Events

Dencia’s Outfit to the 2015 BET Awards is Her Most Avant-Garde Look Yet

BellaNaija.com

Dencia - BellaNaija - June 2015
Trust Dencia to bring the drama to a red carpet event.

The Cameroonian pop star is presently at the 2015 BET Awards taking place today Sunday 28th June 2015 in Los Angeles, California.

For the music award ceremony, she opted for a head tie, a.k.a gele, a figure hugging body suit adorned with Hello Kitty dolls, gold shades and platform heels.

What’s your take on the look?
Dencia - BellaNaija - June 2015 - 01

Photo Credit: Instagram.com

1. Pretty girl

June 29, 2015 at 1:15 am

Firstly the head tie no just go were with the dressing and are the teddy bears sewn along with the suit me don’t just like and again is this the only thing she has in her closet she should have tried something different for one’s

• Jice

June 29, 2015 at 6:38 am

once dear…

• Fols

June 29, 2015 at 10:56 am

I just pity those who would have had to sit behind her, they for not see anything. But going by the relevance-o-meter, she was probably somewhere wayyyy behind anyway, so probly no harm done. But that outfit looks like it was made at home o……., hello kittys and all.

• Tosin

June 30, 2015 at 3:26 am

funny comment. for me, the look is interesting, but too many gadgets she should subtract one 🙂

2. FasholasLover

June 29, 2015 at 1:29 am

The thirst for relevance is real.

3. Joke

June 29, 2015 at 1:36 am

Girl, as much as I appreciate your hustle, not everyone can be “Lady Gaga,” and ehm, tell your benefactor I said hi, because the money you are spending is not from what you earn that we can see as in your music and whitenicious…

• J

June 29, 2015 at 10:47 am

Gurl, your sarcastic wit is scorching….

4. abby

June 29, 2015 at 1:37 am

I like her like dat…..love d outfit just cos its dencia!!!!! Go gurl,u rock!

5. Nams

June 29, 2015 at 1:38 am

No clue what she’s trying to prove big looooooooooooollll

6. hahahahahahaha!

June 29, 2015 at 1:42 am

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

7. amy

June 29, 2015 at 1:59 am

She looked lost..wanna be in d game

8. Usuji

June 29, 2015 at 2:51 am

Mtcheew!,attention seeker

9. Only you waka go

June 29, 2015 at 2:57 am

Madam Dencia you no dey wear knee length skirts or even simple T shirts? How that skin dey breathe?
    This color must be maintained by force or fire in that California climate.
    After taking a shower, she applies a generous amount of whitenicious , waits another 20 minutes then applies SPF 200 (Cuz no sun is gonna permeate this skin hunty) then finally she wears the chosen neck choking leotard of the day.

Nose job, breast job, aggressive liposuction and butt implants on top of the new skin.
    For only you alone?Na only you Waka come?
    Just Negodu!

Anyway oluwa bless your hustle. You are good at whatever you do. As for your outfit, the shock factor is lost on me. Trying too hard.

Enjoy!

10. Esther

June 29, 2015 at 3:16 am

I don’t know whether to call her a Drag queen or maybe she just like to get herself insulted, this outfit of hers is just not cutting it, she even allowed people to call our Gele a wrapping paper: Dencia you need to fire your stylist with immediate effect. Because combining Gele and hello kitty is just absurd.

11. nikky

June 29, 2015 at 4:26 am

Thirst thirst thirst.

12. Lucy

June 29, 2015 at 5:15 am

Abeg apart from dencia outfit,This award show is the bomb(pardon my English),great performances,Alicia keys, Janet Jackson,Ciara,nicki,big Sean,CB, And Tamar apologizing to k Michelle,omg I can go on and on,I just wish our Award shows can be a little bit top notch like this

13. Truth

June 29, 2015 at 5:27 am

I always try to be non judgemental. But Satan is testing me. Jesus/Allah/Amodhia/Sango take the wheel. It is only Dencia that can make me religious. KONTINU.

14. cos I say so

June 29, 2015 at 6:44 am

If she had done an African print jumpsuit and one of our lovely modern geles… everybody would have been impressed and she would have still gotten the attention she was seeking but noooo… she had to do this to Africa
    Who even gave her tickets?

15. jAmara

June 29, 2015 at 6:47 am

Exactly what her target is…to get everyone talking.

16. E!

June 29, 2015 at 6:52 am

Boo boo kitty

17. Keke

June 29, 2015 at 7:34 am

Dencia..The Jumpsuit Lady.

18. ACE

June 29, 2015 at 7:57 am

Girl I respect your hustle but this is just too much effort

19. Ocean Beauty

June 29, 2015 at 8:52 am

Polynus abi Polycarp, where art thou the faithful stan?

• Paloma

June 29, 2015 at 10:28 am

Do you know i was actually searching for her comment?

• polypoly

June 29, 2015 at 3:48 pm

hey Paloma!! hey gurl hey…..you know I am here for the people. I give them what they want daily….yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!

• Naaaah

June 29, 2015 at 10:47 am

Pls. leave Poly Poly alone. She has yet to drink her coffee this morning.
      #Yaaaaaaaaaaaas #Yakitiyakiti Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa#

• polypoly

June 29, 2015 at 3:47 pm

hey yall!!! gwoorrlllll I am still recovering from the BET weekend. chaillle yalll know I stan for Queen DENCIA but hunnnnayyyyyy, not today and forever!!!

no GAWD!!! Queen Dencia come in here and sit down for this READ! You wannna be relevant soo bad gurl but the world has ignored your existence. I was the only one that saw some potential but lemme tell ya, I am delivert now!!!!! yasssssss
      so what on earth does hello kitty have to do with your brand biko??? You are hawking whitenicious skin lightening creams but chose to cover up ur porcelain bleached skin??? bye fish!!! you are mess boo boo kittyyy!
      Arent you supposed to be about that African Energy?? yet you chose to bow down to Kitty Chan and serve Oriental Chinese realness. confusion is her middle name….Sweetie my Chinese gurls don’t see it for ur catsuit or the lady gaga inspired kitty shoulders hun. you failed at hello….
      Wulda been better if you wore an African inspired dress that showed off that whitenicious skin. I mean, even ToolzO likes to allow her skin breathe sometimes, you sef do the same and quit these hideous outfits. Eccentric or Unique you are not!

as Chigurl will say, Sell ya Markayte……bye Dencia!!! I am officially dropping you as dead Eja Iris (smelly fish). you are iirelevant to me at this time.

20. chy

June 29, 2015 at 9:17 am

style is anytin u wear and feels comfortable in it.dencia feels comfortable in anytin she wears.if she like let her carry caterpillar for head as long as shes ok with it,i aint gonna curse her out.go dencia!

21. khamila

June 29, 2015 at 9:47 am

I feel sorry for this woman,cos this makes no sense at all.!

22. FinchleysFinest

June 29, 2015 at 9:49 am

Trying to hard to be relevant… Who is she again? a comedienne?

23. observer

June 29, 2015 at 11:01 am

plz is this lady normal? all these I wanna be lady gaga bebes sef

24. i no send

June 29, 2015 at 11:08 am

i have only pity for her

• Sisi Eko

June 29, 2015 at 10:37 pm

Maybe you should try and pity urself. Is she ur relation?

25. Chicky

June 29, 2015 at 11:45 am

senseless outfit. she could have tied a wrapper that would show an african concept.

26. cee

June 29, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Dencia in guiliana’s voice who are you wearing or better still what are u even wearing cos there is a lot going on that I can’t figure out…wait gele on jumpsuit that’s som seriuz joke,who ever gave u that ticket must hav bin shocked,sister u must nt attend evry event as if ur candycrush jumpsuit didn’t cause a lot of stare nw tedys n gele ,de individual sitting nxt n behind u must hav bin prayin 4 de event to be over soonest,abeg fire ur stylist if u styled urself tek a brk….ha#u can do better…

27. Bella

June 29, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Im sorry how old is this girl again, is it not time to focus on something to build your future! KMT

28. ferrari

June 29, 2015 at 1:52 pm

where is polypoly???

• polypoly

June 29, 2015 at 6:12 pm

hey gurl hey….you know I wont miss a Dencia post but she has been officially been De-scalped….sntached her title from her for this mess….lmao

29. Hatsoff

June 29, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Please is there a reason why Dencia only wears jumpsuits??

30. Angiee

June 29, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Trying soo hard to be noticed.

31. timmoore

August 6, 2015 at 11:23 am

haters get your selfish self get busy on important issues.Who go mind wonna own business nooh???

32. coldia

September 12, 2015 at 11:02 am

this is nice remember d august meeting where woman wear head ties and blouses with high shoulders that what she reinvented with the kitty dolls…she tried at least she didn’t copy Beyonce or Nicki minaj