Relationships

”You Are the Closest Thing to God in Existence” – Mercy Johnson Says to her Husband as She Sends Him Birthday Wishes

Mercy JohnsonNollywood actress Mercy Johnson Okojie’s husband, Prince Odianosen Okojie  is celebrating his birthday today and she used her Instagram account as a way to send him a sweet birthday message.

She wrote:

You are the closest thing 2 God in existence.
Love is today cus no one can swear that their love will last forever, but the passion makes you think of tomorrow.
You are my tomorrow and I love u with everything I am.
Thank you so much for showing what it means to LIVE, LOVE and be HAPPY.
Happy Birthday My Hope<3 <3

The couple got married in 2011 and have two children, Purity Ozioma Okojie and Henry Ozioma Okojie.

Photo Credit: Instagram/Mercyjohnsonokojie

1. favor

May 15, 2015 at 8:21 am

Beautiful words, may the Lord bless their union! HAPPY BIRTH DAY Prince Odianosen Okojie

• Jade

March 14, 2016 at 3:26 pm

So, how will mercy Johnson feel when she finds out. He impregnated his side babe. Will he be the closest to the devil. Story go change.

2. Anon

May 15, 2015 at 8:48 am

You are the closest thing 2 God in existence? Congrats to her mini “god.”

3. dearestzee

May 15, 2015 at 9:21 am

Happy Birthday to him.

4. Bussiechoco

May 15, 2015 at 10:25 am

Like seriously, Mercy is one of the actress i look up to. God bless ur home. Much love

5. Moyo

May 15, 2015 at 10:36 am

Na wah o, cant Mercy praise her husband without putting God in it. Hmmn, we need to be careful in our choice of words. I am happy for her and husband.

6. pepsin

May 15, 2015 at 11:02 am

Beautiful couple. May God keep watching over you as you share you lives together. HBD Prince

7. awww

May 15, 2015 at 11:19 am

Lovely word. Lets not forget even sarah in the bible called Abraham ‘My lord’.

• anon

May 16, 2015 at 12:26 am

Yes even Sarah knew not to compare her husband to God, she called him my lord not God. Two very different terms, don’t get it twisted. That her statement is blasphemous.

• Beauty alagoa

July 19, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Luv hm much

8. sweet

May 15, 2015 at 11:30 am

Swweeettt. Dia is nothing bad in what she said naww most women in the bible called dia husband”MY LORD” so its all good nah. Happy for them

9. Di

May 15, 2015 at 11:47 am

Still cann’t get past the fact that she was messing with this man while he was a family man elsewhere. Smh

10. precy

May 15, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Didn’t the bible say “ye are gods?”
    So what’s is wrong in her statement?

11. precy

May 15, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Didn’t the bible say “ye are god?”
    So what’s wrong in her statement?

12. Mama Jacob

May 15, 2015 at 12:12 pm

I see a woman truly in love and living out marital bliss. So refreshing! Oga this woman truly loves you, keep treating her like a queen and she will keep blossoming into grannyhood.
    #Teammaritalblisscanhappen. Beautiful woman!

13. fleur

May 15, 2015 at 12:23 pm

I am reminded by this post of idolworthwhilel worship.

14. bokun

May 15, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Well that’s very original mercy. I’ve heard people comparing their spouses to saints but never to God. Wow!!

15. bello

May 15, 2015 at 8:47 pm

We are all created in the image of the most high. It’s blasphemous to suggest one person stands out and is closer to God in nature. We are created in his IMAGE BUT OUR WAYS ARE DIFFERENT FROM HIS ISIAIAH 55.. English is not our first language mercy. No go use am wound yourself.

16. isigini

May 16, 2015 at 12:53 am

Odikwa egu. Maybe she should just open a church and offer him praise and worship. Anunmpa.

17. jonahsandra

May 16, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Congrats MJ. What she actually meant by “…the closest thing to God”,is very far from what most of you think. God is love,and she is experiencing that sort of love that God is,in her marriage. She never referred to him as God,neither did she call him her God. She is simply talking about her husband having an atrribute of God,which is pure,undying love,which truly speaking, is very rare today(in our country and even in most homes).

18. Emma

May 18, 2015 at 12:46 am

Who is God to you? To me God is LOVE; He is ever loving, ever forgiving, ever merciful, ever generous, kind, humble, He listens, He understands, He only wants the best for me and you. Mercy says ‘the closest thing to God’ meaning the person who is closest to all the good that has happened in her life is her man. They have two great children…those of us who have kids with men we love know exactly what she means. When you meet a man that loves you UNCONDITIONALLY and treats you like a goddess…a queen…believe me…you see God in him. I know because God has blessed me with true love and I know that it is rare

19. Naveah

May 18, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Omo Husband Worship don over take Naija o! Women are so grateful to find a decent husband that they are attributing godlike status to them. You better be careful. God is a jealous God, when you start referring to your husband as “God”, no mind wetin go come after o okay. I am all for loving and adoring our husbands, I love, respect, value and honor my husband but he is NOT my “god”.

• anon

May 18, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Gbam!!!.Mercy Na illiteracy be your problem. Worship God not your flesh and blood husband. Your husband can be as good as Gold but he still can never be comparable to GOD.

• noshedidnt

May 18, 2015 at 6:55 pm

The closet thing to God in existence. Are you saying God is fictional and does not exist in reality but that if there was a God your husband fits the bill. I am just surprised that a woman can say this nonsense . You’ve just lost a fan babe. You yab!

20. jennystasia

March 14, 2016 at 2:44 pm

is it dat u guys dont understand common english? she nor say u r God, she said closest to GOD meaning to her after God is her husband