wish i cud get a man hu iz truthful and can wait for me till we get married as well as be faithful in our marriage.. I just lost the man of my life bcz of my bad attitudes towards him when he wanted to have sex with me… I refused and i was very angry @him… It wasnt easy. All in all i advise you guys to stay safe…and please pray alot. Thanks bella naija..

5. Miss K

May 6, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Very timely message. Kudos to the production team. Meanwhile Bella Naija, a few months ago I submitted my HIV/AIDS film to you guys to share but I was told it wasn’t a subject matter your platform was exploring at the time, what gives?

6. Tosin

May 9, 2015 at 7:59 am

Nice work. Mo gbadun e. O na suso.
    Part Two: protection / contraception. Many people think it’s only needed when you’re with a confirmed ashawo. Many people think once you’re in a relationship proper or once a person is nice looking (neat, as they say) no need to worry. Many people be chooking girlfriend belle and aborting anyhow. Many husbands and wives be sharing diseases in the name of one-sided monogamy. On the other hand, if one has money to spend, many types of protection, no be only that cheap rubber somtin. Akwai strawberry, flavour, texture, orisirisi.

Part Three: abstinence. i don’t know mosh about this, but folks should just know there’s nothing inside the sex thing ma sef to be causing impatience, maybe it’s overrated. So many things to do instead – hobbies, books, friendship, activities, family, religion. Kiss and stay with kissing till old enough. etc etc. Ha, our people too dey shag abeg. Go out, woo a girl, write poetry abi love letters, group outings, cook and eat together, make out, etc, na lie. Only the sex dey interest dem. I never see 😀

Oya UNESCO, bring money.