Music

D’Banj Reveals Details about his Next Album, Being the Michael Jackson, P.Diddy & Jay Z of Africa + a Million Dollar Gift from Kanye & More

unnamedIn an exclusive interview on set of D’Banj‘s latest project, D’Banj sat down with Raro Lae, and dished her all of the tea!

D’Banj spoke of working on “Coming To America” music project for 6+ months (Including I’m D’Banj Album & EP) celebrating his 10th year anniversary, million dollar Jesus piece jewelry given to him by Kanye West, exclusive info about his latest music video, being inspired by Beyoncé for current project (He’s already filmed 5+ videos) , paving the way for international artist, Ciroc sponsorship and more.

D’Banj also talked about being the P.Diddy, Michael Jackson, Jay Z of Africa as well as the struggles & obstacles he faced in the past 10 Years of being in the music industry!

The interview was filmed by Champion Studio, in collaboration with Lafamedia Productions, iCirculate & Kedu TV.

1. tolu

June 5, 2015 at 10:23 am

Irrespective on whatever anybody might be thinking. Dbanj has gone far more than any nigerian artist not even tubaba. Hes doing great tins internationally.

• Gistyinka Blog

June 5, 2015 at 11:23 am

Eja Nla is the biggest african music export of the 21 century. He has used his music as an entertainer and brand to sell Africa music to the world and many still yet to come from him.

• Squad

June 6, 2015 at 2:04 am

Tubaba wasnt signed to any american label before african queen went international…you cant compare them at all… unlike dbanj they look for tuface. If tuface wanted to go international, trust me he would. Dbanj to tuface? Is it by kanyewest or jay-z? Abeg lets hear word

2. iyayu

June 5, 2015 at 10:38 am

i like this dudes personality… plus, he is wayyyyyyyyyyyy up OMG! Haters shud go sleep @DemDemOgaTitusDem.

3. awosh

June 5, 2015 at 10:44 am

I love d:bangs energy level its spot on.The guy is a born entertainer

4. Kyjuan

June 5, 2015 at 10:52 am

I cringed all through the interview literally. He barely answered the questions and was just unprofessionall all through.

• Seriously

June 5, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Thank you. D banj suffers from the same syndrome of grandiose like Kanye. Only difference is, Kanye has talent to back it up. D banj, is not doing well at all, compared to how he would have been doing. Kanye gave him fake promise ring and it all fell flat in his face. He needs to reevaluate his life, music is not working for him. He should go into producing, directing or something. His new songs barely hit million viewers. I feel sorry for him bcos he’s trying to save face by hyping himself up but we all know the truth.

• Lois

June 5, 2015 at 4:10 pm

I agree. DBanj is like the typical Nigerian politicians who suddenly looses touch with reality and remains that way till he gets thrown out or stoned by his people.

• Modele

June 5, 2015 at 6:29 pm

D’banj is always blowing his own trumpet and overrating his relationships with all these American’s stars to save his face for his dwindling music career. Kanye gave me this, Jay-Z gave me that, Bros let others do the shouting for you. Empty barrel makes the louder noise, Mr Michael Jackson of Nigeria, by the way, when are you releasing your album under the GOOD Music label, are still signed in ?

• Tanya

June 8, 2015 at 2:47 pm

You are spot on ‘Seriously’, you took the words right out of my mouth!

• nene

June 5, 2015 at 1:18 pm

gbam

5. bruno FIERCE

June 5, 2015 at 11:10 am

have u paid your rent? LOL.

dbanj ur career is dried up like the sahara desert.
    you ain’t fooling nobody with all these “I am african michael Jackson” talk.

6. Gistyinka Blog

June 5, 2015 at 11:25 am

This dude is breaking barriers for african music to the world, people might blame him in recent years due to his lack of having hit song , but this due is selling african music to the world.

7. nnenne

June 5, 2015 at 11:42 am

Good luck Dbanj.
    Continue to put your eyes on the prize.
    Please don’t let anyone turn you to Majek Fashek.
    A lot of crazy people out here.

8. Beeeee

June 5, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Why must he be the next anybody??? Do you

• Warizdiz

June 5, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Same Questin l asked. Iranu. Too much rambling.

Talented no doubt.

9. hilda

June 5, 2015 at 12:27 pm

great sense of humor…i love u dbang

10. ¤£€$¥

June 5, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Neva change cu$ god dont

11. bruno FIERCE

June 5, 2015 at 1:14 pm

bellanaija wetin una do my comment. lol

dbanj and tiwa savage are ur babies u can’t yab them abi

12. Tygorf

June 5, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Personally, I won’t say Dbanj is doing great. No hate here but aside the international recognition he is receiving, his songs barely hit. His songs are not hitting home (for me). For the love of God, I still can’t forgive him for what he did to “Oliver Twist”. Wowww beat but the lyrics…. *shed tears. The only relevance he has is his tie to international artist but his songs..hell no. MY OPINION PLEASE.

13. fête

June 5, 2015 at 1:52 pm

Dbanj suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. That is why he goes from failed relationship to failed relationship both personal and professional. I pity him in a way, most Narcissists don’t even know that they are narcissists.

14. Naveah

June 5, 2015 at 3:42 pm

He considers himself the Michael Jackson, P.Diddy & Jay Z of Africa? Mama said, if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all. I don’t know if to laugh or to vex, abeg make I go before I pop a vein.

15. mabel

June 5, 2015 at 5:10 pm

Bangalee you know I love you but please don’t make that mistake again. Comparing yourself to Micheal? My Micheal? That I cried so much when he died? That I grew up with his name on my lips when it comes to music? I just shed a tear now. Please don’t do that again. You can compare yourself to Jayz. But not Micheal. Don’t ever do that again. It’s like Tiwa comparing herself to Whitney. No! Water get level o.

16. Kemmie

June 5, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Micheal Jackson of African with barely any hit ! this man must be a joker.

17. ...just saying

June 5, 2015 at 8:35 pm

D’banj, Tim Westwood called you out on that Kanye chain and explained to the world how Kanye took his property backstage. STOP LYING!!!! Ahn…ahn..

18. nestradamus

June 6, 2015 at 2:18 am

he looks so skinny though, why? chai please whatever the issue is i pray GOD makes a way for him. no one should rejoice over another man’s challenges. may he find humility so that help can locate him 🙁

19. mile_dean

January 11, 2016 at 12:31 am

Dbanj ur great…if only people would understand the revolution u have brought to the industry.most artists r there now cuz of serious contributions to the game. God bless u more bangalee the ejanla