Music

New Video: Chidinma – If E No Be God

Deji S

Chidinma - If E No Be God - BellaNaija - June - 2015

Brand new video from Ms. Kedike!

Chidinma releases the visuals to “If E No Be God” off her forthcoming sophomore album. Directed by Clarence Peters, the video features cameo appearances from Nigerian comedians – Seyi Law and Funny Bone.

Tell us what you think!

1. omooba

June 25, 2015 at 11:10 am

Nope! I love Chidinma, but this is ‘bleh’ for me. The dresses and dancing don’t go together at all. The gowns of the backup dancers look very cheap. The music…just there. No inspiration for a ‘God-themed’ sing. Just commercial.

• Mbaks

June 25, 2015 at 1:25 pm

“The gowns of the backup dancers look very cheap.” Please what’s your definition of ‘cheap’??? OH, now I get! She didn’t shoot her video in Dubai or @least in one of the “ghen ghen” churches in Lagos. Also she didn’t use celebrity dancers. This is what we call having a unique concept and she nailed it!!

• [email protected]

June 25, 2015 at 2:19 pm

See why its not good to judge based on peoples opinions, i actually do like the song and video.
      well done Chidinma

2. ka

June 25, 2015 at 11:16 am

Gurlllllll this is so good on every level! Chidnma is in a class of her own. You got no competition queen chi. You finish work!

3. nuelllla

June 25, 2015 at 11:25 am

not bad…but for Chidinma who has the bars raised no no…and Mr Clearance using the same venue as Yemi’s Johnny ,,,,hmn gerra of here….mehnn

4. Lea

June 25, 2015 at 11:26 am

The two first comments that’s life for you. ????

5. pinkie

June 25, 2015 at 11:57 am

Different stroke! not feeling the costume anyways.

6. Yvoone

June 25, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Nice one Chi! I like the fact that you acknowledge God for how far you’ve come.

7. Avon

June 25, 2015 at 12:10 pm

I’m afraid. NO COMMENTS!!!!

8. Ese

June 25, 2015 at 12:12 pm

She should have just called the song “Shoki remix”. I don’t know about this song and video though. It’s just there . She needs to change her label or something, I feel she is loosing herself

9. Ktemi

June 25, 2015 at 12:55 pm

I like d song n d video, though agree d dresses of d back up dancers look cheap. I know they were going for a vintage retro look but still cheap satin? Esp as she came out of a very nice car

10. BC

June 25, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Very creative and fresh. I giggled and laughed. Some ppl can never be pleased. She ba puo!

11. iyayu

June 25, 2015 at 2:12 pm

chidinma! chidinma! chidinma!… how many times did i call u??? u sang nonsense. leme be very objective dou. the bridge and chorus of the song is OK but for the verses nne u sang crap *whch 1 is baba God c my shoki, accpt my shocki* lmao u lost it in dt line nne… ndo pele sorry u hear???

• haters anonymous

June 26, 2015 at 12:46 am

exactly!
      me i don’t understand the “let the money cover us” part, money isn’t everything. if na blessing i go understand. and shoki no be offering, you cannot ask baba God to accept shoki… almost rude sef kmt
      other that those things, i like everything else.

• the bass

July 4, 2015 at 3:59 am

THE LAST WE CHECKED, YOU WERE NOT AND WILL NEVER BE GOD! SHUT YOUR TRAP AND LET GOD ACCEPT WHAT HE’LL ACCEPT. shikena

12. Lad

June 25, 2015 at 2:15 pm

You guys with the negative comments need to take a chill pill. The song is good.. The video is awesome. Why would someone say the backup dancers look cheap? Did you take time to think of the concept carved for the video? Nope I guess. It’s retro, and in a rural area. What do you expect, a Frank Osodi or Lanre DaSilva made gown? pls.. One last thing, give yourselves 2 days, you’d join in singing the song when you see it on your tv. And watchout, your choir will soon add it to their chorus list. Lol

13. Prec

June 25, 2015 at 3:48 pm

People so quick to comment negatively, obviously the costume was meant to be reflective of a time, can you guess the time from the video?? Okay then, so why will you say it’s cheap? It’s meant to be retro, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I don’t know about the song but the video was on point.

14. chi-e-z

June 25, 2015 at 5:55 pm

chimighty you’re the best… just stick with love and inspiration songs we love.+++ u’re better than the cheap pop crap.

15. Ona

June 27, 2015 at 8:56 am

I saw this video and I loved it so much. It’s entertainment .. It’s what it’s called and she nailed it. Was the video fun? Is the song memorable? Hate on this n u a bastardddd

16. Prescot

June 27, 2015 at 8:57 am

I loved the let the Money Cover us. We are just a hypocritical and lying nation. What do we ask GOD FOR? is it wrong to ask our maker for creativity?

17. Lambe

June 27, 2015 at 8:59 am

The video was shot in same location as Johnny! I love the boldness.. The director used it differently and achieved a great video, actually better than Johnny. I love Chidinma

18. Odhinbade

June 27, 2015 at 9:01 am

Been singing…. Let the money cover us…. Let your blessings cover us… If e no be GOD? I loved the dancers. What was that move??? Loco!!!! People on this site are bastards I swear, thank GOD I WENT TO WATCH AND I was entertained…

19. Patrisha

June 27, 2015 at 9:03 am

It’s sad how much hatred pole carry around. This is officially the dopest video from a female this year. Kudos to Clarence for finding new ways to interpret Chidinma. I can see she is bolder in exploring other sounds and u don’t have to like it by the way. Just keep your nonsense criticisms to yourself

20. Iconijewele

June 27, 2015 at 9:05 am

I love the song
    I love the video even more
    Waiting for the Ms Kedike album

21. Iconijewele

June 27, 2015 at 9:05 am

It all came from GOD!! I’m happy you haven’t forgotten

22. Tescaloni

June 27, 2015 at 9:07 am

Chidinma… This is different.. Was expecting an emu ni baller but you totally shocked me.. I love what you did and the video couldn’t be better… Pls don’t ever forget your GOD

23. rose

June 28, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Dis is a great job dear I love d video and d concept pls keep it up may God be with u for d rest of ur life( Amen)