Style

BN Bridal Beauty: The Albino Model Makeover | iPosh Looks

BellaNaija Weddings

It’s not just another edition of BN Bridal Beauty, it’s a special one!

Ifeoma Adefemi of iPosh Looks, took Instagram by storm with this makeover of albino model, Chinwe, AKA Albinorella.Nigeria-Albino Bridal Beauty Shoot iPosh LooksToday, Ifeoma tells BN Weddings how she was inspired by her model’s confidence, and the impact the shoot has had.

“I stumbled on Chinwe’s Instagram page and was thrilled at how she lives her life to the fullest. She had this confidence around her and to really be honest I was tripped!

She always says this statement that I am yet to get over about being albino, “I AM JUST ANOTHER SHADE OF BLACK!”

She loves herself and so I asked myself, “How can I encourage her, make her feel extremely good and also encourage others?” I sent her a direct message telling her I was a big fan and offered her a makeup treat, which @Herthesir_Concepts and @JasBeadsNJewels helped out with on very short notice.

I have never done makeup for an albino before, so for me I was taking up a challenge/making a damsel really happy. She was sceptical of the outcome and to be honest I was also scared. I was even afraid to upload it on my page, but I found the courage to, and I’m glad I did.

Afterwards, Chinwe sent me a message saying I made her touch lives. She has been getting calls from mothers with albino kids and she indeed feels the shoot was really more than just a shoot.”

We agree – Ifeoma’s inspiration is to our delight today as we present the two different looks – a rich maroon which made the model look regal, and a warm blue tone, accentuated by corals.

Nigerian Albino Makeover - iPosh Looks on BellaNaija - June 2015 5 Nigerian Albino Makeover - iPosh Looks on BellaNaija - June 2015 4 Nigerian Albino Makeover - iPosh Looks on BellaNaija - June 2015 3 Nigerian Albino Makeover - iPosh Looks on BellaNaija - June 2015 2 Nigerian Albino Makeover - iPosh Looks on BellaNaija - June 2015 1***

Makeup Artist: @iPoshLooks
Model: @Albinorella
Aso oke: @Herthesir_Concepts
Beads: @JasBeadsNJewels

1. Bukola

June 26, 2015 at 11:41 am

Just another beautiful shade of black. Beautiful! The pictures with the wine headgear, ilove

• polypoly

June 26, 2015 at 3:33 pm

chinwe chinwe!!! I don’t know you but I saw your pics allover instragram!!!! me and my friends were gagging at ur beauty hunty!!! and you are such a happy and chopping life kinda gurl. luv it. loved ur IG pics of you and ur family in Obudu (Instagram Stalker alert…haha).

keep serving us Albino Fierceness hunnnay….you were BORN THIS WAY for a reason. ……werkkkkk sissy poo!

Yoruba women – OMG!!! pls how can I learn how to tie gele like this, cos chillle I DIE everytime I see beautiful Yoruba gele styles. It doesnt help that i am in the Americas, so we dont dress this fancy every wknd but I wanna oppress at the summer weddings I gat coming up.
      Please lets not make this tribal wars, no shade to the other ethnic groups, but Yoruba gele styles are unique from others.

• ao

June 26, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Nothing wrong with “Yoruba gele” as you put it, but Chinwe is not Yoruba. She is Igbo as is the makeup artist.

• Kim

June 30, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Youtube will teach you how to tie beautiful gele.

• lara ashi

June 26, 2015 at 5:46 pm

I am speechless, so beautiful.

2. Doxa

June 26, 2015 at 11:41 am

Wow! This is the BEST MUA job I have seen on an albino. iposh Looks rocks!

3. YA

June 26, 2015 at 11:46 am

I must improve my make up skill…….. wow…..well done ifeoma.
    chinwe is pretty…

4. mywifeisfiiiiiiine

June 26, 2015 at 11:46 am

Very nice.

5. Ada Ada

June 26, 2015 at 11:46 am

Nice……….very nice!

6. ifepe nnennia

June 26, 2015 at 11:47 am

Beautiful makeover.I have two albino friends and they re so beautiful,they have no spot and they have the confidence that can blow your mind.having an albino kid is not the end.parents should take good care of their skin and imbibe good self confidence in them

7. honey

June 26, 2015 at 11:52 am

She looks divine. The transformation is breath taking!!!

8. bim

June 26, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Wow,great mk up,chinwe u luk gorgeous

9. Oyindee

June 26, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Iposh is the truth,amazing make-over

10. Grace

June 26, 2015 at 12:11 pm

It was really trending then(Like some weeks ago)i did love it. #Anothershadeofblack#Albino

11. HOI EVENTS

June 26, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Anyone made of God is beautiful, fearfully and wonderfully made………….

12. toke

June 26, 2015 at 12:14 pm

absolutely lovely.

13. chynwa

June 26, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Chinweudo!!! the model… I hail thee o. fine geh. biko I’m coming tomorrow for my share of the profit

14. Abena

June 26, 2015 at 12:16 pm

beautiful!! I smiled along with her on the wine picture….

15. Moyo

June 26, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Wow, the pictures are lovely, BN please let us have pictures of the wedding as well

• She

June 26, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Moyo, it wasn’t for a wedding. It was for an experimental make-up by iposh that turned out fantastic.

16. Esther samuel ibitokun

June 26, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Wow this is a good job she is looking great, pls keep it up

17. teetee

June 26, 2015 at 12:30 pm

CHINEKE…………..this is so beautiful

18. missatl

June 26, 2015 at 12:31 pm

This is SPECTACULAR!!!! The makeup is sooo perfect and her glow is beautiful!!!

19. Amh

June 26, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Iposh is really talented. Shes the master of makeup

20. mulikat

June 26, 2015 at 12:38 pm

all beautifull,but win is Nr.1

21. 01

June 26, 2015 at 1:02 pm

WOW!!! I love it!

22. tunmi

June 26, 2015 at 1:09 pm

I don’t like it. I don’t see any trace of her albinism, which is so much a part of her, in the made up photo. And why should she not be living her life??? Because she’s an albino, she’s not expected to be human. GTFO. I get the challenge in highlighting her features but this person completely pancaked her face in that I cannot see the albino person in the before pic. For me, this is akin to lightening a dark person in photos.

• Sunshine

June 26, 2015 at 1:33 pm

I’m sorry what exactly is the ‘trace of her albinism’?

• Tolu

June 26, 2015 at 1:53 pm

I honestly gey whre u’re coming from Tunmi, and i said as much myself… Ifeoma happens to be my friend, nd shes NO DOUBT extremely good at what she does. But i wandered about chinwe’s gold eyebrow… Had to go back to the befre pics to be sure what color her original brows are. The only trace of her “albinoism” is the hair we see at her temples… As a rule, i generally think makeup should enhance rather than make one look unrecognizable.
      Ditto for MUAs that use foundation to totally disguise tribal marks…

• IFEOMA IS ACTUALLY MY FRIEND""""

June 26, 2015 at 5:05 pm

SMH..U get where shes coming From.”.ifeoma is actually ur friend”..y dont u people appreciate things and move on..must u look for fault in everything…eeiiiiyssshhh…mo gbe idi fun yin..ifeoma is actually ur friend and ure looking for the models albino features..no be u suppose first appreciate ur friends job..u don open d girl armpit see if her albino hair don disappear..Ndi ara..Ifeoma ia actually my friend” SHORONIYEN

• Spanish Guitar

June 26, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Tolu, have you ever considered that some ladies do not have eyebrows at all, not talking about scanty but nada? My colleague once came to the office without her make-up on and I shuddered and asked why she had to scrape it all off, only for her to say that she has never had eyebrows! Meanwhile, loads of ladies these days scrape off the eyebrows in order to achieve ”look”.
      My point is, I really do not understand why ”the trace of her albinism” has to be shown in her eyebrows that may naturally be non-existent or she just decided to scrape off. I love the transformation, I love her infectious laugh and smile and I think you and Tunmi should too.
      Finally,Ifeoma, your work is excellent! I wish I knew you when I got married. I had to clean off what my MUA painted on my face and went to church almost bare-faced because it was such a mess.

• Tolu

June 27, 2015 at 11:00 am

Spanish Guitar… Thanks ? that’s some way to look at it!
      Madame “Ifeoma is actually my friend” YOU ARE BITTER!!! life is too short to be “that” bitter. Chief whip! Epele oo. Smeone made an observation like we are all entitlled to. Nd it made sense… No be social media be this? No one ws even abusive. Bikko take several seats! Its nt that serious.

• ara

June 26, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Hi Tunmi, in as much as i understand where you are coming from, i am sure Chinwe was given some choice as to what she would like. If he didn’t like the outcome, these pictures won’t be up for you and me to see. The simple point is she looks beautiful and is happy with how she looks. What or how we feel she should look like doesn’t really matter in the scheme of things…

Well done Ifeoma. Chinwe looks lovely!

• idomagirl

June 30, 2015 at 7:14 am

What do you mean by ‘no trace of her albinism’? Abeg it’s not by force to criticize.

23. sade thompson

June 26, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Really beautiful work, well done.

24. gokzoh

June 26, 2015 at 1:55 pm

She always does it easy

25. Uju Lilian Ikegbune

June 26, 2015 at 2:37 pm

WOW! THIS IS AWESOMELY AMAZING!!!

26. Rukayat

June 26, 2015 at 3:07 pm

I’m soooo touched by this! keep up the good work.

27. tracker

June 26, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Wow iposhlooks is already a household name n a force to reckon with.weldone hun,u rock

28. shola

June 26, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Amazing!! i love this so much. Chinwen @albinorella i know is real person, being real is are normal way of life.

29. Tikka Masala

June 26, 2015 at 4:25 pm

She is beautiful with or without makeup!

30. Passerby

June 26, 2015 at 4:27 pm

She’s beautiful with and without make up. Very nice features. Her eyes aren’t typical albino eyes though, they are dark and not hazel. Very nice. Bless her.

• Tosin

June 27, 2015 at 6:14 am

true dat.
      and it’s a lovely showcase of Naija fashion.
      that said, dark-skinned people use so much make-up they look same as the albino model after make-up. what is this make-up idea? to make everybody look like a photo? as in i look like everyone and look like no one?

31. Jojo

June 26, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Beautiful

32. nwanyi na aga aga

June 26, 2015 at 5:01 pm

This is beautiful…very beautiful

33. mdb

June 26, 2015 at 5:06 pm

I think someone needs to create a make up brand for albinos. Because the products used here made her look like a light skinned person.

• Spanish Guitar

June 26, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Errrrr…pardon my perceived ignorance. Are Albinos dark-skinned people? Smh! Some people must definitely find a fault in everything no matter how ”perfect” those things might be.

34. Dolapo

June 26, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Forget the makeup . This chic is just gorgeous even without makeup.

35. Uyi Ogbeide

June 26, 2015 at 7:11 pm

I dont get it. Are they one and same person?

36. Zadera

June 27, 2015 at 12:30 pm

wonders! iam speechless how people can be so good at what the do!

37. TheGirl

June 27, 2015 at 4:33 pm

i don’t get why are people so surprised, it is just another makeup session. and I don’t get why the make up artist was surprised that she lived a normal fulfilled life? aren’t albinos human beings?!!

38. girlwithalbinorelatives

June 27, 2015 at 11:42 pm

I think she looks great. Those with comments about eyebrows n masking albino traits, abeg park well. Don’t you look different when you have your makeup done professionally?
    @chinwe: you rock
    @iposh: great job as usual

39. PD Young Billionaire

June 28, 2015 at 5:36 am

Beautiful….

40. Ms Ijay

June 28, 2015 at 6:39 pm

Smashing! She does look like an albino after the makeup. I love the hairline showing her Goldie locks and it’s definitely in her eyes. A total look from head to toe will show that the make up did not take away her albinism . I think beauty was enhanced her and I’m sure if she goes out for a function she would have adequate sun block to protect her well taken skin. Well done on the ‘Test trial make over’

41. ashabiOS

June 29, 2015 at 11:07 am

this got to me ‘just another shade of black’ wow, you are beautiful from inside

42. red

July 2, 2015 at 1:33 pm

chiosoooooooos!!!! this is super

43. Wums

July 2, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Just had to comment. Chinwe is really beautiful…looks more like a half caste lady in the pics.

44. black nubia

July 7, 2015 at 4:18 pm

beautiful

45. mimi

July 15, 2015 at 3:53 am

Great makeover. I think the model is gorgeous with and without makeup. Suggestion to her though, to deal with redness on her face, use St Ives green tea scrub, or any other green tea or cooling products. They should help ?

46. Debs!

August 3, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I love the confidence, beautiful eyes (before makeup) and the transformation!
    Good job to iposh, Chinwe’s inward beauty got accentuated!
    Confidence is a very beautiful and priceless accessory mehn!